SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Legalize the Constitution
Picture of TMats
posted Hide Post
Alright, in my opinion, DJT was a great President. He is not a great man.

Posts: 13260 | Location: Wyoming | Registered: January 10, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron DeSantis has proven to be an exceptional governor. His covid response, (as previosly mentioned), and the Herculean efforts post Hurricane Ian are nothing short of remarkable. But, IMHO, he isn't ready for prime time. He lacks experience and I also think his debate skills are somewhat lackluster. Don't get me wrong, he will make an excellent president someday, after 8 years as governor.

Posts: 52 | Location: Florida | Registered: September 28, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
DeSantis is a REALLY Good at Governing...Trump is a REALLY Good Leader! Saving this Country goes FAR beyond governing...We need a Leader, and a decisive one at that!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:

The chances are also good that the Democrats will end up with a different and stronger candidate, regardless of the Republican candidate.

Utterly ridiculous. Who exactly do you have in mind? Because at this point the Democrats got Jack and Shit, and Jack just left town.

All I know is that a 2nd Trump Presidency would be one for the history books. It would be amazing. "No More Mr. Nice Guy" will no longer be remembered as an Alice Cooper song.

The last election is proof that it didn't take a very strong candidate to defeat Trump. We now have President Shit and Vice-President shitless.
There are potential candidates like Newsom, Michelle Obama and some others if I thought about it long enough.
Would they be good Presidents? No. In fact terrible in my opinion.
Would I or the members here vote for them, no.

Many people who like Trump's policies, just don't seem to understand the level of pure blinding hate that a large number of voters have for Trumps personality. Many of them are even registered as Republicans, the voters that are needed to win, like it or not.
Those haters can't seem to get past that hatred to even start to look at the actual record of the policies. That policy part of Trump that was was damn near perfect.
Another issue is that he can only serve one more term if he did somehow manage to pull it off. But recent events show that one term's not enough to make a more long term change we need that can't be quickly undone. It really will take at least a solid eight years or more without the Democrats in power.
All that said and we're back at the original statement that started this thread.
Trump has an excellent chance for the nomination if he himself or some outside force don't trip him up. If he somehow doesn't get it, he will likely either go third party or poison the well in some other manner.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd disagree with the last sentence, but it doesn't matter. We should elect the best leaders, not the best people. When you guys have a good lawn company mowing your grass, a good mechanic that fixes your cars, or a good lawyer that represents your legal interests, do you do a deep dive in their personal lives to make sure their values align with yours? Or do you simply enjoy the great job they do for you, and continue to pay them due to their performance?

These were the same types of arguments back when Trump first announced he was going to run. The very same. Many said that they supported the other candidates because they were better people, and now admit that the great people they supported then would not have performed the job better than Trump.

If some of you want to elect a President because he makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, more power to you. I want to elect a President who will do the best job running the country.

Some think it's the left that will destroy this nation. The left will do what it always does. What will destroy this country is the soft right who will continuously clear the path for the left to march right through.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15718 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A teetotaling
beer aficionado
Picture of NavyGuy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Poppi:
Ron DeSantis has proven to be an exceptional governor. His covid response, (as previosly mentioned), and the Herculean efforts post Hurricane Ian are nothing short of remarkable. But, IMHO, he isn't ready for prime time. He lacks experience and I also think his debate skills are somewhat lackluster. Don't get me wrong, he will make an excellent president someday, after 8 years as governor.

I'll differ with you on debate skills. Just watch some of his interactions with the hostel left wing media. Unrehearsed, he dominates them with facts and honest answers. Like Trump, he has a way of connecting to the people drawing in many independents and undecided voters. Just look at the unprecedented landslide in a state that was purple.

That's why the left hates him and go out of there way to discredit him at every chance.

Men fight for liberty and win it with hard knocks. Their children, brought up easy, let it slip away again, poor fools. And their grandchildren are once more slaves.

-D.H. Lawrence

Posts: 11524 | Location: Fort Worth, Texas | Registered: February 07, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TMats:

C'mon man. Roll Eyes

Posts: 22908 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
Reading many responses here is maddening to be honest. For those that want to whine about DJT's personality or tweets or whatever. Get over it.
The man know's how to run a country. Deal with the economy, deal with tryrants, terrorists, enemies and allies. He is not perfect. But for crissakes quit whining a grow a pair.

