SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home
Page 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 37
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Unannounced FBI raid on President Trump’s Mar-A-Lago Home Login/Join 
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Nailed it!

Philadelphia conservative radio host Chris Stigall:

Yesterdays raid was exclusively and only about this hopeful conversation from CNN this morning. It’s not about anything Trump did criminally, it’s about stopping his return.

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tleddy:
A recent news post on Fox: spokesperson said the White House was not informed prior to the raid!

That statement strains my credulity to the breaking point… how many Pinocchio’s does that rate?

I bet they are playing word games. In that, 'joe biden' was not informed of the raid. Whoever is running this administration knew darn well what was happening, and almost certainly ORDERED the raid.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21821 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
On FNC this morning:

Reporter: "Is this unprecedented? To arrest a former president for not..."

Idiot commie New Yorker: "Not for a president that had committed this many provable criminal acts".

Reporter: "So what are the provable criminal acts?"

Idiot commie New Yorker: Pause...sigh..."Provable criminal acts...well...(pause)...I'm just...I...I...I...I'm done talking".

Roll Eyes

Insanity.

It really boggles my mind to try to understand the complete, utter, visceral hatred they have for this man. It is to the level that if he were beheaded in the middle of Times Square with a dull Ka-Bar, thousands would be there cheering. I can understand hatred, but even I draw a line somewhere on the rational spectrum. These people are sick. They are so filled with hatred they don't even know why they are so filled with hatred.

Posts: 19975 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
When they tell you who they are, believe them.

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
kinda reminds me of the citizens, adults and children, who turned against parents, doctors, teachers and such in prc during the cultural revolution. just blindly against something w/o thinking if it was good or bad.

what's the saying - be careful what you wish for, you might just get it. these idiots have no idea what they are wishing for.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12683 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I ususually can’t stand this chick but Meghan McCain makes a really good point today; The FBI just inadvertently made Trump a sympathetic martyr-like figure and painted themselves as the bad guys. This kind of shit isn’t going to fly with normal Americans, we cannot have a police state going after political opponents like this:

MEGHAN MCCAIN: If they don't have the goods, this unprecedented raid is proof the 'Deep State' wants to destroy Trump. How ironic they've made him a martyr - and a better bet than EVER for the White House in 2024

Posts: 33608 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
I ususually can’t stand this chick but Meghan McCain makes a really good point today; The FBI just inadvertently made Trump a sympathetic martyr-like figure and painted themselves as the bad guys. This kind of shit isn’t going to fly with normal Americans, we cannot have a police state going after political opponents like this:

MEGHAN MCCAIN: If they don't have the goods, this unprecedented raid is proof the 'Deep State' wants to destroy Trump. How ironic they've made him a martyr - and a better bet than EVER for the White House in 2024

Meghan’s last sentence is true:

“ Yesterday, the game was just changed. And the implications are positively terrifying.”

No quarter
.308/.223

Posts: 2081 | Location: Central Florida.  | Registered: March 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://news.yahoo.com/lawyers...rumps-031625178.html
from the article:
Former President Trump met with investigators months before the FBI search on Monday, sources told CNN.

Investigators asked where Trump stored his documents and attorneys showed them a basement room.

After the meeting, Trump's attorneys received a letter asking to secure the room, sources told CNN.

Months before the raid on his Mar-a-Lago residence, former President Donald Trump's lawyers recieved instructions to "secure the room" in which he stored his documents, sources told CNN.

The sources told CNN aides added a padlock in order to secure the room.

On Monday, Trump confirmed reports that the FBI executed a search warrant at his Palm Beach, Florida, residence.

Sources told ABC News the search was related to 15 boxes of documents Trump took from the White House to Mar-a-Lago resort following the end of his presidency. During the FBI's search Monday morning, the agency was verifying that no other documents were still at the resort after the National Archives retrieved the documents in February, a source told CNN.

really? the excuse for super soldier fbi raid is cause they wanted to confirm the padlocked room didnt have anything else the national archives did or didnt receive. i fail to understand the immensity of this idiotic move. motives aside, you need cover, for your ill intent. how impossibly sad and desperate.

