SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
Give your balls a tug

You are 10 ply bud.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
His post makes me have flashbacks to the last time I attended a certain church. The customary closing prayer was being offered by a deacon of the church.

His main point was that the Christians in attendance that day should not be sorrowful about all of the sinners in our little town having to be sent to hell and enternal pain. His point was that those sinners, in his words, "They wouldn't be happy with us in Heaven, anyway!"

The more I thought about it, the more I knew he was right - I damn sure wouldn't be happy in Heaven with that arrogant bastard! (Even a sinner has a point of no return when arrogance is overwhelming.)

Posts: 1626 | Registered: February 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Yeah, thanks for all the fish.

Posts: 3044 | Location: Pnw | Registered: March 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ice age heat wave,
cant complain.
Picture of MikeGLI
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ArtieS:

This really expresses where I am. I disagree with any number of members over any number of things but I don't worry too much about it. After all, this is a firearms forum on the internet, and no one is ever wrong on the internet...

I'm happy Roe is gone. It was a poorly decided case, and introduced extreme and unnecessary distortions into our politics and our courts. I say this, being modestly pro-choice as a matter of policy, and being grateful that neither I, nor my adult daughters, have ever had to face this issue.

I will miss your perspective, but if you think this is a religious decision by the court, rather than a simple application of proper constitutional principals, then there isn't much to discuss. Furthermore, supporting a party that has, as a core of its meaning, restriction on all forms of liberty, seems counterproductive at best, and foolish at worst.

And once again, Artie hits it out of the park.

NRA Life Member
Steak: Rare. Coffee: Black. Bourbon: Neat.

Posts: 9695 | Location: Orlando, Florida | Registered: July 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Maybe his wife made him do it...

Posts: 266 | Registered: September 12, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clang:
Maybe his wife made him do it...

Not likely.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30411 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I have not yet begun
to procrastinate
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
Is this the part where we’re supposed to ask you not to leave?

Nah…give it another 10 years or so.

--------
After the game, the King and the pawn go into the same box.

Posts: 3775 | Location: Central AZ | Registered: October 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Motherfuck! John Cornyn was a member here!

Posts: 7460 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Freaking Manchurian Candidate.

Somebody please keep an extra eye on the damn classifieds.

Unfortunately, the Sunday afternoon SigForum Bridge Game is now cancelled until further notice.

https://youtu.be/EnfAVLatlmY

This message has been edited. Last edited by: x0225095,

0:01

Posts: 4213 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
Motherfuck! John Cornyn was a member here!

That made me laugh

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11293 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Keeping the economy moving since 1964
Picture of chbibc
posted Hide Post

-----------------------
You can't fall off the floor.

Posts: 8528 | Location: Rochester, NY behind enemy lines | Registered: March 12, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I honestly don't understand any of this. Let me re-phrase. I don't understand the extreme reactions on both sides of this particular issue, and it causes me some alarm that this seems to be the norm of late.

Something (anything it seems of late) happens...
LEFT: "The Right are trying to dictate all and must be crushed"
RIGHT: "The Left are trying to dictate all and must be crushed"

Seriously... what the hell? Since this decision I've seen many people dive off the deep end. Yet, it will likely have ZERO impact on any of them directly. Yet, they act like they have been personally injured or harmed in some way.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 37983 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
Based upon your historical posts, this is really about sex or your concern you won't get it anymore or as much.

Posts: 12469 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Low Profile Member
posted Hide Post
OK. You don't like republicans and you don't like religious factions (whatever that is).
Where do you stand on the constitution?

Posts: 3529 | Registered: August 19, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
I have overwhelmingly enjoyed my time here, and this place will always be a series of fond memories to me despite the occasional disagreement on a topic or three.

Parabellum is a near perfect forum owner and moderator, with loads of patience, and the membership here is full of generally lovely people with whom I have no problem on a personal level, and no problem with politically on most of the issues we share.

However... yesterday's Supreme Court decision has put me firmly in opposition to the Republican Party and the religious factions therein, to a degree that is not only irreconcilable, but has managed to motivate me to come out of a comfortable near retirement in order to go fight against such things as a primary focus in my life.

Heretofore I have voted Republican in every single election since 1988, but never again... I have lost all faith in the Party and the Court as it stands. The point of no return, politically, for me personally, has been reached and vastly exceeded by overturning Roe and the other downstream implications of the court's decision.

Further, and most importantly in this context, I've taken a job for the opposition, and will henceforth literally be working against the Republican Party and the religious factions on these sorts of issues, on a daily basis, as my job/career.

I don't expect a warm reception to this message, and that's fine.

We all have our limits, politically and otherwise, and mine were surpassed by a lot.

