SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
For those of you who think a felony conviction can stop a person from running for POTUS or being elected POTUS and holding office, think again. The Constitution does not prohibit such a thing.

Unless the Republican National Committee has a death wish, Trump will be the nominee, and the way things are looking now, Donald Trump will be elected, no matter who the leftists prop up for their candidate.

Frankly, I wish they would find a way to indict him again. I'm not kidding.

And don't forget to publish the mugshot for the next arrest.

AZ may give you your wish on an additional indictment, who would have ever thought that two solid Red states would be participating in the 3rd world work of Soros et al in creating an attack on a candidate for POTUS< much less a former POTUS. Mad

With all the people coming across the border and this 3rd world election nonsense could be part of the plan, maybe we should download Babbel app for Spanish. Roll Eyes

The RNC's decision is the key, those indictments are not the only issue, its what they do if he gets convicted. They (the left) are working hard to get one with multiple suits, even AZ is threatening one. The amount of support and polling post conviction might sway the RNC to keep him, if his numbers go up even more, all this could backfire on the left big time.

So the question is, what is the likely hood of a conviction in Atlanta, considering the Grand Jury decision was posted before the decision was made, one can presume that an impartial Jury in Fulton County will be hard to get. Then again, one or two hard core Trump fans on the Jury could hang it and end up in no decision... Jury selection is important as always.

Say the RNC says adios to DJT, can you imagine Trump as an I candidate, it would take a massive amount of the R party vote away, if they think that a 19% loss of votes to Ron Paul in 96 looked bad, wait until you see 50, 75% or more votes go Trump I and your candidate be it DeSantis gets 20% could be the end of the RNC.

Gotta go the wife says she wants the tin foil back since Hurricane Idalia is on the way.... gotta go prep...

Posts: 23731 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Posts: 108081 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
The RNC's decision is the key, those indictments are not the only issue, its what they do if he gets convicted. They (the left) are working hard to get one with multiple suits, even AZ is threatening one. The amount of support and polling post conviction might sway the RNC to keep him, if his numbers go up even more, all this could backfire on the left big time...

Hang tight. I don't think the RNC will cave. It would be suicidal.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
If the RNC turns their back on Donald Trump, they might as well not even bother to nominate a candidate.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Not even trying to be sly, it is so plainly obvious. Jan. 6th trial.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
might sway the RNC to keep him

It's whether Trump keeps the RNC.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13421 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Hang tight. I don't think the RNC will cave. It would be suicidal.

Ronna Romney is as much a part of the deep state as any of them. I put nothing past her/them. Nothing.

Posts: 20199 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
^^^ And he's obviously not bothered at all by that. Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38848 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^

Yeah his wife, who was a campaign strategy focus a couple of months ago, is probably whispering "why are they chanting "TRUMP"?

Boy is out of his league.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Just FYI, that's a doctored video.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
I'm not saying I agree with the tone of this article... but this is how many "dispassionate" political observers currently view the 2024 General Election:

Donald Trump and the 2024 General Election
By Steve McCann

Recently a passionately committed Donald Trump supporter asked me who I would back in 2024 and why are so many pundits claiming that Trump cannot win the general election. In my reply I wrote that while I like both DeSantis and Trump, I will enthusiastically support whoever wins the nomination. My answer to the second part of the question is yes, Trump can win. But he needs to recognize reality and have the strategy in place for an exceedingly difficult election due to the unknown repercussions of the despicable lawfare being waged against him as well as the political and electoral landscape in present-day America. Thus far there has been no indication that the Trump campaign or the Republican National Committee understands or has developed any strategy to win the general election.

The ongoing lawfare against Trump will, in all likelihood, spawn a number of uncontrollable factors. Among them will be Trump’s ability to campaign and the necessity of spending massive sums of campaign cash on legal expenses instead of opposing the Democrat nominee. Additionally, the outcomes of the public trials that will be held prior to the election could potentially result in dramatic negative reactions by the electorate directed towards Trump.

Therefore, the Republican primary voter needs to know what will be the Trump campaign and the Republican National Committee strategy if voter sentiment turns markedly against him and/or multiple states arbitrarily and unconstitutionally attempt to disqualify Trump from their ballots based on the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment.

The political and electoral landscape facing Donald Trump can be broken down into four component parts: 1) the impact of changing voter demographics, 2) the perception of Trump by the voters, 3) the unique status of five battleground states, and 4) the high probability that Joe Biden, due to rapidly deteriorating health and mounting scandals, will drop out of the race,

The Brookings Institution recently published an article highlighting how the younger voters (Millennials and Generation Z) are poised to upend American politics. In 2024 they will account for over half of the total population and nearly half of all registered voters. The Democrats have long focused on registering and engaging this voting bloc while the Republicans have essentially ignored them.

In the 2022 mid-terms younger voters backed Democrat Senate and House candidates by a 57-40% margin. Senator John Fetterman, despite being noticeably incapacitated from a stroke, won in Pennsylvania because 63% of 18-44-year-olds voted for him.

