SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Z06:
Got this one in my morning deluge of emails...

Published here:
Post-Debate, Ron DeSantis’ Window of Opportunity Opens
https://townhall.com/columnist...unity-opens-n2627639

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24229 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got this one in my morning deluge of emails. I have always voted for DJT starting with the ’16 AZ presidential primary. This article is thought provoking.

Thought provoking? Hardly. Same old tired horseshit.

Trump lost in 2020 by something like 42,000 votes between three or four states. He gained, what, over 11 million votes from 2016? Take away the bullshit that the democrats pulled in 2020 via the lockdowns, and Trump wins in a landslide. And that doesn't even take into account the blatant suppression of information from the media and big tech.

Trump can't win? The words of an ignoramus.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30532 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got this one in my morning deluge of emails. I have always voted for DJT starting with the ’16 AZ presidential primary. This article is thought provoking.

And other "articles" will say this is full of shit.

But regarding this one, Dan Backer is the name of the "author", and he works as chief council for a Super PAC "Ready For Ron" (cute name) that is heavily financing the DeSantis campaign.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16791 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Democrats Aren’t ‘Interfering’ In 2024 Election With Trump Trial, They’re Blatantly Rigging It

By: John Daniel Davidson

The judge in Trump’s Jan. 6 case didn’t just pick a March 4 trial date at random. The aim is to get Trump off the ballot.

News broke Monday that U.S. District Judge Tanya Chutkan, the judge overseeing the Jan. 6-related case against Donald Trump in Washington, D.C., set a March 4, 2024, trial date for the former president.

It just so happens that March 4 is the day before Super Tuesday, when more than a dozen states, from California to Texas to Virginia, will hold Republican primary elections. What a coincidence!

What this means is that Trump, the Republican front-runner by a wide margin, will not be able to campaign ahead of the most important date on the GOP primary calendar. It also means he’ll likely be tied up in court a week later on March 12, when four more states hold primary elections.

But this isn’t merely election “interference,” it’s a naked attempt to rig the 2024 election. The timing here is important, because not only will Trump be pulled off the campaign trail at a crucial time, he will almost certainly be convicted over the summer. After all, the jury in this case will be drawn from a pool that voted 92 percent for Joe Biden. No matter how outlandish and unconstitutional the charges are, no matter how utterly politicized the process is, a D.C. jury is going to convict Trump.

A summer 2024 conviction sets up the real play here, which is for blue states and counties to remove Trump from the ballot, citing a faulty and blatantly lawless reading of the 14th Amendment. Assuming Trump wins the GOP primary, this will leave Republicans with no candidate on the ballot across vast swaths of the country heading into the fall. Even if the Supreme Court steps in, if Democrats time it just right it will be too late to send out corrected, lawful ballots in time for Election Day.

Whatever one thinks of Trump’s post-2020 election challenges — whether they were legitimate, delusional, or downright treasonous — they were nothing compared to what Democrats are trying to pull here.

Consider the timeline alone. How on earth could a case involving millions of documents and hundreds of witnesses be ready for trial by March? And how does Trump already have a trial date set in his Jan. 6-related case when dozens of other Jan. 6 defendants have been rotting away in federal prison for years now?

One lawyer for Jan. 6 defendants explained on Twitter that he had a “relatively simple” Jan. 6 case that was indicted in late March in D.C., and at a recent status hearing dates were discussed for a trial in March or April 2024: “So I get a year between indictment and trial in a one-defendant relatively straight-forward J6 case. And Trump gets 8 months in a case with 12 million pages of discovery and well over 100 witnesses.”

The whole thing is a naked abuse of power — a violation of Trump’s Sixth Amendment right to effective assistance of counsel, to say nothing of his free speech rights, which DOJ Special Counsel Jack Smith is trying to criminalize.

The Obama-appointed Judge Chutkan, who has a penchant for handing down harsher sentences for Jan. 6 cases than what federal prosecutors recommended, has already betrayed her politically motivated bias in this case. Her claim that Trump would get “no more or less deference than any other defendant” is contradicted by her observation that because Trump has “considerable resources” he is “not entitled to unlimited preparation time.”

