SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
All DeSantis had to do is govern Florida until 2028 and he'd of been a high-heeled boot shoe in.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24173 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

SIGforum: For all your needs!
Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
All DeSantis had to do is govern Florida until 2028 and he'd of been a high-heeled boot shoe in.
I see what you did there....

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of abnmacv
posted Hide Post
DeSantis is unlikable and unelectable in a national race. He will drop out, Nikki will replace him as the #2.

U.S. Army 11F4P Vietnam 69-70 NRA Life Member

Posts: 1569 | Registered: June 11, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
He should have just stayed out of it, waited until 2028, but as it stands now, DeSantis is looking pathetic. I don't say this to put him down; it's just true.

The problem is that he's not going to drop out until he's humiliated completely. I think this is obvious. I have serious reservations about the man's judgement.

https://twitter.com/JackPosobi.../1725206898759086090

Posts: 107728 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Firearms Enthusiast
Picture of Mustang-PaPa
posted Hide Post
Hey tipi-toes how uncomfortable is it sitting in that chair?

Posts: 18049 | Location: South West of Fort Worth, Tx. | Registered: December 26, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Desantis' use of lifts is worthy of discussion as an indication of his questionable judgement and the poor advice he has received in his campaign, but forum policy is still in force, meaning we should concentrate on a person's words and actions.

If the man stumbles on his lifts at a campaign event, or he is confronted about his use of lifts in a direct way which demands answers from him, we can revisit the subject. Otherwise, it's words and actions and nothing but.

Frankly, I am embarrassed for him.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:

DeSantis is looking pathetic.

The man has fallen from grace, it really is amazing the change in the course of a year. He is Scott Walker with more campaign funds to spend. There is no enthusiasm for him, none, and it takes grabbing the public by the heart for a candidate to win (except for Joe). If he truly thinks getting an endorsement from Kim Reynolds is the mark of a winner, he is truly delusional, the man has failed to get many endorsements from politicians in his own state.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16725 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley Hires Romney-Ryan Money Man Amidst JP Morgan Endorsement Chatter.

Spencer Zwick, a GOP fundraiser with deep connections to mega-donors, is reportedly joining Nikki Haley’s 2024 Republican presidential primary campaign. A founding partner of Solamere Capital, Zwick served as National Fundraising Chair on Mitt Romney’s 2012 presidential campaign, and is known to have connections to GOP mega-donors with deep pockets.

In early October, Zwick hosted several of the Republican presidential candidates at his annual E2 Summit in Deer Valley, Utah. The question of ‘How to defeat Donald Trump‘ dominated much of the discussion at the event. According to Zwick, those in attendance were “sincerely looking for an alternative to Donald Trump.” In joining the Haley campaign, Zwick appears to have not just found his Trump-alternative, but hoping to convince the Republican establishment that she is the alternative as well.

The Haley campaign staffing news comes amidst chatter that JP Morgan CEO Jamie Dimon has been holding private, informal phone conversations with the candidate. The private conversations have lead to increasing speculation that Dimon is close to endorsing – and financially backing – the former Governor of South Carolina and U.N. Ambassador’s presidential bid.

While Florida Governor Ron DeSantis’s campaign continues to falter, Haley has used two relatively strong debate performances to build some momentum among ‘Anti-Trump’ primary voters. Polling now shows Haley and DeSantis in a close battle for second place nationally, while the former-U.N. Ambassador has pulled ahead of DeSantis in the early primary states of New Hampshire and South Carolina. Former President Donald Trump continues to hold a near insurmountable lead in primary polling and is by-far-and-away the front-runner for the 2024 Republican presidential nomination.

https://thenationalpulse.com/2...endorsement-chatter/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24173 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
What can I say, he sure is fun to watch...

Enjoy this clip of long-shot presidential candidate Vivek Ramaswamy easily handling a “gotcha” interview on CNN:

https://twitter.com/VivekGRama.../1725000895950172671

Vivek’s clip showed a terrific technique that I often teach my deposition clients, called “rejecting the premise.” Rather than answer the question at face value, you challenge the question’s premise instead. Vivek beautifully demonstrated the method.

Somebody should really put together a week-long seminar for Republicans on how to handle obnoxious Corporate Media reporters. It could just be clips of Trump, Vivek, and Governor DeSantis, and nobody would fall asleep, even in the afternoon sessions. We need all the Republicans to learn how to do it, so they’ll stop fearing the media.

https://www.coffeeandcovid.com...ack&utm_medium=email

-rduckwor

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post

Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
After all the tapes just released, that sounds like a very poor move!

Imagine our influence if every gun owner in America was an NRA member! Click the box>>>

Posts: 38722 | Location: SC Lowcountry/Cape Cod | Registered: November 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Some of these people have lost sight of what's important, or maybe they never knew in the first place. All I know is that I see a lot of misguided people propping up Ron DeSantis.

It seems obvious that DeSantis is staying in the race because he thinks there's a good chance Trump will be eliminated somehow. He thinks the RNC may abandon him. It's possible, but if they do, whoever they nominate will not become POTUS. He thinks prison may get him, but if people think being indicted boosted Trump's popularity, they ain't seen nothin' if he goes to jail, and lacking very specific crimes, a felon may still be elected POTUS, yes, even while incarcerated.
The fact that many of the DeSantis people are cheering for Trump to be railroaded by our enemies is indicative of how far off the beam these people are.

DeSantis is misguided and many of his supporters are misguided. It's a real mess, and ultimately, it will have all been for nothing.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
All the seeming also rans repubs appear to waiting like vultures if the dims shenanigans work on DT.

It's like they have inside info that DT will becomes unqualified. It seems more than hope.

Posts: 7482 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by pbslinger:
It's like they have inside info that DT will becomes unqualified. It seems more than hope.
Oh, horse shit.

Can we please put away the conspiracy theories? Please don't behave as if you've never seen hopeless candidates in a presidential election. We see them every election.

Exceptional Circumstances
Picture of dave7378
posted Hide Post
There is a lot about DeSantis that I like. Where he went wrong was turning his nose up at the man that was most responsible for DeSantis's meteoric rise. If he was wise he would have toed the line, thrown his support behind Trump and perhaps waited until 2028. He was in a great spot to further his political career by just being gracious to the man that helped him. Now he is starting to look a little silly.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 5914 | Location: Hampton Bays, NY | Registered: October 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Partial dichotomy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now he is starting to look a little silly.

More than a little I think.

Yes, 2028 would have been his time. He should have done exactly as you said.

Never miss an opportunity
to be Batman!
Picture of jsbcody
posted Hide Post
What the "Also Rans" aren't thinking about is IF the legal battles do take down Trump, then the leftist shits will DO the exact same thing to them. Their playbook is thin but they keep getting away with running the same scams over and over again.

Posts: 3954 | Location: St.Louis County MO | Registered: October 13, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Some of these people have lost sight of what's important, or maybe they never knew in the first place. All I know is that I see a lot of misguided people propping up Ron DeSantis.

There is news of infighting in the campaign and with the DeSantis Super PAC Never Back Down, tensions high because Haley is overtaking their golden boy, and dwindling money and donors. Now DeSantis and his wife have urged a new PAC to be formed from scratch, and they have to figure out funding as well, since most of their money has been spent in Iowa, and Haley has passed him there in polls.

It is Keystone Kops trying to prop up an unelectable candidate, it smells like they're in it for the dough they can leech out of a failed candidate.

https://www.breitbart.com/poli...ave-stick-up-your-a/