SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 ... 192
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Shorted to Atmosphere
Picture of Shifferbrains
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5201 | Location: Manteca, CA | Registered: May 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
Roll Eyes

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
That guy on the right is an embarrassment to the state of Texas.
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
From what I've been reading there are more than enough leases already. They're not using them because, at the current prices for oil, they're simply not worth it.

Oil was going for $124+ a barrel tonight.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
That guy on the right is an embarrassment to the state of Texas.
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
From what I've been reading there are more than enough leases already. They're not using them because, at the current prices for oil, they're simply not worth it.

Oil was going for $124+ a barrel tonight.
My bad. You quoted ensigs response to gearhounds post. Smart phone posting here.. Wink

Posts: 17943 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
Meanwhile, instead of making the US an exporter again, Biden is talking to Venezuela and the Saudis about buying. THAT should drive gas prices down Roll Eyes

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15693 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
Meanwhile, instead of making the US an exporter again, Biden is talking to Venezuela and the Saudis about buying. THAT should drive gas prices down Roll Eyes

I read that this morning.
Kinda surprised about Venezuela, I thought Moduro
was a big enemy not long ago.

Posts: 1182 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thought he was also negotiating to buy Iranian oil as well. Incredible.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30559 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
The Ukrainians are better at the propaganda war than the Russians... and she does have nice guns.

What Ukraine could teach America
By Christopher Skeet

Whatever the outcome of the Ukrainian War for Independence is, the folkloric actions of its leaders are already cementing themselves as legend in the next pages of history. The epicenter of what actual adult leadership looks like has coalesced around Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy who, whatever his vices were prior to the invasion, has shown his true character by standing, in the literal sense, shoulder to shoulder with his fellow citizens in the battle-scarred streets of Kiev. When offered a coward’s evacuation by the American architects of our unconditional surrender in Afghanistan, Zelenskyy famously replied, “I need ammunition, not a ride”.

Meanwhile, on our socially distanced shores, it was Applesauce Hour at the White House, where Joe Biden was led meanderingly from the activity hall bingo tournament to a microphone to address a roomful of sycophants we still quaintly refer to as “journalists”. There, he promised to hit Russia with the roughest toughest sanctions y’all have ever seen, man. He then took the opportunity, during the biggest foreign policy crisis in decades, to spend the weekend…meeting with intelligence officials? Strategizing with NATO allies? Nope, he was whisked away to Delaware, where he was allowed to play in the tub with his favorite bath toy Duckie.

Back in Ukraine, Zelenskyy is far from alone in his devotion to duty. Kiev mayor Vitali Klitschko has also chosen to stay and fight for his city and country. “We’re ready to fight and ready to die”, he recently told Anderson Cooper, who couldn’t muster the discipline to at least nod along in feigned comprehension rather than maintain his scowl of half-confusion, half-contempt for a concept so antiquated as patriotism. Does any American honestly believe that Washington, D.C. mayor Muriel Bowser would exhibit courage like this if Russian tanks were rolling through? Or Ted Wheeler? Or Jacob Frey?

Members of Ukraine’s parliament are also staying behind, arming themselves with weapons and joining the fight. They’re fighting with AK-47s against battalions of tanks, artillery, and missiles. Compare their courage to the security detail-surrounded flight of our congresspeople and senators during the January 6th “insurrection”. When confronted with a trespassing bunch of rowdy, selfie-taking morons, every single one of which was unarmed, the tapeworms we’ve elected couldn’t find wheelchair-bound invalids old enough to avoid trampling in their stampede for the nuclear bunkers until the “insurrection” was quelled and the city delivered. The Praetorian Guard manned the Capitol fences for nearly a year thereafter, and the January 6th “anniversary” brought a mixture of solemn reflection and media-driven Do you remember where you were when… scripted artificiality that Ed Wood would have dismissed as too unbelievable.

