SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Wait, what?
Picture of gearhounds
posted Hide Post
I’d also love to see a Trump/DeSantis card, but not without finding an excellent, trustworthy replacement for the Florida governorship. Florida is critical in many ways to stave off leftist acquisition attacks and must stay red.

“Remember to get vaccinated or a vaccinated person might get sick from a virus they got vaccinated against because you’re not vaccinated.” - author unknown

Posts: 15580 | Location: Martinsburg WV | Registered: April 02, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by gearhounds:
I’d also love to see a Trump/DeSantis card, but not without finding an excellent, trustworthy replacement for the Florida governorship. Florida is critical in many ways to stave off leftist acquisition attacks and must stay red.

That's the dilemma, isn't it?
A VP can't actually do much, has no real power, is merely a place holder.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Florida is important of course, but looking at the bigger picture, I think a Trump/DeSantis ticket would be extremely beneficial for the entire country. We've been talking about fraudulent elections in the past. If they teamed up, I think it would make the election much more "even".

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38679 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Whatever one thinks of the two being on the same ticket, it's not necessarily needed to overcome Dem fraud. What is necessary is that supporters of both Trump and DeSantis work together and don't waste time trying to tear each other up.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
IC, that's exactly what I was trying to say. Thank you for being more clear and concise.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38679 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
A Trump/DeSantis ticket would be great. With DeSantis as VP, he will gain exposure to Washington politics and as VP, he will be staged to run in 2028.

What would be the best is if Donald Trump made it clear that DeSantis would have a stronger role as his VP. After all, since Trump can serve only one more term, DeSantis would pose no threat to him.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
I think a Trump/DeSantis ticket would be extremely beneficial for the entire country. We've been talking about fraudulent elections in the past. If they teamed up, I think it would make the election much more "even".

I have posted about this ticket in the past, and I still believe the pairing is an unstoppable juggernaut, the Dems and media could not handle this at all. IMO, it is really the best thing to ensure a Republican WH, and to repair the damage of 4 years.

One side note- I'm sure folks remember the really tough time Kevin McCarthy had in sewing up the SOTH position. The guys involved in the negotiations, who did they call to mediate? Who did they call to iron out the ill feelings and move things forward? They called Donald Trump, not DeSantis, because they all knew Trump was still the leader of their party. In the final hours of that stalemate, it was the 800 Pound Gorilla that got it done. And I imagine McCarthy owes a lot to Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16702 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can be 100% happy with a Trump-DeSantis ticket for '24.

Posts: 6620 | Location: Az | Registered: May 27, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
But,what about us Florida guys? Like so many others, I'd like to keep DeSantis here.

[QUOTE]Originally posted by parabellum:
A Trump/DeSantis ticket would be great. With DeSantis as VP, he will gain exposure to Washington politics and as VP, he will be staged to run in 2028.

Posts: 1979 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ironmike57:
But what about us Florida guys? Like so many others, I'd like to keep DeSantis here.

Same here, finish governor term, run for senate and replace Marco Rubio and keep Miami Red, that's where the real power will be, in the Senate, 20 years, head of committees.

POTUS is a short term CEO job... then out to pasture on the speaking trail....

DeSantis is successful not only because he's a good leader but because Florida voters deliver the house and senate to him, every election. He has the power behind him to succeed.

For everyone wanting DeSantis or Trump, can you promise to deliver them a solid R House and Senate for 4 years so he can get real change done? For that matter, Trump, didn't get a full 24 months out of the R congress, and in that time he had to deal with the RINO, anti MAGA, Trump hating Right congress members.

Will you guys get those people out, for either or both of them, because it will be necessary to effect serious change.

Cracks me up everybody in other states wanting Fl to give up the best Governor they have elected in order to go to DC and solve the problems that the representatives of their states have helped cause on the national level, even more so that sending up two guys to DC will fix the problem.

I like Trump, Like DeSantis, but the reality is, until the rest of the country or at least 60% of the national voters fix the problem people they send to the house and senate, you can't fix DC.

