SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Kackling Kamala's Kunty Kringe Krisis
Page 1 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 77
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Kackling Kamala's Kunty Kringe Krisis Login/Join 
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
My dad always watched 60 minutes and I did too until they went off the rails when Bush was President.

But they have always played with the facts to make a story. They nearly destroyed Audi in the mid/late 80's with their report on the "unintended acceleration crisis" with the Audi 5000.

Despite the fact that the braking system was independent of the powertrain and could bring the car to a complete stop under full throttle, they blamed the "idle stabilizer", which was just a low/high idle control, for causing full throttle on a mechanical linkage, and subsequent acceleration, with simultaneous brake failure.

They even had a video of an Audi 5000 coming to a complete stop with the hydraulic brakes under full throttle, but they voiced over it and didn't say what it was. They ignored the fact that after crashes caused by "unintended acceleration, the brake systems was found to be fully functional. They ignored the fact that no manual transmission car ever had "unintended acceleration".

Sounds like Trump needs to direct the FCC to reinstate the fairness doctrine for broadcast TV and NPR. That would be beautiful. Cable news may be outside the FCC's scope, but broadcast is definitely in scope.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Now the shit has really blown up:

Trump calls for CBS to lose its broadcasting license amid '60 Minutes' controversy: 'UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!'

Former President Trump took aim at CBS News over the ongoing controversy involving "60 Minutes" editing comments made by Vice President Kamala Harris for its primetime election special.

"A giant Fake News Scam by CBS & 60 Minutes," Trump wrote Thursday on Truth Social. "Her REAL ANSWER WAS CRAZY, OR DUMB, so they actually REPLACED it with another answer in order to save her or, at least, make her look better. A FAKE NEWS SCAM, which is totally illegal."

"TAKE AWAY THE CBS LICENSE," he continued. "Election Interference. She is a Moron, and the Fake News Media wants to hide that fact. An UNPRECEDENTED SCANDAL!!! The Dems got them to do this and should be forced to concede the Election? WOW!"

Trump further slammed the liberal network during a speech later in the day to the Detroit Economic Club.

"The other big news is the fraud committed by ‘60 Minutes’ and CBS together with the Democrat Party, working together with them, which will go down as the single biggest scandal in broadcast history, I predict," Trump said.

FCC Chairwoman Jessica Rosenworcel released a statement denouncing Trump's call to revoke CBS' broadcasting license.

"While repeated attacks against broadcast stations by the former President may now be familiar, these threats against free speech are serious and should not be ignored," Rosenworcel wrote. "As I’ve said before, the First Amendment is a cornerstone of our democracy. The FCC does not and will not revoke licenses for broadcast stations simply because a political candidate disagrees with or dislikes content or coverage."

The controversy stems from an exchange Harris had with "60 Minutes" correspondent Bill Whitaker about the Biden administration's relationship with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, which was released in full in a preview clip that aired on Sunday's "Face The Nation" but was edited for the primetime special.

Harris was mocked by conservatives for offering a lengthy "word salad" when she was asked why it seemed like Netanyahu wasn’t listening to the U.S. However, the vice president’s lengthy answer didn’t make the version that aired on Monday night and a shorter, more focused answer to the same question was shown instead.

"Well, Bill, the work that we have done has resulted in a number of movements in that region by Israel that were very much prompted by, or a result of, many things, including our advocacy for what needs to happen in the region," Harris responded in the "Face the Nation" version.

Sometimes interviews are edited to save time, but when CBS aired the interview on Monday night, Harris had a different response to the same question.

"We are not going to stop pursuing what is necessary for the United States to be clear about where we stand on the need for this war to end," Harris said.

Critics have accused CBS News of aiding the Harris campaign by cleaning up her messy answer for the network's primetime audience.

The Harris campaign insists it had nothing to do with the edit, with an aide telling Fox News Digital, "We do not control CBS's production decisions and refer questions to CBS."

