SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
I enjoy those videos everything you post them Para. I listen closely as he is a smart individual.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
"...assuming they haven't unipartied you up and compromised you yet" Styxhexenhammer666 speaking of Desantis.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Until we can eliminate ballot harvesting, we will become masters at ballot harvesting; we have no choice, beating Democrats at their own game."

That bothers me. Not that it's not true, but that it has to be done. It's pretty disturbing at its base, to cheat to win, then outlawing the cheat after you win. I understand playing with fire to beat the fire, but damn it hurts to consider it.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8660 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
"Until we can eliminate ballot harvesting, we will become masters at ballot harvesting; we have no choice, beating Democrats at their own game."

That bothers me. Not that it's not true, but that it has to be done. It's pretty disturbing at its base, to cheat to win, then outlawing the cheat after you win. I understand playing with fire to beat the fire, but damn it hurts to consider it.

Ballot harvesting isn’t really cheating. I mean the votes are being cast by legal voters. As long as the person collecting the votes isn’t influencing the votes cast, or manipulating the ballots or switching the ballots out that is. Of course we all know the left is absolutely doing the former and probably the latter as well.

I don’t like the idea personally. I think for the most part that if you want to vote then you should have to get your ass up on Election Day and go physically vote. I think you should have to show an ID too. But until election laws are changed we have to be willing to use any tactic legally available to win and ballot harvesting is a tactic the left is using very well. Social media is another place the left absolutely dominates.

I think early voting and mail in voting should be available, but only in special circumstances. For instance I travel for work so I think I should be able to early vote, but I can also show proof of a round trip plane ticket, a hotel in another city as well as proof that my travel is work related and not a vacation. Military members and disabled people who cannot physically go to a polling place should be allowed mail in.

Trump is 100% right in this, and I think he has enough money and influence to get people to harvest ballots too.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
https://townhall.com//tipsheet...34408&recip=26773771

DeSantis and Trump Both Dismiss the Idea of Being Each Other's 2024 Running Mates

Former President Trump and Gov. Ron DeSantis (R-Fla) doubted being each other's 2024 running mates.

On separate occasions this week, the two Republicans addressed the possibility that they would run together for GOP nomination. However, both of them shot down the idea.

cont...

Still hoping they'll reconsider as our country needs them badly.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't know if he will run for Pres. or not, but I do think DeSantis would be better off staying in FL as Gov. than VP.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Of course, I agree, but I think foremost we need to win the presidential election and I believe that could certainly be done by a Trump/DeSantis team.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38657 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 6guns:
Kamala hated Joe and Joe hated Kamala, and yet...

We're a year and a half out from the election. Whatever is being said now by candidates and non-candidates alike means little to nothing.

DeSantis hasn't even announced.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Former President Donald Trump took aim at potential Republican primary foe Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis during a recent campaign event, with much of the criticism garnering little enthusiasm from those in attendance.

Those of us who have followed closely President Trump's rally speeches know that when he pushes a point or speaks on a topic and it gets poor response from the crowd, he makes adjustments. For example, in the runup to the 2020 election, Trump was for a short time talking about H-1B visas and the disadvantages tech employer use of these visas has hurt the American tech worker. He was and is absolutely correct on this point, but rally crowds responded to his talk on this with very little enthusiasm.

You may say "Of course" but braying jackasses like Joe Biden have their talking points of forge ahead no matter what.

This is one of the better things about Trump. He's a vicious opponent, goes right for the kill, but when he needs to adapt in order to keep enthusiasm high at his rallies, he does so. Of course I am not suggesting for a single second that Donald Trump will not continue to insult DeSantis, but he will lay off of the rhetoric a bit at his rallies, which is a good thing.

I believe that there still could be a Trump/DeSantis ticket. Trump would enter office a lame duck so he has no reelection worries. It's up to DeSantis. If Trump gets the nomination, DeSantis would have two possible choices if Trump offers the VP job to him, and I think DeSantis would be foolish to turn it down, and Trump could only be strengthened with DeSantis on his ticket. Kari Lake? Yeah, female yadda yadda. Whatever.