Look at the shit show of getting a Speaker elected, and the subsequent news stories that made the R party debacle look like clowns in a Circus or even worse inept men with the inability to work together on their own side of the aisle. I'm not discounting the results of the work it to by a select group to get things we needed done while making McCarthy Speaker wasn't worth it, it was. It's the point that we had to go through that because there are so many R congress people that seem to be there for anything but a fight. And a fight is what DC needs.

So,if everyone would fix your representatives and senators, send Graham, Romney, McConnell home, then elect DeSantis
and give him the power and backing he needs to fix the problems for 4 to 8 years.

Unless we fix the voter problem and who we send to DC, it doesn't matter who you send.

Posts: 23457 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

What would be the best is if Donald Trump made it clear that DeSantis would have a stronger role as his VP. After all, since Trump can serve only one more term, DeSantis would pose no threat to him.

There are a lot of good possibilities there. If DeSantis is given long-term work connected to clearing out the swamp, then whatever "baggage" Trump has is not as much of an "issue" for the MSM to exploit. DeSantis would also get a running start on doing that work during his own Administration. At the same time, the prospect of his being an 8-year President in 2029 might well intimidate a lot of weasels into cooperating or at least getting out of DeSantis' way between 2024 and 2028.

I gotta admit, though, I can't blame Floridians for wanting to keep him.

Posts: 27293 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If that dream ticket happened, I’d beg the Good Lord to let me live a tad longer!

USA #1

Ps… I need to see my country whole again.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Trump/DeSantis will definitely be a dream ticket. But my estimation is, it will not happen, because there's not enough room for two alpha males with huge egos.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Understood & agree 100%.

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
It took a "Pandemic" complete with Bunker Joe campaigning in his basement and the big push for absentee voting to get the Dem's over the top in 2020. I worry 2024 is shaping up to be a "wartime President" plan of attack. Look at the boost in poll numbers Bush I had with the Gulf War until the "read my lips, no new taxes" and economy tanked his numbers against a "cool, hip saxophone playing Clinton" and the post 9/11 boost Bush II had that sank with the no WMDs and the dragging wars.

I worry if we aren't at war by November 2024 and are still funding this Ukraine game the dems will use it as a vote for them "saves Ukrainian lives" and a vote for GOP kills them. I don't know how DeSantis would play Ukraine and how he would handle Putin or Putin respond to him, I know Trump has 4 years experience of dealing with him though.

Posts: 2516 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:

I think they would be unbeatable. I agree that some kind of offering by Trump to RD pledging a different role could be enough. Never say never. Get it done. We would have 12 years minimum in the WH. What do you think that would do for the country?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Trump/DeSantis will definitely be a dream ticket. But my estimation is, it will not happen, because there's not enough room for two alpha males with huge egos.

YUP!!!
IF, and that's a big ole' IF...
DeSantis can check his ego for 4 years, and hold it down as a solid Vice President (Which I'm and everyone else here is pretty much SURE he will be), It set's him up perfectly for an 8 year run as President. 12 years of unbridled success in the White House!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8350 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I guess I’m in the minority here because I’m not seeing the ego of Ron DeSantis as a problem.

He doesn’t let the left walk all over him and doesn’t hesitate to put them in their place when the situation presents itself, but the guy isn’t spending hours a day on social media or on TV. He’s damn sure not launching attacks on other conservatives who he might consider a contender for POTUS.

Again, I love Trump and hope he’s the nominee for 2024, but if there’s an ego issue surrounding a Trump/DeSantis ticket it damn sure isn’t coming from DeSantis.

I’d love to see what examples you all have that cause you to believe that he would put ego over country.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15255 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
I agree fully. One ego is bigger, and it would be the one in control.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The idea of Donald Trump once again being the Republican nominee and winning- There is an axiom I try to keep in mind at all times in this life, and that is that if you want a thing too badly, you're not going to get it (though there are, of course, exceptions to this, with 2016 being one of them.)

Because of this, I have been thinking that somewhere between now and election night 2024, something will happen which will prevent Donald Trump from again becoming President.

It's almost too much to ask for, because the leftists in this country would burst into flames. The fact that Trump would have no concerns about re-election means he could go full-bore at what he wishes to accomplish, and Donald Trump is much wiser and more politically savvy that he was in 2016. If the left thought they had a bumpy ride back then, they ain't seen nothin' yet.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107602 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post