SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 47 48 49 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Everyone got a tax cut.

The fact that he stopped subsidizing areas with high local taxes on the backs of everyone else is beside the point.

You’re right of course. We should eliminate the all deductions including the standard desuction, child tax credits, earned income credits, personal exemptions, etc. as well.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ozarkwoods
posted Hide Post
I remember plugging my nose when I voted for McCain, literally it nauseated me so much but the alternative stunk even more.

So again a no vote for Trump or a stay home is Half vote for Biden.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 4835 | Location: SWMO | Registered: October 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Don't forget, the scumbag also facilitated the Abraham Accords. And, there wasn't any new war, while said scumbag was occupying the WH.

Q

Posts: 26390 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
You’re right of course. We should eliminate the all deductions including the standard desuction, child tax credits, earned income credits, personal exemptions, etc. as well.

Yes.... I agree.

The federal tax code remains a major source of frustration and controversy for Americans, and a hindrance to economic growth and opportunity. Other countries, such as Estonia, have proven that sufficient tax revenue can be collected in a less frustrating and more efficient way.
This report provides an analysis of the key features of the Estonian income tax system—a simple, flat individual income tax combined with a distributed profits tax —and its potential effects if implemented in the United States.

By simplifying the federal tax code, the reform would substantially reduce compliance costs, potentially saving U.S. taxpayers more than $100 billion annually.

Details and Analysis of a Tax Reform Plan for Growth and Opportunity

https://taxfoundation.org/rese...ax-reform-plan/#Flat

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
^^^ I like it, a lot.

Posts: 10949 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
What tax cut? Trump limited the deduction for state, local, and property taxes to $10,000. That raised my taxes significantly.

I’m still voting for Trump though.

Take it up with your local elected leaders. They control your local taxes. Not the federal government. I'm happy with my tax cut and would prefer it didn't go away.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:

Take it up with your local elected leaders. They control your local taxes. Not the federal government. I'm happy with my tax cut and would prefer it didn't go away.

Right. I pay taxes in localities where I don't get to vote for those elected leaders. To those elected leaders and their constituants I and other property owners like me are the cash cows that pay for everything. Classic case of taxation without representation.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
^^^ I like it, a lot.

I like it too, but something tells me big accounting firms won't.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5909 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Details and Analysis of a Tax Reform Plan for Growth and Opportunity

It'll never happen here. It should, but it won't. There's not a chance that our legislators will do away with their easiest way of garnering votes.

I have long advocated a flat tax. 10% from every swinging dick in the country and we'd be rolling in money. Instead, for votes, a small minority pay the vast majority of taxes, many pay none, many still get free money back (and, of course, "back" is a misnomer as they never put any in to begin with).

Posts: 20103 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His Royal Hiney
Picture of Rey HRH
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:
President Trump's public behavior is often offensive and diminishes the office. He is uncouth, abrasive, willfully blind to his own faults, and probably has never--in his entire life-- admitted to a mistake.

I bet this describes several US Presidents back before we had cameras following them around 24/7 and broadcasting selected snippets to the masses.

I don't care about the person, I care about the job they were hired to do.

That reminds me of the stories told about LBJ.

"It did not really matter what we expected from life, but rather what life expected from us. We needed to stop asking about the meaning of life, and instead to think of ourselves as those who were being questioned by life – daily and hourly. Our answer must consist not in talk and meditation, but in right action and in right conduct. Life ultimately means taking the responsibility to find the right answer to its problems and to fulfill the tasks which it constantly sets for each individual." Viktor Frankl, Man's Search for Meaning, 1946.

Posts: 19664 | Location: The Free State of Arizona - Ditat Deus | Registered: March 24, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Florida Governor DeSantis, having recently dropped out of the Presidential race, is apparently not planning on coasting home. He published an exciting announcement video yesterday, describing four Amendments that Florida will propose to the U.S. Constitution: Congressional term limits, a balanced budget requirement, a presidential line-item veto, and a requirement that all laws — like vaccine mandates and insider trading bans — must also apply to members of Congress without any exemptions.

https://twitter.com/GovRonDeSa...995981963375095?s=20

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...7n3&utm_medium=email

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
He really shouldn't be making videos while driving. Wink

Seriously, that's the kind of stuff he should be doing! Get back to FL and do some good.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38678 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post