Ukrainian celebrities don’t hide behind hashtags. Former Miss Ukraine Anastasia Lenna has armed herself and joined the front lines, posting, “Everyone who crosses the Ukrainian border with the intent to invade will be killed!”
https://nypost.com/2022/02/26/...st-russian-invasion/

Ukrainian champion boxer Vasiliy Lomachenko has likewise taken up arms against the invaders. Guitarist Andriy Khlyvnyuk from the Ukrainian band Boombox did so as well, stating, “Now it’s not time for playing guitars It’s time to take the rifles”.

I would never expect Beyonce or the middle-aged children of Green Day to exhibit this type of dedication to anything other than themselves. Still, I’m a bit surprised that Hollywood hasn’t even bothered with the obligatory “Imagine” sing-a-long. Rather, Joy Behar whines that all this Ukraine claptrap is putting a dent in her vacation plans for Italy.

Brave Ukrainians are being joined by brave Russians, thousands of whom face years in jail for peacefully protesting against the war. In an act of defiance against the Russian government's increasingly draconian crackdown on media outlets who don't tow the party line, every staffer publicly walked off the set of the Russian news station Dozhd. Meanwhile, our own "news" organizations obediently run interference for Biden with tough, uncomfortable questions about ice cream preferences, while behind the scenes the Zuckerbergs and Dorseys are only too happy to outright censor anti-establishment criticisms. They're aided not grudgingly, but eagerly, by cubicle row upon cubicle row of petty, resentful little tyrants masquerading as "fact checkers".

Ukrainian social media influencer Nastya Tuman posts videos on how to commandeer abandoned armored vehicles. What are American social media influencers posting videos about? How turpentine enhances the flavor of Tide-pods?

The crack reporters at CBS worry about how the war will affect not Ukrainian children, but rather the transgender adults. Fiction writer Nikole Hannah-Jones-Raggedy-Ann bemoans the “racialized” coverage of the war in Ukraine. And John Kerry limped, dead last in the Obscurity Olympics, across the finish line with a groveling plea to Putin that, as he pounds Ukraine to rubble, to please make it a priority to “stay on track with respect to what we need to do for the climate”.

We’re witnessing Ukraine’s leaders, parliamentarians, celebrities, outgunned soldiers, and scores of civilian men and women take up arms to defend their country. Ukrainian fathers are sending their sobbing children away on trains, while they themselves stay back to defend their homes with their bare hands. Ukrainian women fight alongside them and are living examples to our sanctimonious Handmaid’s Tale cosplayers as to what real feminism looks like.

Oh, and they’re doing it without N95 face diapers.

I’m not suggesting here that Americans wouldn’t act heroically in the face of foreign military invasion. I also don’t think such bravery would be limited to “conservative” Americans, and I’m willing to wager that traditionally “liberal” (not Left) Americans would join the fight in larger numbers than we’d give them credit for. But we continue to suffer from the self-inflicted wounds of horrible leadership, which in turn can only exist in a culture that has been thoroughly corrupted beforehand.

A recent Pew Research Poll showed that only 68% of Americans have confidence in our military (read: military leadership, not the rank-and-file soldiery). After the Afghan humiliation and our generals’ obsession with wokeness, I’m surprised the number is that high. After General “Hundred Medals” Milley handed the Taliban $80 billion in weaponry, thirteen American corpses, and a propaganda victory too valuable to price, he was publicly criticized by one military officer. One.

The same poll shows that levels of trust continue to fall for our medical institutions, our public schools, our media, and, of course, our politicians. These once-noble institutions are now unabashed mouthpieces for the Groupthink Left, as is evident by their despicable responses to the Ukraine crisis.

I don’t know all the reasons why Ukrainians muster the national resolve that we can’t. Maybe it’s because the constant threat of a looming Russia gave them common purpose. Maybe it’s because Ukraine is a smaller country. Whatever the reasons, there was a time when America felt the same level of devotion and loyalty from her citizenry that Ukraine does now. But not anymore.

