SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Today, I spoke with JALLEN
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 22
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Today, I spoke with JALLEN Login/Join 
Picture of cjevans
posted Hide Post
Jim,

I enjoy your posts, commentary, advices and the oft witty repertoire.

Prayers and thoughts for the excellent and speedy recovery.

--chris

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid." ~ Benjamin Franklin.

"If anyone in this country doesn't minimise their tax, they want their head read, because as a government, you are not spending it that well, that we should be donating extra...:
Kerry Packer

SIGForum: the island of reality in an ocean of diarrhoea.

Posts: 1886 | Location: Altona Beach | Registered: February 20, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Republican in training
Picture of DonDraper
posted Hide Post
JALLEN, I hope you make it back more often than not. The forum is out of balance now.

--------------------
I like Sigs and HK's, and maybe Glocks

Posts: 2272 | Location: SC | Registered: March 16, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Damn Jim, this news sucks. It's been awhile since we commiserated about our respective "challenges" via email. Know that you are in my thoughts and prayers.

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16253 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of konata88
posted Hide Post
Best wishes to you Jim. One looks forward to future posts from you.

"Wrong does not cease to be wrong because the majority share in it." L.Tolstoy
"A government is just a body of people, usually, notably, ungoverned." Shepherd Book

Posts: 12754 | Location: In the gilded cage | Registered: December 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Res ipsa loquitur
Picture of BB61
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry to hear this. JALLEN always had interesting posts. Best wishes!

Posts: 12474 | Registered: October 13, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Redleg06
posted Hide Post
Thank you, Para.

Jim, thank you for all your contributions to this family.

"Cedat Fortuna Peritis"

Posts: 1976 | Location: Central Texas | Registered: June 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Better Than I Deserve!
Picture of LBTRS
posted Hide Post
This is sad news, JALLEN is one of the highlights around here. I'll be looking at every post from now on until he returns.

Many years ago, out of the blue, JALLEN sent my wife and I a large gift card to Ruth Chris Steakhouse as a "thanks for your service". I will never forget his gesture, a truly special guy.

Thanks to JALLEN for her service to our country and his service to our Sigforum community. We look forward to your return. Get well my friend.

Posts: 4987 | Location: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: September 23, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Mired in the
Fog of Lucidity
posted Hide Post
I'll add to what all the previous posts are saying and state that I too have thoroughly enjoyed Jim's posts and presence. I respect him and certainly have learned from him. He's a bright and learned soul and his posts are always thoughtful and well reasoned. Jim, I hope to see you back here soon, and best of luck to you!

Posts: 4850 | Registered: February 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Sauer Kraut
posted Hide Post
JALLEN--hope you are feeling better soon. I enjoy your insightful commentary and always learn something from your posts. We are thinking of you and wishing you the best.

Posts: 731 | Location: Middle (of nowhere) Georgia  | Registered: December 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Crusty old
curmudgeon
Picture of Jimbo54
posted Hide Post
Jim, this news is disturbing. You've been a pillar on this board since before I joined. You're insight has been enlightening and entertaining and you will be missed. I wish there was something I could do to help.

Jim

"If you can't be a good example, then you'll have to be a horrible warning" -Catherine Aird

Posts: 9791 | Location: The right side of Washington State | Registered: September 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Yew got a spider
on yo head
Picture of DoctorSolo
posted Hide Post
Best wishes, JALLEN, your posts are always interesting and insightful.

And I laugh every time I see

"Luckily, I have enough willpower to control the driving ambition that rages within me."

Every damn time...

Posts: 5154 | Location: Colorado Springs | Registered: April 12, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of got2hav1
posted Hide Post
Hope you feel better soon. Prayers for your recovery.

JEREMIAH 33:3

Posts: 2776 | Location: Eastern NC | Registered: March 14, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of jbcummings
posted Hide Post
Get better man! Texas won't be the same if you bail on us.

———-
Do not meddle in the affairs of wizards, for thou art crunchy and taste good with catsup.

Posts: 4306 | Location: DFW | Registered: May 21, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
teacher of history
Picture of maxwayne
posted Hide Post
Please take care of yourself.

Posts: 5627 | Location: Central Illinois | Registered: March 04, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Something wild
is loose
Picture of Doc H.
posted Hide Post
Prayers up Jim; miss ya Dude....

"And gentlemen in England now abed, shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap whiles any speaks that fought with us upon Saint Crispin's Day"

Posts: 2746 | Location: The Shire | Registered: October 22, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The One, the Only Mighty Paragon
Picture of Paragon
posted Hide Post
What's going on in this thread? Oh I see. We're talking about one of our rock stars. Carry on.

NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer

Posts: 12062 | Location: Central FL | Registered: April 30, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin/Odd Duck

Picture of lbj
posted Hide Post
Sorry to here about this.
Do the best you can and hopefully things will get better.

There is iron in my words of death for all to see.
So there is iron in my words of life.

Posts: 31432 | Registered: February 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Too soon old,
too late smart
posted Hide Post
Hope you're up and around soon.

Posts: 4757 | Location: Southern Texas | Registered: May 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Vicariously Tactical
Picture of Mike729
posted Hide Post
Get well soon! Miss your posts and commentary.

Posts: 1715 | Location: Tallahassee | Registered: August 22, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knows too little
about too much
Picture of rduckwor
posted Hide Post
JALLEN: GET WELL! Hope you feel better soon.

RMD

TL Davis: “The Second Amendment is special, not because it protects guns, but because its violation signals a government with the intention to oppress its people…”
Remember: After the first one, the rest are free.

Posts: 20325 | Location: L.A. - Lower Alabama | Registered: April 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post