SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
Gloom, despair and
agony on me.
Picture of drabfour
posted Hide Post

Posts: 4988 | Location: Texas | Registered: July 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schmelby:
13 pages. Why is everyone giving this guy the attention he is seeking?

When one seeks attention, they get attention.
They don't get to dictate the TYPE of attention they get.

I think he wanted a whole mess of "Ohh, no, please don't go!" "What are you talking about!" And "you're an integral part of the Sig Forum, this can't go on without you!"
Hell, I don't know, maybe even a little tea party, some sort of banner, a flag at half staff...
You know, "positive attention" type shit.

In reality, as most dumbasses find out, they get (thus far) 15 pages of "see ya, fuck-o".
Now, I whole heartedly agree with your point; he gets ZERO.
Nuked, erased... Less than insignificant- Becomes a nothing.
But that train left the station with the first post. And after that, it just snowballs.

Here's what I'm afraid of-
And I've seen this shit play out before, and it ain't pretty!

Para, and the rest of the "Board" has a "sit down", probably in a Trailer, it's hot and muggy as hell outside. Probably a meal of prawns on the table. There's a vote.
Para, if you haven't guessed, looks much like a G.D. Spradlin,
LDD a young Harrison Ford.
Mr Orndoff is wearing a button down shirt, with an untied tie around his neck, he doesn't say much.

This is where shit gets tough-
One of us on this Forum is going to be called in, but after forced to take a cold shower in a shitty hotel.

See, 42 knows too much. He went rogue. He went against the Establishment. He could have went all the way, instead, he went for himself.
Airborne school at that age? Hell, it nearly busted my ass, and I was a kid when I went through.
One of us is going 75 Klicks above the DoLung bridge.

Never get out of the goddamn boat!
...WITH EXTREME PREJUDICE.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8362 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
^ actually it’s the lead into Apocalypse Now, where they tell Capt Willard to go assinate Col Kurtz

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11302 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wow I can't image someone so deceived they can't understand the simple concept that every child conceived has a right to life. At 3 weeks a babies nervous system is developing and at 5 weeks a heartbeat can be detected and to stop that heartbeat is murder plain and simple. A woman has a right to exercise common sense and utilize contraception to avoid unwanted pregnancy but we live in a society that would rather kill babies than require two adults to be held accountable for their actions. There are to many effective and affordable methods of contraception readily available today that it really is inexcusable for any woman to get pregnant. Good luck voting democrat I hope you enjoy being a slave to the state and having all of your rights stripped away from you. By the way for uninformed minds the ruling doesn't ban abortion anywhere it just gives each state the right to decide whether to allow, restrict or ban abortions. For those that want to murder their babies there will always be states were abortion is permitted.

Posts: 1627 | Location: USA | Registered: December 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
It’s kind of like how all those printed signs and commercials were prepared to be delivered into the hands of the people prior to the ruling even coming out.

They had their hopes pinned on this since February!

Wonder if that little tirade was just sitting on his hard drive waiting to be delivered… lol Razz

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Maybe he is happier with the party of $5 gas (and $7 diesel)?

Posts: 9168 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by .38supersig:
Maybe he is happier with the party of $5 gas (and $7 diesel)?

Prolly be ridin’ a coal fired electric hooptie … wearing a hydrocarbon pullover … lololol

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well I’ve read their posts for years. Bit crazy on certain topics. In this thread I’ve seen the OP referred to as a man and a woman. I’m not a biologist but do we know? I’m just curious. If he’s male abortion seemed like a sorta odd hill to die on. Female, I’ve seen a lot of close friends and family lose their shit a bit.

Doesn’t make a difference I’m just curious.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:
Originally posted by MikeinNC:
^ actually it’s the lead into Apocalypse Now, where they tell Capt Willard to go assinate Col Kurtz

Oh heck yes ... ! I have seen this movie numerous times, just did not put two and two together.

Thanks !

Here ya go:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uxCPFar4_h4

Like I said, Mr Orndoff don't say too much. Wink

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8362 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
13 pages. Why is everyone giving this guy the attention he is seeking?
Attention, yes, but costly.