In other words, because Trump is wealthy, and because the political calendar dictates that Democrats move their election-rigging scheme along quickly, Trump’s trial is getting fast-tracked. There’s no other explanation for why this trial date is being set so soon after the indictment, and why March 4 was chosen as the specific date.

As John Hasson noted on Twitter, two separate courts have now attempted to set March 4 as Trump’s trial date. In Georgia, Fulton County District Attorney Fani Willis tried to set Trump’s trial date for March 4, but Republican Gov. Brian Kemp shut it down. Now Judge Chutkan has done the same. There’s a reason it keeps coming up, and it has nothing to do with justice or a fair trial.

What we’re seeing here is the machinery of the Biden regime’s show trials at work. Remember, the point of a show trial is not to deliver justice, it’s to display power.

Everything about this process — the farcical indictments, the release of the mugshot, the timing of the trial — is designed to convey to ordinary Americans that one side, the left, has consolidated control over the most powerful institutions in our country, and resistance to their rule will be met with overwhelming force.

Democrats are not trying to hide any of this from you. They want you to see this display of power and understand what it means, which is this: You will not under any circumstances be allowed to vote for Donald Trump in 2024. So don’t even think about it — and don’t complain about it either, or you might end up just like him.

https://thefederalist.com/2023...latantly-rigging-it/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24229 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley Positioned to Replace Ron DeSantis

The DeSantis campaign is imploding. The most recent admission from the team managing DeSantis was their shifted goalposts for a second place in Iowa. Additionally, there is now friction between Ron DeSantis and Jeff Roe (head of Never Back Down PAC), if the inside campaign leakers are to be believed.

CNN ran a puff piece on Nikki Haley recently, along with a poll showing that only she could defeat Joe Biden.

Before laughing, it’s wise to remember what CNN represents in the game of political media. CNN is the official state media of the U.S. State Dept. Nikki Haley was former UN ambassador and aligns with the worldview of the CNN control room and executive offices.

Haley is an empty vessel. She has no true positions of her own and uses the headlines and sentiment of the moment to determine her outlooks. This is why she previously said she would not run against Donald Trump, and said Bubba Wallace was a victim of horrible NASCAR racism. These might sound disconnected but remember, at the time each statement was made – these were shallow public opinion constructs, not core beliefs. Nikki Haley has no core values; she is a consultant’s dream candidate who will morph to the positions of the handlers.

The Big Club and Bush group support Nikki Haley, that’s why we are seeing generous support from ABC and CNN. Yes, it really is that simple.

https://theconservativetreehou...esantis/#more-250797

-rduckwor

Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Big Club and Bush group support Nikki Haley, that’s why we are seeing generous support from ABC and CNN. Yes, it really is that simple.

They are looking for any candidate they can support with money and press to take on DJT, DeSantis is flailing, Haley as was stated is a member of the deep state establishment, or, has aligned with them to get the money, contacts, press she needs to advance.

Posts: 23696 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Florida GOP has basically abandoned DeSantis. His home state.

quote:
"The Republican Party of Florida sided with former President Donald Trump and his allies on Friday, rescinding the state’s loyalty oath primary requirement that Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis (R) supported.

Earlier in the year, the Florida GOP voted to require presidential candidates sign a pledge to support the party’s eventual nominee to make it on the state’s March 19 primary ballot.

Trump has maintained he would not sign any loyalty pledge, telling Newsmax, “Why would I sign it? I can name three or four people that I wouldn’t support for president. So right there, there’s a problem.

Lee County GOP Chair Michael Thompson said “of course” the loyalty oath was designed to go after Trump, dubbing it the “Donald J. Trump rule.”

Florida’s move came as the Republican National Committee implemented a similar loyalty pledge requirement for candidates to appear on the debate stage.

