SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 2 3 4 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted
I have overwhelmingly enjoyed my time here, and this place will always be a series of fond memories to me despite the occasional disagreement on a topic or three.

Parabellum is a near perfect forum owner and moderator, with loads of patience, and the membership here is full of generally lovely people with whom I have no problem on a personal level, and no problem with politically on most of the issues we share.

However... yesterday's Supreme Court decision has put me firmly in opposition to the Republican Party and the religious factions therein, to a degree that is not only irreconcilable, but has managed to motivate me to come out of a comfortable near retirement in order to go fight against such things as a primary focus in my life.

Heretofore I have voted Republican in every single election since 1988, but never again... I have lost all faith in the Party and the Court as it stands. The point of no return, politically, for me personally, has been reached and vastly exceeded by overturning Roe and the other downstream implications of the court's decision.

Further, and most importantly in this context, I've taken a job for the opposition, and will henceforth literally be working against the Republican Party and the religious factions on these sorts of issues, on a daily basis, as my job/career.

I don't expect a warm reception to this message, and that's fine.

We all have our limits, politically and otherwise, and mine were surpassed by a lot.

I'm fine, you understand. Calm, cool, collected. No meltdown, no irratic behavior, nothing of the sort. This is a significant decision I have not taken lightly, and up until this point I have held my nose regarding the religious Right, but no more. From my perspective the Republican Party and the Supreme Court have been compromised and overtaken by a vocal minority with whom I vehemently disagree on various issues, and rather than bicker with you all about it, I'm switching careers over it instead.

So like I said, thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave here.

Assuming Parabellum even lets this message be posted and stay, I will update my profile later to include an email address for those who wish to stay in touch, and following that I'm just going to leave you all to it here in these forums which are overwhelmingly made up of Republicans as well as many socially conservative folks.

I'm off to fight against this court decision, against Q sorts, against Proud Boy sorts, and especially against the religious sorts who wish to rule other folks lives in ways that are unforgivable, and overturning Roe is one such thing: unforgivable.

Best of luck to you all in a broad life sense, but it's time to say goodbye. Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
So let it be written,
so let it be done...
Picture of Dzozer
posted Hide Post
Ok, bye and take care... You probably don't have to leave the forum but that's up to you.

You understand that the overturning of Roe v Wade did not eliminate abortions to those who really want to get one? That its about the Constitution and States Rights, not religion?

'Live long and prosper'

Posts: 3923 | Location: The Prairie | Registered: April 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Just a question, you don't think the democrats are trying to control people's lives at all?
They're crossing over to full-blown facism these days.

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16514 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Well, bye.

Anyone who supports policies of Margaret Sanger can go hang.

I’m so pleased and happy that originalism is brought back into its proper place and standing when evaluating stupidity bad laws which are fundamentally against the constitution.

You can keep your 65 million dead babies. Go lobby for the murder of more… Have at it and good luck. You’ll just be eliminating more Democrats.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Why not just stop visiting the forum?

"You can take your pistol and stick it so far up your ass, the muzzle of it is visible when you cough."

Posts: 1248 | Registered: February 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Sigforall:
Why not just stop visiting the forum?

Pride.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
Well adios then. I’m at a point in my retired life that I am no longer going to self-censor to avoid folks getting upset.

Lord knows the progressive liberals have NO concern about demonizing anyone with a different opinion let alone upsetting or offending them all while demanding their skewed beliefs be not only accepted but embraced.

I think the growing number of single-issue voters are a big reason for the historic divide in this country. All energy is spent arguing over a few things folks will never agree on and a small fraction of effort is put towards the large list of things that could be agreed and compromised on.

That “religious right” you are so against is the folks who founded this country with the ideals of life, liberty, and freedom. While you may be atheist, agnostic, or “other” fact is the majority of this country, as well as the world believe in God or some such higher power.

Religion instructs a certain moral code (not saying atheists are necessarily immoral) and that forms peoples opinions.

Funny how left, for all of their wailing and gnashing of teeth for “DEMOCRACY” are so unwilling to accept any democratic, majority held belief that runs counter to their ideals.

“Freedom OF religion”, not “Freedom FROM religion”.

You are certainly free to not believe, but that freedom doesn’t mean you can force others to accept opinions and change their moral code simply because it is rooted in the ideals that formed this country.

News flash, there are even atheists who acknowledge that a fetus is a human life and abortion is murder.

Some folks just want the fight and don’t give a soft shit about actually solving problems.

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dzozer:
The overturning of Roe v Wade did not eliminate abortions to those who really want to get one? That its about the Constitution and States Rights, not religion?

That's what I don't understand about people not understanding but then again, one side is based on emotion rather than logic. I mean, don't let reason and logic get in the way. Roll Eyes

Posts: 13110 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
BBBye then.
Kind if amazing that the will to kill babies is so strong.
At least let them live long enough until they do something worthy of extinction. Eek

Posts: 22906 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
This is the “evil” that turns your coat and be accepting of all the other atrocities these tyrants and traitors make? Your decision. Perhaps there is other history here. But I truly don’t understand. They are the true fascists. They are the people who will use gas chambers. They rule by fist and whim. I can’t believe perceptions that they are the larger good.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12719 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
enjoy the kool-aid!!

Posts: 2213 | Registered: October 17, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
Picture of Skins2881
posted Hide Post
Well I'm disappointed on two fronts. First that you're leaving over a court case, second that you aren't going to blow up as usual.

Have fun fighting Q, and whatever windmills you're off to fight. I can't believe you'd trade a single issue for joining up with all the rest that comes with the democratic party.

There's always the option to stay. You could always ignore the political discussions.

Jesse

Sic Semper Tyrannis

Posts: 20821 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: December 27, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ah yes, lets complain about the small minority hijacking the Republican party yet you're ok with a small minority wanting to put our boys on puberty blockers, teaching that whites need to disappear, confiscating weapons and allowing abortion after birth. Sorry, but if you're ok with this then you were never a Republican to begin with. Oh, and the Supreme Court did not outlaw abortion. Just like health care and gay marriage, this is a political matter.

Posts: 124 | Location: Oro Valley, Arizona | Registered: January 19, 2022Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
There is no need to start a new thread. Really.
https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...770037194#7770037194

Q

Posts: 26381 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post

~Robert A. Heinlein

Picture of 2BobTanner
posted Hide Post
Secession, the political version of divorce, and the workable alternative to living with someone who hates you.

---------------------
LGBFJB

"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." — Mark Twain

“Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard.” — H. L. Mencken

Posts: 2699 | Location: Falls of the Ohio River, Kain-tuk-e | Registered: January 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
What does religion and Republicans have to do with a correct, constitutional decision by the SCOTUS??

Irrational much?

Posts: 5319 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Told cops where to go for over 29 years…
Picture of 911Boss
posted Hide Post
You owe me a new keyboard Kevin!

You want me to swing by and pick it up or do you want to drop it off?

What part of "...Shall not be infringed" don't you understand???

Posts: 10938 | Location: Western WA state for just a few more years... | Registered: February 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
"Working for the opposition". So... tell us, what does the opposition stand for and what are their goals for our country? Who are these folks who you now embrace?

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16088 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
Hard to take any of your comments seriously. How can the abortion issue really be that important to the left? What exactly are the serious down range implications of this decision? This with the Second Amendment decision as a backdrop. It is beyond the pale that you can look at these court decisions and think that the left offers better solutions to anything or that the court is just representative of the religious right.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1494 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post