SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Wellp, Trump has gone and involved the fifth.

Can you elaborate?

Trump invoked the 5th Amendment during a deposition today with regards to the NY attorney general's civil investigation into his real estate business.

As is his constitutional right. You know no matter how he answered questions, they' figure a way to turn it against him. And how many "I invoke the 5th' did we see during dems on the stand.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:

So, if they're crooks and want to "get" you, they can plant anything inside your place? Or, have I been watching too much TV?

But do they really need to plant anything? It seems that they just grabbed a bunch of boxes of papers and documents with the intention of finding "what they're looking for later." In other words, as Stalin's secret police chief Lavrentiy Beria said to him, "show me the man and I'll show you the crime."

Certainly there could be an element of fabrication here, but I bet you all of us could be charged with some crime under the federal code if the feds just starting digging. Presume the man guilty first and fill in the blanks later.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30908 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
FBI Had Mole Inside Mar-A-Lago: Report

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...sts-planted-evidence

According to Newsweek, the FBI had a 'confidential human source' (a mole) inside Mar-a-Lago, who was "able to identify what classified documents former President Trump was still hiding and even the location of those documents."

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
The FBI is still spying on Trump, this time with a mole in his own residence? Mad

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30908 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:
According to Newsweek

Read my signature.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17159 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
An investment in knowledge
pays the best interest
posted Hide Post
I keep hearing / reading "classified documents" were taken. Doesn't the President of the United States decide what's Classified or not? Hildabeast never was and never will be President, so the same line of reasoning doesn't pertain to her.

Posts: 3371 | Location: Mid-Atlantic | Registered: December 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
DOJ ordered to respond after requests to unseal FBI's Trump raid warrant

https://www.washingtonexaminer...i-trump-raid-warrant

The Department of Justice must respond to motions to unseal the warrant behind the FBI raid of former President Donald Trump’s home in Mar-a-Lago, the magistrate judge who approved the unprecedented search ordered Thursday.

Magistrate Judge Bruce Reinhart, who is believed to have signed the still-sealed FBI warrant approving the bureau’s Trump raid, said the DOJ must now “file a Response to the Motion to Unseal” following efforts by Albany-based news outlet the Times Union and the conservative advocacy group Judicial Watch requesting the DOJ make the warrant public.

Reinhart said the DOJ’s response may be filed “ex parte and under seal as necessary to avoid disclosing matters already under seal,” meaning that the full response may be secret but that “the Government shall file a redacted Response in the public record” too.

The Times Union lawyer wrote that FBI agents “applied for and received a search warrant in connection with an investigation that involved the residence of Donald J. Trump in Palm Beach” and that “I am filing this request seeking the unsealing request of these court records.”

Judicial Watch wrote that it is “investigating the potential politicization” of the FBI and the DOJ and whether they are “abusing their law enforcement powers to harass a likely future political opponent of President Biden” and that “if the Court were to unseal the materials, Judicial Watch would obtain the materials, analyze them, and make them available to the public.”

Reinhart said that the “Government may file a consolidated Response to all Motions to Seal” and that the DOJ will have until Monday to respond.

The magistrate judge's name came under considerable scrutiny Tuesday after multiple news outlets reported that he was the one who signed off on the FBI's raid of Mar-a-Lago. In particular, his connection to notorious sex offender Jeffrey Epstein was highlighted.

Reinhart left his job as an assistant U.S. attorney on Jan. 1, 2008. The next day, he began representing some of Epstein's employees. He was accused in a lawsuit filed by two of Epstein's victims of leaving the DOJ to provide Epstein inside information, allegations Reinhart denied, the Miami Herald reported in 2018.

The U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida removed Reinhart's page from its website on Tuesday afternoon after his connection to Epstein went viral on social media.

"Access denied," Reinhart's page now reads. "You are not authorized to access this page."

Reinhart was appointed by district judges to his current position as a magistrate judge in 2018.

The judge recused himself from a civil lawsuit involving Trump and his 2016 presidential opponent, former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton.

Trump sued Clinton, the Democratic National Committee, and numerous political entities and figures in March for promoting stories that alleged Trump was colluding with Russia during the 2016 election.

Reinhart recused himself from the case on June 22, citing a portion of the U.S. code that requires any magistrate judges to disqualify themselves if they have a "personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts concerning the proceeding."

Reinhart did not specify in his recusal if the party he had a personal bias or prejudice toward was Trump, Clinton, or one or more of the dozens of other defendants in the lawsuit.

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
So the magistrate who recused himself earlier in his career from all things Trump, suddenly felt it ok to sign a search warrant on Trump a few days ago.

Legal beagles, am I not remembering correctly, but if you refuse yourself you are basically recused for life WRT that specific legal field.

This stinks

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11460 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34546 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Can someone explain to me, how these assholes can just kick Trump's attorneys out to the curb then did whatever they did inside the resort? Sure they had their warrant, but doesn't the other side have the right to be present and observe what transpires?