I'm fine, you understand. Calm, cool, collected. No meltdown, no irratic behavior, nothing of the sort. This is a significant decision I have not taken lightly, and up until this point I have held my nose regarding the religious Right, but no more. From my perspective the Republican Party and the Supreme Court have been compromised and overtaken by a vocal minority with whom I vehemently disagree on various issues, and rather than bicker with you all about it, I'm switching careers over it instead.

So like I said, thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave here.

Assuming Parabellum even lets this message be posted and stay, I will update my profile later to include an email address for those who wish to stay in touch, and following that I'm just going to leave you all to it here in these forums which are overwhelmingly made up of Republicans as well as many socially conservative folks.

I'm off to fight against this court decision, against Q sorts, against Proud Boy sorts, and especially against the religious sorts who wish to rule other folks lives in ways that are unforgivable, and overturning Roe is one such thing: unforgivable.

Best of luck to you all in a broad life sense, but it's time to say goodbye. Smile

I'm not going to dogpile, or join the feeding frenzy here. But I will say I think you are making a mistake.

Certainly it's emotional, on both sides. Many people are VERY entrenched in their beliefs. I think that is by design. Get people all spun up over an issue near and dear to them (or MAKE it near and dear to them) and you have a voter for life. Both sides do it. The media (both wings of it) do it. The people are all being convinced that the "other guys" are evil, wrong, and the enemy. It's a play for power cause if the folks in charge keep us distracted with fighting each other, then we don't turn on them. And most of the country is falling for it.

And its getting worse... People are starting to actually believe it, not just the fringes. Take 90 percent of the population, and exclude the ONE SINGLE issue that they have been conditioned to hold near and dear to them (Be it abortion, guns, LGTBQ#$*&^TAF rights, immigration, tax reduction, tax increases, etc) and they wouldn't have much separation at all.

And no, there isn't even some shadow group doing it. We are doing it to OURSELVES. The puppets are controlling their own strings and don't even know it.

But I believe this. If opposing viewpoints can't be shared civilly, and people CANNOT be exposed to opposite viewpoints without losing their minds, then we're done for.

If you have to leave, then do what you must my friend, thanks for all the conversation over the years. But I'd ask you not to fall for it. Don't get into the "all or nothing" camp that is going to tear us apart. I'm not even saying this so much to you, as to everyone else who might read this. Don't fall for it. We AREN"T each other's enemy, we are only being told we are by peer pressure.

Anyone who pushes the "us vs them" narrative, on ANY SIDE, is the problem.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
True to form.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29711 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
KevinCW - why bother quoting the original post?

We all know what he wrote, no point in killing more electrons repeating it…

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10944 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posting without pants
Picture of KevinCW
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
KevinCW - why bother quoting the original post?

We all know what he wrote, no point in killing more electrons repeating it…

No real reason, I wasn't logged in when I made the reply and that just happened to be the button I clicked.

I meant it, I'm not gonna dogpile on him. He's been an "invisible friend" here for a LONG time.

I may not agree with him, but that's no reason that I can't be civil and treat him with respect. That's what is tearing this country apart.

Strive to live your life so when you wake up in the morning and your feet hit the floor, the devil says "Oh crap, he's up."

Posts: 33287 | Location: St. Louis MO | Registered: February 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No ethanol!
posted Hide Post
Plenty of room here to read dissenting opinions. From best pistol, to which are the worst kinds of bad drivers, ect, but your needing to tell us you're better off joining the other side to work against conservatism is the mental equivalent of a Joe Biden bike dismount.

edited for grammar

------------------
The plural of anecdote is not data. -Frank Kotsonis

Posts: 2009 | Location: Berks Co PA | Registered: December 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I’m with Skins and Kevin. I don’t always agree with what you post, some of it I strongly disagree with, and on this one, I think you’re mistaken.

I’m glad Roe got overturned, and I’m decidedly not any of the things you say you will now actively oppose. I’m squarely in the official unofficial “leave me alone” party, and I thought you were, too. It’s not one political party or the other, man. When you get right down to it, it’s just like professional wrestling: they put on a show for the crowd, act like they’re really fighting, then when it’s over, they go backstage and share some jumbo meat lovers pizza. It’s not left vs right, it’s the elites vs everyone else, just like it’s been throughout all human history everywhere. Politics is a distraction and window dressing for control measures, and the compass to navigate through that horseshit, for me, always has to be “what laws give us the most freedom that stops only short of our fist in a neighbor’s nose?” We don’t allow people to do all manner of horrible, unspeakable things to each other because they’ve crossed through the magical threshold and a doctor was there to catch them, but if they haven’t, then chopping them up and ripping them out of their mother is a guaranteed right? No, sir. And I’m ok with states that want to outlaw that doing so.

I wish you well in life, and I hope you find somewhere you feel like you fit, but I can’t agree with you on the abortion thing, and I can’t understand how it has you and so many others so stirred up. I’ve heard the arguments and seen the posts on Reddit and elsewhere and they just seem incredibly ungrounded to me. All the same, I wish you well.

Posts: 17167 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post