SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave.
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 21
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Thank you all for everything, but it's time for me to leave. Login/Join 
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
Gee, that went well, didn't it OP?

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Live long
and prosper
Picture of 0-0
posted Hide Post
This is kind of interesting.

You have spent 18 years here. Things have changed a lot in this time. Evolution not always being welcomed or approved.

There’s a whole world out there that might or might not agree with you on small or big issues still you better get along with it.

From a generic military point of view and also an educated perspective, it is always interesting and positive to keep in touch with different perspectives and points of view. See what you can’t see from your POV.

Hope you find a conciliatory way to stay with us and keep enjoying it.

Your departure is everybody’s loss

0-0

"OP is a troll" - Flashlightboy, 12/18/20

Posts: 12137 | Location: BsAs, Argentina | Registered: February 14, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PHPaul:
Gee, that went well, didn't it OP?
He was expecting everyone to tell him what a brave warrior he is and kudo's for standing up for what you believe , blah , blah . And then he shot himself in the foot ...

Posts: 4068 | Location: Down in Louisiana . | Registered: February 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Happily Retired
Picture of Bassamatic
posted Hide Post
I never have been able to grasp why people find it necessary to announce their departure. Good grief man, jump on your horse and ride off into the sunset ...quietly.

By the way, I could not find one single thing in your dissertation that was even close to being accurate.

.....never marry a woman who is mean to your waitress.

Posts: 5048 | Location: Lake of the Ozarks, MO. | Registered: September 05, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Three Generations
of Service
Picture of PHPaul
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bassamatic:
I never have been able to grasp why people find it necessary to announce their departure. Good grief man, jump on your horse and ride off into the sunset ...quietly.

By the way, I could not find one single thing in your dissertation that was even close to being accurate.

It's no fun to take your bat and ball and stomp off the field if no one notices.

I won't say I've never thought about it, but the one or two adult brain cells wake up and I just take a break if I'm that upset by something.

Be careful when following the masses. Sometimes the M is silent.

Posts: 15267 | Location: Downeast Maine | Registered: March 10, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by selogic:
He was expecting everyone to tell him what a brave warrior he is and kudo's for standing up for what you believe ...

I'm quite certain he was not expecting anything of the sort.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Well, when you’re the smartest man in the room, you gotta change rooms!

LMAO

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
As stated, this did not ban abortion and threw it back to the states or the legislature. This is an issue so far down the list of issues that influence my voting. I guess the most interesting part of this thread is that the original poster was already on my ignore list, which means his opinions had already been proven to be less than worthless. I guess for me you left sometime ago. Have a great life!

Posts: 2968 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Age Quod Agis
Picture of ArtieS
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
46&2 I’ve always enjoyed your posts. If you leave the forum I can understand you have your reason but I suppose I’ll be one of the few who will not take any pleasure in you deciding to ban yourself. As you said this is one of the best moderated forums on the interwebs. I’d be sad to see you go.

We all have our differences of opinion and political issues we hold above all else. To me it’s the right to keep and bear arms. Everything else takes a back seat to the second amendment.

This really expresses where I am. I disagree with any number of members over any number of things but I don't worry too much about it. After all, this is a firearms forum on the internet, and no one is ever wrong on the internet...

I'm happy Roe is gone. It was a poorly decided case, and introduced extreme and unnecessary distortions into our politics and our courts. I say this, being modestly pro-choice as a matter of policy, and being grateful that neither I, nor my adult daughters, have ever had to face this issue.

I will miss your perspective, but if you think this is a religious decision by the court, rather than a simple application of proper constitutional principals, then there isn't much to discuss. Furthermore, supporting a party that has, as a core of its meaning, restriction on all forms of liberty, seems counterproductive at best, and foolish at worst.

"I vowed to myself to fight against evil more completely and more wholeheartedly than I ever did before. . . . That’s the only way to pay back part of that vast debt, to live up to and try to fulfill that tremendous obligation."

Alfred Hornik, Sunday, December 2, 1945 to his family, on his continuing duty to others for surviving WW II.

Posts: 12797 | Location: Central Florida | Registered: November 02, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
Don't let the door hit you on the ass on the way out. Oh, and God bless.

Posts: 6631 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Napolean had his Waterloo...

And you have your, whatever the fuck it is.

Posts: 4727 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Our country has been torn apart for 50 years due to the Judicial malfeasance of the Justices who ruled on Roe.

As someone in the other thread said, the reason why this issue is so much less controversial in other countries, particularly in Europe like France who has much more restrictive abortion laws than the US, is because their abortion laws were decided legislatively rather than judicially. All the Supreme Court did yesterday was correct that wrong.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30423 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Hey Para...the Queen Bohemian Rhapsody was perfecto ! I love it.

Posts: 935 | Location: Central Ohio | Registered: January 05, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I have already adjusted to your being gone.

Posts: 1352 | Location: WI | Registered: July 07, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Void Where Prohibited
Picture of WaterburyBob
posted Hide Post
Where's that meme from Indiana Jones ...
OP, "You have chosen poorly"

"If Gun Control worked, Chicago would look like Mayberry, not Thunderdome" - Cam Edwards

Posts: 16533 | Location: Under the Boot of Tyranny in Connectistan | Registered: February 02, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
PopeDaddy
Picture of x0225095
posted Hide Post
Ok. Goodbye.

On another note, our federally sponsored silent holocaust is finally over so there’s that.

0:01

Posts: 4215 | Location: ALABAMA | Registered: January 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
"Here's the wind up, the pitch, swing and a miss!"
Bob Uecker

Other than that,

and we'll still

for you.

Posts: 11003 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Hey OP, remember this quote?

If any of you think I'm on their side you're out of your fucking mind. Keep it together.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16724 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Quirky Lurker
posted Hide Post
Maybe he likes blue hair trim?

Seriously, what a self-absorbed post. In this messed up world that is going down the toilet, largely because of his so-called opposition and its sycophants, this decision sends him over the edge to make it his new life mission? Fuck him and the horse he rode in on. If that is his world view then he was never a Republican, does not understand the reason this country was founded, and certainly doesn’t understand the Constitution or how it works.

Anyone who has an iota of intellectual honesty and critical analysis, regardless of whether legally trained or not, would recognize Roe’s “right” was a political justification of the desired outcome, to hell with the language of the constitution. The Supreme Court has reversed itself before, this is not the first, nor will it be the last. Pro choice or pro life, doesn’t really matter when conducting the constitutional analysis. This issue was returned to the people where it belonged in the first place.

Posts: 870 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't always agree with what people here say. I almost always respect the thought process that resulted in the statement.

This time, I disagree with the OP and I don't understand the logic.

Abortion has been talked about on this board about once every other leap year. I don't remember the last thread about it; I either missed it entirely or it left no lasting impression on me. Nobody really gets bent out of shape about it one direction or another. I can't see it being the reason to leave such an enjoyable place. I can't understand why anyone reading the forum would think we all think the same way about it, or any other topic.

Going forward, I expect to see some interesting threads about states waking up and having to change their laws. Wisconsin's abortion law, for example, bans abortion in almost every case - including rape and incest - and dates from 1849. We might want to tweak that a bit. I'd hate to miss those discussions because I'd already left the forum.

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2072 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post