SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
It's becoming more and more clear that the Dems are VERY worried about Trump running again (and winning) and they are going to stop him by any means necessary.

This may have something to do with how they have deployed the Gestapo against Trump now, they must be in an absolute panic their little circus isn't working:

The J6 Hearings Had Virtually No Impact On Changing Public Views, New Poll Finds

Posts: 34546 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Kind of a loaded question, in that nobody that supports Trump bought into the process to begin with and nobody who believed he caused it would change their minds to support Trump, no matter if the hearings were valid or not.

Hate Trump- zero influence
Like Trump- zero influence

The hearings were done simply to keep the J6 story alive nothing more...

Posts: 24255 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bookers Bourbon
and a good cigar
Picture of Johnny 3eagles
posted Hide Post

BIDEN SUCKS.

If you're goin' through hell, keep on going.
Don't slow down. If you're scared don't show it.
You might get out before the devil even knows you're there.

NRA ENDOWMENT LIFE MEMBER

Posts: 7275 | Location: Arkansas  | Registered: November 06, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ammoholic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Wellp, Trump has gone and involved the fifth.

Can you elaborate?

Posts: 7075 | Location: Lost, but making time. | Registered: February 23, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

New York Attorney General Letitia James'

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by slosig:
quote:

Can you elaborate?

Trump invoked the 5th Amendment during a deposition today with regards to the NY attorney general's civil investigation into his real estate business.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30908 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Deal In Lead
Picture of Flash-LB
posted Hide Post
Taking the 5th is more Presidential than telling them to go pound sand.

Plus, it's a legal defense.

Posts: 10626 | Location: Gilbert Arizona | Registered: March 21, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
FNC said today her law suit involves the fact that a water tower, water cooler, water something on top of Trump Tower was misrepresent dimensionally (i.e. it was measured incorrectly) on the tax return for the state and this constituted an effort to defraud NY of taxes. If this is indeed the case, he should have just told them to pound sand.

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20388 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Reportedly the Trump legal team has asked the courts for the affidavit, the warrant and inventory of the items taken by fbi.

All legit.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Altitude Minimum
Picture of BOATTRASH1
posted Hide Post
Probably a chilling tower for the building HVAC. How in the hell does the square footage of that have any bearing on frigging taxes?

Posts: 1289 | Location: Shalimar, FL | Registered: January 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://justthenews.com/accoun..._campaign=newsletter

The federal magistrate judge who authorized this week's FBI raid on Donald Trump's home and office in Florida six weeks earlier recused himself from the former president's lawsuit against Hillary Clinton and other Democrats in the Russia collusion scandal, citing concerns he couldn't be impartial.

U.S. Magistrate Judge Bruce W. Reinhart in West Palm Beach, Fla.,who was appointed in 2018, filed the recusal document on June 22, a few weeks after presiding over the start of the civil litigation. Reinhart signed the search warrant authorizing the Mar-a-Lago search on Aug. 5, court records show.

"The undersigned Magistrate Judge, to whom the above-styled cause has been assigned, hereby recuses himself and refers the case to the Clerk of Court for reassignment pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 455," Reinhart wrote in his order or recusal in the Trump v. Clinton case.

The statute that the magistrate cited for his recusal states in part a judge "shall disqualify himself in any proceeding in which his impartiality might reasonably be questioned" and then describes the various circumstances that could trigger such concerns.

They include "a personal bias or prejudice concerning a party, or personal knowledge of disputed evidentiary facts" or prior work as a lawyer for a party involved in the case.

Reinhart's order did not specify the conflict or source of his concern for recusal.

Trump's lawsuit accuses Clinton, Democrat allies and current and former government officials of engaging in a racketeering conspiracy to falsely portrayTrump as colluding with Russia during the 2016 election. The sweeping nature of the suit involves numerous parties and public figures.