Trump has never been viewed favorably by this voting bloc. Even in the pre-pandemic year of 2019 when the economy was soaring, his favorability rating among voters 18-34 years-old was just 37%. At present younger voters are unhappy with Biden and still have an extraordinarily low favorable (23%) opinion of Trump.

However, there is also ample evidence that a significant segment of younger voters are beginning to shift rightward and are open to conservative principles after experiencing the failures of Democrat Party governance. Trump and the Republicans must exploit that opening if he is to win.

In 2016, Hillary Clinton and Donald Trump each won 88% of the vote of their respective parties, the deciding factor -- Trump won Independents by a 46-42% margin. In 2020 Biden and Trump each won 94% of the vote of their respective parties, the deciding factor -- Biden won Independents by a 54-41% margin.

However, per a poll published on August 15, 2023, Independents believe by a 57-37% margin that Trump should be prosecuted for attempting to overturn the results of the 2020 election. Further, 63% of Independents stated that the trials should take place before the election. And 53% believe he is guilty of the alleged crimes in the election subversion indictment.

Trump must win among Independents in 2024 and it appears that the indictments against him weigh heavily on this vital voting bloc. Therefore, how well Trump and his team convince the electorate of his innocence as well as the speciousness of the charges and malevolence of the Justice Department may determine how Independents vote in 2024.

Over the past twenty years due to demographic changes, population shifts, and new voting patterns, twenty states and the District of Columbia, representing 233 electoral votes, are currently Democrat strongholds and 25 states, representing 232 electoral votes, are currently Republican strongholds. Thus, the 2024 election will again be decided by whoever wins at least three of the following battleground states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

In 2016, Trump won all five and in 2020, Biden won all five. At present neither Trump nor Biden are popular as nearly 63% of registered voters in the battleground states say they would prefer to back a centrist third-party candidate if the election features a rematch between Biden and Trump.

Further, the results of the 2022 mid-term elections may portend an ominous outcome for Donald Trump. All five battleground states held gubernatorial elections in 2022, all five candidates that Trump endorsed and campaigned for lost their elections.

However, a July 2023 poll suggests that as long as Biden stays in the race, and faces any third party challenger, Trump could conceivably win 2-3 battleground states.

Accordingly, the Democrats are well aware that Donald Trump’s best chance to win in 2024 is to run against Joe Biden who, like Trump, is also currently saddled with an abysmal 31% national favorability rating. Thus, the party hierarchy is growing increasingly concerned about Joe Biden’s electability due to obvious failing health and ongoing revelations of egregious potential criminality that have been and will continue to be exposed.

There can be little doubt that within the corridors of the Democrat Establishment conversations are presently taking place about what to do with Kamala Harris and Biden’s exit from the race but not the presidency. The bottom line: it is highly unlikely that Joe Biden will be the Democrat nominee for president.

The Democrats have until their convention in August of 2024 to choreograph Biden’s exit. By doing so they recast the campaign heavily in their favor as they would still have Trump to pillory, the Republicans would have wasted vast sums of campaign funds on opposing Biden, and the Democrats would have a new face of their campaign to promote without the baggage that defending Biden would entail.

In order to win in 2024, Trump, his campaign, and his hand-picked Chairman of the Republican National Committee, Ronna McDaniel, must conceive and execute a bold strategy to 1) address the factors that alienate younger voters who at present are not irrevocably lost to the Democrats, and 2) focus on the winning over independent voters. They also need to assume that Joe Biden will, in all probability, not be the opponent and be prepared to adjust the campaign accordingly.

The Trump campaign and the RNC must also singlemindedly address and promote mail-in voting, ballot harvesting, early voting, and precinct by precinct oversight in the battleground states.

The importance of the 2024 election cannot be overstated. If this nation is controlled for another four to eight years by a political party that hates America there will be no turning back. Thus, the question of whether Trump can win the general election is one that has to be dispassionately considered by both Donald Trump and Republican primary voters.

https://www.americanthinker.co...eneral_election.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
President Trump doesn't need a strategy. He could adopt biden's cry alone in a basement strategy and would still get my vote. The Trump Train is full speed ahead and there are no brakes.

Posts: 701 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the past twenty years due to demographic changes, population shifts, and new voting patterns, twenty states and the District of Columbia, representing 233 electoral votes, are currently Democrat strongholds and 25 states, representing 232 electoral votes, are currently Republican strongholds. Thus, the 2024 election will again be decided by whoever wins at least three of the following battleground states: Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin.

In 2016, Trump won all five and in 2020, Biden won all five.

What the article gets right is the importance of Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin. What the article gets blatantly wrong is ignoring what happened in those 5 states in 2020. The article completely ignores voter fraud which is how those 5 states were "won" by Joe Biden.

-rduckwor

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^
Chicken dinner…

quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
[President Trump] could adopt biden's cry alone in a basement strategy and would still get my vote.
Same same…

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Well I don’t disagree with you guys but there is a large chunk of “independent” voters who often decide elections.

The left is hoping the barrage of law suits against Trump will make him unelectable in the eyes of Independents and those who do not follow politics closely.

Only time will tell if that strategy was worth the divisive and destructive precedent it set.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21168 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
What do those independent voters think of 7-8% mortgage rates?

