SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Trump Presidency
Page 1 ... 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 ... 522

Closed Topic Closed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools
The Trump Presidency Login/Join 
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BamaJeepster:
As expected. He won re-election in 2016, so he is free to be the extreme liberal he really is. A couple of years before he's up for election again, he will pretend to be an uber-conservative and Arizona voters will fall for it...Again...and he will continue to be elected until he either dies or decides not to run again.

A technique perfected by our very own Max Baucus.

And I have news for John McCain, the Western world has been "uniquely imperiled" for the past 25 years. Ever since daddy Bush began the globalist movement we have been in decline. Now is the time to reassert our individualism and not global collectivism.

The human beings on this rock will NEVER...EVER sit around a campfire together, holding hands, and singing "I'd like to teach the world to sing, in perfect harmony...". It will NEVER happen. It is against human nature.

I am so fooking sick of hearing this shit. McCain just needs to go cuddle with his girlfriend Lindsay or his new beau Ashton Kutcher and shut his damned pie-hole. Or, given that he's in his 80s, he could just die. That'd work too.

Posts: 20557 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Report This Post
Picture of Oregon
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
quote:
Originally posted by c1steve:
quote:
Originally posted by dwd1985:
--------------
OK, I really need to ask a question on this one. Why is this a good thing? Dumping mining de rid into rivers is a bad thing, and I don't see how preventing mining companies from doing so is s job killer. Can someone explain further?

Removing mine tailings manually, but trucking them to a dump site would make jobs. Dumping toxic tailing into the river is a sure way of killing off fish and giving humans life long illnesses. If Trump allows this, that is many steps backwards and giving the democrats something legitimate to complain about.

If republicans want a super majority in 2 years, someone better talk some sense into Trump. Otherwise he is simply giving the democrats power.

I knew I wasnt the only one who thought this sounded wrong. Can any forum member offer a better explanation? This seems like bad policy we should NOT be celebrating.

Explain what you guys thought this rule did and what has been done prior to the rule being implemented in December.

Do you think it's been legal for coal companies to dump into streams and rivers all the way up until last month? What do you base this understanding on?

I think, most of all, that those of us in states that don't produce a lot of coal (if any) don't understand this rescinded act. I looked for a fair amount of time and couldn't find a lot of info other than "they'll be dumping stuff in the streams!"

Maybe you guys who are in coal country could enlighten us.

"Why is it every time I need to get somewhere, we get waylaid by jackassery?"
-Dr. Thaddeus Venture

Posts: 6107 | Location: PDX | Registered: May 14, 2004Report This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
you have to feel sorry for McCain

after all, he makes Gabby Giffords look smart

really, John, if you're so smart, why not try to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem

[B] Against ALL enemies, foreign and DOMESTIC

Posts: 53776 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Report This Post
Plowing straight ahead come what may
Picture of Bisleyblackhawk
posted Hide Post
quote:
I think people forget that it's not just the miners impacted. I have friends who work for the railroad, not to mention machinists, mechanics, engineers, truck drivers, single moms working in restaurants in these mining towns, etc who are impacted by this war on coal. It has a tremendous trickle down effect and it's not an exaggeration to say the past 8 years have been an economic depression in the Appalachians.

The railroads are heavily impacted when coal is involved...I've been retired almost 6 years...even before I retired the democrats were losing some of their shine with several rail unions. The Dems were putting pressure on the local union leaders to keep the members in the fold and voting democrat...it didn't work well at all, even back then, and from what I was told by friends still working during the last election cycle...the majority of union members and some local leaders had totally jumped ship from Hillary and Sanders over to Trump as a result of their environment platform (especially coal)...it makes no sense to vote for the party that will cut your throat and that idea caught on with railroad union working men and women...the reduction of coal traffic and revenue was a major cause of Knoxville's Norfolk Southern car repair facility to shut down with a loss of almost 80 good paying jobs.

Except for staunch blue dog true believers (there ARE ALWAYS those) very few rail union rank and file members bought Obama's "friends of coal" bullshit early in his first election...

Democrats need to fear losing the union vote they have always counted on as being theirs no matter what...what they are failing to realize is that working America is waking up and the free shit America is quickly becoming their only base.

I can't stand a damn democrat.

"we've gotta roll with the punches, learn to play all of our hunches
Making the best of what ever comes our way
Forget that blind ambition and learn to trust your intuition
Plowing straight ahead come what may
And theres a cowboy in the jungle"
Jimmy Buffet

Posts: 10592 | Location: Southeast Tennessee...not far above my homestate Georgia | Registered: March 10, 2010Report This Post
10mm is The
Boom of Doom
Picture of Fenris
posted Hide Post
The left attempts to destroy everything, even their own allies and constituencies. They can't help themselves. Mass murder is embedded in the left's ideological DNA.

God Bless and Protect Donald John Trump.

VOTE EARLY TO BEAT THE CHEAT!!!

Posts: 17541 | Location: Northern Virginia | Registered: November 08, 2008Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/mi...e_editors_picks=true

Late Friday, Miami-Dade County , Florida, became the first major metropolitan area to drop its sanctuary status.

The decision to back the president’s new order to detain illegal immigrants charged with a crime ignored hours of emotional pleas.

Mayor Gimenez is a Cuban-born immigrant himself, but he immediately complied with the president’s order, which threatened to withhold millions in federal funding.

Info Guru
Picture of BamaJeepster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
I think, most of all, that those of us in states that don't produce a lot of coal (if any) don't understand this rescinded act. I looked for a fair amount of time and couldn't find a lot of info other than "they'll be dumping stuff in the streams!"

Maybe you guys who are in coal country could enlighten us.