Those that have and are still trying to tear him down should tell you all you need to know.

As far a DeSantis, lets wait and see. Haley, I had high hopes for her. But she is not going to cut it. She had a great and now short opportunity and blew it.

Nhracecraft nailed it. That and trying to get a fair election will be huge obstacles to overcome.

Lets not lay down and hand it off to the leftist already. Geeesh.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: old rugged cross,

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by a1abdj:
quote:

I'd disagree with the last sentence, but it doesn't matter. We should elect the best leaders, not the best people. When you guys have a good lawn company mowing your grass, a good mechanic that fixes your cars, or a good lawyer that represents your legal interests, do you do a deep dive in their personal lives to make sure their values align with yours? Or do you simply enjoy the great job they do for you, and continue to pay them due to their performance?

These were the same types of arguments back when Trump first announced he was going to run. The very same. Many said that they supported the other candidates because they were better people, and now admit that the great people they supported then would not have performed the job better than Trump.

If some of you want to elect a President because he makes you feel all warm and fuzzy, more power to you. I want to elect a President who will do the best job running the country.

Some think it's the left that will destroy this nation. The left will do what it always does. What will destroy this country is the soft right who will continuously clear the path for the left to march right through.

The difference is those people are not politicians and they don't have to win elections to start doing those jobs
Even then, poor enough marketing skills or personality traits can overcome great technical skills and make people not want to deal with them. Some to the point that they can't even make a living in spite of those great technical skills.

Posts: 9513 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reading many responses here is maddening to be honest. For those that want to whine about DJT's personality or tweets or whatever. Get over it.
The man know's how to run a country. Deal with the economy, deal with tryrants, terrorists, enemies and allies. He is not perfect. But for crissakes quite whining a grow a pair.

I think almost 100% of us here did get over it and supported him in the last primary season and general election.
Unfortunately, that isn't enough.
Can we go through another 6 years from now before we try a different approach?

Green grass and
high tides
Picture of old rugged cross
posted Hide Post
It was more than enough. Way more. That was inherently obvious. That is what the rest of my post was about.

If you want to plug someone else in rather than Trump that has the ability to move the country in a positive direction domestically and on a foreign front as well and think that the outcome will be different just because, without the change necessary. I do not think that is possible myself.

"Practice like you want to play in the game"

Posts: 19187 | Registered: September 21, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Trump is not a politician which is what made him a great president. Trump would be a better president than DeSantis. DeSantis is a politician.

Trump’s problem is he lost in 2020 as an incumbent with a great track record. What’s going to be different in 2024? What will change people’s minds to vote for Trump? I have no doubt Trump is going to keep being Trump. It’s not a defeatist attitude to look at what didn’t work and try to figure out what to change to make it work.

Posts: 10942 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Trump delivered the votes necessary to be re-elected in 2020...Unfortunately, the Democrats delivered ballots!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8886 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Any candidate who threatens the entrenched power structure will suffer the exact same fate as DJT. Poetic tweets or nasty tweets, calm and collected or hot tempered tantrum thrower, it doesn't matter, they will be relentlessly villanized.
I see the hysteria of the left as my compass for candidates. Whoever makes them scream the loudest is the direction I go, and right now it's DJT.

No one's life, liberty or property is safe while the legislature is in session.- Mark Twain

Posts: 3534 | Location: TX | Registered: October 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
Haley is a back stabbing and pandering RINO. Trying to act really conservative by saying FL "Don't Say Gay" law doesn't go far enough. Wasn't she the one who ordered the confederate flag removed from the grounds of the SC Statehouse, when she was governor?

Yep, zero doubt. She could not fold fast enough when she was a governor abut the confederate flag fiasco. She is also a WEF alumni.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of grumpy1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
Originally posted by darthfuster:
I know that if Donald were to gain the White House again there would be a great correction domestically and in foreign affairs......which is another reason the Left will do all it can to discourage us through fear and despair from imposing him on them. Soros has weighed in on DeSantis as has the Bush family and other rinos. Again, it appears to be a never-Trump coalition developing.

