SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Can't imagine what in the world made DeSantis think wearing lifts that excessive wouldn't be noticed

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some of the greatest, most successful leaders have been short.

DeSantis' efforts to appear taller are going to follow him incessantly. Everywhere he goes, people will be trying to get a glimpse of his footwear and how he walks. There will be social media posts on these things alone. People will have a field day with it.

This is yet another indication of DeSantis' poor judgement at times, and of the bad advice he's received from his campaign managers.

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley Takes Lead in Non-Trump Lane, DeSantis Continues Shrinking

No candidate has spent more time in Iowa and visited more locations than Ron DeSantis. Simultaneously, as the people of Iowa get to know him, his support drops. You might remember me pointing out this predictable dynamic last year.

The more people spend time with DeSantis, the less they like him. That leaves an opening for Nikki Haley, and she has capitalized.

Now, Nikki is just as unlikeable as Ron, perhaps even more so; however, the people around Nikki know she is horrible, and they manage her to hide it. If they keep Nikki Haley out of the public eye, she will quickly pass Ron DeSantis everywhere. Watch, this is what they will do.

Nikki Haley has now passed up Ron DeSantis in the first-loser race within Iowa. Donald Trump is crushing the field, but for the non-Trump lane, Haley has just surpassed DeSantis. Haley is also beating DeSantis in New Hampshire and South Carolina in the race to be the first-loser.

https://theconservativetreehou...rinking/#more-252566

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

The more people spend time with DeSantis, the less they like him. That leaves an opening for Nikki Haley, and she has capitalized.

Hmm, does she wear flats or heels? Will anybody point it out? Will anybody care?

Lol, what a circus our national politics have become.

Posts: 9484 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^
Will anybody care? No.

What I DO care about and what I WILL point out is that Nikki Haley is a walking, talking, respirating piece of fecal matter and human excrement for allowing the State's Confederate Flag to be taken down under her watch as Governor of South Carolina.

That move was "SUPPOSED" to end racism in this country for all time.

Fat f---ing chance, when the ones promoting and furthering racism in this country were the same individuals DEMANDING the Confederate Flag be taken down!

JSMH. Where's the gd comet?????

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
Hmm, does she wear flats or heels? Will anybody point it out? Will anybody care?

Lol, what a circus our national politics have become.
The point is that DeSantis has willingly made a fool of himself. He's walking around awkwardly in lifts that are apparently several inches tall. Referring to your question of will anybody care, you should ask yourself if anyone would have really cared if DeSantis was genuine with regards to his height.

But, what they care about now is that he's been deceptive, and his enemies will savage him because of it.

If elected POTUS, would he have attended state dinners in formal dress and cowboy boots? At some point, he would have to give up this charade, and again, this seemingly trivial matter of wearing lifts has demonstrated that his judgement is not up to par for someone wanting to occupy the most powerful office in this nation.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
DeSantis apparently has an inferiority complex and feels 'insecure in his own boots'...Pun intended! Wink

One things for sure, he's certainly inferior and diminished when measured against Donald Trump!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8982 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
DeSantis apparently has an inferiority complex...
I don't think that's true. He's a politician and he is projecting an image.

quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

^^^ What amazes me about this chart (competition vs Donald Trump) is that Nikki Haley is that high, Vivek is not higher and that the rest of them have anything at all (except Tim Scott).

Posts: 22965 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Traitorous motherfucker. From this point on, I'll never support DeSantis in any way. He's nothing but a power-hungry politician.

https://twitter.com/DC_Draino/.../1720103895933067759

7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
President Trump is not going to need Desantis to support him to be reelected. President Trump decided to run for Office for many good reasons. All good for America and nothing in it was for his benefit. The man loves this Country. I am certain Desantis was qued by the DNC that some, mainly in media we're suggesting he'd be a good candidate. A boy in search of popularity who wouldn't have win in Florida without Trump's backing. I see nothing Presidential in Ron Desantis. We need a leader and he isn't up to the task.

Posts: 17924 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Former Florida governor Senator Rick Scott has wholeheartedly endorsed Trump. DeSantis is having a tough time getting support in his home state, also having almost no support from the Florida Congressional Delegation, most of them also endorsing Trump. DeSantis seems unlikely to even carry his own state.

https://www.breitbart.com/2024...ty-to-come-together/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16734 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I actually watched the video, and DeSantis didn't say that Trump should be removed, he said he should not be nominated because he cannot win the general - which is perfectly reasonable for the guy also running for the nomination to say. It's nothing close to treasonous, he also reiterated that he stands by his pledge to support Trump if Trump does win the nomination. Poso and Draino have lost the plot.

This is getting ridiculous. Trump will forever have my gratitude for beating Clinton and what he did to reshape the judiciary, but his stance with regard to the second amendment, his support and appointments of people like Fauci, Wray, and Miley, his inability to curb spending, and his age mean that he does not deserve unfailing devotion, no matter what happened with the last election.

Trump was cheated out of a second term, and we'll be dealing with the consequences of that for a long time, but I think we have a better choice now.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump will forever have my gratitude for beating Clinton and what he did to reshape the judiciary, but his stance with regard to the second amendment, his support and appointments of people like Fauci, Wray, and Miley, his inability to curb spending, and his age mean that he does not deserve unfailing devotion, no matter what happened with the last election.

