SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Focus fellas…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
First thing I would be doing is a complete sweep of the house for bugs, hidden cameras, and poison food.

You know when they all say that 95% of he FBI are hard working good agents looking after our safety. I say total BS. If there are so many good hard working agents why are they not coming forward and do the right thing and whistle blow the bad agents out of service. Why? No not one of them have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and do the right thing.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4889 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Wouldn’t it be fun to see a nice, raucous protest in front of the home of the federal magistrate that granted the warrant to search? Peaceful, of course, because we know how the Bidet administration loves and encourages peaceful protests in front of federal judges’ homes.

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ozarkwoods:
First thing I would be doing is a complete sweep of the house for bugs, hidden cameras, and poison food.

You know when they all say that 95% of he FBI are hard working good agents looking after our safety. I say total BS. If there are so many good hard working agents why are they not coming forward and do the right thing and whistle blow the bad agents out of service. Why? No not one of them have the intestinal fortitude to stand up and do the right thing.

Judas got 30 pieces of silver. Dirty bustards.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Poison food? Maybe Novichuk Biden got from Putin? Lets stay on topic and not resort to conspiracy and speculation.

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
The Gateway Pundit has been shown time and again to be about as reliable as the fella down on the corner talking to his imaginary friend about the world coming to an end tomorrow.

Take what you see on that site with a YUGE grain of salt. Conspiracy theories are their forte.

Posts: 20569 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:
the Feebs screwed up having a safecracker open Trump's office safe. There are specific procedures mandated before a safe can be opened and they failed to observe them

The FBI has some in house guys with the proper tools and skill set. An inexpensive hotel type of safe may have simply been pried open by those on site.

Sometimes people in my line of work are brought in to do these types of things, and that discussion is ongoing in one of the security forums I participate in. I can assure you based on those discussions, if somebody in these circles participated in this, they'll be blacklisted by the majority of our industry.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15851 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

At least in this case it sounds like Trump had surveillance cameras, hopefully inside, and they refused to turn them off. I sure hope one day we get to see the probable cause listed in the search warrant.

I thought the Jackboots requested the staff to kill the cameras and when they refused, the Feebs moved to kill the systems themselves. Meaning there is no video of what they did during those 9 hours.

If this article is true I previously heard wrong.
UPDATE: Eric Trump Says Mar-a-Lago Security Cameras Captured FBI Agents Behaving Improperly
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...behaving-improperly/

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16523 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Jesse Waters gives a good rundown on the FBI raid of Mar-A-Lago.
He like I, think Trumps bedroom needs to be swept for bugs.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When this first went down, I was so angry, ready to fly the blue Trump flag, for the reasons so many here have articulated.

I appreciate Para’s consistent encouragement to settle and watch.

As I have settled and watched though, a few thoughts, the most distressing of which might be the last. PARDON THE LENGTH.

1) Unless they find [credible] written battle plans to attack the South Lawn with tanks and M4’s from the east and west, and thereby are able to just kill Trump off, this is really bad. You don’t need to do this to a former president, and you don’t need to up the drama factors with all the flashing red lights and M4’s. Unless you are trying to raise the temperature.

2) LEO’s here know more than I, but when you are dealing with nonviolent subjects of a search who are not interfering, are you not obligated to allow lawyers to observe? Wouldn’t “evidence” found while preventing attorneys to be present be likely inadmissible, and without observation the belief that things were planted will never go away.

3) Either way, this is SO divisive to the country. SO polarizing. (But the Dems don’t seem to mind turning the country against itself, fostering division, and harming citizens, especially children and the marginally mentally ill, in the name of a brilliant strategy to win an election, which was unwinnable without pumped Covid hysteria and fear. [Don’t scoff — it worked.]) This is so polarizing, intentionally. Just what we don’t need more of. This pushes Trump to run, and makes the party rally around him, even if DeSantis or others might be the “better” candidate. As if the Dems want a revolution or disintegration.

4) The timing, manner, and goal of the raid, are all so stupid. How could they be so stupid? Can’t they see this will rally the Trump base, unite the Republicans? Could anyone have dreamed of such a stupid move now?