We don’t have to let our self-proclaimed elite dictate our culture to us. We can shape that ourselves and force the slow trickle of change upward. But we have to live it, not just preach it. We American conservatives like to talk a big game about how many scalps we’d take in the event of either a foreign invasion or a civil war. That's great, but right now America doesn't need battlefield heroics. America needs living examples of patriotic, religious citizens, doing the day in, day out, decades-long thankless work of reclaiming our culture through the examples we set in living our lives, raising our children, and interacting with our communities. And in the event that we ever need to rise as one nation against enemies foreign or domestic, we can proudly follow in the footsteps the Ukrainians are now walking.

https://www.americanthinker.co...d_teach_america.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24279 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I think it's just terrible how unfairly the Ukrainians are treating these undocumented Russian workers.

Posts: 21174 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...ukraine-weapons.html

In less than a week, the United States and NATO have pushed more than 17,000 antitank weapons, including Javelin missiles, over the borders of Poland and Romania, unloading them from giant military cargo planes so they can make the trip by land to Kyiv, the Ukrainian capital, and other major cities. So far, Russian forces have been so preoccupied in other parts of the country that they have not targeted the arms supply lines, but few think that can last.

But those are only the most visible contributions. Hidden away on bases around Eastern Europe, forces from United States Cyber Command known as “cybermission teams” are in place to interfere with Russia’s digital attacks and communications — but measuring their success rate is difficult, officials say.

In Washington and Germany, intelligence officials race to merge satellite photographs with electronic intercepts of Russian military units, strip them of hints of how they were gathered, and beam them to Ukrainian military units within an hour or two.

Posts: 19661 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
dewhorse, I have a Russian friend who claims "There's still quite strong support of Russian troops even in Kharkiv. People who are dying because of Russian bombs do support them."

Meanwhile we know that, despite Putin's army's best efforts: Kharkiv remains in Ukrainian control. (Last we knew, anyway.)

So what's the story, there?

And, if you don't mind my asking: Is your family primarily of Ukrainian or Russian descent? (I realize the line between the two ranges from very narrow to non-existent.)

Thanks!

They are a mix but up until this shit show were primarily Russia supporters....not so much now

Yes, the UA army ...and a mixture of Azoz and Aidar groups still hold Kharkiv proper. The Russians are hitting anywhere they think the UA army is and wife's neighborhood is getting hit daily as it is the defacto front line.

The rumor (or the feeling of the folks in the city) is that the city probably would fallen by now if it was not for the Azoz / Aidar nazis.

I will say the Russians screwed up, I believe they thought Kharkiv would fall quickly and did not send their A troops, there are way too many reports of conscripts being used as front line canon fodder.

I have received reports from family that they are seeing UA Grads being fired from apartment blocks as well as UA units parking in the middle of the older apartment blocks downtown.

This may be why the target list seems to be expanding.

Most of my family is heading west, except for my SIL who with her family is 100km SE of Kharkiv at a cousin's farm.

Still trying to convince her to head east during the cease fires ...such as they are.

Plan is to meet them in Belgorod as they have very little cash and get them to Poland via Belarus.

Working on getting a Russian visa at the moment.

Need to find out if the trains are still running from Finland or not....

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
In the yahd, not too
fah from the cah
Picture of ryan81986
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure the gun miss Ukraine is holding is an airsoft gun.

Posts: 6380 | Location: Just outside of Boston | Registered: March 28, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Shifferbrains:
[FLASH_VIDEO]<iframe frameborder="0" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8dQQgv-nVUY" title="YouTube video player" width="560"></iframe>[/FLASH_VIDEO]

This fellow is a devout Communist, I have listened to him a couple times of the last couple of days and his reporting may be true....or may not be...just like so much of the reporting we are getting you have to ask who they work for.

Posts: 8301 | Location: Back in NE TX ....to stay | Registered: February 12, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
It won't be that idiot Biden that gets us into WWIII. Or, looked at another way: If it is, he's already done it.

Two concerning developments w/in the larger framework of the whole thing:

quote:

Monday, March 07, 2022
In Ukraine, We Enter a More Brutal Stage

For the Russians, the chance for a quick victory faded early on in the war when they failed to keep Antonov Airport airport in Kyiv after their air assault on 24 FEB 22 and the Ukrainians responded with unexpected resolve. Ukraine was not the nation and army the Russians faced in 2014.

