SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gustofer:
I'm curious how in the hell the National Archives would even know if there were classified documents put in boxes and taken out of the White House to begin with.

Perhaps GSA kept an inventory list of what was boxed up?

Posts: 11617 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Our government has grown so much, they feel no explanations are needed. Never thought I’d see anything like this.

God Bless America!

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
Did the FBI plant evidence?
That’s something I cannot talk about.

Should have been a simple question.
Why couldn’t FBI Director Wray simply say No?

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bzyJERBopuk" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
That's not any form of law enforcement. Shouldn't in the least be concerned of threats because noone in this f'd up group ever pays a price for their illegal and dirty deeds. The price is free. I hope, when the real President returns, he can some how boot every last one of these people from the scene. Tear this FBI and DOJ down to the ground and start over. And please dont bleed from the heart about how there are so many good people among them. Close the whole damn thing down and replace them.

Posts: 17984 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by recoatlift:
Our government has grown so much, they feel no explanations are needed. Never thought I’d see anything like this.

God Bless America!
What I believe is gripping is the fact an American Revolution was fought over waaaaaaaay less than what these Tyrants are doing to us today. Talk about OPPRESSION!!! Every person suckling at the goverment teat is a slave to said government.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I’m not for imprisonment of any traitors, all need to be cleansed.

Posts: 5775 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Cool it

Posts: 109058 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
Looks like Merrick Garland is trying to distance himself a bit and keeps throwing Christopher Wray's name in there more as this develops.

Wray was appointed by Trump and is technically a Republican. What better fall guy could there be, if this blows up in their face and there has to be one.
See, it was Trump's fault, again.

Posts: 9802 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bzyJERBopuk" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]
That's not any form of law enforcement. Shouldn't in the least be concerned of threats because noone in this f'd up group ever pays a price for their illegal and dirty deeds. The price is free. I hope, when the real President returns, he can some how boot every last one of these people from the scene. Tear this FBI and DOJ down to the ground and start over. And please dont bleed from the heart about how there are so many good people among them. Close the whole damn thing down and replace them.

See. That's the whole problem. Trump said he was going to drain the swamp the last time, but he kept getting blocked by all the career congress critters, of both parties. At least he exposed them for what they are, and many Americans are finally waking up.

He may just get it done this time around, and the swamp critters, and their world wide financial backers, will stop at nothing to prevent Trump from getting elected again.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Seems to me that this is a hail mary to find something on trump. The judge that signed the warrant was a left wingnut. One unfortunate consequence of this kind of behavior by DOJ and FBI might make some people decline serving at high levels because they stop at nothing to try to intimidate us. ie, if it can happen to an ex president, it can happen to anyone. Remember Lois Lerner. No significant consequences for her or her higher ups.Same with Clapper, Brennan , Come, Hilliary. I hope this energizes everyone to show up in November

Posts: 244 | Location: Northeastern Pa | Registered: February 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
Looks like Merrick Garland is trying to distance himself a bit and keeps throwing Christopher Wray's name in there more as this develops.

Wray was appointed by Trump and is technically a Republican. What better fall guy could there be, if this blows up in their face and there has to be one.

Disagree… Christopher Wray is a lifelong bureaucrat. His loyalty is to the bureaucracy. Trump probably didn’t understand the depth of the swamp at that time.

Probably wrongly believed the FBI was not so corrupted, along with the rest of the IC.
I bet he feels very differently today.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
This isn't about trying to find anything on Trump.

It's 100% about controlling the story before an election. For example, the lead into the national news on NBSleaze last night was Trump's home was raided by the FBI and he plead the 5th. You had to wait for the actual report before it was explained that these were seperate incidents. Even then, it wasn't until the end of the report that any explanation was given as to why the FBI was at his house or what the nature of the deposition was where he invoked the 5th.

Most people, with the TV on while making dinner or whatever their evening routine is, would catch Trump raided by FBI and pleads the 5th. A much smaller group of people would catch that there were two seperate, unrelated incidents. Few people not watching intently, would understand the reasons behind the raid or the deposition were relatively minor.

Posts: 11617 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ScotP7:

3) Either way, this is SO divisive to the country. SO polarizing. (But the Dems don’t seem to mind turning the country against itself, fostering division, and harming citizens, especially children and the marginally mentally ill, in the name of a brilliant strategy to win an election, which was unwinnable without pumped Covid hysteria and fear. [Don’t scoff — it worked.]) This is so polarizing, intentionally. Just what we don’t need more of. This pushes Trump to run, and makes the party rally around him, even if DeSantis or others might be the “better” candidate. As if the Dems want a revolution or disintegration.

For about the last decade I have more and more come to believe that the bolded part is true. There is a faction within the left that seeks an upheaval in order to install their totalitarianism. It doesn't take too many people in the right positions with similar goals to herd the lemmings over the cliff.