However, Republican state Sen. Joe Gruters brought a motion to rescind the loyalty pledge at the Florida GOP’s quarterly meeting in Orlando on Friday. The vote to rescind the pledge passed on an “overwhelming voice vote,” according to Greuters.

“A lot of Republicans in this state are saying the primary is basically over. Trump is ahead by 40, 50 points in some polls and he’s battling multiple indictments. So why would our state party want to fight his campaign?” Greuters said Friday. “If we didn’t make this change, the Republican Party as we know it today wouldn’t exist in two months. There would be a complete revolt from the president’s base" . The party’s decision to rescind the loyalty pledge deals a serious blow to DeSantis and his allies in his home state.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ty-oath-for-primary/

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16791 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
In this soundbite, Newsom is asked about Ron DeSantis and the special debate between the Florida and California governors as organized by Sean Hannity. Newsom’s response is epic level trolling. Judging by the response from Newsom, he also knows a nomination is likely at the DNC convention in Chicago.
WATCH:

https://theconservativetreehou...-debate/#more-251296

-rduckwor

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Newsom, unfortunately, has summarized the DeSantis trainwreck. I am one those who was saying "what the fuck" when it was announced that DeSantis wanted to debate Newsom.

I truly believe Newsom will not run as POTUS next year. IMO, he is setting himself up for 2028; finish out his current term as governor in 2026, wait for Trump and Biden to be out of the way, and set himself up for campaigning 2026-28. And he yes, is trolling DeSantis, knowing that he is likely done for 2028 as well as 2024.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Q: Who won the debate last night?
A: Donald Trump.

A useless GOP debate, but plenty of interesting observations
By Monica Showalter

I caught the second half of the Republican presidential debate held at the Reagan Library, starting with the part when Mike Pence was studiously avoiding a pointed question about what he would do about DACA, the illegal executive order put out by President Obama to make illegal immigrants brought to the U.S. as children exempt from deportation and allowed to work.

That was about how it went with the debate, with lots of canned answers and seven candidates saying what they thought GOP voters wanted to hear. There were fights over trivial stupid matters. There were people shouting over each other and frustrated moderators trying to restore order. There was Chris Christie doing his anti-Trump schtick. There was television time for candidates who had no chance at all of winning, clogging up the airtime.

Once again, the only winner was President Trump. I listened to this as though it were a vice presidential audition, or an understudy audition, in case the left really did manage to knock President Trump out of the race. But in general, it seemed to be pretty futile.

The biggest loser was probably Mike Pence, who came off as so dull and anodyne and slow-thinking he was a one-man ratings depressants. My eyes glazed over every time he made an extended intro about his background instead of just answering the question. That he avoided answering tough questions like DACA made him come off as a coward. And it was intriguing how he touted the success of his term as vice president under President Trump as "our administration." He was hitching his star to Trump's achievements, in other words.

Chris Christie was another eye-roller. His attacks on President Trump were so annoying and hypocritical it was impossible to follow him. I heard he made some good points but I was too offended to listen.

The North Dakota guy? He tried to interject here and there, but c'mon -- he's not going to win.

Tim Scott was another non-winner. I thought he did well in the first debate, but in the second, he was just recyling a lot of old stuff about his upbringing and the damage the Great Society did on the black family, which is perfectly true, but not news to Republicans. He lacked energy, and worse still, went off on a fact-challenged attack on Nikki Haley that fell flat as she refuted each of his points irrefutably. Those refutations, by the way, were in the news at the time so he was repeating debunked stories. Sad.

Vivek Ramaswamy made his good points but was unable to explain how he would execute them perhaps owing to time constraints. And nobody asked him how he thought he would be able to dismantle the deep state in an instant when we all know how hard President Trump tried with effort in the last administration. He's an 'if I ran the world' kind of dreamer. His proposal to effectively leave Taiwan to its fate wasn't smart either.

