SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
My other Sig
is a Steyr.
Picture of .38supersig
posted Hide Post
Hmm, I wonder if any of the media is going to cover Trump at Fulton County. Roll Eyes

Posts: 9222 | Location: Somewhere looking for ammo that nobody has at a place I haven't been to for a pistol I couldn't live without... | Registered: December 02, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108081 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Wow, looks like Ron really meant it. Roll Eyes

At times, his personality reminds me of this guy;

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
And if you believe this...

FoxNews poll says DeSantis was debate winner

Roll Eyes

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
It was a Washington Post poll, so it's probably right that the establishment rinos thought DeSantis was the best.

Posts: 4324 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
When it comes to politicians (or anything), actions speak louder than words.

While I agree Desantis seems to be struggling to define how he wants to differentiate himself with Trump, he has already proven he is a solid conservative by the job he has done in Florida. Delivering double digit wins in the midterms on a night where conservatives had alot of disappointment cannot be discounted.

I will vote for Trump based on the fact that he was a good president and we need to stand up to the weaponization of agencies against political rivals, but it blows me away that we now have a narrative that Desantis is a Rino.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I don't think DeSantis is a RINO, I think he's clumsy candidate and he's a politician.

Looking around at the debate to decide what answer he might give? He's a politician, and yes, that's an insult.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I don't think DeSantis is a RINO, I think he's clumsy candidate and he's a politician.

Looking around at the debate to decide what answer he might give? He's a politician, and yes, that's an insult.

The optics on the looking around to see how others were going to answer were bad indeed, I think he would have been able to answer it more intelligently if it wasn't formatted in a childish "raise your hand" question.

I think he has made sound decisions in his term as governor, not everyone does well in the gotcha debate format.

To your point, he is acting more like a politician than a leader which is disappointing but I think he has proven he's a good leader.

Posts: 326 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I swear I had
something for this
posted Hide Post
I'm also not insinuating that DeSantis is a RINO either. I am saying that this Washington Post poll interviewed RINOs that thought DeSantis did the best.

Posts: 4324 | Location: Kansas City, MO | Registered: May 28, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by maxxpower:

I think he has made sound decisions in his term as governor, not everyone does well in the gotcha debate format.

To your point, he is acting more like a politician than a leader which is disappointing but I think he has proven he's a good leader.

DeSantis just might be the best State governor that I've seen in my lifetime. But that doesn't change the fact that he clearly made a huge miscalculation trying to take on Trump in this Presidential election. He may have permanently damaged himself politically, and now he's pretty much painted himself into a corner. What can he do now? Pull out? That won't help him look any better. He's between a rock and a Trump, and that's nowhere good to be.

He tried to take out the King, and he missed.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Nice Avatar! Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9058 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
actions speak louder than words.

In regards to DeSantis, you're right.

I place him in the same room as Pence and Christie- all three betrayed Trump. Some folks in this thread were outraged that Trump was attacking DeSantis earlier in the year; he had good reason, and again, was right all along. DeSantis is now bankrolled by the Deep State, heavily bankrolled, and don't think they don't have a say in all of this. DeSantis is pure politician.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:

DeSantis just might be the best State governor that I've seen in my lifetime. But that doesn't change the fact that he clearly made a huge miscalculation trying to take on Trump in this Presidential election. He may have permanently damaged himself politically, and now he's pretty much painted himself into a corner. What can he do now? Pull out? That won't help him look any better. He's between a rock and a Trump, and that's nowhere good to be.

He tried to take out the King, and he missed.

I agree, Florida is one of the top states to live in and do business because Ron DeSantis stood strong against the tyranny of DC, and while he's a great administrator/politician once in the job, it's well known that DeSantis isn't great at running for office,

All the chatter about hand raising and the other minor bits is disheartening, it's like people just want him to be Trump or it's not good enough, and they ignore his record as FL Governor is outstandingly conservative and successful. Remember none of these debates are designed to make a R look good at anything, ever, wtf is the raising hands, seriously childish and designed to make it problematic.

DeSantis will survive, either by DJT coming out smelling like Roses and getting the nomination, or, DJT having to pull out of the race for being convicted by a Jury, and there is every chance he will be with the left wing jury that will exist in Atlanta, DC or NY regardless of the truth. If so DeSantis gets the nomination.