Posts: 107512 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I just don’t understand folks that STILL think joe biden is ok?
Our neighbors told us yesterday they were going to vote for biden Again!! I started to converse and then I remembered the old proverb, “Never argue with an idiot, they’ll drag ya down to their level and beat you with experience.” Glad I recalled that one.

“Have a great day, see ya later!”

NOT!! F*k ya, ya stupid bastard! Don’t bellyache to me for the love of God! What is wrong with people?!

Posts: 5768 | Location: west 'by god' virginia | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I think this whole thing with the DA rumored to indict may have sorted things, and the sorting will continue this week. It has caused Desantis to chime in, and caused him to dip his toe in the national stage even if he's dragging his feet. He probably didn't cause hardly any DT supporters to withdraw support, solidified the polling, and verified to me it'd be better if he stayed out as President in 2024.

The Stormy issue causes trepidation in that you think maybe DT will be a damaged candidate at any time. There likely will be nothing this week or any, and support will be solidified.

It is becoming more apparent to me that Desantis can't beat DT, and can only damage him. If he runs it may be at the behest of the uniparty, with intent to damage DT.

DT can damage DeSantis also, and I think he's firing salvos across his bow that it'd be better to stay out in 2024.

Posts: 7452 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:

The Stormy issue causes trepidation in that you think maybe DT will be a damaged candidate at any time.

After all these years, if there was any there there it would have been found. With all of the effort and millions of our tax payer dollars spent investigating everything Trump, nothing of any substance has ever been found.

If the Stormy allegations are completely true, that DT paid hush money to Stormy and that somehow the book keeping was defective, it is still just nothing. A technical foul at worst.

DJT's support only becomes stronger when the swamp tries to damage him. The more the swamp takes us into banana republic territory, the more the electorate will move away from them and towards the alternative.

Posts: 9437 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:

The Stormy issue causes trepidation in that you think maybe DT will be a damaged candidate at any time.

After all these years, if there was any there there it would have been found. With all of the effort and millions of our tax payer dollars spent investigating everything Trump, nothing of any substance has ever been found.

If the Stormy allegations are completely true, that DT paid hush money to Stormy and that somehow the book keeping was defective, it is still just nothing. A technical foul at worst.

DJT's support only becomes stronger when the swamp tries to damage him. The more the swamp takes us into banana republic territory, the more the electorate will move away from them and towards the alternative.

I've been around supposed Republican/conservative voters who believe all the smears and are embarrassed by the "mean tweets" They're looking for the perfect candidate, someone who will do what DT does, without the drama, and with morality. They are dumb enough to think that savior exists. They are perfect Pence voters.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
They are perfect Pence voters.

Yeah… I know some of those.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24073 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
It is folly to ignore the good looking for the perfect.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27902 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
I hope Pence isn't the Ross Perot who fucks over America in 2024. I think I can count on him doing it if he knows he can.

Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
^^ Are there really that many people who are likely to vote for Pence in a primary?

FWIW, I haven't seen a whole lot of Pence supporters around here. Those who've voted Republican before but who dislike Trump seem likely to either hold their noses and vote or not vote at all.

Posts: 27291 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
Pence turned out to be a real bastard didn't he? I think people are too easily swayed by the young man from Florida, like it's JFK and his lady all over again. There is no doubt Donald Trump is better for America. I wish DeSantis would just remain Governer as he seems quite good for that State. Let's not ram through a candidate so early in his career.

Posts: 17900 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I hope DeSantis sits out 2024. As a Florida resident I hope he doesn’t even accept a VP nomination. I think Trump winning in 2024 would be even better for this country than him winning in 2020, and I think he has the money, the power and the influence to organize the right so that we play the same games as the left (without the fraud) in order to make sure votes are counted correctly.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15251 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Imagination and focus
become reality
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pence turned out to be a real bastard didn't he?

I disagree. I think Pence did what he thought was right. He did not have the authority to overturn the election.

Posts: 6617 | Location: Northwest Indiana | Registered: August 15, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post