The wrong sorts would really like a DeSantis Republican candidate:

CNN

[
Paul Ryan, The Bushes, Meghan McCain, Chuck Schumer, The Lincoln Project, etc. have been pushing this narrative for months. The Media, Democrats, and RINOs are in lockstep with this. Ask yourself WHY.

Great post and right on the money. I will certainly vote for Ron DeSantis if he is the candidate but Donald Trump is who the democrat leftist, and even some republicans like McConnel, in power greatly fear kind of like a John Wick with regards to the swamp creatures. Remember Donald Trump can not be bought.

Posts: 9747 | Location: Northern Illinois | Registered: March 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
^^^Trump delivered the votes necessary to be re-elected in 2020...Unfortunately, the Democrats delivered ballots!

This hits the nail on the head. I believe this is exactly what happened. I also know the MSM was and is still on full attack mode in fear of Donald Trump. I'm afraid because of that brain-washing, it has changed some people's minds about whether or not they'd vote for him. Would he get as many votes as the last election? Would the dem machine come out even harder and more successful?

I do agree he's the guy who can turn this country around. I also agree that he can be his own worst enemy. We also have to remember his enemies lay outside the country too and the global elite will do their part to keep him down.

It will certainly be an interesting couple of years ahead.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38676 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I voted for Trump twice, and I thought he was a solid president. But, it's not a cult. He was President and wants to be again, and that is a position that works for the American people, so when I have problems with what he is doing, I will call him out. And there were plenty of problems that have made me open to another choice this time around. There are three big problems I have with Trump:

1. He lost by 6 million votes - legitimate votes or not, that was the margin, and he needs to explain how he can win this time. The states he needs to flip didn't show any big shift to red in 2022. The trouble is that he motivates EVERY SINGLE DEMOCRAT to vote, and he motivates those in power to enable and facilitate cheating to increase the vote count against him. At the same time, he turns off a significant number of Republicans, and conduct in 2020 and since has only increased that number. He's also losing support in the conservative media. I just don't see that he has a realistic shot at winning.

2. His "big strength" of hiring the best people turned out to be his biggest weakness. Time and time again, he showed extremely poor judgment in making appointments and staffing decisions. He has not shown any indication that he has learned from his mistakes, and he continues to make terrible decisions in this regard. He can't drain the swamp without a solid team of like-minded people. Instead, he made the swamp worse with his picks.

3. His strategy so far of being the bull in the china shop - name-calling and acting like a 3 year old is tired. It doesn't play now like it did in 2016. People are tired of it, but he seems to be a one-trick pony. It's all he knows, and he can't change stripes even if it will cost him the nomination and the election.

I'll vote for him if he's the nominee no ifs, ands or buts, but so far I'm on Team DeSantis and am waiting to see who else enters the race.

Posts: 6063 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:
Trump is not a politician which is what made him a great president. Trump would be a better president than DeSantis. DeSantis is a politician.

My wife and I last night during dinner we were discussing James O'Keefe, and how his situation is similar to Trumps; both ousted from their positions through means of lies, fraud, and deceit. But she made an interesting point that DeSantis has collected fame, fortune and power strictly as a politician. Trump collected the above starting in his 30s in the 1980s in private business, and has been in the spotlight ever since. To echo grumpy1, Trump can't be bought. She also made the observation that if DeSantis truly loved his country and wanted to see it repaired from the damage done by Biden, he should throw his support to Trump for the good of the country.

quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
The last election is proof that it didn't take a very strong candidate to defeat Trump.

Again, referring to James O'Keefe, Trump was ousted, he didn't "lose" the election. If you truly believe Biden actually honestly earned his 81 million votes, 12 million more than his former boss Obama in his landmark 2008 election, I'm sorry to say, you have been had.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16699 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ While I agree that Trump was ousted in a fraudulent election and that Biden didn't actually honestly earn his 81 million votes...
I disagree that anyone else who loved his country would step aside and throw his support to Trump.
That's not how it works. We have a process, which includes primaries and caucuses, through which anyone who wants to be President must be tested by the competition.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24117 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post