SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The goal of the others all along was to be best of the rest and don't attack Trump too much while waiting for his legal situation, or some bad move, to trip him up and put him out of the race somehow.

If that happened, you have to be there in a solid second place.

That's looking like a big Hail Mary at this point.

Otherwise, being second fiddle and VP is a holding pattern to having an advantage for the nomination in most elections. I don't see anyone other than Vivek playing that card.

Posts: 9640 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Plus there is the idea of why attack Trump at all? You alienate a huge chunk of voters for little gain. You make democrats happy but you aren't getting their vote anyway. Soft pedal the Trump stuff, if he falls to the wayside great, if he doesn't then also great. No upside in my mind. Or more correctly, not enough of an upside.

Posts: 7540 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 18, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
Well, Nikki Haley considers DeSantis to be 2nd fiddle to her, she reportedly considered the idea of making him her V.P., and of course he refused to accept. But this action shows how far downhill he has slid since he announced.

https://www.breitbart.com/clip...r-any-circumstances/

Yeah... but if you read his comments, it's not too bad. It reflects more negatively on Nikki Haley.

“Well, I can tell you I am not going to accept that under any circumstances,” DeSantis replied. “You know, I’m running for president because I think we need somebody that can win and get the job done. But I would much rather do my final two years as governor 20 — ’25 and ’26 than then be vice president. I don’t think it’s a position that offers much. I want to make an impact, Neil. I’m in office to be able to deliver results to people and to take a position where you’re not going to be able to deliver results for anyone. That just doesn’t appeal to me.”

“I do think though it’s interesting,” he continued. “She refuses to rule out whether she would be Donald Trump’s running mate if Trump would be the nominee. And that’s, I think, important because she’s really catered to a lot of Democrat donors, Democrat-leaning voters. A lot of people that are basically very anti-Trump and have actually donated a lot of money in the past to oppose Donald Trump. And so they’re viewing her as the vessel to be an anti-Trumper. And yet, she will not rule this out. So the question is, why can’t she just give a straight answer? Either yes she would accept or no you would not. And instead, we get the typical politician speak. I’ve said definitively, no, that’s not what I’m running for and we’re in it to win it.”

He's right about that: Nikki Haley wants to keep that option open. Donald Trump (I hope) won't stoop to picking Nikki Haley as VP.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I guess if you're going to burn that bridge, burn it all the way.

https://twitter.com/LauraLoome.../1744017035888132485

Posts: 108081 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

The rest of Loomer's Tweet, and I agree with her.

quote:
When asked what he would have done differently than President Trump on January 6th, DeSantis said:

"I would've won the election and it would never have even been an issue."

@RonDeSantis once again claims the 2020 election wasn’t stolen. This is disqualifying.

@RonDeSantis must never be allowed to hold office ever again.

He and his wife are both cancers in the GOP.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
He has made himself as electable as a bucket of warmed over puke. It's a good thing he decided to run for pres this time or we may have never known just how abominable he truly is, because as gov. of Florida he pulled off a box office hit that would make Broadway proud.

Posts: 523 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of creslin
posted Hide Post
https://www.thegatewaypundit.c...on-trophy-town-hall/

Man Attempts to Hand DeSantis “Participation Trophy” at Town Hall, Calls Him “Little Snowflake”

A town hall meeting featuring Governor Ron DeSantis took an unexpected turn when a local man approached the stage attempting to present the governor with a “participation trophy” two days before the Iowa caucus.

The man, whose identity remains undisclosed, approached the stage with a small trophy in hand to thank DeSantis for at least participating in the 2024 GOP presidential primaries.

“Real quick before we get started. Thank you everyone. Governor DeSantis, I want to present to you this participation trophy,” the man said.

“Now, you’re probably not gonna win the election, right? But we’re proud of you for trying. He’s special. He’s unique and he’s our little snowflake,” he added.

This is where my signature goes.

Posts: 1553 | Location: Kernersville, NC | Registered: June 04, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by clipper1:
He has made himself as electable as a bucket of warmed over puke. It's a good thing he decided to run for pres this time or we may have never known just how abominable he truly is, because as gov. of Florida he pulled off a box office hit that would make Broadway proud.

Wtf? Are some of you for real? Yeah, running for president was a huge miscalculation and he's run a terrible campaign, but give me a break. A campaign is nothing but talk and promises. It's also brutal. Everyone comes out beaten and bloody. DeSantis though has actually proven that he's an excellent governor and has undoubtedly been a godsend to the State of Florida. I've even said that he's the best governor I've seen in my lifetime, and i still believe that. The only other candidate that can run on his governing record is Trump (and Christie but he's irrelevant). To say that DeSantis was a phony as governor is blatantly dishonest.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I meant to imply that Ron had all the marbles in his favor here in Florida, all of congress, supreme ct, and a great cabinet, and I believe that in general the voting public believe the rhetoric that he will do the same if elected president ain't necessarily so because not even Trump will be so fortunate. There is no doubt that as governor of our state his record is unbeatable. I just wish that he had not succumbed to the pressure to run in '24 and forget the promise he made to fulfill his office as governor before making a presidential run. He also in a smooth move got the State Law changed so that he would not have to give up his job as governor in order to run. I also don't think keeping his travel records (and I think donors) private was not becoming. Neither was dressing up Casey to mimic Jackie and then dressing her down as an every day mom a good ploy and was a cheap transparent publicity stunt. If he by chance gets the nomination I will definitely vote for him based on his record as governor and not all the talk and promises. I also loathe the Trump/DeSantis pissing match but maybe it was inevitable and detracts from all. Idols have feet of clay. I can honestly say I have run off the mouth no worse than all the folks we choose to vote for, no more no less, no harm intended. I always enjoy your posts BH.
My typing is miserably slow and I blame it on age but I would like to add that when the time comes to elect a new governor for our state my hope is that our current Atty Gen will be the one to get the nod. So, I will leave it at that. God bless us all... attribution to Mr. Dickens not plagiarism.

