SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Pence turned out to be a real bastard didn't he?

I disagree. I think Pence did what he thought was right. He did not have the authority to overturn the election.
That I believe was lack of knowledge on President Trump. Is Pence not all in on the J6 scam? That shows his true colors.

Posts: 17943 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I'm hoping for a Trump - Gaetz ticket. I would lose my awesome representative, but America may need him more.

Posts: 707 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ogie:
quote:
Pence turned out to be a real bastard didn't he?

I disagree. I think Pence did what he thought was right. He did not have the authority to overturn the election.

Maybe he did what he thought was right. I won't argue that point. But, no one said he had the unilateral authority to overturn the election.

He DID have the authority to accept alternate delegates from the contested states. If he accepted that there were competing slates of electors from some states, he would not have been able to certify a fair and completed election. That would have forced it back to those states to determine which set of electors was more legitimate. It would have meant those states would have had to look at the evidence. It would have dragged out the process another month or two, but that would have been the proper procedure.

IMO, Pence cowered from his duty.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Pale Horse:
I hope DeSantis sits out 2024. As a Florida resident I hope he doesn’t even accept a VP nomination. I think Trump winning in 2024 would be even better for this country than him winning in 2020, and I think he has the money, the power and the influence to organize the right so that we play the same games as the left (without the fraud) in order to make sure votes are counted correctly.

I agree, but Trump needs to quit going out of his way to attack DeSantis. DeSantis has a very loyal following in FL & his popularity is growing in other states. Trump can't win in 2024 without FL, so he needs to stop pissing off DeSantis supporters, or we'll end up with a whole bunch of Republican "anybody but Trump" voters.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:
I agree, but Trump needs to quit going out of his way to attack DeSantis. DeSantis has a very loyal following in FL & his popularity is growing in other states. Trump can't win in 2024 without FL, so he needs to stop pissing off DeSantis supporters, or we'll end up with a whole bunch of Republican "anybody but Trump" voters.

Yep. The dems will be united in 2024 when it comes to voting for president, that's for sure. We need to stop fighting ourselves and stop giving the haters of America ammunition against us.

Posts: 13179 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:

I wish DeSantis would just remain Governer as he seems quite good for that State.
We won't have him as our governor for that much longer. A Florida governor may not serve for more than two consecutive terms, so he can not be re-elected in 2026.

There is no limit to how many terms a Florida governor may serve, but if DeSantis wants a third term, he will have to sit one out and then come back.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30920 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I thought this was an interesting analysis on President Trump's chances in 2024.

https://townhall.com/columnist...ion-victory-n2620864

-------------------------------
Inside every progressive is a totalitarian screaming to get out.
- David Horowitz

Posts: 5190 | Location: WI | Registered: July 02, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's the same old shit. If people like that were right, we would have a President Hillary Clinton.

Those who say that Donald Trump has no way of winning are not worth listening to, because they've already decided the issue, and they don't know what's going to happen anymore than anyone else.

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ "In order to recapture the presidency, Trump or DeSantis must win Arizona, Wisconsin, and Georgia. Winning two out of three might be an impressive feat, but it won’t result in a victory. Whoever the GOP candidate is must win them ALL."

Yup. I agree with that part of it. It's not that Trump can't win. He can. But it won't be easy for either Trump or DeSantis. Election fraud, especially in Arizona and Georgia, MUST be overcome. Burying our heads in the sand about what happened in 2020 doesn't help anyone.

Was Massive Vote Fraud Confirmed with a Fishtail?
By Joe Fried

Sometimes fraud is so far beyond the pale, so egregious, that it is difficult to accept that it happened. But evidence can be too blatant to explain away, especially when two totally different sources of information confirm the existence of the very same fraudulent activity. Such a convergence of evidence occurred in the 2020 election.

https://www.americanthinker.co...with_a_fishtail.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Here we go with the endless combinations of states. "The Republicans must win this state and that state unless they lose these other states, in which case they must win a Kewpie doll at the county fair, unless the Democrats cancel the fair, in which case the Republicans must win Freedonia and Kailassa, unless in the week of the election, Monday comes before Tuesday, in which case, sorry, the veal is sold out, but we have plenty of flounder."