Trump was cheated out of a second term, and we'll be dealing with the consequences of that for a long time, but I think we have a better choice now.

That's your choice. Every primary voter (or caucus go-er) will have to weigh those factors and make a choice. As of now though, it doesn't look good for anyone not named Trump.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bobtheelf:
This is getting ridiculous.

I agree, it is.

DeSantis should drop out of the race and support his mentor and ex-friend, then he might salvage a run in 2028. In the space of a year, he has turned into Scott Walker and Michael Dukakis combined. The man is unelectable at this point, he is just burning through campaign money, he has been a pure disappointment in regards to political savvy, decision-making, and the ability to connect with common citizens. Expect Nikki Haley to overtake his #2 position.

The Republican Party belongs to Trump, and he has ignored this, alienating MAGA voters with his choice to throw Trump under the bus repeatedly. Many of his donors have shunned him now, they know he has no chance of winning, they're throwing money at Trump, Haley, and Scott.

The guy was stupid to run for 2024; if he had waited until 2028, he would have been a shoe-in as the Republican nominee. Extremely poor judgement by DeSantis and his team.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16734 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
I actually watched the video, and DeSantis didn't say that Trump should be removed, he said he should not be nominated because he cannot win the general - which is perfectly reasonable for the guy also running for the nomination to say. It's nothing close to treasonous, he also reiterated that he stands by his pledge to support Trump if Trump does win the nomination. Poso and Draino have lost the plot.

This is getting ridiculous. Trump will forever have my gratitude for beating Clinton and what he did to reshape the judiciary, but his stance with regard to the second amendment, his support and appointments of people like Fauci, Wray, and Miley, his inability to curb spending, and his age mean that he does not deserve unfailing devotion, no matter what happened with the last election.

And who would that better choice be, pray tell?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8982 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
This is getting ridiculous.

I agree, it is.

DeSantis should drop out of the race and support his mentor and ex-friend, then he might salvage a run in 2028. In the space of a year, he has turned into Scott Walker and Michael Dukakis combined. The man is unelectable at this point, he is just burning through campaign money, he has been a pure disappointment in regards to political savvy, decision-making, and the ability to connect with common citizens. Expect Nikki Haley to overtake his #2 position.

The Republican Party belongs to Trump, and he has ignored this, alienating MAGA voters with his choice to throw Trump under the bus repeatedly. Many of his donors have shunned him now, they know he has no chance of winning, they're throwing money at Trump, Haley, and Scott.

The guy was stupid to run for 2024; if he had waited until 2028, he would have been a shoe-in as the Republican nominee. Extremely poor judgement by DeSantis and his team.

This is exactly what I predicted early on, and hoped he would not run as his political standing as Governor was super strong, and that many people including those here keep piling on DeSantis not being Trump, it's absurd to try and make him Trump 2.0, for that matter, what candidate ever in the history of politics has ever stood up and supported the leading candidate before the primary was over, for any reason, ever. none...

DeSantis should have waited 4 years, run for Senate and let the Trump Trial situation play out. We all know DJT will be convicted on several cases based on who brought it, where, and the potential judge/jury combination and have to appeal.

The RNC money club bought into the disaster that may happen to Trump, and when/if he's disqualified that 45% lead gets broken up between candidates and instantly DeSantis would be at the top. JMO the MAGA voters will not show up, they will abandon the RNC and anyone who gets the nomination will not get the votes if Trump is disqualified from the RNC.

Maybe it's the plan where the DNC, Obama, Soros et al have put in place, they aren't getting rid of Two Scoops, he's the perfect placeholder because if that happens he wins without contest, at least that is what's probably what they think will happen.

Now if the RNC boots DJT there is a twist he can toss into the election. Say the RNC dumps Trump, the Maga Voters revolt, DJT runs as an Independent, maybe even hooking up with Kennedy, and retakes the Presidency and changes the landscape of American voting forever....

Posts: 23618 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now if the RNC boots DJT there is a twist he can toss into the election. Say the RNC dumps Trump, the Maga Voters revolt, DJT runs as an Independent, maybe even hooking up with Kennedy, and retakes the Presidency and changes the landscape of American voting forever....

That's a big IF...
I'm a current member of the MO GOP State Committee of the Republican Party. I personally know our 3 RNC members. They will not abandon Trump.

-rduckwor

Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I'll let Kurt say it. He has a way with words better than I do.

https://townhall.com/columnist...seudo-surge-n2630614

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You would be doing yourself a great favor by stopping being coy and simply speak plainly.

Ron DeSantis is not going to be the nominee and anyone who thinks he is, is dreaming.

And yes, I "actually" watched the video. If you can't hear what DeSantis is saying with his double talk, then you're a perfect voter for the guy who will not be elected POTUS because he won't get the nomination.

In that video, DeSantis says that if Trump is convicted, he has no chance at winning, and the Republican voters "understand this". All of us who are supporting Donald Trump- you think we don't know that he's going to be railroaded? THAT is what we "understand" and that means we support Donald Trump no matter what.

If the RNC turns their back on Donald Trump, they lose. No matter who they nominate, they lose, and you had better wake up and get behind the one man who can win, or you'll have another Dem administration, with a President Harris coming in early on, because President Grandpa ain't makin' it for another four.