SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by old rugged cross:
Reading many responses here is maddening to be honest. For those that want to whine about DJT's personality or tweets or whatever. Get over it.
The man know's how to run a country. Deal with the economy, deal with tryrants, terrorists, enemies and allies. He is not perfect. But for crissakes quit whining a grow a pair.

Those that have and are still trying to tear him down should tell you all you need to know.

As far a DeSantis, lets wait and see. Haley, I had high hopes for her. But she is not going to cut it. She had a great and now short opportunity and blew it.

Nhracecraft nailed it. That and trying to get a fair election will be huge obstacles to overcome.

Lets not lay down and hand it off to the leftist already. Geeesh.

Ah, we can't ignore it because that's the problem going forward. We like him, so we can overlook it, but white women in AZ and GA actively vote against him. Forgetting for a moment that a portion of the GOP also actively votes against him, he can't get elected if that trend continues in those two states alone. We can hope and pray as much as we want, but they aren't getting over it. He has no path forward outside of a primary as long as that happens.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
We like him, so we can overlook it, but white women in AZ and GA actively vote against him.

AZ and GA were two of the six states that stopped counting ballots on election night and continued days of late counts and found ballots, along with the other four swing states. And yet Trump managed to get over 11 million more votes than his previous victory. By comparison, Obama approx. 5 million votes in his 2nd term.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by NavyGuy:
quote:
Originally posted by Poppi:
Ron DeSantis has proven to be an exceptional governor. His covid response, (as previosly mentioned), and the Herculean efforts post Hurricane Ian are nothing short of remarkable. But, IMHO, he isn't ready for prime time. He lacks experience and I also think his debate skills are somewhat lackluster. Don't get me wrong, he will make an excellent president someday, after 8 years as governor.

I'll differ with you on debate skills. Just watch some of his interactions with the hostel left wing media. Unrehearsed, he dominates them with facts and honest answers. Like Trump, he has a way of connecting to the people drawing in many independents and undecided voters. Just look at the unprecedented landslide in a state that was purple.

That's why the left hates him and go out of there way to discredit him at every chance.

He is great with the press. It's the one on one where he is lacking. His debate with Charlie Crist showed this. Everytime Charlie got under his skin, DeSantis's facial expressions showed. I like Ron DeSantis, I voted for him three times including the primary. He will make a fine president but he needs to finish his term as governor. He told us Floridians he would and I hope he keeps his word.
One more thing, Ron DeSantis is a politician. Donald J. Trump is not.

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Krazeehorse
posted Hide Post
My pick would be 4 years of Trump then 8 years of DeSantis.

Be careful what you tolerate. You are teaching people how to treat you.

Posts: 5679 | Location: Ohio | Registered: December 27, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
We like him, so we can overlook it, but white women in AZ and GA actively vote against him.

AZ and GA were two of the six states that stopped counting ballots on election night and continued days of late counts and found ballots, along with the other four swing states. And yet Trump managed to get over 11 million more votes than his previous victory. By comparison, Obama approx. 5 million votes in his 2nd term.

Great, and how did that go for him in 2020 or with his candidates in 2022 in AZ and GA alone? Along with election issues he's fighting women and parts of the GOP who are actively voting against him. Women go with emotions and they aren't going to change, especially when he keeps going down the same path that set them against him. He needs them to overcome the other stuff and that isn't happening regardless of how much we wish it would. DeSantis can pull them in.

wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
An ominous report from the Georgia grand jury foreman

https://www.nytimes.com/2023/0...ury-indictments.html

A special grand jury that investigated election interference by former President Donald J. Trump and his allies in Georgia recommended indictments of multiple people on a range of charges in its report, most of which remains sealed, the forewoman of the jury said in an interview today.

“It is not a short list,” the forewoman, Emily Kohrs

Asked whether the jurors had recommended indicting Mr. Trump, Ms. Kohrs gave a cryptic answer: “You’re not going to be shocked. It’s not rocket science,” adding “you won’t be too surprised.”

A focal point of the Atlanta inquiry is a call that Mr. Trump made on Jan. 2, 2021, to Brad Raffensperger, the Georgia secretary of state, in which he pressed Mr. Raffensperger, a fellow Republican, to recalculate the results and “find” 11,780 votes, or enough to overturn his loss in the state.

“We definitely started with the first phone call, the call to Secretary Raffensperger that was so publicized,” said Ms. Kohrs, whom The Associated Press first named and spoke with on Tuesday about the election meddling investigation.

The special grand jury met for nearly seven months in a courthouse in downtown Atlanta and heard testimony from 70 witnesses. Mr. Trump was not among them, and his lawyers have said he did nothing wrong.

Special grand juries in Georgia do not have indictment powers; the ultimate charging decisions will be up to Fani T. Willis, the district attorney of Fulton County, Ga., who has led the investigation.

https://www.gpb.org/news/2023/...ed-election-meddling

Emily Kohrs 30 y.o.

