SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
People take breaks from things all the time. Sometimes they take breaks from here… I did for many years. Had other stuff to do.

The perversity is the absolute narcissism displayed. I agree that he’s reading every fucking post getting some weird jollies; most likely some congenital puerile stuff.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
delicately calloused
Picture of darthfuster
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Well the OP has joined another intelligent, true citizen of our great country Big Grin

Green Day front man Billie Joe Armstrong says he is lost to the U.S. forever. On Friday night he declared “fuck America” before adding he was “renouncing his citizenship” in the aftermath of the SCOTUS abortion ruling.

Hmmm... turning commie and leaving the forum OR being a commie and leaving the country... a toss up, 'eh?

"Good Riddance (Time of Your Life)"

When I read this story, I commented that Billie should try holding his breath until the court changes its mind. Perhaps more than just Billie could benefit from that advice.

You’re a lying dog-faced pony soldier

Posts: 29696 | Location: Highland, Ut. | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
People take breaks from things all the time. Sometimes they take breaks from here… I did for many years. Had other stuff to do.

The perversity is the absolute narcissism displayed. I agree that he’s reading every fucking post getting some weird jollies; most likely some congenital puerile stuff.

Probably showing them to his new friends to show them how deplorable and dangerous 'the enemy' is.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
quote:

When I read this story, I commented that Billie should try holding his breath until the court changes its mind.

I figure now that he's renounced, Billie Joe ought to go ahead and get to packin' his gear. Wonder what country he's destined for? Razz

(Apologies for the thread drift.)

God bless America.

Posts: 13500 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 46and2:
However... yesterday's Supreme Court decision has put me firmly in opposition to the Republican Party and the religious factions therein, ...
Yesterday's Dobbs decision had nothing to do with either the GOP or the so-called "religious right." It was all about bad law. A past SCOTUS inventing a "right" out of whole cloth. Even the late, great Justice Ruth Bader Ginsberg had felt it defective.

Your apparent utter failure to grasp that, your belief that it's ok to corrupt the Judicial and Legislative processes as long as you achieve the desired outcome, or both, suggests you're probably well-suited to hook up with the looney left, which operates more on "feels" than reality and the principle of "by whatever means necessary."

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Money won is sweeter
than money earned
Picture of Rick_Perry
posted Hide Post
He belongs on the left - He lacks common sense.

Einstein defines insanity as "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results"

Posts: 3086 | Location: SE MI | Registered: October 26, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And this is why society is crumbling. Instead of being adults who can interact with each other even when we don’t see eye to eye on everything, the new hotness is to take your ball and go home, thereby strengthening the echo chamber in which you live. People on both sides of the aisle are guilty of it, and unless it stops, nothing will get better…

Posts: 50 | Location: Northern Indiana | Registered: September 30, 2021Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Back when I was traveling a lot for work, I didn't keep up here that much. I checked in now and then and made some comments or posted some things in the classified, but I was not a "regular". Just didn't have time.

Past few years I've been here a lot more because I was working at home and the discussions of stuff here amid the all the craziness going on in the world have been great, especially the links to things I wouldn't otherwise see.

I don't agree with everyone here on everything but no one does. We do have more in common than not, and that's more than I can say about people I know from college or high school.

Posts: 4714 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I hope they reverse Wickard v Filburn next.

Every matter returned from the federal government back to the people or to the states is preferable to fed gov usurping the Constitution and creating such powers from thin air.

Think of it this way: even majority opinion holders in RvW KNEW it had a high probability of being overturned someday.

The Democrats and others interested in such matters knew this and had NEARLY FIFTY YEARS to codify this into law or to amend the Constitution to include such rights.

Edited to add: feel free to hang around, even if you disagree on this one particular matter.

-------------
$

Posts: 7655 | Location: Mid-Michigan, USA | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Adios, amigo.

Anyone who is so upset that fewer babies will be murdered probably needs an old priest and a young priest. The SCOTUS ruling has nothing to do with Republicans or religion. It's a 10th Amendment/states' rights issue. If you can't understand that, you may not be of much help to your cause.

Personally, I'm outraged that you're outraged over states having more say in preventing the slaughter of innocent life. Governments that share your viewpoint and devalue human life succeeded in killing over 100 million innocent people last century. Abortions have gone from the first trimester to now pulling the kids out at birth and hacking them to pieces on gurneys and selling their parts like scrap metal. Where does this depravity stop? You don't think that the same people (like you) who advocate shedding innocent blood won't be screaming for yours when you're old, senile, and in a nursing home?

You know who else murdered babies? The loyal followers of Darwin's and Sanger's cult of racism: Mengele. Hitler. Stalin. Himmler.
Pol Pot. Castro. Imperial Japan. Communist China.

Do you really want to be associated with these savages?

If so, I'm glad that you're gone. The difference is, you have a choice whether or not to come back. 55 million dead babies do not.

Posts: 1092 | Location: Arkansas | Registered: September 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 462 | Location: Illinois | Registered: June 13, 2020Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by the_sandman_454:
I hope they reverse Wickard v Filburn next.

Every matter returned from the federal government back to the people or to the states is preferable to fed gov usurping the Constitution and creating such powers from thin air.

Think of it this way: even majority opinion holders in RvW KNEW it had a high probability of being overturned someday.

The Democrats and others interested in such matters knew this and had NEARLY FIFTY YEARS to codify this into law or to amend the Constitution to include such rights.

Edited to add: feel free to hang around, even if you disagree on this one particular matter.

Got to thank Sandman for pointing out this one.
Not being a legal scholar, I'd heard vague versions of this type of legal ruling, but it really is one that need to be looked at again.
I think the average person, like me really hasn't heard much about this but it really demonstrated overreach by the government that needs to be addressed.

Posts: 9510 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:...

LOL The 46and2 step.

(Where's them HEE HAW dancin' pigs?)

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My hypocrisy goes only so far
Picture of GrumpyBiker
posted Hide Post

U.S.M.C.
VFW-8054
III%

"Never let a Wishbone grow where a Backbone should be "

Posts: 6932 | Location: Central,Ohio | Registered: December 28, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:...

LOL The 46and2 step.

(Where's them HEE HAW dancin' pigs?)

Holy shit Casey! Never have heard that before. Cross Canadian Ragweed? LoL Gotta say it's spot on. hahahahahahahahahahaha

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16214 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 911Boss:
Hmmm, the Dobbs case from Mississippi was about a ban after 15 weeks.

France bans abortion after 14 weeks so he is actually saying he wants greater restrictions?

Logic and reason? “That boy’s more mixed up than a feather in a whirlwind.” Foghorn Leghorn

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Unknown
Stuntman
Picture of bionic218
posted Hide Post
I must have missed the ad in the classifieds where you're selling all your guns?

Posts: 10751 | Location: missouri | Registered: October 18, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Hold Fast
Picture of Butch 2340
posted Hide Post
So let me get this right, he has been voting Republican since 1988 and just now realized they are pro life?

I can't believe that.

Never shoot a large caliber man with a small caliber bullet . . .

Posts: 7632 | Location: Georgia  | Registered: May 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post