In my nearly four decades as a LEO writing and serving search warrants on a local, state (Washington) and even a federal level when sub-assigned to DEA on a gang task force ... the other side does not have the right of having an observer present to observe. A search warrant return of what was taken in detail is required to be left at the scene.

My experience as well. Most of the search warrants I have participated in have been with the Texas Rangers and the home owners were not allowed to be in the house. In a search warrant I participated in with the FBI, the home owners were allowed to sit in the kitchen but not be present in the areas we were searching. However when we found a locked box under the bed, we did call them in and asked what was in it. They got very anxious and said they would not tell us. We figured it was drugs and after opening it, it was crazy sex toys along with the largest dildo I had ever seen!

At least in this case it sounds like Trump had surveillance cameras, hopefully inside, and they refused to turn them off. I sure hope one day we get to see the probable cause listed in the search warrant.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:

At least in this case it sounds like Trump had surveillance cameras, hopefully inside, and they refused to turn them off. I sure hope one day we get to see the probable cause listed in the search warrant.

I thought the Jackboots requested the staff to kill the cameras and when they refused, the Feebs moved to kill the systems themselves. Meaning there is no video of what they did during those 9 hours.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16523 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Truth Seeker
Picture of StorminNormin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

I thought the Jackboots requested the staff to kill the cameras and when they refused, the Feebs moved to kill the systems themselves. Meaning there is no video of what they did during those 9 hours.

If they did turn off the system themselves, then that will be interesting to see if they are allowed to do that. I have no idea of the legality of that.

To me, if there is nothing to hide then let things be recorded. I worked for one agency once that did not allow the audio recording of interviews or interrogations. Recording them protects everyone unless you are doing something you shouldn’t. Thank goodness I now work for an agency that requires it and also Texas state law now requires interviews of certain crimes to be recorded.

NRA Benefactor Life Member

Posts: 8740 | Location: The Lone Star State | Registered: July 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:

I presume you did not copy and past because that website is full of nothing but click bait and annoying pictures and crap advertisements. And it would take you 3 and a half days to copy and paste the actual article.

I am not sure I have ever been able to read more than one paragraph from the pundit because of their layout.

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25675 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bald1:
quote:

If they did turn off the system themselves, then that will be interesting to see if they are allowed to do that. I have no idea of the legality of that.

To me, if there is nothing to hide then let things be recorded. I worked for one agency once that did not allow the audio recording of interviews or interrogations. Recording them protects everyone unless you are doing something you shouldn’t. Thank goodness I now work for an agency that requires it and also Texas state law now requires interviews of certain crimes to be recorded.

If I also understand correctly (from Dershowitz I believe) the Feebs screwed up having a safecracker open Trump's office safe. There are specific procedures mandated before a safe can be opened and they failed to observe them.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16523 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by StorminNormin:]

Many of y’all are thinking like Cops.
You should be thinking like Criminals.

Did the FBI not spy on Trump in Trump Towers?
Why would a leopard change it’s spots?

Perhaps it would be wise to think of “planting” in regards to leaving something behind.

Turn off the cameras, no one can watch while we “plant” devices.

They spied “wire-tapped” on President Trump before, why would they not again take advantage of this unique opportunity?

The FBI destroyed Mar-A-Lago.
President Trump can never have a private conversation in his residence again without wondering who is listening or watching.

Not a conspiracy theory, just a recognition of what they have done in the past and asking, why would they change their behavior now.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
The FBI destroyed Mar-A-Lago.
President Trump can never have a private conversation in his residence again without wondering who is listening or watching.

^^^^^^^^^^^^
I doubt that. Besides Tony Soprano just went to the basement and turned on white noise while he talked. lol

Posts: 17481 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ditto what others have posted in regard to observers during search warrants. Most of the time, everyone was removed from the premises. From time to time, one suspect would be in left in a separate area. Mainly in hopes he or she would shoot off their mouth in regard to what was being searched for. A return or receipt showing what was seized was required to be given to the property owner or suspect at the conclusion of the search. If no one was present during the search, the return was taped to the front door.
I would love to see the return for the Trump search, if there is one.

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16384 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Speling Champ
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would love to see the return for the Trump search, if there is one.

That and the PC statement.

Nothing about this seems kosher.

Posts: 1623 | Location: Utah | Registered: July 06, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

I presume you did not copy and past because that website is full of nothing but click bait and annoying pictures and crap advertisements. And it would take you 3 and a half days to copy and paste the actual article.

I am not sure I have ever been able to read more than one paragraph from the pundit because of their layout.

I presume you're trying to read this on a phone...NO issues whatsoever reading it on a PC using Firefox or Brave! Wink

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9436 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Baroque Bloke
Picture of Pipe Smoker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
quote:
Originally posted by Black92LX:
quote:

I presume you're trying to read this on a phone...NO issues whatsoever reading it on a PC using Firefox or Brave! Wink

The site had quite a few ads, but I didn’t have much trouble reading it on my iPhone with Safari browser.

Serious about crackers

Posts: 9440 | Location: San Diego | Registered: July 26, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post