The 30-year-old Fulton County resident who was between jobs suddenly found herself at the center of one of the nation's most significant legal proceedings. She would become foreperson of the special grand jury selected to investigate whether then-President Donald Trump and his Republican associates illegally meddled in Georgia's 2020 presidential election.

At least one person who resisted answering questions became much more cooperative when prosecutors offered him immunity in front of the jurors, Kohrs said. Other witnesses came in with immunity deals already in place.

Kohrs didn't vote in 2020

Foreperson Emily Kohrs tells the AP that she had no prior idea that she would be taking part in proceedings that could lead to a historic indictment of a former president, although she quickly figured out that it was "a big freaking deal."

Though Kohrs said she tends to agree more with Democrats, Kohrs said she doesn't identify with any political party and prefers to listen to all opinions.

"If I chose a political party, it would be the not-crazy party," she said.

Kohrs called herself a "geek about the justice system" and noted the challenges some jurors faced balancing their responsibilities on the panel with outside duties. When she eagerly volunteered to be foreperson, she met no resistance from her fellow jurors, who were less enthusiastic about the time-consuming obligation stretching before them, she said.

Posts: 19493 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Great, and how did that go for him in 2020 or with his candidates in 2022 in AZ and GA alone? Along with election issues he's fighting women and parts of the GOP who are actively voting against him. Women go with emotions and they aren't going to change, especially when he keeps going down the same path that set them against him. He needs them to overcome the other stuff and that isn't happening regardless of how much we wish it would. DeSantis can pull them in.

If it's a fair fight, it should work out fine. That would remain to be seen.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38580 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
the ultimate charging decisions will be up to Fani T. Willis, the district attorney of Fulton County, Ga., who has led the investigation.

https://www.gpb.org/news/2023/...ed-election-meddling

This right here is all you need to know...Show Trial to Come! It was a assault on our 'Democracy'! Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8756 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Great

My impression of you is that you absolutely do not believe there was fraud to get Biden elected. That you believe states like AZ, GA, MI, etc., all who have stopped the count that night, were above board and honest, no fraud was involved. That you honestly believe 81 million Americans voted for the idiot in the WH. That Biden was insanely popular withe the voters and Trump wasn't. That you believe Trump lost fair and square in 2020.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16596 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Drill Here, Drill Now
Picture of tatortodd
posted Hide Post
I was a Ted Cruz supporter in the 2016 Primary. Once it was obvious Trump was going to win the primary, I became a support the Republican nominee guy. Trump slowly won me over with his successes and I became a big supporter. In fact, I became a monthly donor for his reelection campaign.

Due to his successes, I was willing to overlook his shortcomings such as his incredibly poor track record on selecting top level people (eg FBI Director, Attorney General, etc).

Where he lost me was the ineffective response to the election irregularities. Once again, he chose poorly on the people to lead this initiative. They were more interested in press conferences (aka political assclownery) than mounting stout legal challenges.

I don’t blame him at all for Jan 6th. However, I’m not blind or deaf and know he lost tons of supporters over the actual event and the lack of speed in his condemnation.

His 2022 endorsements were as poor as his selection of top advisors, heads of executive branches, and 2020 election legal challenge. It’s a factor (definitely not the only factor) why the red wave didn’t happen last November.

I think he is too damaged and too many Republican and swing voters will stay home if he gets the nomination. The no show voters would be worse than the no shows for the RINOs McStain and Mittens.

Ultimately, where I land for 2024 is:
  • DeSantis for the nominee
  • Trump for the lightning rod. He is a master at controlling the day’s narrative and keeping both the libtarded politicians and “journalists” focused on him. He is also strong enough to take their attacks. I hope he will put his ego aside and be the lightning rod while DeSantis builds up his network State by state. Part of being a good lightning rod would entail not attacking DeSantis.

Ego is the anesthesia that deadens the pain of stupidity

DISCLAIMER: These are the author's own personal views and do not represent the views of the author's employer.
  •  
    Posts: 23084 | Location: Northern Suburbs of Houston | Registered: November 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Lighten up and laugh
    Picture of Ackks
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Great

My impression of you is that you absolutely do not believe there was fraud to get Biden elected. That you believe states like AZ, GA, MI, etc., all who have stopped the count that night, were above board and honest, no fraud was involved. That you honestly believe 81 million Americans voted for the idiot in the WH. That Biden was insanely popular withe the voters and Trump wasn't. That you believe Trump lost fair and square

No,I know there was,and know there will be more. He overcame that in 2016 because he had enough votes it wasn't close. We agree on this.

However, he can't beat that and have the problem with female voters you may not believe exists, along with the part of the party willing to vote against him.

My point is he can't continue to be the easy he is and think the results will ne different.

Picture of Infidel
    posted Hide Post
    I get where everybody's coming from regarding Trump being a fighter. The problem is, he keeps fighting people he shouldn't.

Case in point:

Donald Trump says Florida was ‘GREAT’ before Ron DeSantis ‘got there’

“Florida was doing GREAT long before Ron DeSanctus got there. People are fleeing from New York to Florida (and other places) because of high TAXES and out of control CRIME, not because of Governor (thank you President Trump!) DeSanctimonious. Rick Scott did great, and even Charlie Crist had very good numbers. SUNSHINE AND OCEAN, very alluring!!!”