Posts: 11154 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
The left is hoping the barrage of law suits against Trump will make him unelectable in the eyes of Independents and those who do not follow politics closely.
It seems to me that all their indictments and especially that mug shot, have offset whatever "independents" decide to do.

And I'm sorry, but I can't help but equate 'independent' with 'undecided', and if you're undecided this late in the game, you're an idiot- a genuine, dyed in the wool, honest to God idiot.

Busier than a cat covering
crap on a marble floor
Picture of Z06
posted Hide Post
Got this one in my morning deluge of emails. I have always voted for DJT starting with the ’16 AZ presidential primary. This article is thought provoking.

After the first Republican primary debate, not much has changed: Donald Trump is still the perceived primary frontrunner. Ron DeSantis is in second place, with the potential to move up.
Trump’s Lead Drops By 6 Points After Skipping Debate
Sure, Vivek Ramaswamy got himself some name recognition, which he sorely lacks and will help him in garbage online polls, but a significant post-debate bounce hasn’t materialized for him.However, a lane has emerged for Trump alternatives, a necessity for those who recognize the cold, hard truth that Donald Trump cannot win a general election. The former president’s decision to skip the debate (and likely future ones) certainly doesn’t hurt with his core base. There is little—if anything—that can change the mind of a Trump zealot. But there is more, much more, to the American electorate and even the Republican electorate than the very noisy, but very small, Trump base.
For the record, I have nothing against Trump or his base, but I am against inevitable losing with Trump—again. I supported Trump and his policies in 2016 and 2020, and if Trump actually wins the primary, I’ll vote for him again, unlike the “Trump-only” cultists.

But I actually want to win in 2024, and Trump can’t. According to the latest cutting-edge “anti-polling” data analysis from Iowa, which measures actual public sentiment (unlike the garbage of traditional polling), Trump can claim 31 percent of likely Iowa Republican caucus voters, while 34 percent are flat-out against him and fully 35 percent are neutral—but, if you’re not for Trump already, you’re never going to be.
The Iowa numbers reveal Trump’s longtime Achilles heel: He simply cannot appeal to voters outside the Trump base—not anymore. Swing voters have resoundingly abandoned the former president, locking him into a loud, but ultimately limited, base of supporters that may eke out a plurality win in a primary. But that isn’t nearly enough to sway a general election.

Trump will always have a grip on his loyal base, but it’s a ceiling, not a floor. There is no room for growth when most swing voters (and many former Trump voters) are just done with him. The supposed solution—that millions upon millions of Biden voters will suddenly realize they were wrong, and vote Trump—is as stupid as it sounds.

While DeSantis’ debate performance was most likely not enough to sway loyal Trump voters, swing voters had a different take. According to the monitoring of more than 40,000 swing voters—and what they actually say when they aren’t being polled (anti-polling)—they saw a candidate who turned in a solid, steady performance, which speaks to DeSantis’ grown-up style of governance—no distractions, no side shows, just leadership. Among swing voters, Florida’s successful governor very much remains one of the leading contenders for the presidency.

Why? Because most voters want an adult in the room.

Trump’s fundamental challenge is that he cannot win re-election without swing voters, and they have absolutely and irrevocably abandoned him. Over 15 months worth of anti-polling research, coupled with a massive, nine-month study of 19 million voters across the ideological spectrum, shows that Trump is completely underwater among swing voters. Joe Biden may not be too far ahead of him, but the sitting president can still win them back. Trump simply can’t. Meanwhile, DeSantis would clearly beat Biden in 2024.

That may all come down to Iowa, where 69 percent of likely Iowa caucus-goers aren’t going to vote for Trump. Given a credible, conservative, and electable alternative, the garbage polling narrative of Trump’s strength will be debunked as an obvious myth.
Every candidate should earn every vote, but DeSantis is best positioned to marshal a party that largely reflects his values and admires his success, and to take an Iowa win all the way to the nomination. It matters for the simplest reason: Nominating Trump will cost Republicans the general election (and likely the House and deeper losses in the Senate).

But DeSantis can beat Biden, and lead a party that has lost three straight Trump-led elections off the back of bad polling back to actually winning.
Real, reliable data—rather than the endless stream of garbage polling—shows Trump is toxic to Republican chances in 2024, and a majority of GOP primary voters are readily open to alternatives, with DeSantis being the most viable. The electability question is perfect for the debate stage, if Trump had the guts to stand on it. But, just because Trump ducks debate with DeSantis doesn’t make the question go away.

The only answer for Republicans is to nominate an actually electable candidate. Only one candidate has a chance with swing voters, and his name isn’t Donald Trump.

If winning matters, Ron DeSantis is the only bet. Can we, as Republicans and conservatives, put factionalism aside and win?

Dan Becker is a veteran campaign counsel, having served more than 100 candidates and PACs, including Ready to Win. He practices law as a Member of Chalmers, Adams, Backer & Kaufman LLC.

Posts: 4072 | Location: AZ | Registered: July 18, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Z06, I'll allow it this time, but it is a long-standing rule in this forum that members should never post items they get via email.