SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 265 266 267 268 269 270 271 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Mr. Comey wrote the memo detailing his conversation with the president immediately after the meeting, which took place the day after Mr. Flynn resigned, according to two people who read the memo. The memo was part of a paper trail Mr. Comey created documenting what he perceived as the president’s improper efforts to influence a continuing investigation. An F.B.I. agent’s contemporaneous notes are widely held up in court as credible evidence of conversations.

Comey is not now and never has been an FBI agent. So this means less than nothing, other than as an example of the NYTimes trying to mislead readers.

God Bless and Protect President Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17546 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
Conveniently located directly
above the center of the Earth
Picture of signewt
posted Hide Post

**************~~~~~~~~~~
"I've been on this rock too long to bother with these liars any more."
~SIGforum advisor~
"When the pain of staying the same outweighs the pain of change, then change will come."~~sigmonkey

Posts: 9874 | Location: sunny Orygun | Registered: September 27, 2009Report This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Holy shit what the hell is going on?!

Posts: 5083 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Report This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
There are probably many leak sources, but perhaps Comey and his buddies are part of the massive deep state attempt at destabilizing the Trump administration.

Would explain why Comey was so reluctant to identify any of the leak sources.
And the President is surrounded by people from the last administration who he needs to rid himself of promptly. Shut the damn door in the fake medias face. He needs to step up his pace and start fireing and replacing people.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Report This Post
posted Hide Post
At least we now know where Comey's been keeping himself in the week since he got fired -- he's been busy writing a series of memos (contemporaneously, of course) covering his White House meetings.

A secret White House source tells me that each of them begin, "Once upon a time..."

--------------------------
Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats.
-- H L Mencken

I always prefer reality when I can figure out what it is.
-- JALLEN 10/18/18

Posts: 9367 | Location: Illinois farm country | Registered: November 15, 2008Report This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
Flynn didn't break the law and Trump saying "I hope you can let this go" isn't the same as I want you to shut this down. All he was saying is I hope you can let your witch hunt go because he's a good man and this is ridiculous.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
he should cease the daily 'briefings' which really aren't, have at most one a week, and if the media is really concerned, the Press Office could deliver a one page set of bullet points about what they've done since the last set of bullet points

hamstring the media by letting them slit their own throats

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53787 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Do No Harm,
Do Know Harm
posted Hide Post
It really is mind boggling.

The media can eat a bag of syphilitic dicks.

Knowing what one is talking about is widely admired but not strictly required here.

Although sometimes distracting, there is often a certain entertainment value to this easy standard.
-JALLEN

"All I need is a WAR ON DRUGS reference and I got myself a police thread BINGO." -jljones

Posts: 11463 | Location: NC | Registered: August 16, 2005Report This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Holy shit what the hell is going on?!

Yeah, over here in the heart of one of the hot zones, they're literally reporting on the radio this afternoon that the White House is in a meltdown and that Trump is screaming and going on F-bomb laced tirades and threatening to fire everyone. That's what I listened to on the way home, those smug fuck Ron and Don were just about orgasmic.

Posts: 17625 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Report This Post
Essayons
Picture of SapperSteel
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
. . .they're literally reporting on the radio this afternoon that the White House is in a meltdown and that Trump is screaming and going on F-bomb laced tirades and threatening to fire everyone. .

????

Color me doubtful.

Thanks,

Sap

Posts: 3452 | Location: Arimo, Idaho | Registered: February 03, 2006Report This Post
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
<snip>
That's what I listened to on the way home, those smug fuck Ron and Don were just about orgasmic.

