SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
[…] “There are four basic must-dos,” one of the memos urges Mr. DeSantis, whom the document refers to as “GRD.”

[…] “1. Attack Joe Biden and the media 3-5 times. 2. State GRD’s positive vision 2-3 times. 3. Hammer Vivek Ramaswamy in a response. 4. Defend Donald Trump in absentia in response to a Chris Christie attack.”

The documents were posted this week on the website of Axiom Strategies, the company owned by Jeff Roe, the chief strategist of Mr. DeSantis’s super PAC, Never Back Down.

So ANOTHER change in the campaign for Ronny.
DeSantis changes strategy more times than I change my underwear.

Trump is absolutely right in staying out of the first debate, he does not need it. He is basically the incumbent for much of the country, and his policies have been clear for years. The rest of the candidates are fighting for crumbs, with some of them vying for a V.P slot.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16734 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by goose5:
Oh, good Lord. Succession? Civil war? From a majority of the population that doesn't pay attention to politics for more than two weeks every four years? From a population that is overly obese and addicted to their cell phones? The left can't even vote in their best interest to keep crime and corruption at bay. The right keeps voting for the same old shit promised by politicians for 50 years, and never delivered. The people don't have the stones for either secession or civil war. Divide and conquer politics of both sides are playing you like a Stradivarius. Ideology baby. It's what's for dinner.

I am reminded of the 3% stat often quoted regarding the Revolutionary War.

You don't need a large portion of the population driven to action to see chaos and to have your life disrupted.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
quote:
[…] “There are four basic must-dos,” one of the memos urges Mr. DeSantis, whom the document refers to as “GRD.”

[…] “1. Attack Joe Biden and the media 3-5 times. 2. State GRD’s positive vision 2-3 times. 3. Hammer Vivek Ramaswamy in a response. 4. Defend Donald Trump in absentia in response to a Chris Christie attack.”

The documents were posted this week on the website of Axiom Strategies, the company owned by Jeff Roe, the chief strategist of Mr. DeSantis’s super PAC, Never Back Down.

So ANOTHER change in the campaign for Ronny.

Trump is absolutely right in staying out of the first debate, he does not need it. He is basically the incumbent for much of the country, and his policies have been clear for years. The rest of the candidates are fighting for crumbs, with some of them vying for a V.P slot.

It's a recommendation of a PAC, unassociated with the campaign. We should be focusing on defeating democrats, not each other.

Posts: 3666 | Location: Nashville | Registered: July 23, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:

TMI

Blessed be the Lord, my Rock

Posts: 15917 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
The political divide in our country is not at the state level. The political divide is instead between leftist urban population centers and the sea of conservative rural areas that surround them. Suburbs are purple and lean either conservative or left on a spectrum of issues. But in nearly every state in the union, there are entrenched leftists controlling at least one major metropolitan area.

The idea of a secession or balkanization would not take place without forced flight or relocation of leftists from conservative leaning states. I just do not see that happening.

I also do not believe that there will be a violent response by the right, regardless of the stunts that the left pull in 2024. The narrative about right wing "terror" is a shallow narrative pushed by partisans in the media only; it just isn't reality.

The only political groups emboldened to commit mass violence in this country are hardcore leftists. They have faced few repercussions for myriad acts of terror, arson, and extreme political violence in 2020 and 2021.

If Trump somehow manages to avoid the steal and is elected, there will be escalating violence from the leftist groups.

Posts: 718 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
No shit!

quote:
Originally posted by RichardC:
quote:

TMI

Posts: 1981 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ron DeSantis needs “to take a sledgehammer” to Vivek Ramaswamy, the political newcomer who is rising in the polls. He should “defend Donald Trump” when Chris Christie inevitably attacks the former president. And he needs to “attack Joe Biden and the media” no less than three to five times.

Ron, There's a reason Vivek Ramaswamy is rising in the polls. He's a pretty deep thinker...

Tucker Carslon News - Ep. 17 Vivek Ramaswamy is the youngest Republican presidential candidate ever

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Domari Nolo
Picture of Chris17404
posted Hide Post
Well worth the 1 hour and 45 minutes. I really like Vivek.

Posts: 2338 | Location: York, PA | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do the next
right thing
Picture of bobtheelf
posted Hide Post
I don't trust Vivek's sudden change of heart from where he was three years ago, nor do I believe he's actually running for himself. Giuliani even said he was a "great addition to the campaign".

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ron, There's a reason Vivek Ramaswamy is rising in the polls. He's a pretty deep thinker...