Nikki Haley was less of a loser to my mind -- she was energetic, she was well briefed and her policy proposals were generally good, other than her neocon argument about endless support for Ukraine. I didn't see the first part of the debate but I understand she launched a lot of nitpicky attacks on the others, which likely would have been useless nonsense. The GOP should be uniting at this point, not ripping itself apart.

Ron DeSantis probably had the best night -- he was energetic, well briefed, and good at defending his record. He did avoid or didn't get enough time to explain a charge that he shut down fracking in Florida. It would have been good to hear an explanation on that one. But his talk about shutting the border was on point, his vow to go after cartels and denunciations of fentanyl imports was pretty good and he was spirited and animated. He reminds us why we like him.

https://www.americanthinker.co...ng_observations.html

The Second ‘First Loser’ Debate was an Embarrassment to the Legacy of Ronald Reagan, But Modern Republicans Just Don’t Care…

According to the portly 1% fellow of no political significance, we are all supposed to think “Donald Ducks” is some brilliant labeling by the jerk from Jersey. But in reality, it only shows the complete dissonance of the professional republican class who have hired him to take shots at the leading GOP candidate. If there is a better word than pathetic, use it here.

What the hell did Ramalamadingdong have on top of his head last night? Good grief, if smuggling a Quokka onto the debate stage was a skillset for POTUS, Ramaswamy leads the furriers. Perhaps having to stand next to him was why Nikki Haley had blood coming out of her eyes, her face, her whatever. Sheesh, she’s a nasty person; and that has nothing to do with gender appropriation or misogyny.

As the Daily Mail noted [SEE HERE] the second of the first loser debates showed exactly why Donald Trump is leading the field by 50 points. President Trump was in Michigan giving an “America-First” voice to the forgotten middle-class, while the professionally republican were stacked up in California talking about who supports Ukraine best. What an absolute sh*t show. WATCH (3 mins):

These seven candidates shrunk themselves so much, it’s almost embarrassing. However, the one takeaway I did realize from watching segments of that fiasco of donor and consultant articulated soundbites, was how different President Trump is from the professionally republican.

After eight years of common sense, pragmatic analysis, simple talk and specific policy prescriptions within the America First agenda as articulated by President Trump, the professionally republican talking points are unwatchable and physically repulsive.

(Daily Mail) – […] ‘You’re afraid of being on the stage and defending your record,’ Christie said. ‘You keep ducking these things… We’re going to call you Donald Duck.’

Doesn’t quite have the ring of ‘Sleepy Joe’ or ‘Crooked Hillary’, does it? The line fell flat.

Ron DeSantis gave it a try.

‘Donald Trump is missing in action,’ DeSantis said. ‘He should be on this stage tonight. He owes it to you to defend his record, where they added $7.8 trillion to the debt, that set the stage for the inflation that we have.’

But Trump was in Detroit, speaking at a rally for striking United Auto Workers, and what he said almost doesn’t matter: In the ultimate power move, he took his stratospheric polling numbers, bolstered by every indictment and judgement that comes down on him, and spent his time with a vanishing American class – the working men and women of the heartland who have long felt abandoned by Democrats and Establishment politicians.

Back in California, there was very little charisma on stage, very little purpose – and instead of joining forces to round-house The Donald, the would-be nominees turned on each other.

Most, it seems, failed to watch back their game-day footage from the first debate.

DeSantis still does that creepy little self-satisfied smile after making a point. His whole body jerks a little, like he’s electrified by what he assumes is his wit or incisiveness.

Mike Pence was as stiff and bloodless as ever, his complexion ghastly.

Vivek Ramaswamy, whose immovable hair grows ever higher, brings to mind nothing more than ‘Spinal Tap’: He has one volume, and it’s always at 11. (read more)

https://theconservativetreehou...nt-care/#more-251321

-rduckwor

would not care
to elaborate
Picture of sse
posted Hide Post
i'm a trump "cultist"

Posts: 2842 | Location: USA | Registered: June 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
DeSantis still does that creepy little self-satisfied smile after making a point.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He's a natural

Posts: 107979 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I've come to a point where I can't listen to anything said by DeSantis. He's become highly cringeworthy for me. I don't believe he's sincere in the things he says and I question his judgement.