I switched off Ron & Don and over to 95.7FM to listen to some old tunes for good memories. Those two have sure changed their rhetoric in the past few months; Don's always been outspoken and a loud mouth by nature.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Report This Post
Conservative Behind
Enemy Lines
Picture of synthplayer
posted Hide Post
The Media-Democratic Party Suicide Pact

By Patricia McCarthy

The national media and the Democratic Party have gone stark raving mad over President Trump's election victory; they refuse to accept it. Their paroxysms of fury are evident all day long on every network and cable news outlet and every mainstream newspaper. Since Nov. 8, they have leapt like a swarm of remoras onto a whale proclaiming every little thing that they think might take the man down. Hillary's team concocted the "Russia collusion" hoax within twenty-four hours of her defeat. Everyone knows this! Hillary is the one with all the Russia connections; lots of them, all financially benefiting her personal foundation. They, the media, have come up with numerous other schemes with which to attack Trump: taxes, emoluments, tweets, family, even his ice cream servings.

The Democrats in Congress dutifully follow suit like Pavlov's dogs. They care not a whit whether their charges are based in fact. Hence, "fake news." The mainstream media folk invented it, this "resistance," and they are running with it, day after day after day. They devised the game plan, and they are sanctimonious in their defense of it. Like the Russia meme they keep peddling, they go at it from every angle in the pitiable belief that they can convince the American people that they elected the wrong person.

Yet the more they double- and triple-down on their strategy and tactics, the more the American people realize how thoroughly demented are the media and their Democrat lapdogs. The more they contrive new tales of misconduct, chaos and/or incompetence, the more the rest of us realize how threatened they are by his successes: unemployment is down, illegal border crossings are down, the stock market is just fine, and the rescue of our medical care has begun. The more the media and the Democrats are driven mad by his policies -- the reining in of the EPA, reviewing Obama's federal land grabs, enforcing immigration laws that Obama did not, taking hard lines on Iran, North Korea, Russia, Syria, ISIS, the more we anti-establishment folks out here in flyover country cheer his every move.

Does Trump stumble here and there? Of course. Who does not? Clearly, he is not an experienced politico. He's a no-nonsense businessman with a style completely at odds with the DC establishment swamp. And a swamp it is. One only has to listen to Pelosi, Schumer, Durbin, Mark Warner, Adam Schiff, and the rest, to their ridiculous pretentions and imputations, to grasp the nature of the depth to which these media leftists and Democrat toadies are willing to descend to oppose President Trump. They are making complete and utter fools of themselves. Look no further than the execrable Maxine Waters; it would have been fine if Hillary fired Comey but it's a crime that Trump did! Hypocrisy is their stock in trade. The left is not the brain trust they think they are. They are the victims of their own calculated undermining of American education. Millions of Americans mis-educated in our universities sill have essential common sense. The media and the Democrats have become as historically bereft of common sense as the graduates our universities churn out every June.

With their paid, activist-trained protesters at virtually all Republican townhalls, the violence these resistance PACs foment on our university campuses, their Soros-funded protest marches, their almost venal pro-abortion litmus test, their blatant hypocrisy re: the firing of Comey, the media and the Democrats may think they are winning over all those ignorant Trump supporters. But they are not. They are demonstrating for all to see just how elitist they are, how dismissive they are of those of us who voted for him, and how disparaging they are of the US Constitution. They are confirming that they value illegal immigrants over citizens, Muslims over Christians, criminals over law-abiding persons. They support calculated gender confusion, speech codes, the tyranny of political correctness, and the construction of victim groups. All humans, with the exception of heterosexual white males, are victims of oppression of one kind or another. The left revels in pitting people against each other.

Our media and our Democrats seem to think that with all their hateful, childish behavior, their tantrums ("we won't vote for an FBI director unless there is a special prosecutor"), they can win back the House and Senate in 2018. They seem not to realize that they are going to lose more seats in both houses. Their strategy, these vile tactics, are a suicide pact. And when the mainstream media and the Democratic Party die by their own hands, only the mind-numbed elites on both coasts and the denizens of the editorial offices of the NYT, the WaPo, and the LA Times will be surprised. No one else will care. They will have seen it all coming for years.

Of all the enemies that the American citizen faces, the Democrat Party is the very worst.