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109261 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
Explanation from CBS:

No you see, that was just a different "take" because she messed up her lines. They showed us the "gag reel" in the teaser. The final edit is what the writer and director intended.

Posts: 4983 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
How do you say 'teleprompter' in Spanish?

They shut that sucker down faster than than you can say 'Speedy Gonzales' didn't they?

It's even worse than it looks, though. She was "answering questions" from the audience, yet the answers were already there on a teleprompter script. Even the questions were fake.

https://x.com/bennyjohnson/status/1844569834530492913

Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
I agree. Time to pull the license on CBS. That will make NBC and NBC shit their pants and perhaps they will decide they should report the news, not spin an agenda.

There should be price to pay for lying and cheating, misleading the people and spreading lies.

When you get right down to it, people really don’t need ‘news’ - they want it but even then they can do very little with the information.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: nhtagmember,

Posts: 53888 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Trump's demand (and implied threat) is great trolling, but CBS is not in danger of having their license revoked.

Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
I love how they condemn his attacks on free speech. Apparently free speech now includes editing snips video to make a better message.

Odd, they decry the RNC for doing the same thing with their attack ads against Kamala.

Pot.... meet kettle.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38299 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
The internal polling is apparently showing Trump sweeping the toss-up states... which would amount to an electoral landslide. Trump has no interest in debating and the left has trotted out Obama... strong indicators things are going our way.

Posts: 2060 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:

Good grief. I know nobody wants more of that pompous, arrogant jerk BHO lecturing/scolding us.

God bless America.

Posts: 13935 | Location: Frog Level Yacht Club | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
So much JOY coming off Barry there I can’t hardly take it!

Posts: 34728 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The new Kamala book is out and it promises to be good (albeit quick!) read…LMAO! Big Grin

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

The new Kamala book is out and it promises to be good (albeit quick!) read
I'ma check with the county library and see if they have a Kindle version that I can download.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31490 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vthoky:
Good grief. I know nobody wants more of that pompous, arrogant jerk BHO lecturing/scolding us.

BHO: Give me my 4th term! I'm entitled!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24683 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
Who’da thunk it? That the October Suprise of 2024 was Kamala being exposed and completely falling apart 3 weeks before Election Day?

With that being said, everyone and their uncle and their brother and their cousin and on and all needs to get out there and VOTE! The Dems are going to pull out all stops to cheat her into the Oval Office and I think it will make 2020 look like child’s play.

The only way to beat this is a massive landslide they cannot cheat their way past.

McNoob
Picture of xantom
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/robsmithonline/s.../1844373761430261839

"We've done four already, but now we're steady..."

Posts: 1804 | Location: MN | Registered: November 20, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of DrDan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:

The new Kamala book is out and it promises to be good (albeit quick!) read
I'ma check with the county library and see if they have a Kindle version that I can download.

The file will only be about 556 bytes....

This space intentionally left blank.

Posts: 5028 | Location: Florida | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Dems are going to pull out all stops to cheat her into the Oval Office and I think it will make 2020 look like child’s play.

IMO, ballot fraud will be less of an impact than what it was in 2020; Trump and Republicans were taken by surprise by the scope and the widespread national cheating strategies of the Democrats, nobody really saw it coming. Fast forward to today, we ALL know that they will try again, but Republicans have been working the last few years in court cases, laws passed, etc. And especially in the last year, the RNC making everyone aware that ballot fraud happened in 2020, it is a reality, and it will be met head-on. This, coupled with the extremely poor performance of Kackles, are the reasons why the Dems are in sheer panic right now.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17228 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Kommie-lala’s campaign and those that support her are about as stable as giraffes running on ice.

“Left-Wing PAC Makes Cringey ‘Man Enough’ Ad to Bring Male Voters to Kamala — and It Backfires Terribly”

The ad is embedded in this article at Breitbart.

It is somewhat beyond ‘kringey’.

Posts: 3598 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post