SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 ... 193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Picture of JohnCourage
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
No republicans went to Ukraine with the Pelosi delegation. Makes me wonder if they went to get the 10% for the big guy.

$33 billion. That's half the Russian military budget.
Completely unaccountable and untraceable.
You betcha. There will be diversions and kick-backs galore.

Our government is making billionaires quicker than McDonald’s makes BigMacs.

JC

Posts: 1303 | Location: Roswell, GA | Registered: June 27, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's got to be hard to fight a war with heroes like Nance and Yeager showing up to "help" you.

Posts: 799 | Registered: January 17, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oh stewardess,
I speak jive.
Picture of 46and2
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by arfmel:
I hope his gear includes a signal mirror in case he becomes stranded in a stew field.

Smile

Posts: 25613 | Registered: March 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
hello darkness
my old friend
Picture of gw3971
posted Hide Post
Interesting drone view video and a Ukrainian spelling lesson.

Posts: 7740 | Location: West Jordan, Utah | Registered: June 19, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Google “Ukraine” right now and every news source shows this a variation of this header:

“ U.S. Intelligence Is Helping Ukraine Kill Russian Generals, Officials Say”

Why on earth would anyone put this information out there?

https://thehill.com/policy/def...generals-report/amp/

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15803 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gw3971:
Interesting drone view video and a Ukrainian spelling lesson.

That video is the most graphic I have seen yet and shows how effective drone bombers can be.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47698 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
incredible drop of a grenade through the sunroof

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I watched the drone video and if I understood what I saw:
Russkies abandoned their wounded?
No one had any rifles or other weapons?
WTF?
And nice shot through the sunroof!

End of Earth: 2 Miles
Upper Peninsula: 4 Miles

Posts: 16389 | Location: Marquette MI | Registered: July 08, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
I Soviet Russia, you don't have to wait for The Rapture, to get left behind...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44479 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freethinker
Picture of sigfreund
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
to get left behind...

That was my first impression, but as pointed out in the comments to the video, they did go back for the disabled guy with the vehicle. Unfortunately for him, though, he probably would have been better off if they hadn’t.

6.4/93.6

Posts: 47698 | Location: 10,150 Feet Above Sea Level in Colorado | Registered: April 04, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
No professional NCO Corps
Generals doing what First Sergeants do here
Get wounded and they leave your ass behind

Sounds like the Russian Army is a top notch organization! Roll Eyes

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fighting the good fight
Picture of RogueJSK
posted Hide Post

Posts: 33067 | Location: Northwest Arkansas | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Ubique
Picture of TSE
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Don't forget the organized looting. They used military resources to clean out a John Deer dealership and ship its inventory to Chechnya.
You see pictures of APCs filled with household furniture and electric tools that have been looted. Much of their Army gives the impression of being armed rabble.

Calgary Shooting Centre

Posts: 1514 | Location: Alberta | Registered: July 06, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
I was also reading that brutal hazing and even torture by older conscripts of younger conscripts is an old Soviet tradition that lives on, a consequence of not having a professional NCO corps.

Sounds like the Russians are all kind of fucked up. Eek

Posts: 34579 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was also reading that brutal hazing and even torture by older conscripts of younger conscripts is an old Soviet tradition that lives on, a consequence of not having a professional NCO corps.

Sounds like the Russians are all kind of fucked up. Eek

Its a huge problem. Not unusual for parents to urge their kids to get into a technical field and not get caught up in the macho BS by joining a combat arms unit. Deaths due to out-of-control hazing rituals or, abusive commanders is not unusual; Russian society at-large leans back on the old, 'it'll toughen them up' response, if your grandfathers dealt with the Nazis and your ancestors dealt with Napoleon, you better handle whatever is thrown at you. Roll Eyes

Professionalism as we know it, doesn't really exist over there. For Russia, professionalism is seen as doing everything you're told, making sure you follow the plan exactly and file your reports in a timely manor. Its a highly bureaucratic system, left-overs from the centralized planning days of the Soviets. Having an actively engaged NCO corps means certain decision making is out of the hands of the officers, which is a no-no in a centralized organization. This results in senior enlisted having a very cynical, negative and hard-bitten attitude, which gets manifested into abuse, theft, and other illegal activity.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:

And we were constantly told they are a "near peer." Roll Eyes

Posts: 13298 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Web Clavin Extraordinaire
Picture of Oat_Action_Man
posted Hide Post
Grenade drop from a drone through the sunroof of a car. Extraordinary!

That's gotta be a world of suck to be in that car.

----------------------------

Chuck Norris put the laughter in "manslaughter"

Educating the youth of America, one declension at a time.

Posts: 19837 | Location: SE PA | Registered: January 12, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official Space Nerd
Picture of Hound Dog
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:

And we were constantly told they are a "near peer." Roll Eyes

Well, we will never know how World War 3 in the German Fulda Gap in the 1980s would have turned out. It is unknowable. However, based on the Russian experience in Ukraine, it might not have been the 'too close to call' scenario we all thought.

Yes, we always knew the Soviets had no real professional NCO corps. Officers did everything, based on strict planning doctrine they were NOT allowed to deviate from (I read how one Soviet officer complained about the US that we don't follow our own doctrine in war games, so it's impossible to train against us). They had some really impressive hardware, though they never were able to match the technological sophistication of the West tank for tank, aircraft for aircraft, ship for ship, etc. Here is where Stalin's "quantity is a quality of its own" mantra came into play. Sure, and F-15 was better than a MiG-23, but the Sovs had 5 -23s for every -15 we had, and a dozen MiG-21s for every F-16. They could flood the battlefield with tanks and infantry, and the US would have been hard-pressed to match them, since we had to re-supply across the Atlantic.

I thought Clancy did a great job with this scenario in his book "Red Storm Rising." There are too many variable to know how accurate that book was, and it's also impossible to extrapolate directly from Russia's performance in Ukraine to see how the Reds would have done in Europe in the 1980s.

Russia is a shadow of the USSR; they simply don't have the manpower they had in the 1980s.

Fear God and Dread Nought
Admiral of the Fleet Sir Jacky Fisher

Posts: 21923 | Location: Hobbiton, The Shire, Middle Earth | Registered: September 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
U.S. intel helped Ukraine sink Russian flagship Moskva, officials say

https://www.nbcnews.com/politi...icials-say-rcna27559

Intelligence shared by the U.S. helped Ukraine sink the Russian cruiser Moskva, U.S. officials told NBC News, confirming an American role in perhaps the most embarrassing blow to Vladimir Putin’s troubled invasion of Ukraine.

More at link

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Google “Ukraine” right now and every news source shows this a variation of this header:

“ U.S. Intelligence Is Helping Ukraine Kill Russian Generals, Officials Say”

Why on earth would anyone put this information out there?

https://thehill.com/policy/def...generals-report/amp/
Here's Congressman Seth Moulton from Massachusetts, an ex-military person, telling everyone willing to listen the lie out loud. I've been highly skeptical of this BS to date, and with these comments, along with others by the morons and retards in this administration, I now adamantly oppose any and all continuing money or military aid to Ukraine. This has nothing to do with Ukraine and everything to do with a limp dick, drooling moron, and his flaccid administration playing with fire and potentially screwing all of us in the long run.

Can't post the video so hit the following link and go to the 6:00 mark.

Link

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post