Posts: 774 | Location: FL | Registered: November 17, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
The FBI will forever go down in history as a government organization which planned, committed, & covered up crimes.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5267 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
This kind of shit isn’t going to fly with normal Americans, we cannot have a police state going after political opponents like this:

"But, but...look what Trudeau got away with in Canada! Surely Americans are fat, stupid and, uhm, civilized, and, uhm, demoralized enough by COVID and a bad economy to, you know, put up with this.

I mean....aren't they?"
quote:
Originally posted by alteon180e:
i fail to understand the immensity of this idiotic move.

So did they. They figured that they were simply entitled to a fishing expedition, and that the only negative fallout would be some humiliation for Trump.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^ I'm thinking that as long as the electricity is working, there is food at the supermarket, and there is sportsball on tv, a lot of folks will keep the status quo.

I love our Constitution and I pray that our Republic is saved peacefully.

** My Underdeveloped Collection **
Sig Sauer P229 .40 Black with Aluminum Grips
Sig Sauer P250 9mm Black
Beretta PX4 Storm 9mm
Springfield XD .40 Subcompact Black
Springfield XD .45 Tactical Bi-Tone

Posts: 645 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:
The FBI will forever go down in history as a government organization which planned, committed, & covered up crimes.

When I was young, a new show came on the air called "The F.B.I.". I dug it.

Grew up thinking the F.B.I. was one of the greatest badass, professional group of people, tirelessly protecting the good people of America, with honor.

Then I grew up.

Yes, I am a cynic. I rather I were not, but Sir Isaac says, a proper reaction, equal and opposite will result from force, good or bad.

He knew laws.

The F.B.I.? They break them.

"MAMA"
Make America Mad Again

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43810 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
Worth listening to today.

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6845 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah... you push, and push, and push.
Eventually you will get push back.
This helps Trump.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 23949 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^^ IMHO it's not just the push back, it's also the loss of relatively passive support that comes from overreach. Someone who doesn't defend Biden in a casual conversation, someone who doesn't laugh at a joke or put up a yard sign, someone who doesn't show up to vote who would've voted for the Dems if they had - all of those people will have an impact on which way 2022 and 2024 go.
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
^^^ I'm thinking that as long as the electricity is working, there is food at the supermarket, and there is sportsball on tv, a lot of folks will keep the status quo.

I think the Dems were counting on that. Me, I think that as long as the electricity is working and there is food at the supermarket, then people have the leisure and confidence to raise hell when the Dems go into full-on jack booted thug mode.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Still finding my way
Picture of Ryanp225
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:

I've always thought that we needed a severe hardship to wake the sheep. We've been fat, dumb, and happy for too long. If we look at the history of mankind that is a huge anomaly and not where we do our best work.

Posts: 10828 | Registered: January 04, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Re: lights and groceries

If you really wanted to make things worse, you would spend another $739 billion, raise taxes, allow foreign nationals to buy our critical resources/land, kill off our military aged males w poison and then fuck with the citizens by adding 87,000 IRS agents.

Oh…

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26756 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kimber1911:

And as far as I'm concerned not a single one of them give a wet fart about their legacy.

They are so drunk on power and compromised from their corruption, there is no redemption for them.

___________________________________Sigforum - port in the fake news storm.____________Be kind to the Homeless. A lot of us are one bad decision away from there.

Posts: 1165 | Registered: July 20, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chris Stigall
@ChrisStigall

My wife has been pretty ambivalent about Donald Trump. Voted for him. Didn’t particularly care about his return. After the news broke his home was raided, her ambivalence has vanished. She’s ready for battle.

8:27 AM · Aug 9, 2022·Twitter for iPhone

Link

“I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve.”
-Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

I doubt his wife is an anomaly either.

Just for myself, I of course love and appreciate everything Trump has done for us. But for 2024, I was pretty much decided that I would support Ron DeSantis in the primary should he run (obviously I'd support Trump 100% if he eventually got the nomination). But after last night, that all changed. I am now committed to seeing Trump return to the White House and will vote and support him through the primaries and beyond. These damn democrats have crossed the Rubicon with this action.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30299 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post