SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 ... 193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:

He may go down as the worst president the US ever had.

"May"? Seriously?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have 5 on order....

SigForum Group Buy ?
If they're like the one pictured a couple pages back, I'm in! Big Grin

Posts: 10061 | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Yes Balzé we’ve had worse presidents. FDR fucked this country up more than Brandon but the potato still has more time to go. So far Brandon has yet to accomplish any major legislative wins so his legacy is just being the king of bad decisions. That can more or less be undone by the next president. Other presidents have left a far worse legacy. Though the idiot still has time to find more ways to fuck up which is why I wrote “may”.

It really just feels like a less articulate, slightly retarded third term for Obama. Probably because he isn’t smooth enough to talk his way out of his fuck ups the media struggles to support him without looking more foolish and dishonest than they already appear.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21224 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
I don’t watch any news shows, but Tucker nailed it in the video above.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4015 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Balzé we’ve had worse presidents. FDR fucked this country up more than Brandon but the potato still has more time to go. So far Brandon has yet to accomplish any major legislative wins so his legacy is just being the king of bad decisions.

Yep. FDR was smart. LBJ was cunning.
Both were worse than FJB (so far).

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Shaql
posted Hide Post
quote:

Jimmy Carter doin' his happy dance because he's not been discussed....

Hedley Lamarr: Wait, wait, wait. I'm unarmed.
Bart: Alright, we'll settle this like men, with our fists.
Hedley Lamarr: Sorry, I just remembered . . . I am armed.

Posts: 6897 | Location: Atlanta | Registered: April 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Graniteguy:
We are not providing fighter jets to Ukraine.

We are sending them to Poland. If Poland feels the need to "backfill" what THEY are sending to Ukraine with the fighter jets we gave THEM, they have the green light to do so.

Gotta love politicians.

Hopefully Poland knows what we are doing here.

And yet the Poles say they are not….

On Sunday, the chancellery of the Polish prime minister, Mateusz Morawiecki, dismissed reports that it would transfer the jets. "Poland won't send its fighter jets to #Ukraine as well as allow to use its airports," the chancellery's official account tweeted. "We significantly help in many other areas."

https://www.newsweek.com/us-pr...putin-threat-1685380

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/f...ukraine-poland-deal/

Don’t believe anything this administration says. Because they are lying.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11468 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
Yes Balzé we’ve had worse presidents. FDR fucked this country up more than Brandon but the potato still has more time to go. So far Brandon has yet to accomplish any major legislative wins so his legacy is just being the king of bad decisions.

I suppose it depends on what metric you're using. Those men were at least competent. Could you imagine Joe Biden in office when WWII broke out?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
We'll see how long people yeehaw this after gas shoots to $10 per gallon. I may be in the minority now, but if we're not ramping up domestic production immediately, I am not onboard with crushing our economy just to stick it to Putin to aid some country that two weeks ago no one here gave two shits about.

Meanwhile all these virtue signaling celebrities are out there proclaiming how willing they are to "sacrifice" for Ukraine. Kiss my ass. They will sacrifice nothing.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
I hope Resident Potato prefaced that with, "This is gonna hurt us more than it hurts you." What a walking, talking, bumbling, dimentia-riddled, doddering old FOOL!! Mad Mad

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of 98XJRC
posted Hide Post
I'm not against cutting of the Russian imports, however to do so without ramping up domestic production and ensuring alternative sources that don't want to see our country fail is beyond short sighted and insane.

While it will have an effect on Russia he is doing more harm domestically then abroad. We are watching an even larger self implosion of the economy then we saw during the early stages of Covid.

Posts: 783 | Location: PA  | Registered: December 05, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
The only thing cutting the Russian importation of oil into the US will do will to be to appease self-righteous liberals, further drive up the price of gasoline in the US and lower the price for the communist Chinese and anyone else who continues to buy oil from Russia. Longer term it will help facilitate the world abandoning the use of the US dollar as the world’s reserve currency. Oil is transacted, for the most part, in dollars. Remember what Obama said about Biden?

Trying to get anyone in the current administration/liberals to see past the ends of their noses is an exercise in futility.

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4015 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Anyone else getting tired of Zelensky whining about the West not setting off a no-fly zone or cutting off Russia’s oil and energy experts. I get that his job is to to what he can for his country, and I hope that the Ukrainians make Putin and the Russian troops pay dearly, but someone needs to take him aside and say “Look Chief, the West isn’t going to trigger a global war that possibly goes nuclear just to save your little country. If you don’t like what we’re doing for you, you don’t have to accept any of the weapons and other aid we’re sending you for free.”

Posts: 3415 | Location: South FL | Registered: February 09, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In an interview with Reuters, Kremlin spokesman Dmitry Peskov said that Russia would be willing to halt military operations if, in addition to stopping its own military action, the government of Ukraine agrees to its terms:

-- change its constitution to enshrine neutrality between Russia and the West into law
-- acknowledge Crimea as belonging to Russia
-- recognize the separatist regions of Donetsk and Luhansk as independent states.

Peskov said that Russia's terms had been laid out and handed over to the Ukrainian delegation during the first two rounds of negotiations between the two countries last week.