5) BUT THAT RAISES THE LARGER CONCERN, WHICH I HOPE IS NOT TRUE. Was it so stupid, or did it have a purpose? Republican friends today were joking about the chance Dems were taking in funding far right wing republicans for house, senate, and gubernatorial races, thinking thos far right folks would be easier to knock off. What if they are doing the same for the presidential nomination — supporting the crazy guy they think is less likely to win than a DeSantis, or Pence, or Abbott, or others. It is in keeping with their play book — the country’s performance was so obviously incredibly good, they made 2020 not about issues (except that Orange Man was uncaring and killing people with Covid), they made it about Trump. And now that things are so obviously bad, they can make it again Trump. Anyone but Trump.
That sounds very Machiavellian, but I think the person running the Dems is very brilliant

So I remain enraged. Yesterday I was ready to run up the blue Trump flag. But like others have said, I want to see how this plays out. I don’t much mind if I am being played — Machiavelli is very smart — I just want a Republican president (which may be Trump) and a couple more Republican Senate seats. Keep the faith.

If you somehow made it through, thanks for reading.

Posts: 833 | Location: Baltimore, MD | Registered: March 29, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Trump got grand jury subpoena in spring, voluntarily cooperated before home was raided

https://justthenews.com/politi..._campaign=newsletter

Two months before his Florida home was raided by the FBI, President Donald Trump secretly received a grand jury subpoena for classified documents belonging to the National Archives, and voluntarily cooperated by turning over responsive evidence, surrendering security surveillance footage and allowing federal agents and a senior Justice Department lawyer to tour his private storage locker, according to a half dozen people familiar with the incident.

While the cooperation was mostly arranged by his lawyers, Trump personally surprised the DOJ national security division prosecutor and three FBI agents who came to his Mar O Lago compound on June 3, greeting them as they came to pick up a small number of documents compliant with the subpoena, the sources told Just the News, speaking only on condition of anonymity because the visit was covered by grand jury secrecy.

The subpoena requested any remaining documents Trump possessed with any classification markings, even if they involved photos of foreign leaders, correspondence or momentos from his presidency.

Secret Service agents were also present and facilitated the visit, officials said.

Trump signaled his full cooperation, telling the agents and prosecutor "look, whatever you need let us know," according to two eyewitnesses. The federal team was surprised by the president's invitation and asked for an immediate favor: to see the 6-foot-by-10-foot storage locker where his clothes, shoes, documents and momentos from his presidency were stored at the compound.

Given Trump's instruction, the president's lawyers complied and allowed the search by the FBI before the entourage left cordially. Five days later, DOJ officials sent a letter to Trump's lawyers asking them to secure the storage locker with more than the lock they had seen. The Secret Service installed a more robust security lock to comply.

Around the same time, the Trump Organization that owns Mar o Lago received a request for surveillance video footage covering the locker and volunteered the footage to federal authorities.

The flurry of cooperation came months after Trump already returned about 15 boxes of documents, many of them classified, at the request of the National Archives. Government officials have said the documents were mistakenly boxed up by the Government Services Administration along with Trump's personal possessions from the White House and shipped to Mar a Lago.

After the subpoena was delivered in later May, federal authorities said they suspected there were more classified materials still left at Mar o Lago, and arranged the June 3 visit.

After mid-June, the government had no other officials contacts with the president's lawyers until they showed up unannounced on Monday and executed the search warrant, ousting the president's lawyers and staff and spending nine hours collecting evidence. Sources told Just the News the raised collected about 12 boxes of evidence.

U.S. officials who confirmed the June 3 voluntary visit and subpoena compliance, refused to say whether U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart was apprised of the full nature of Trump's compliance when he was asked to sign the unprecedented search warrant last Friday.

The FBI then waited three days after getting the judge's approval to execute the warrant, one of many oddities in the timetable.

Some officials said the extra time was used to assemble a team to raid Mar A Lago in the most incognito manner so the public wouldn't be alerted and while the former president was out of town.

The officials told Just the News the search warrant was sought after the FBI obtained some witness information and other evidence suggesting some classified documents may have still remained on the property after June, such as in a private safe Trump had in his residence, and that some of the storage locations may have been accessed in 2022.