Get him in the office and deliver a resounding rebuke of the politicians who are not standing up over the lefts use of the legal system to eliminate a political rival, with a new Senate and House that is R and DeSantis will do an outstanding job.

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
DeSantis is now bankrolled by the Deep State, heavily bankrolled, and don't think they don't have a say in all of this.

This is a big concern!

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38849 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
... DJT having to pull out of the race for being convicted by a Jury...

Trump isn't pulling out of this race, conviction or no conviction.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
For those of you who think a felony conviction can stop a person from running for POTUS or being elected POTUS and holding office, think again. The Constitution does not prohibit such a thing.

Unless the Republican National Committee has a death wish, Trump will be the nominee, and the way things are looking now, Donald Trump will be elected, no matter who the leftists prop up for their candidate.

Frankly, I wish they would find a way to indict him again. I'm not kidding.

And don't forget to publish the mugshot for the next arrest.

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Frankly, I wish they would find a way to indict him again. I'm not kidding.

Whatshername in Arizona was threatening to.

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38849 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
That mugshot is already on par with the Frank Sinatra Mug from the late thirties.

Posts: 7289 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
FoxNews reports: A post-debate new poll shows that DeSantis is closing the gap on Trump!
A poll that was done by a firm working for DeSantis. These Trump hating fuckers have no shame. Lol.

Published August 25, 2023 3:00pm EDT

Donald Trump remains on top of the polls among Republican presidential candidates, but the gap between the former president and his onetime political protégé could be narrowing following the first GOP debate.

A new poll from Public Opinion Strategies — a polling firm working for the DeSantis' campaign — shows Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis closing in on Trump among Iowa voters.

Releasing a campaign poll usually comes with an agenda or narrative and so the results should be taken with a grain of salt.

The poll, obtained by Fox News Digital, interviewed 400 Iowa likely GOP caucus-goers and included a ballot test that saw DeSantis rise from 14% support up to 21% post-debate.

Trump slid by one percentage point, from 42% to 41%.

Former South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley also saw a large bump in the polls, rising from 3% support to 11% post-debate, while South Carolina Sen. Tim Scott slid from 8% to 7%.

Businessman Vivek Ramaswamy saw the largest slide, dropping from 10% support to 7%. Former Vice President Mike Pence remained at 2% in the poll.

Both North Dakota Gov. Doug Burgum and former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie dropped from 3% to 1% support after the debate.

Former Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson saw a bump, as well, getting up to 1% support post-debate, up from being below 1% before the debate.

The Public Opinion Strategies poll also found DeSantis closing the gap against Trump in a head-to-head matchup, with DeSantis having 40% support to Trump's 43% post-debate.

Pre-debate, DeSantis largely trailed with 34% compared to Trump's 51%.

The poll also found that DeSantis topped the first debate, with 33% of respondents saying he was the strongest conservative on stage and 34% saying he can defeat Trump.

Thirty-seven percent of respondents said DeSantis would be able to defeat President Biden, while 32% said he was the strongest leader on stage. DeSantis also topped the border issue in the poll.

The second-place candidate was Ramaswamy, who 15% of respondents said was the strongest conservative and 17% said could defeat Biden. Eleven percent said Ramaswamy could defeat Trump.

However, Haley beat Ramaswamy in terms of being the strongest leader among respondents, sitting at 15%. Scott was seen as a strong conservative, with 13% saying he was the strongest.

Pence was also seen as a strong conservative on stage, with 12% viewing him as the strongest conservative Wednesday night.

Ramaswamy also faces some unwelcome news from the poll, which found that the tech entrepreneur "was simply a placeholder position on the debate stage for core Trump voters."

Of respondents who believe Ramaswamy won the Wednesday debate, 60% would vote for Trump in the general election. Twenty-one percent would vote for Ramaswamy and 10% for DeSantis.

Among those who believed DeSantis won the debate, 64% are behind the Florida governor, 28% would vote for Trump, 3% for Scott, and 3% for Haley.

Fifty percent of respondents who believed Haley won the debate said they would be voting for her, while 13% said they would vote for DeSantis, and 12% backed Trump.

The poll was conducted Aug. 24, the day after a fiery Wednesday debate among eight GOP presidential candidates. It had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.9 percentage points.

Q

Posts: 26756 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Closing the gap = still losing

The title could also have been: After R debate, Trump still has double the support of other candidates.

Or DeSantis Still Losing to Trump

Posts: 11156 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post