Posts: 10831 | Location: SF Bay Area | Registered: June 06, 2007Report This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
I would hope he finds and fires all the leakers. I'd guess at least 90% of the WH staff are still holdovers from the former Administration and of those at least 75% would actively seek to shut this Administration down.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Report This Post
This Space for Rent
Picture of ugeesta
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yet the more they double- and triple-down on their strategy and tactics, the more the American people realize how thoroughly demented are the media and their Democrat lapdogs.

My God, I so wish this line to be true. The Dems and Media are like starving sharks around a bloated whale carcass right now. It's disgraceful how they are acting.

We will never know world peace, until three people can simultaneously look each other straight in the eye

Liberals are like pussycats and Twitter is Trump's laser pointer to keep them busy while he takes care of business - Rey HRH.

Posts: 5794 | Location: Colorado | Registered: April 20, 2009Report This Post
Dances with Wiener Dogs
Picture of XinTX
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The front page of CNN honestly looks like a tabloid cover right now.

Appropriate, given that it's CNN. In fact, with CNN it IS a tabloid cover. I find them to be about as accurate as The Onion.

“The only power any government has is the power to crack down on criminals. Well, when there aren't enough criminals, one makes them. One declares so many things to be a crime that it becomes impossible for men to live without breaking laws.” Ayn Rand

“If we relinquish our rights because of fear, what is it exactly, then, we are fighting for?” Sen. Rand Paul

Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
We are in/approaching VERY dangerous times, the media is leading a radical revolution and the leftist politicians are following their lead.
Watch, the media says or prints and the dems make that the narrative of the day. Things are wound very tight pay attention things can go sideways like a match on gasoline.
NYT WaPo and CNN will make up lies to keep poking the hornets nest.
Trumps honesty created a lot of powerful enemies

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...050018905#1050018905

Posts: 8676 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Report This Post
Glorious SPAM!
Picture of mbinky
posted Hide Post
What we are looking at is an attempt by the left to topple a democratically elected government. They are using 90% propaganda and 10% violence but that will change as they desire faster results.

I no longer consider left wing liberals my countrymen. They just aren't. What a real American opposition would be doing is looking for a candidate who could win in 2020, not trying to topple the one currently in office.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I am so tired of the media trotting out it's anti Trump stories everyday with their anonymously sourced allegations and innuendo, mischaracterizations, and editorializing....and then claiming that the White House is "besieged."

They are trying to create an alternate reality where Trump is plagued with scandal and incompetence....the same way that they contorted themselves to create the perception that Obama was untainted by scandal and hyper-brilliant.

They can all go FOAD.

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You have to pace yourselves, guys. All the players are going to remain in place and this will continue.

We're making progress. Pace yourselves.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109051 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
I find it interesting that in the same report they say "The President has the ultimate authority to classify or declassify information" he is accused of "leaking" classified information to the Russians.

If the President is all powerful and can share what he wants with whom he wants, how exactly is that a "leak"?

The same folks who had no concern or worries for Hillary using unsecured email for classified info and storing it on a private server, forwarding it to people without security clearances for "convenience" when she did not have the authority to do so want to make a federal case over the President deciding to share specific information, verbally, to a specific audience where we have a common goal. Oh, and no one denies the President actually has the authority to do so.

I get that there are many things we should be worried about with the Russians, that however does not negate that we can also have common interests and goals. I swear sometimes that our government wants to use the evil Russian empire to scare us "citizens" into agreeing to shit much like a parent threatens their child with the "boogie man" if they don't go to sleep.

Trump talks to the Russians, the sky is falling! It's collusion, treason, obstruction, etc. Hillary works a deal to give them how much of our uranium resources again and make self-enriching side deals as part of the plan but that is not an issue of concern?

The faux-outrage is becoming quite tiresome.

I would love to see a media blackout, no interviews, no comments, one page printed press releases on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Choke/starve the media, they just make the shit up anyway.

Oh, and maybe appoint about 6 special prosecutors to investigate the real leaks coming from the intelligence community and close that shit down. The elected officials are supposed to be in charge, not the career beauracrats who lurk in the shadows and don't answer to anyone.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 11220 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Report This Post