SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China?
Page 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 ... 193
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Is that idiot Biden gonna get us in a war with Russia or China? Login/Join 
Power is nothing
without control
posted Hide Post
I got one for ya: apparently Ukraine was the source of about 40% of the worlds Neon gas production. One of the big industrial uses is lithography systems for computer chips. So, chip shortage may stick around for a while longer.

- Bret

Posts: 2476 | Location: OH | Registered: March 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I hope I've made myself clear. This goes for any thread in this forum. Think carefully before you post negative predictions. You could be wrong, and then all you've done is bring people down.

Let events speak for themselves, please.

The thread can proceed.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Ukraine kills another Russian general

https://hotair.com/allahpundit...sian-general-n453624

It’s their second in a week. On February 28, Maj. Gen. Andrei Sukhovetsky was killed by a sniper. He was the commander of Russia’s 7th Airborne Division and deputy commander of the 41st Army.

Today Ukrainian forces killed the 41st Army’s chief of staff.

A caution on the name here, which may sound familiar. This isn’t the Gen. Gerasimov who serves as military chief of staff to Putin and was recently seen meeting with him on camera. That’s Valery Gerasimov, who’s almost certainly nowhere near the front lines or even inside Ukraine. The KIA is Vitaly Gerasimov, still a big fish

Gerasimov was killed near Kharkiv. Because it’s close to the Russian border and has many ethnic Russians among its population, Kharkiv was a city which Putin probably assumed would switch sides quickly once Russia invaded. If the military was going to receive the “greeted as liberators” treatment anywhere in Ukraine, Kharkiv seemed like a likely possibility.

several videos at link

Putin: “Conscripted soldiers are not participating and will not participate in the fighting. There will not be an additional conscription of reservists either,” Putin said in a televised address marking International Women’s Day on March 8.

“The fixed objectives are only carried out by professional servicemen. I am sure they are guaranteeing security and peace for the Russian people in an effective manner,”

Russian propaganda can pacify the public for only so long before the state has to explain to worried mothers why their sons haven’t returned from their tour of duty yet.

one more detail from the killing of Gerasimov. How did knowledge of his death become public so quickly? Answer: Because Russia’s logistical quagmire extends even to communications with HQ.

In the phone call in which the FSB officer assigned to the 41st Army reports the death to his boss in Tula, he says they've lost all secure communications. Thus the phone call using a local sim card. Thus the intercept.

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ryan81986:
Pretty sure the gun miss Ukraine is holding is an airsoft gun.

It is. Her public instagram shows her posing with that gun at an Airsoft "combat range" earlier.

It's propaganda. The Ukrainians are trying to turn this into the Battle of Stalingrad. They fight the invaders, whose supply lines are strained, with stories of heroic snipers killing enemy Generals, and brave leaders willing to give their lives.

Today I saw a story of captured Russians soldiers that said they were told Ukraine had been taken over by Nazi's and they were going to liberate it, only to learn they were lied to and now are guilty of war crimes and willing to take whatever sentence they are given when it is over.

Who knows what is real and what isn't? I know that's an airsoft gun though.

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:

It is. Her public instagram shows her posing with that gun at an Airsoft "combat range" earlier.

It's propaganda. The Ukrainians are trying to turn this into the Battle of Stalingrad. They fight the invaders, whose supply lines are strained, with stories of heroic snipers killing enemy Generals, and brave leaders willing to give their lives.

Today I saw a story of captured Russians soldiers that said they were told Ukraine had been taken over by Nazi's and they were going to liberate it, only to learn they were lied to and now are guilty of war crimes and willing to take whatever sentence they are given when it is over.

Ok so it’s an airsoft gun, who cares?

Do you think the purpose of the photograph was to show off her AR or motivate fellow Ukrainians?

In WWII was Rosie the Riveter really that jacked in her arms and that hot looking?

Or was it to motivate American women to the war effort?

Glad it’s airsoft, now I know.

Posts: 2845 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would have never guessed. I see rifles with pink/mauve red dots on them all the time. Big Grin

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
and let's not forget the flag raising on Mt Suribachi was 'recreated' for the cameras

(though not exactly staged -- there had already been a flag raising before the iconic image was taken)

Proverbs 27:17 - As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.

Posts: 8940 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 20, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
You guys do know that Miss Ukraine has been an airsoft competitor for years, and that's how she came to be photographed at an airsoft range, right?

http://www.dailywire.com/news/...fe-just-on-wednesday

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
You guys do know that Miss Ukraine has been an airsoft competitor for years, and that's how she came to be photographed at an airsoft range, right?

Seriously, how in the hell would anyone here just know that?

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30926 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ukraine kills another Russian general...

Damn, these guys got more Generals then a Star Wars finale battle.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Second general in as many weeks....wow. These guys exposing themselves is a reflection of their own unit's readiness issues.

Posts: 15069 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
It's a trap! Wait, that was an Admiral.

Posts: 11662 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
Ukraine kills another Russian general...

Damn, these guys got more Generals then a Star Wars finale battle.

Yeah, but our Air Force has them beat...

"I, however, place economy among the first and most important republican virtues, and public debt as the greatest of the dangers to be feared." Thomas Jefferson

Posts: 1543 | Location: Hartford, AL | Registered: April 05, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post

Fact.

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44480 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by spunk639:
quote:
Originally posted by Lefty Sig:
quote:

Ok so it’s an airsoft gun, who cares?

Do you think the purpose of the photograph was to show off her AR or motivate fellow Ukrainians?

In WWII was Rosie the Riveter really that jacked in her arms and that hot looking?

Or was it to motivate American women to the war effort?

Glad it’s airsoft, now I know.
The beauty queen is all but irrelevant. This incident is just indicative of the bigger issue, which is we can't really rely on anything the media or governments are promoting right now out of Ukraine. The BS is flying fast and furious and I've reached a point where I'm simply tuning virtually all of it out.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Because the article with the photograph popped up days ago and she speaks of being into airsoft in the text of the article.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Left-Handed,
NOT Left-Winged!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Il Cattivo:
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Because the article with the photograph popped up days ago and she speaks of being into airsoft in the text of the article.

Because this:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVkCDbVLrJJ/

Легендарной страйкбольной Арене осталось жить 2 недели!
Это не шутка!
Наша любимая Арена CQB в Киеве закрывается.

Успей поиграть и получить максимум эмоций вместе!
Ссылка регистрации в шапке профиля @strikeball_corsairs_kiev

ПЯТНИЦА "АРЕНА" 29.10

strikeball airsoft airsoftgun airsoftgirl airsoftgirls airsoftlove airsoftworld airsoftnation airsoftworldwide

(hashtags removed)

Posts: 4931 | Location: Indiana | Registered: December 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Posts: 13100 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Feels a bit like the lend lease program from WWII all over again.

I get that they are eager to see how American material will stack up against Russia but it does have the potential to escalate things.

With the potato’s polling numbers in the toilet I suppose nothing is off the table. He may go down as the worst president the US ever had.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21225 | Location: San Dimas CA, The Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State.  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We are not providing fighter jets to Ukraine.

We are sending them to Poland. If Poland feels the need to "backfill" what THEY are sending to Ukraine with the fighter jets we gave THEM, they have the green light to do so.

Gotta love politicians.

Hopefully Poland knows what we are doing here.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post