SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
How many times do they have to tell you they’re unaccountable until you believe it?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Alienator
Picture of SIG4EVA
posted Hide Post
"Evenhanded application of the law" my ass. If that was the case, Hillary, Hunter, and Joe, and the lot would be rotting in prison.

SIG556 Classic
P220 Carry SAS Gen 2 SAO
SP2022 9mm German Triple Serial
P938 SAS
P365 FDE

Psalm 118:24 "This is the day which the Lord hath made; we will rejoice and be glad in it"

Posts: 7071 | Location: NC | Registered: March 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I want to see the affidavit in its entirety, not just the warrant itself. I'd like to see the near-facts they used as probable cause for the Warrant. Otherwise, we have the bread of that sandwich without the ham.

Note to self: Not going to happen.

Posts: 1451 | Location: Western WA | Registered: September 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Made from a
different mold
Picture of mutedblade
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:
I want to see the affidavit in its entirety, not just the warrant itself. I'd like to see the near-facts they used as probable cause for the Warrant. Otherwise, we have the bread of that sandwich without the ham.

I'll take "Things that'll never happen", for $1000 please Alex.

Posts: 2832 | Location: Lake Anna, VA | Registered: May 07, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mutedblade:
quote:
Originally posted by 2PAK:

I'll take "Things that'll never happen", for $1000 please Alex.

Alex Trebek: And it’s the daily double!

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
34" Scale 5-String
Picture of bronicabill
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
<<snip>>
I presume you did not copy and past because that website is full of nothing but click bait and annoying pictures and crap advertisements. And it would take you 3 and a half days to copy and paste the actual article.

I am not sure I have ever been able to read more than one paragraph from the pundit because of their layout.

I have Ad Blocker installed in my browser and was able to read it easily in just a few minutes. Maybe download that and try again?

Posts: 4585 | Location: Madison, AL | Registered: December 06, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
The press conference amounted to: “Look Maw, I’m awn Tee Vee!”

Posts: 10938 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Seemed more like “fuck you” you freaking plebes.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Mollie Hemingway:

Kind of crazy to think that Merrick Garland may have posed less of a threat to the republic as a Supreme Court justice than as an incompetent, vindictive, corrupt AG.

Link

Posts: 33808 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not sure how to vent, but I am pissed. Thank God for SigForum. I'll let it ride for a day or two.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
blame canada
Picture of AKSuperDually
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
Not sure how to vent, but I am pissed. Thank God for SigForum. I'll let it ride for a day or two.
My solution has been to purchase as much ammo, precious metals, and home security devices as I can swing with available cash.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The trouble with our Liberal friends...is not that they're ignorant, it's just that they know so much that isn't so." Ronald Reagan, 1964
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Arguing with some people is like playing chess with a pigeon. It doesn't matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon will just take a shit on the board, strut around knocking over all the pieces and act like it won.. and in some cases it will insult you at the same time." DevlDogs55, 2014 Big Grin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

www.rikrlandvs.com

Posts: 13957 | Location: On the mouth of the great Kenai River | Registered: June 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
Are there any photos or videos of the FBI at Mar-A-Lago?

Can't find any, and I'm curious: were they dressed in business suits, ties and white shirts, or did they re- Roger Stone the place in full battle-rattle with plates, helmets, rifles, etc.?

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI's Mar-a-Lago Raid Presents a Time for Choosing: The Regime, or America | Opinion

https://www.newsweek.com/fbis-...rica-opinion-1731983

It wasn't enough for The Regime to concoct claims of treasonous Russian collusion to spy on his campaign, and then use the subsequent "investigations" to divert and destabilize his administration while covering up its misdeeds.

It wasn't enough for The Regime to execute two farcical impeachments and sabotage his every act in open insubordination and contempt—effectively forestalling a peaceful transfer of power, and depriving Americans of a full four years from which we would have all more richly benefited.

It wasn't enough for The Regime to do everything in its power to "fortify" the 2020 election against him, just as it wouldn't be enough for The Regime to disqualify him from the 2024 ballot—in defense of "democracy," of course—under the fraudulent pretext of an "insurrection."

The Regime wants President Donald J. Trump arrested, shackled, and left to rot in prison.

It is vengeful, rabid, and out for blood.

Monday's raid of Mar-a-Lago by the FBI—the latest in a string of third-world acts by an agency that considers itself so untouchable that its leader apparently deemed it acceptable to cut short a Senate oversight hearing days before the raid to jet off to a mountain retreat—is the first in a series of events poised to culminate in the attempted prosecution of Trump.

The specific legal grounds for the raid, like the grounds for the coming indictment, are really beside the point.