Posts: 523 | Location: Ocala, FL | Registered: October 09, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
I just wish that he had not succumbed to the pressure to run in '24 and forget the promise he made to fulfill his office as governor before making a presidential run.

You and me both, brother.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30557 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also don't think keeping his travel records (and I think donors) private was not becoming.

A few months ago, a person from one of his Super PACs revealed that the reason for this was because Ronny and his wife were using corporate jets from his donors on the campaign trail, and wanted to keep this info from the public, bad optics, ya know Roll Eyes. Pure politician, that Ronny is.

From Iowa yesterday, I love the comments about how many DeSantis supporters were present

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16817 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
Dems Hatch "Republicans For A Day" Scheme To Boost Haley Vs. Trump In Iowa Caucuses
Roll Eyes
Iowa Democrats and independents have a plan to make a dent in former President Donald Trump's massive lead over the rest of the GOP field - help Nikki Haley by becoming "Republicans for a day" during the Iowa caucuses.

According to Axios, "crossover" voting is a low-key tradition in the Iowa event, as the state allows day-of party registration for voters, while Democrats aren't holding in-person presidential caucuses this year - providing the perfect opportunity for uniparty Democrats to support yet another perpetual war candidate.

As Don McLeese of west Des Moines told Axios, the crossover voting scheme gives anti-Trumpers "a chance to diminish Trump's inevitability," adding "I'll hold my nose and caucus for Haley."

Iowa Republican precinct captain for Haley, Lyle Hansen, acknowledged that "there could be a good crossover" vote for Haley, because Democrats "get to come over and pick the candidate for Biden to oppose."

Des Moines Democrat Jonathan Neiderbach told the outlet "I believe all Americans should cast a vote against Donald Trump every chance we have."

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-trump-iowa-caucuses

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24260 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:

Des Moines Democrat Jonathan Neiderbach told the outlet "I believe all Americans should cast a vote against Donald Trump every chance we have."

How oh so democratic of you.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
Dems Hatch "Republicans For A Day" Scheme To Boost Haley Vs. Trump In Iowa Caucuses
Roll Eyes
Iowa Democrats and independents have a plan to make a dent in former President Donald Trump's massive lead over the rest of the GOP field - help Nikki Haley by becoming "Republicans for a day" during the Iowa caucuses.

According to Axios, "crossover" voting is a low-key tradition in the Iowa event, as the state allows day-of party registration for voters, while Democrats aren't holding in-person presidential caucuses this year - providing the perfect opportunity for uniparty Democrats to support yet another perpetual war candidate.

As Don McLeese of west Des Moines told Axios, the crossover voting scheme gives anti-Trumpers "a chance to diminish Trump's inevitability," adding "I'll hold my nose and caucus for Haley."

Iowa Republican precinct captain for Haley, Lyle Hansen, acknowledged that "there could be a good crossover" vote for Haley, because Democrats "get to come over and pick the candidate for Biden to oppose."

https://www.zerohedge.com/poli...-trump-iowa-caucuses
That sh*t is illegal in Texas voting. You have to vote on your party's candidates in ALL primary elections.

Please correct me if I'm wrong...

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Rumors of my death
are greatly exaggerated
Picture of coloradohunter44
posted Hide Post
Way to go Iowa! 51% for Trump!

"Someday I hope to be half the man my bird-dog thinks I am."

FBLM LGB!

Posts: 10938 | Location: Commirado | Registered: July 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
So, just watching DeSantis on Fox and it appears that he is taking a victory lap ...bbbbutt you lost Ron, lost . Confused

Posts: 23017 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
goodheart
Picture of sjtill
posted Hide Post
Vivek gave a great concession speech, has withdrawn and is fully supporting Trump. He will be a major asset for Trump’s campaign and administration.

And BTW DJT hasn’t lost a step in the last three years.

Posts: 18164 | Location: One hop from Paradise | Registered: July 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Good news!
Also glad Nikki didn’t do well.

-rduckwor

Picture of erj_pilot
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:
So, just watching DeSantis on Fox and it appears that he is taking a victory lap ...bbbbutt you lost Ron, lost . Confused
He beat Nikki, so in his one-celled gray matter, that’s a win for him.

"If you’re a leader, you lead the way. Not just on the easy ones; you take the tough ones too…” – MAJ Richard D. Winters (1918-2011), E Company, 2nd Battalion, 506th Parachute Infantry Regiment, 101st Airborne

"Woe to those who call evil good, and good evil... Therefore, as tongues of fire lick up straw and as dry grass sinks down in the flames, so their roots will decay and their flowers blow away like dust; for they have rejected the law of the Lord Almighty and spurned the word of the Holy One of Israel." - Isaiah 5:20,24

Posts: 11066 | Location: NW Houston | Registered: April 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by smschulz:

Oh, yeah, he has Trump against the ropes . He put everything into Iowa, his campaign people admitted in the middle of last year that Iowa was make or break.
quote:

DeSantis took the stage for a few minutes at a campaign party in West Des Moines after he secured second place.

“Because of your support, in spite of all of that they threw at us, everyone against us — we’ve got our ticket punched out of Iowa,” he said.

DeSantis spent millions in the Hawkeye State, visited all 99 counties and cultivated the endorsements of popular Iowa Gov. Kim Reynolds. Never Back Down, the super PAC supporting his candidacy, also spent more than nine months building a ground game and appointing 1,600 precinct captains across the state.

... and still lost by a landslide in his first primary. And New Hampshire is going to be even tougher, since he is polling behind Haley.

https://theconservativetreehou...punched/#more-254837