Yes, Ramaswamy not only presents himself as a bright, intelligent man, but has tons more charisma than Ron. He has it down pat, talking directly to people in an engaging manner in crowds, or on camera. Ramaswamy is also smart enough to know he will not be POTUS, IMO he is campaigning for the V.P. spot. He always defends Trump, and Trump likes the guy, speaking highly of his personality and intelligence.

But after looking into his past, I too have one suspicious eye on him as well. I still think he would make a great VP choice because he doesn't appear to be a Deep State Uniparty stooge. And out of all of the current candidates running, I think he could remain loyal to Trump.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16734 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Vivek is my Goldilocks candidate for VP. I think it might have been Rogue who posted a very longer interview between Vivek and Mike Rowe.

This is the one. 308: Can You Handle the Truth with Vivek Ramaswamy

It took me a little while to listen to it in its entirety but when I finished it was at that point that I became a supporter of Vivek. I’m glad he is putting himself out there and doing interviews with friendly and hostile people and handling both with grace.

His interview with Charlamagne tha God (what a stupid alias) aka Lenard Larry McKelvey is a good sample of what he will face against our corrupt, feckless corporate limp dick media. The honesty and integrity come across pretty damn clear in that interview. I wanted to scream at that progressive bitch interviewing her and let her know how much of a hero she is in her own mind. Big Grin

To me he would balance the ticket beautifully. Imagine the left screaming how all republicans are racist and then having to face down a brilliant rebuttal from Vivek!! I want to see that happen.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21138 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...ound-crooked-hillary

Oh, according to DeSantis, those of us loyal to Donald Trump are "listless vessels".
quote:
"Because if you’re not rooted in principle, if all we are is listless vessels that are just supposed to follow, you know, whatever happens to come down the pike on Truth Social every morning, that’s not going to be a durable movement," he continued during an interview with the Florida Standard, referring to Trump’s social media website.
That was a really stupid thing to say, and I do believe I detect a hint of desperation. He might as well just have called all of us 'stupid'. I won't even touch the part about being unprincipled.

And, "durable movement"? Damn, Ron, just how do you define a durable movement, if you don't consider eight years through thick and thin to be a durable movement? Donald Trump has been indicted four times by the swamp, some eighty felony charges, and here we are, still. Goddamn, man. Are you blind?

Posts: 107794 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
Fucker is totally desperate. Let him sink further.

Q

Posts: 26553 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
It appears DeSantis just had his 'deplorables' moment...

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 8982 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Shades of Scott Walker.

As Q posted, pure desperation. Backed into a corner, he shows his true colors.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, according to DeSantis, those of us loyal to Donald Trump are "listless vessels".

That was a really stupid thing to say, and I do believe I detect a hint of desperation.

Yeah... he's digging himself into a deeper hole.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24191 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Desantis has become a massive disappointment in a hurry. The only "listless vessels" I see have beltway backed RINOs at the helm.

Posts: 718 | Location: FL | Registered: July 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Diablo Blanco
Picture of dking271
posted Hide Post
There is literally no upside for Trump to participate in the first debate. Mike Pence and Chris Christie will never be President and their sole purpose is to attack Trump. Vivek says he will not accept the VP role as he and Trump are designed to lead, we’ll see if he changes his mind if offered. DeSantis is flopping worse than I ever anticipated. He reminds me very much of John McCain. There are many in the race I’d plug my nose and Force my vote, and a few I will not vote for under any circumstance.

As to the divide in this country, the migration of people moving from CA, IL, OR, NY, & WA, to places like TX, TN, & FL is geopolitically and economically motivated. We aren’t getting their liberals we’re getting their conservatives. They may not be conservative by our TN standards but they consistently vote red. Red is getting redder and blue is getting bluer and the few purple states AZ, GA, OH, and PA will push the election one way or the other. If Trump is the GOP nominee and some states refuse to put him on the ballot, this country will certainly spiral. This country is eerily starting to resemble the divide of the 1850s and it’s no longer just an ideological divide it is becoming geographical. Those not in states surging with population growth may not feel it, but I assure you us Nashvillians are well aware of who is moving into our neighborhoods.

TN will land solidly in the Trump column in the primary and general!

Posts: 2978 | Location: Middle-TN | Registered: November 05, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
Made the move from L.A. to Nashville and couldn’t be happier. (Need to fix my Sigforum location)

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3620 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ron then must think of himself as a “durable movement”, perhaps one that is solid and difficult to pass without taking a laxative or assistance from an enema.

Posts: 3500 | Location: Lehigh Valley, PA | Registered: March 27, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post