However, even with the logistics nightmare, convoy issues, and the now well-meme'd farmers-stealing-abandoned-armor appearance of a rough time so far, the Russian continue to take ground. Slowly and steadily they advance.

They've bypassed most of the major urban centers in the classic "bypass and haul ass" operational scheme of maneuver, but now they need to clean up their lines and their rear. That means we are entering a new phase - taking the urban centers.

What can we expect in this phase? Well, the Russians have a track record here.
And it's a brutal one. Full article: cdr salamander

quote:

Lithuania calls for 'forward defense'

Lithuanian President Gitanas Nauseda told US Secretary of State Antony Blinken that a policy of deterrence was no longer enough, adding that "forward defense" was now needed.

Nauseda predicted that "Putin will not stop in Ukraine if he will not be stopped. It is our collective duty as a nation to help all Ukrainians with all means available. By saying all, I mean, indeed all means, if we want to avoid the Third World War. The choice is in our hands."
Full article at Ukraine rejects humanitarian corridors that lead to Russia — live updates

It had occurred to me the Baltic NATO members, and possibly Poland, might finally think "Enough is enough. To hell with Article 5" and jump in. Then I thought "If I suggest that, people are gonna think I'm nuts."

Yeah... maybe not?

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by dewhorse:
This fellow is a devout Communist,

Yep. And he admits to being a pro-Russian member of a terrorist organization. I'll take what he has to say to the bank. Roll Eyes

Posts: 20217 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
The spring planting season for wheat, barley and other crops in The Breadbasket Of The World may not even happen this year because of this war. Eek

Now in addition to skyrocketing gas, get ready to see your bread and beer and pizza and everything else touching wheat and barley go skyrocketing up this year.

Posts: 34085 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
quote:
Now the US is considering a ban on Russian oil imports; they’d damn sure better start siding leases to pump at home or the price hikes we’re seeing now will pale by comparison to what we’ll soon be seeing.

Dunno.

I've read only 3% of our oil is from Russia. So...?

Again: Dunno.

With the US considering banning russian oil imports, it's Biden making the US lead the world from behind.

With regards to the current prices for oil not being worth it for US companies to pump out more oil, the US in short relative time became a net exporter of petroleum energy under Trump and the price back then was $45 a barrel before Covid killed demand and suppliers had to pay people to take their oil. What's more likely is that the Biden administration has made it more difficult to get new drilling leases which means suppliers are looking at an indeterminate probability of replenishing their supplies. If you're looking at a limited supply of your resources (think of it the same way as a finite limited supply of ammo in your magazine, you are hesitant to use up all your supplies all at once. If they sell all all that they can pump at $140 a barrel today and they run out, they'll miss out when oil becomes $200 a barrel tomorrow.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19806 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:
The spring planting season for wheat, barley and other crops in The Breadbasket Of The World may not even happen this year because of this war. Eek

Now in addition to skyrocketing gas, get ready to see your bread and beer and pizza and everything else touching wheat and barley go skyrocketing up this year.
Its always enjoyable to see how we get ahead of the gloom by predicting it. I love that so much, I just can't describe it. Really fucking love it.

Let's have some more of that. The worse, the better. Throw some dying puppies in there, shit like that.

Posts: 108120 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Telecom Ronin
Picture of dewhorse
posted Hide Post
deleted post....I've been a bit of a negative Nancy lately

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
OK, fertilizer. Good. What else? What else can you guys tell us is going to get bad or be in short supply or what the fuck ever?

Come on, don't be shy. I love that shit so much, I can't get enough. Come on, step up. Tell us all about the gloom and doom and how everything's going to get worse. You guys can't wait and see what happens, you have to predict this shit, so, have it. Go ahead.

Matter of fact, let's just put a halt to this thread until we get plenty of these predictions of disaster-to-come.

Go ahead, guys. Dump that shit on this page. Everyone wants to see it.

Posts: 108120 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post