It's a shame, because I used to have a great deal of respect for the man, but since he entered the presidential race, I feel like he has displayed poor judgement. His remarks about Donald Trump are a betrayal and some of those remarks have been clumsy and asinine.

I applaud many of the things he's done for the state of Florida, but some of his actions in his governorship have been baffling. I can only conclude that he's merely a politician, meaning that he will at times do and say things calculated for political gain only.

I don't say these things merely because he's a political opponent of Donald Trump. DeSantis is a genuine disappointment, and the more I saw of him, the more disappointing he became.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ I feel exactly the same way.

The thrill is gone...

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38821 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Ron DeSantis’ GOP nomination odds slip; Nikki Haley overtakes him

A.G. Gancarski
October 28, 2023

The Florida Governor is third in the GOP field, and in sixth place overall.

Bettors and investors in the 2024 Republican presidential race are moving away from Ron DeSantis, at least for the moment.

Per the Election Betting Odds website, DeSantis has slumped to a 7.9% chance of winning the GOP nomination, good for third place in the field as of this writing Saturday morning.

DeSantis is down 0.2% in the last day; meanwhile, third place Nikki Haley has surged.

The former South Carolina Governor is at a high point in investor estimation, with an 11.2% chance of getting the Republican nomination.

Haley’s odds have improved by 3.1% over the last 24 hours.

DeSantis and Haley, both of whom will speak during Saturday’s program at the Republican Jewish Coalition meeting in Las Vegas, have jousted over a range of issues that include the proper treatment of the Walt Disney Company and who is more opposed to bringing in refugees from the war-torn Gaza Strip.

Both candidates are far behind Donald Trump, the beneficiary of bettor confidence with a 73.7% chance of winning the nomination for a third time.

Trump also leads the General Election betting market, with a 34.2% chance of winning. President Joe Biden is close behind, ascribed a 33.6% chance of victory based on investor action.

DeSantis is in sixth place in that market, with a 3.5% chance of winning. Gavin Newsom (8.2%), Haley (5.2%), and Robert Kennedy (4.1%) are ahead at this writing, according to the betting trends aggregated from the Betfair, Smarkets, PredictIt, and Polymarket platforms.

Q

Posts: 26692 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post

Posts: 26692 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley- yet another warmonger, delighted to funnel billions of taxpayer dollars into one of the most corrupt countries on the planet, and telling us that we must save the Ukraine or it will be the end of the United States.

She might as well be Hillary Clinton.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, this is just so freakin' weird. Why, Ron, why? Roll Eyes

I don't give a damn if a politician is short. I do understand the need to appear formidable but this is the kind of stuff that turns a presidential candidate into a punchline and kills their campaign.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^
Too Funny – The Most Media Coverage Ever Recorded for Ron DeSantis Is All About His Boot Lifts

You know things have collapsed into an unserious candidacy when this is the predominate conversation about Florida Governor Ron DeSantis. However, it is a little more than just ordinarily funny; it’s factually well-deserved snark.

The issue of Ron DeSantis wearing weird boots and lifts, to give himself the illusion of greater physical stature, has been building over time on various internet discussion formats. Yesterday, podcaster Patrick Bet-David took the issue directly to the source. The discomfort on DeSantis’ face was clear and palpable – even as he claims he is 5′ 11″ at the end of the clip.
WATCH:

Politico even did a forensic and expert analysis using three experts in shoes, boots and lifts [READ HERE]. Seriously, it’s their #1 most read article. lolol Big Grin
The determination by the experts is that Ron DeSantis DOES wear lifts. Everything about this story is hilarious and has become viral internet meme fuel.

Unfortunately, once the meme momentum gains this level of popularity, it sticks.

My sincere apologies in advance, but I must confess to my nonstop laughter.

https://theconservativetreehou...t-lifts/#more-252642

-rduckwor