The OP's post is being given the treatment it deserves. The post is not being treated seriously because it's outrageously silly. It's not possible to take seriously stuff like "I must leave you all now to go fight against injustice." GMAFB

This is a face-saving maneuver, and an unnecessary one at that. 46and2 is announcing in melodramatic fashion that he's leaving because after all the trash talk before the big game, his team lost and there's no denying it. And because he thinks that the very first thing we thought of after hearing the SCOTUS decision, was him, well, he just has to do something about that, and here we are. So, he's self-conscious.

The only real power a member has in a forum such as this is whether to stay or to go. 46and2 tried to launch his thermonuclear stuff and succeeded only in dropping a Number 2 in his own thread.

By the way- of all the things to take a stand about- the ability to facilitate the murder of children- how grotesque. It's difficult to imagine the kind of world these people want to live in.

46and2 retains his posting rights, but in this thread, we've had our very last passion play from him; there have been others, and they are always grandiose and puzzling. In this thread, someone said that 46and2's post makes him sound nuts. This had not occurred to me but I'll say that it would explain a whole lot.

I think it would have hurt his feelings even more if he did not get even one reply. Has he logged on to view the posts?
And yes, I think abortion as a means of birth control is barbaric.

Posts: 966 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I think members have responded honestly, with some of them basically telling the guy to go fuck himself- perfectly understandable in my opinion.

I think the members have enjoyed this thread and had fun with it. It's just not possible to take this too seriously.

And yes, of course he's reading this thread.

Posts: 107711 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Doing what I want,
When I want,
If I want!
Picture of beltfed21
posted Hide Post
The over reaction to this is astounding to me. They only took the question of abortion out of the feds hands and put it back on the states where it should have always been. I’m also amazed by the number of folks who think it’s a constitutional right.

I sure wish we could get more people to read and understand the constitution!

"On the other side of fear you will always find freedom"

Posts: 2672 | Registered: January 08, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep. Don't want/can't support a baby, don't start one. There are myriad ways to prevent one from being conceived. The most basic is simple abstinence (but that also eliminates the "fun" part, I guess, and we can't have that).

God made the act of coition pleasurable to insure that the species would reproduce, but maybe He made it too pleasurable.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Every time I open this thread now, the song from The Sound of Music pops into my head.

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, good night
I hate to go and leave this pretty sight

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, adieu
Adieu, adieu, to you and you and you

So long, farewell, au revoir, auf wiedersehen
I'd like to stay and taste my first champagne

So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
I leave and heave a sigh and say "Goodbye", goodbye

I'm glad to go, I cannot tell a lie
I flit, I float, I fleetly flee, I fly

The sun has gone to bed and so must I
So long, farewell, auf wiedersehen, goodbye
Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
Goodbye"

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16533 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:
They only took the question of abortion out of the feds hands and put it back on the states where it should have always been.

They now have to fight abortion laws in all 50 states and lobby for a federal law allowing it. It's made their job that much harder. But certainly ensures their revenue stream for a long, long time.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6852 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of policetruck
posted Hide Post
I don't have a lot of time to read the forum like I used to, but skimming over this thread just reminds me why I love SigForum.

Thank you.

www.landwarfare.net
Veteran owned 07 FFL/ 02 SOT
LandWarfareNow@gmail.com
Instagram @land.warfare

Posts: 1202 | Location: Va | Registered: July 18, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by policetruck:
I don't have a lot of time to read the forum like I used to, but skimming over this thread just reminds me why I love SigForum.

Thank you.

We certainly are good at this kind of shit. We might even be the kings of the interwebz at it.

Posts: 7471 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by beltfed21:
The over reaction to this is astounding to me. They only took the question of abortion out of the feds hands and put it back on the states where it should have always been. I’m also amazed by the number of folks who think it’s a constitutional right.

Yes, if these fuckers want to make abortion a "constitutional right", get 2/3 of Congress to propose an amendment and have 3/4 of states ratify it. Roll Eyes But they can't, and they know it. I'll bet many numbskulls are yelling for Biden to sign a pen and make abortion a right.

quote:

Especially how today, abortion is almost a badge of honor, leftist women calling it "empowering" as if it is like a tattoo. Absolutely sickening.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20838 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

And yes, of course he's reading this thread.

What a Putz. Man up and respond.

Posts: 966 | Location: Mason, Ohio | Registered: September 16, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post