There are extremely onerous and vigorously enforced standards already in place, almost to the point of making it unprofitable to even attempt to mine coal.

These last minute regulations the Obama admin tried to put in at the last minute in December would have made it virtually impossible to even get a permit, let alone actually mine any coal. That was the intent of the new rules - the last shot in Obama's publicly stated war on coal.

This resolution just undid those rules rushed thru in December, not ALL the other rules already prohibiting polluting rivers and streams.

“Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passions, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence.”
- John Adams

Posts: 29408 | Location: In the red hinterlands of Deep Blue VA | Registered: June 29, 2001Report This Post
Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mayor Gimenez is a Cuban-born immigrant himself, but he immediately complied with the president’s order, which threatened to withhold millions in federal funding.

It is amazing what can be accomplished with the power of the purse..........DJT doing in less than a month on the job what the establishment Republicans couldn't do in two years.

Posts: 4053 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Historians rank Obama 12th best president in new survey

"C-SPAN released a survey Friday that asked historians to rank past presidents and former-President Obama was voted the country's 12th best, right behind Woodrow Wilson and in front of James Monroe.

Historians were asked to essentially grade the presidents on items like “public persuasion” and “moral authority.” Politico reported that Obama rated high in the category of “equal justice for all,” but received low marks for his relationship with Congress.

Of course, it is difficult to determine the effectiveness of a presidency so soon after the president left office."

"He's the bestest", said Brian D. Williams, renowned Chief Historian at the Center for Democratic Policy. "Most of my colleagues from the DNC wanted to rate him higher due to the fact that he was born in a manger", he added. "The main problem was defining 'manger', some thought 'manducus' did not apply to him".

Knowing more by accident than on purpose.

Posts: 14186 | Location: Tampa, Florida | Registered: December 12, 2003Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Oregon:
I looked for a fair amount of time and couldn't find a lot of info other than "they'll be dumping stuff in the streams!"

But, that is how they roll. For instance on a different topic, there are commercials playing right now of a state bill. If you listen to the commercials, the state is fraught with lawsuits on doctors, hospitals, and healthcare providers. And because of these lawsuits, people in rural areas just can not get health care. DOCTORS ARE MOVING FROM KENTUCKY. GRANNY CAN'T GET HER MEDS. JUNIOR IS DYING. Call Frankfort and tell them to vote yes. The truth to the matter is that the commercials are put on by an insurance lobby group looking to cut their liability in actual suits. In talking to doctors, the state is not doing any better/worse than other states as far as doctor shortages go. But, if you listen to the commercials, whoooo boy, we are in trouble.

The order written by Obama has to do with permitting of new mines, and renewal of existing mines that maybe go dormant, and then reopen. It has nothing to do with slag in waterways, or the environment. It is just a mechanism to further the war on coal. They just spin it that it is killing our waterways. Just like any industry, waterways have to be monitored by the company, state EPA, and Federal EPA. State EPA conducts itself as a bigger dick than the feds more often than not. I don't know why that is, but the company men seem to fear the KY EPA more than the federal.

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37167 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
If you want to read about the Stream Protection Rule, here is the repeal that President Trump signed:

https://www.congress.gov/115/b...LS-115hjres38enr.pdf

and here is the Dec 2016 rule that Obama pushed through at the last minute:

https://www.gpo.gov/fdsys/pkg/...0/pdf/2016-29958.pdf

(your head will hurt trying to read it)

The rule says it will lower coal production. The rule says it will result in lower greenhouse gas emissions.

The rule says it will reduce carbon dioxide by 2.6 million short tons in 2020.

I don't mean to imply that CO2 emissions are the only things discussed, frankly much of the rule was not clear to me.

I didn't trust Obama and I don't trust the EPA.

Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
And this is the lady that they hold out as proof of the intellectual heft of the progressive movement. Looks to me more like an idiot who failed basic high school civics.

free upload pictures

Posts: 6081 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Report This Post
Picture of AzMikeCFD102
posted Hide Post
quote:
you have to feel sorry for McCain

after all, he makes Gabby Giffords look smart

really, John, if you're so smart, why not try to be part of the solution rather than part of the problem

Well said, I agree on all counts.

MAGA

NRA
Gun Owners of America

Posts: 388 | Location: Tucson, Az | Registered: August 17, 2016Report This Post
Sigforum K9 handler
Picture of jljones
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
And this is the lady that they hold out as proof of the intellectual heft of the progressive movement. Looks to me more like an idiot who failed basic high school civics.

free upload pictures

Don't worry, guys. She's claiming she's not a stupid witch, it was sarcasm. :roll eyes:

https://townhall.com/tipsheet/...ent-clinton-n2286325

www.opspectraining.com

"It's a bold strategy, Cotton. Let's see if it works out for them"

Posts: 37167 | Location: Logical | Registered: September 12, 2004Report This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
^Yay! Big Grin

Posts: 109014 | Registered: January 20, 2000Report This Post
Low Speed, High Drag
Picture of navyshooter
posted Hide Post

"Blessed is he who when facing his own demise, thinks only of his front sight.”

Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem

Montani Semper Liberi

Posts: 10375 | Location: Santa Rosa County | Registered: March 06, 2007Report This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Okay, so what is all this about letting people in AK hunt hibernating bears and wolf pups in their den?

I can't find the truth--everything comes back to lib sites.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post
Nature is full of
magnificent creatures
posted Hide Post

The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
Ok, I checked it out. It seems to be what the libs say it is. Has to do with letting the moms with kids raise the kids so that the population is not decreased quickly and upset the balance.

Is this about getting the fed out of the state's business? But it applies to federal land.

Why vote down the rule?

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Report This Post