Notice there is no mention of Zelensky stepping down nor the resignation of his government and the call for Jimmy Carter-monitored elections to install Putin puppets. That, plus the more salient fact of the announcement itself as confirmation of what we all suspected, in that Putin bit off way more than he could chew in trying to conquer all of the Ukraine in one fell swoop. Of course there are no promises of Russia acknowledging the territorial integrity and statehood of the remainder of Ukraine, not that they'd be worth the paper they're written on, and no guarantees that Putin would not gobble up Donetsk and Luhansk or rig a Dao-Min Yen plebiscite calling for anschluss with Russia some time in the future.

But all that said, the combination of Ukrainian resolve and apparent top down Russian military incompetence was not an outcome he entertained when he threw what he thought were rigged dice. And now his neck is on the line along with the oligarchs who have lost billions already and stand to lose billions more the longer this thing drags on. I don't think Zelensky at this point has any choice but to accept these terms as, while Putin may not nuke Kyev in a fit of pique, he would have no qualms about massive artillery barrages pulverizing the already battered capital city, and other cities. But a) does Putin have the guns and ammo to do it and b) will the continued squeeze on the oligarchs and the Russian economy be too much to bear and result in his ouster?

And what if Zelensky is thinking that as well? Yes, the world is hot and horny to portray this guy as a hero but would he actually allow even more bloodshed and destruction of his own people and nation in order to see Putin removed because he's an existential threat or worse, out of a personal vendetta? Forget the media image; Zelensky's a man, not a saint.

http://ace.mu.nu/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24610 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:
Anyone else getting tired of Zelensky whining about the West not setting off a no-fly zone or cutting off Russia’s oil and energy experts. I get that his job is to to what he can for his country, and I hope that the Ukrainians make Putin and the Russian troops pay dearly, but someone needs to take him aside and say “Look Chief, the West isn’t going to trigger a global war that possibly goes nuclear just to save your little country. If you don’t like what we’re doing for you, you don’t have to accept any of the weapons and other aid we’re sending you for free.”

Sounds a little contradictory > if you get what his job is then why wouldn't he do those things?
Don't think he is talking to you .
He's in a bad place and doing the best he can.

quote:
someone needs to take him aside and say “Look Chief, the West isn’t going to trigger a global war that possibly goes nuclear just to save your little country.

Well that remains to be see, the "West" already has some blame and it's not just PUTIN=BAD.

Posts: 23214 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dwill104:

Not at all, and he is hardly whining. His "little country" is a Democracy the size of Texas with a population of 44 million, the civilian population of which is taking what appear to be deliberate hits. If one superpower wants to invade a sovereign country unprovoked, I have no problems with NATO or us stepping up and doing the right thing. What the right thing is I'll leave to the diplomatic, political and military professionals, but as far as I'm concerned a no fly zone is hardly a huge commitment and nothing like sending in land forces or naval assets.

We still have the principle of Mutually Assured Destruction preventing an all out nuclear exchange, assuming Putin is sane. And I'm more than willing to pay higher gas prices if it means choking off the Russians; at my age and physical condition is about all I can do to support the Ukranian freedom effort.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
quote:
What the right thing is I'll leave to the diplomatic, political and military professionals, but as far as I'm concerned a no fly zone is hardly a huge commitment and nothing like sending in land forces or naval assets.
Seen any of those in this administration lately?

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6368 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by kidcop:
I have no problems with NATO or us stepping up and doing the right thing. What the right thing is I'll leave to the diplomatic, political and military professionals, but as far as I'm concerned a no fly zone is hardly a huge commitment and nothing like sending in land forces or naval assets.
Yes, it is a huge commitment.

As has been noted several times: The first time a Russian plane is shot down for violating the no-fly zone it'll be game on. You think the fallout from Russian energy and fertilizer production, and Ukrainian agricultural output will be felt? Just see what happens to the world economy if the conflict is escalated to Russia and its allies vs. the West.

Even lacking nuclear exchanges it would be severe.

quote:
We still have the principle of Mutually Assured Destruction preventing an all out nuclear exchange, assuming Putin is sane.
Remember para's "What is the most dangerous thing in the world?" caution? That's the direction Putin is headed.

He has to "succeed" in Ukraine and he knows it.

quote:
And I'm more than willing to pay higher gas prices if it means choking off the Russians; ...
As am I, but for a different reason: I'm more than willing to take the hit if it can possibly stave-off a Russian/West all-out military confrontation--nukes or no nukes.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I cannot fault Zelenski for his rhetoric. If I were in his shoes I’d probably be acting the same way in doing everything I could to get outside help for my country and it’s people.

I don’t understand how someone can say they want to rule over an area while at the same time using its military might to kill civilians and destroy high rise buildings. The optics of that don’t make any sense.

This is all a great example for why you shouldn’t project weakness and progressive bullshit feel good hypocrisy. Historians will point to the Afghanistan withdrawal as the point at which the wheels fell off his fraudulency’s presidency.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21224 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
He has to "succeed" in Ukraine and he knows it.

Which is precisely why we and Europe as a whole need to put a stop to it right now.

Posts: 632 | Registered: June 11, 2018Reply With QuoteReport This Post