Trump's crime was, and always has been, that he threatened The Regime's power and privilege—in so doing, representing tens of millions of Americans who The Regime considers an impediment to its total control, and who it holds in utter contempt.

That's all the "predication" The Regime needed to pursue him from the day he emerged in Trump Tower to declare himself an unprecedented political force, and, since, treat all manner of like-minded Wrongthinkers the same.

The pretense of the rule of law is gone, and to delude oneself into thinking otherwise after the two-tier, Soviet standard of justice we have seen applied again and again over the last six years would be dangerous folly.

Having suffered what it perceived to be a near-death experience in the election of Donald Trump, The Regime must now show that anyone and everyone from the lowliest of non-violent January 6-ers held in pretrial detention to Trump himself can, and will, be crushed if they dare to not submit.

Those celebrating the Mar-a-Lago raid are condoning the very authoritarian behavior they claim to decry.

They are cheering on the transformation of America into something beneath a banana republic, into something even more demoralizing and devastating: the greatest nation in the history of mankind being reduced to a decaying and decadent dictatorship of the Woketariat.

We find ourselves in a dire circumstance in which our every critical institution is being, or has been turned, against itself, and trained on the very public it was supposed to serve.

The raid of the estate of a president by a lawless security apparatus on behalf of his successor represents the crossing of a civilizational Rubicon.

This is a time for choosing far starker and more precarious than the last time the phrase was used, because we have for so long chosen wrong.

Today, the choice is this: You either stand with our totalitarian regime, or you stand with the Americans it seeks to bring to heel.

Those who are silent will be complicit in the horrors to which our nation will be subjected.

Posts: 12681 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
Are there any photos or videos of the FBI at Mar-A-Lago?

Can't find any, and I'm curious: were they dressed in business suits, ties and white shirts, or did they re- Roger Stone the place in full battle-rattle with plates, helmets, rifles, etc.?

They were decked out and armed to the teeth.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
I ain't from Missouri, but ..

Show me!

Posts: 15893 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised they allowed that opinion piece in Newsweek.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
You know, it's possible I'm mistaken. I wonder if the pics I saw of armed agents with rifles were actually Secret Service agents. I can't be certain.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30408 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ Would they be there even though President Trump wasn't? Maybe it's permanent duty regardless.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38675 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I don't really have anything to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said, but last evening I got together with a couple of friends, one of which is an understated semi-liberal. Typically we try to avoid politics and keep the conversations about guy stuff like guns, motorcycles, sports and women, etc. Well, the subject about the raid came up and I made the comment that Obamas mansion should be invaded by the FBI as well to balance the public perception and our liberal friend went nuts said that it was blasphemous to suggest such a thing. Another friend then brought the hypocrisy up of the left and that was enough for him and he left in a huff. That underscores the problem this country has regarding the polarization that exists. Very disappointing. Frown

Jim

It really is disappointing. I am on LinkedIn as it is/was/should be a professional networking site. People have begun to post on it like it is Facebook, which irritates me. Anyway today I saw a pro-Trump post and the comments were in the thousands. It was sad to see professional people with their real names, job titles, and companies they work for posting very hateful things agains those who opposed their view. It was both sides of the isle doing it. I only post professional things on there and will never comment on something like that. If I posted a hateful comment and our chief saw it, I would be out of a job I am sure.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8668 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ignored facts
still exist
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:
quote:
Originally posted by Jimbo54:
I don't really have anything to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said, but last evening I got together with a couple of friends, one of which is an understated semi-liberal. Typically we try to avoid politics and keep the conversations about guy stuff like guns, motorcycles, sports and women, etc. Well, the subject about the raid came up and I made the comment that Obamas mansion should be invaded by the FBI as well to balance the public perception and our liberal friend went nuts said that it was blasphemous to suggest such a thing. Another friend then brought the hypocrisy up of the left and that was enough for him and he left in a huff. That underscores the problem this country has regarding the polarization that exists. Very disappointing. Frown

Jim

It really is disappointing. I am on LinkedIn as it is/was/should be a professional networking site. People have begun to post on it like it is Facebook, which irritates me. Anyway today I saw a pro-Trump post and the comments were in the thousands. It was sad to see professional people with their real names, job titles, and companies they work for posting very hateful things agains those who opposed their view. It was both sides of the isle doing it. I only post professional things on there and will never comment on something like that. If I posted a hateful comment and our chief saw it, I would be out of a job I am sure.

LinkedIn sucks.

----------------------
Let's Go Brandon!

Posts: 10926 | Location: 45 miles from the Pacific Ocean | Registered: February 28, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post