The recusal filing emerges as numerous media reports have surfaced about the magistrate's prior work, including donations before he was judge to President Barack Obama and Jeb Bush and work for figures associated with the late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

The Daily Wire also raised questions about Reinhart's impartiality toward Trump, reporting that in a 2017 Facebook social post -- a year before he was named a magistrate -- he challenged the 45th president's moral character after Trump attacked the late Rep. John Lewis, a civil rights icon.

“I generally ignore the President-elect’s tweets, but not this one. John Lewis arguably has done more to ‘make America great’ than any living citizen,” Reinhart posted, according to the Daily Wire. “Last August, I took my son to the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma so he could understand the kind of courage and sacrifice required to live in a democratic society. John Lewis embodies that spirit. Although I’ve never met him, he is one of my heroes.”

“Thank you, Robert Reich, for saying what many of us feel, ‘John Lewis is the conscience of America. Donald Trump doesn’t have the moral stature to kiss John Lewis’s feet,’” Reinhart's post added, according to the news site. “Or, as Joseph Welch said to Joseph McCarthy, ‘At long last, have you left no sense of decency?’”

Posts: 13079 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Can someone explain to me, how these assholes can just kick Trump's attorneys out to the curb then did whatever they did inside the resort? Sure they had their warrant, but doesn't the other side have the right to be present and observe what transpires?

Q

Posts: 27522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
why in the hell did his protective detail just not shoot the bastards on sight?

who the hell are they working for?

Posts: 53792 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Can someone explain to me, how these assholes can just kick Trump's attorneys out to the curb then did whatever they did inside the resort? Sure they had their warrant, but doesn't the other side have the right to be present and observe what transpires?

In my nearly four decades as a LEO writing and serving search warrants on a local, state (Washington) and even a federal level when sub-assigned to DEA on a gang task force ... the other side does not have the right of having an observer present to observe. A search warrant return of what was taken in detail is required to be left at the scene.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:

In my nearly four decades as a LEO writing and serving search warrants on a local, state (Washington) and even a federal level when sub-assigned to DEA on a gang task force ... the other side does not have the right of having an observer present to observe. A search warrant return of what was taken in detail is required to be left at the scene.

So, if they're crooks and want to "get" you, they can plant anything inside your place? Or, have I been watching too much TV?

Q

Posts: 27522 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Q read my mind. They could "find" anything they want then....no matter how incriminating.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 39235 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
It’s the FBI. They do not need to tell the truth. They’re masters at fabricating and planting evidence. Their job is to smear and destroy. Their cover is that they’re ‘law enforcement’ but they conveniently manage to ignore the law.

Posts: 53792 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
As mother would say, "It's all as crooked as a dog's hind leg."

FJB
FJB
FJB
FJB
FJB~

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would never speak to the FBI under any circumstances other than to say “lawyer”. Their primary game is locking people up for lying to them. Why give them the chance to parse things you say.

+

Posts: 2838 | Location: Unass the AO | Registered: December 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned for
showing his ass
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by old dino:
quote:

So, if they're crooks and want to "get" you, they can plant anything inside your place? Or, have I been watching too much TV?

Q ... I am on the same page with you regarding your concern about evidence being planted. I am fortunate being an honest cop, as well as those I worked with, that we never considered stooping down to that level. Are there bad cops on local, state and federal levels who would do this ? I believe so. And this makes me sick to my stomach.

Did it happen during this search warrant ? I don't know, but I have my concerns as I do not trust the feds no matter the organization. Reflecting back as a result of your question, I would not have any concern having an observer. All of my investigations involved violent crimes and keeping all away was for officer safety. What I find odd is that frankly in my opinion this was an administrative warrant ... meaning to recover documents only with no evidence of violence involved.

No, you have not watched too much television. This search warrant should of been just a knock and talk ... and taking what they needed based on the search warrant and not treating it as having the potential of a gun battle.

Oh, and I have a huge problem of this search warrant going through his wife's closet ... unless he was hiding classified documents in her underwear but that needed to be articulated in the search warrant affidavit.

Posts: 3190 | Location: PNW | Registered: November 16, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post