This is a time-proven strategy. It is also time-proven when not intentional, that when a society devolves into chaos there is always a strong-man who takes advantage. So whether the ultra-polarization is intentional or not, it is exceedingly dangerous.

One problem with polarization is we become extremists in public discourse. Those who control the narrative portray each side to the other as intentionally evil. I believe there are many citizens who consider themselves democrats or liberal who have no desire for revolution or disintegration, and who have no idea how hard their side is poking the sleeping bear. They have been propagandized.

Posts: 9730 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Watch what you post online. The traitors to our democratic republic are ramping up the rhetoric against law abiding citizens that SEE what the left is doing. The FBI is using some pretty scary terminology to describe the people that clearly see the threat to our country. The same out of control people that let BLM riot, loot, and kill want to go after law abiding citizens for having an opinion that conflicts with the narrative.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/auth...d=88199587&fs=e&s=cl

Law enforcement agencies around the country are actively monitoring online threats and rhetoric that has emerged in the wake of the FBI raid on former President Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago estate Monday, sources tell ABC News.

Agencies are also preparing for possible acts of violence they fear could occur at or near pro-Trump demonstrations that some supporters are calling for, law enforcement sources said.

Authorities on Monday morning searched Trump's Florida estate in what sources told ABC News was part of a probe into documents that Trump improperly took to Mar-a-Lago when he departed the White House, some of which the National Archives has said were marked classified.

"Over the last several months, law enforcement officials across the nation have become increasingly concerned about calls for violence against law enforcement and other government officials by violent extremists," said John Cohen, a former Department of Homeland Security official who is now an ABC News contributor. "The search warrant at Mar-a-Lago has only served to increase those calls, adding to law enforcement concerns."

In the aftermath of the raid, Trump supporters called for protests at FBI offices in Riverside, California, and Washington, D.C., according to online messages collected by the Institute for Strategic Dialogue, a think tank that monitors extremism and hate speech.

The ISD reported that one Trump supporter was "calling on fellow veterans and Americans of all walks to join him" in Washington "to protest the out-of-control FBI and its actions against President Trump," while a post by another supporter implored followers to "Protest FBI tyranny."

Cohen says authorities have grown even more concerned as public figures have echoed those kind of remarks.

"We now face a situation where public officials and members of the media are mimicking the language used by violent extremists, and this has served to add more volatility to the situation," he said.

Evan worse, said Cohen, "there's been talk about a range of conspiracy theories regarding what the FBI was doing at Mar-a-Lago. And when public figures -- especially those who have previously served in law enforcement -- spread wild conspiracy theories that they know are false, it's not only irresponsible but dangerous."

On the other hand, Cohen said, authorities have become better at monitoring threats and acting on them.

"Following the events at the Capitol on Jan. 6, law enforcement has improved its ability to analyze online activities by violent extremists, taking threats made online more seriously and incorporating that understanding into their security planning," he said.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15791 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
We all know what this is… You just have to reconcile yourself internally as to how to get your country back.

My sons are talking about running for office, writing books, engagement/posting media in a meaningful ways. Somewhere between John Galt and Valentine Wiggen.

Personally I need to see what happens in 89 days.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:

Disagree… Christopher Wray is a lifelong bureaucrat. His loyalty is to the bureaucracy. Trump probably didn’t understand the depth of the swamp at that time.

Probably wrongly believed the FBI was not so corrupted, along with the rest of the IC.

I expressed my misgivings about Wray when he was appointed by Trump and was roundly chastised by several here. Wray has proven my point virtually every step of the way.

Posts: 5234 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

Totally missed my point so let me try again.
I was in no way supporting the guy (Wray), just pointing out that he's going to be the fall guy as this goes south on them.

Wray was appointed by Trump and has an R after his name so they (Democrats and other Rino's) will claim he's a Republican and therefore not biased against Trump. He's more of a Jeb Bush type Republican, likes being part of the insiders in the party and hates and feels threatened by Trump.

The Democrats probably don't really trust him either and as they see the reaction to this, even by some of their own, they need to deflect and who better to throw overboard than Wray?
For them, they see blaming him as a two'fer. They use him to protect Garland and others that are behind this, and get rid of Wray so they can put their own guy in there. Even the Republican side and Trump supporters will be looking for a scalp over this fiasco.

Given the freak show that many of the other Biden appointees have been, I can't imagine what they could put in the FBI position.

Posts: 9802 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Meh, just nuances.

Doesn’t really matter in the larger picture. IMO.

~Robert A. Heinlein

Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Notice how this is ALL we and the MSM are now talking about?

Not about how Joe Manchin just fucked us royally in a shades-of-Cornhusker-Kickback-dirty-deal on this BBB thing Mad

Not about how Joe Biden is literally incoherent and gets confused at every turn now Mad

Not that Bidenflation is wrecking the economy Mad

This may have been nothing more than a stunt to take any attention off Biden leading up to the midterms.

Posts: 34546 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Tyrants just be blowing their wad right now…

Strange calculus

~Robert A. Heinlein