Sometimes I'd wish he'd quit stabbing decent people in the back. Other times, I wish he'd just shut up altogether. If he gets the nomination, I'll hold my nose and vote for him again. If he doesn't, he should do the decent thing and retire from politics.

I hate offended people. They come in two flavours - huffy and whiny - and it's hard to know which is worst. The huffy ones are self-important, narcissistic authoritarians in love with the sound of their own booming disapproval, while the whiny, sparrowlike ones are so annoying and sickly and ill-equipped for life on Earth you just want to smack them round the head until they stop crying and grow up.
    - Charlie Brooker

Posts: 642 | Location: Sammamish, WA | Registered: May 14, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    I think Donald Trump was a great president, probably second to only Ronald Reagan. He did a great job, however he just couldn't keeo his mouth shut on twitter and etc.. That was his big problem, he could refute things in more of a Presidential way and he would have been fine. I think Desantis would make a terrific president, but as a Floridian it would be very sad to lose him as a governor.

Posts: 21335 | Registered: June 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by jimmy123x:
    That was his big problem, he could refute things in more of a Presidential way and he would have been fine.
    You are fooling yourself.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Picture of lastmanstanding
    posted Hide Post
    I can't seem to shake the feeling we may find out DeSantis is not who we think he is and we will find out too late.

"Fixed fortifications are monuments to mans stupidity" - George S. Patton

Posts: 8499 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: June 17, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Get Off My Lawn
    Picture of oddball
    posted Hide Post
    A youtube video from Balze Halze, one of my favorite Trump videos.

posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by tatortodd:
    ... willing to overlook his shortcomings such as his incredibly poor track record on selecting top level people (eg FBI Director, Attorney General, etc).

Where he lost me was the ineffective response to the election irregularities. Once again, he chose poorly on the people to lead this initiative. They were more interested in press conferences (aka political assclownery) than mounting stout legal challenges.

The pool of effective contributors was shrunk by the Never Trumpers, who arguably did more than the opposition party did by hollowing-out his ability to effectively run his side of the government. Because he wasn't a DC/Beltway guy, he didn't accommodate the conservative intelligencia, all the 'insiders' who were mid- and high-level career government worker bee's refused to be apart of the administration. He basically had one hand fighting-off the opposing party and their lackeys in the press, while the other hand was trying to joust with members of his own party who didn't like him. It was a remarkable display of political desertion.
    quote:
    Originally posted by lastmanstanding:
    I can't seem to shake the feeling we may find out DeSantis is not who we think he is and we will find out too late.

Negative vibes not welcome

Posts: 14548 | Location: Wine Country | Registered: September 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Peace through
    superior firepower
    Picture of parabellum
    posted Hide Post
    On the subject of a candidate stepping aside to avoid a split vote, it's no stretch to say that DeSantis would be more apt to do such a thing. He's already got a great gig where he's quite effective and since Trump can serve only one more term, DeSantis knows the field would be Trump-free in 2028.

Posts: 107222 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    posted Hide Post
    This is the outcome I’m hoping for.
    GOD BLESS THE USA !

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Staring back
    from the abyss
    Picture of Gustofer
    posted Hide Post
    I agree with many here. The Donald did some great things as President (not the least of which was keeping Clinton from the office), and for that I am grateful. If, somehow or another, he gains the nomination, I will cast a vote for him again. I hope I don't have to.

I have zero respect or admiration for a grown man in his 70s behaving like a 12-year-old on the playground. Had he just kept his pie-hole shut and done the excellent job that he did, rather than picking fights with everyone, he'd very likely still be the President. He and his behavior are his own worst enemy. I'm tired of listening to him and I'm tired of his whining incessantly. He needs to ride off into the sunset like Presidents before him have done. His time is over.

Further, "they" took out the President of the United States...not a small task. Does anyone really believe that "they" will let him back in? There is not a chance in hell that Trump will win a general election..."they" will do whatever it takes, including the unthinkable, to stop him. It won't be allowed to happen...just like it wasn't allowed to happen last time, and those who are charged with preventing the leftist shenanigans have done exactly nothing to actually prevent them.

Laws allowing ballot harvesting, election month rather than election day, the use of computers with dubious software, illegals voting, the dead voting, etc...? None of these have been changed or enforced. The ONLY way we will ever have another fair election in this country is to go back to election DAY voting only, with hand counted paper ballots distributed to only those registered voters with valid ID.

We now have computers so powerful that every single bit of human knowledge is contained on a phone in your pocket, and we are led to believe that these computers cannot tabulate votes for days/weeks? Hand counted paper ballots used to give results by the time the 10 o'clock news came on. No, they will continue to manipulate the results until someone other than Donald Trump "wins".

DeSantis has given me many reasons to support him wholeheartedly in the primaries, should he run. About the only person that could knock him out of that position would be Pompeo who, I think, is better qualified on a national level. I like Mike. Until one of them announces though, I'm agnostic.

Posts: 19974 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post