No

one

knows

Pace yourselves. I end up having to say this very early on when it comes to presidential elections.

I find it utterly stultifying- these endless combinations of "win this, lose that". We might as well have Karl Rove in here with his fucking white board and marker. It would mean just as much as the rest of it.

Little ray
of sunshine
Picture of jhe888
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
quote:
Originally posted by Ironbutt:

Yep. The dems will be united in 2024 when it comes to voting for president, that's for sure. We need to stop fighting ourselves and stop giving the haters of America ammunition against us.

Since when have Dems been united?

The fish is mute, expressionless. The fish doesn't think because the fish knows everything.

Posts: 53145 | Location: Texas | Registered: February 10, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BMR:
I thought this was an interesting analysis on President Trump's chances in 2024.

https://townhall.com/columnist...ion-victory-n2620864

I didn’t make it last the headline. Wasn’t worth any time more than that. How many times did we hear those exact words in 2015 and 2016? Between print media, the morons yakking on TV and radio, and everyone else on down, I conservatively estimate that I had to have heard it a thousand times in about two years. He won 2020, we watched the steal happen live on this forum. He can absolutely has a path to general election victory, but that exact combination of words will again become a mantra, as you can take my word as a guarantee.

quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
[…]in which case the Republicans must win Freedonia[…]

Hail, hail Freedonia!

Posts: 17340 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jhe888:
Since when have Dems been united?

Have you gotten the impression yet that that's why the Dems have been trying to keep Trump in the news? They know by now that "orange bad" isn't going to win them more than a handful of independent votes and a thimbleful of RINO votes. They need an almost mythical enemy to rally themselves against.

Posts: 27295 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
It seems that yes, as I suspected, the Swamp is involved with DeSantis, which makes sense.

Also https://theconservativetreehou...ron-desantis-effort/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ If true, that's disappointing.

I still believe President Trump can be this country's savior, but he has to get into office first!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38857 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
The Trump campaign worked with Rove for his 2020 campaign. Does that make Trump part of the swamp too?

Of course not. In a presidential campaign friends become enemies and enemies become friends all the time. I judge the candidates on their actions and history, not on their alleged temporary allies. DeSantis has given me no reason to doubt him.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You guys look at your local "ten day" weather forecast, yes? A couple of things that are just about guaranteed with these shockingly poor predictions- first, if you pay close attention to these forecasts by checking them two or three times a day, you will notice how much they change on a semi-daily basis; secondly, and more importantly to my point- the farther out you go in the forecast- days 7, 8, 9 and 10, these predictions are usually wrong when those days arrive. Hell, sometimes, they can't get close to a correct forecast even four days out.

Everyone is here in March, 2023, checking the forecasts for next year or 18 months out. Well, guess what? This is the political equivalent of the bad meteorological forecasts we endure.

Pace yourselves. You'll know what the weather will be when we get there.

Where there's smoke,
there's fire!!
Picture of techguy
posted Hide Post
I’ve got to say I think I’m about done with Trump. I’m not saying I would not vote for him, I would if I had to. There is no way I could ever stomach voting for a democrat but Trumps mouth and ego just drives me nuts. He’s his own worst enemy, if he could keep his mouth shut he would probably still be president but he’s just not capable of doing that. He had a rally recently where he was making fun of and mocking DeSantis, I think people are getting tired of it. He’s fucking childish when it comes to his mouth and ego, constantly name calling, mockin etc etc. shut the fuck up already. Can’t freaking stay off social media to save his life. I’m hoping it’s DeSantis.

Posts: 1779 | Location: Kentucky | Registered: February 16, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
So, you're hoping it's DeSantis but if it's Trump you'll vote for him. How does this make you "done with him"?

Donald Trump tears the throats out of his political opponennts. He has been entirely consistent in this respect.

You need to ask yourself if you liked what he accomplished when he was in office, but it seems you're hung up on the campaigning

Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
The independents who swing the election would not vote for Trump, being disgusted with Biden and the stuttering idiocy of Harris the independents might well vote for DeSantis. We need to win the presidential election.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1578 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post