The new revelations came the same day that new questions arose about Reinhart, the judge in the case.

Just the News obtained a court document showing that Reinhart -- just six weeks before signing the warrant -- recused himself from Trump's lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and other Democrats in the Russia collusion scandal, citing concerns he couldn't be impartial.

Reinhart, appointed in 2018 as a federal magistrate in West Palm Beach, Fla., filed the recusal document on June 22, a few weeks after presiding over the start of the civil litigation.

"The undersigned Magistrate Judge, to whom the above-styled cause has been assigned, hereby recuses himself and refers the case to the Clerk of Court for reassignment pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 455," Reinhart wrote in his order of recusal in the Trump v. Clinton case.

You can read the document here:

File
show_temp (7).pdf
The statute that the magistrate cited for his recusal states in part that a judge "shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned" and then describes the various circumstances that could trigger such concerns.

They include "a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts" or prior work as a lawyer for a party involved in the case.

Reinhart's order did not specify the conflict or source of his concern for recusal.

Trump's lawsuit accuses Clinton, Democrat allies and current and former government officials of engaging in a racketeering conspiracy to falsely portray Trump as colluding with Russia during the 2016 election. The sweeping nature of the suit involves numerous parties and public figures.

The recusal filing emerges as numerous media reports have surfaced about the magistrate's prior work, including donations before he was judge to President Barack Obama and Jeb Bush and work for figures associated with the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The Daily Wire also raised questions about Reinhart's impartiality toward Trump, reporting that in a 2017 Facebook social post — a year before he was named a magistrate — he challenged the 45th president's moral character after Trump attacked the late Rep. John Lewis, a civil rights icon.

"I generally ignore the President-elect's tweets, but not this one," Reinhart posted, according to the Daily Wire. "John Lewis arguably has done more to 'make America great' than any living citizen. Last August, I took my son to the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma so he could understand the kind of courage and sacrifice required to live in a democratic society. John Lewis embodies that spirit. Although I've never met him, he is one of my heroes.

"Thank you, Robert Reich, for saying what many of us feel, 'John Lewis is the conscience of America. Donald Trump doesn't have the moral stature to kiss John Lewis's feet.'

"Or, as Joseph Welch said to Joseph McCarthy, 'At long last, have you left no sense of decency?'"

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
And I thought F Troop was a ‘comedy of errors’. Did these criminals do anything right?

Reminds me of an old Waylon title /song.

[FLASH_VIDEO] [/FLASH_VIDEO]

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
I plead the fifth…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
“Unprecedented” would be a better word than “unannounced.”

Posts: 13567 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
I plead the fifth…

Trump today:

Posts: 34546 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of doublecorona
posted Hide Post
My sources told me that the FBI was looking for the missing red Swingline stapler.

Deplorable NRA Life Member

Posts: 1058 | Location: Where my mind is not | Registered: February 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
And...Don't even think of bothering Joe with this crap. He;'s going on vacation. I wonder where Garland is. I bet he disappears until this cools down a bit, too.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

The flurry of cooperation came months after Trump already returned about 15 boxes of documents, many of them classified, at the request of the National Archives. Government officials have said the documents were mistakenly boxed up by the Government Services Administration along with Trump's personal possessions from the White House and shipped to Mar a Lago.

I'm curious how in the hell the National Archives would even know if there were classified documents put in boxes and taken out of the White House to begin with.

Posts: 20569 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
And...Don't even think of bothering Joe with this crap. He;'s going on vacation. I wonder where Garland is. I bet he disappears until this cools down a bit, too.

And FBI director Wray took off for the Adirondacks, just before the Mar-a-Lago raid. Coincidence?

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9440 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

I'm curious how in the hell the National Archives would even know if there were classified documents put in boxes and taken out of the White House to begin with.

The fact that the GSA packed everything up should be enough to absolve Trump of any liability, especially if said material was essentially untouched since being driven out of office. I would not be the least bit shocked if the criminal FBI didn’t insert doctored information into the boxes to falsely incriminate Trump. The FBI’s credibility is completely shot at this point as far as I’m concerned.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post