SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Knowing is Half the Battle
Picture of Scuba Steve Sig
posted Hide Post
I just had a nice African American guy from Never Back Down PAC stop by my door asking me to caucus for Ron in Iowa. I usually just hide from such unexpected door rings but I thought there was a chance it was the Publisher's Clearing House Prize Patrol.

Posts: 2557 | Location: Iowa by way of Missouri | Registered: July 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
^^^ Big Grin

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Stop Talking, Start Doing
posted Hide Post
Barring some major / unforeseen dirt or controversy, DeSantis is a lock to win in 2024. Really glad he’s in the ring now — he’ll walk circles around Uncle Joe and he’ll also get the required female vote … something that Trump has unfortunately turned to ashes.

Posts: 5078 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Copefree:
Barring some major / unforeseen dirt or controversy, DeSantis is a lock to win in 2024.
Would you be willing to make a cash wager on your prediction?

Posts: 108105 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Barring some major / unforeseen dirt or controversy, DeSantis is a lock to win in 2024.
Would you be willing to make a cash wager on your prediction?

Yea I'd be willing.

I'd absolutely love to see Trump back in the White House -- I just think DeSantis has a better chance of being elected. Getting Joe out is really all I'm focused on.

Posts: 5078 | Location: The (R)ight side of Washington State | Registered: August 31, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
quote:

LOL, I like DeSantis, most all conservatives do but why have Trump-lite when you can have Trump? Confused

Posts: 23028 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ if given the choice, I would take Trump over DeSantis ... see above (I just think DeSantis is more electable)

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yea I'd be willing.
Would you care to place an actual amount on your willingness?

posted Hide Post
I live in Florida and round here, DeSantis aint the hero yall think he is. My home insurance is near 5k. He took his boot off of disney's throat. He signed away the first amendment in Israel. He smells like Jeb Bush.

Trust me when I say Florida supports Trump.

Posts: 707 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:

DeSantis aint the hero yall think he is. My home insurance is near 5k.
What is the connection between DeSantis and insurance cost? I too, am in Florida. My homeowner insurance was up for renewal this past January. I shopped around and got quotes ranging from a fairly reasonable $1,900 to an outrageous almost $5,000, all for the same converage limits.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 30920 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Leatherneck
posted Hide Post
I’m in Florida too and I’m not so sure you can speak for the entire state. DeSantis just won the election by a massive margin and won several counties that voted for Biden over Trump.

I love what he’s done for the schools and our kids here. I’m not sure what he’s supposed to do about home insurance prices, though I agree that’s a problem. A governor certainly isn’t all-powerful though and able to control every single thing. Everyone I know will vote for either, but most are pretty big fans of DeSantis. I certainly wouldn’t be so bold to speak for all 21 million.

My guess is either way Florida goes red.

“Everybody wants a Sig in the sheets but a Glock on the streets.” -bionic218 04-02-2014

Posts: 15261 | Location: Florida | Registered: May 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by V-Tail:
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:

DeSantis aint the hero yall think he is. My home insurance is near 5k.
What is the connection between DeSantis and insurance cost? I too, am in Florida. My homeowner insurance was up for renewal this past January. I shopped around and got quotes ranging from a fairly reasonable $1,900 to an outrageous almost $5,000, all for the same converage limits.

I’m glad you asked. Let’s assume DeSantis has zero to do with insurance cost. Let’s assume Florida residents tell him costs are a problem. What does your gut tell you will happen to insurance costs after DeSantis is informed? Now put Trump in that equation. Trump would get lower costs just as he did with insulin. He fixes the problems of the people.

Posts: 707 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This has nothing to do with the matter at hand. I'm not even certain what your point is but if you want to discuss insurance rates in Florida, start a thread on the subject, please.

safe & sound
Picture of a1abdj
posted Hide Post
Ok Floridians, we can settle this once and for all. After Desantis officially announces we will count the Trump flags vs. Desantis flags flown on your boats.

www.zykansafe.com

Posts: 15771 | Location: St. Charles, MO, USA | Registered: September 22, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I forgot to mention the part where Trump is ruthless. I’m guessing here, but I think Trump would tell auto insurance companies that they have to offer home insurance coverage if they want to do business in Florida. Trump treats problems with good common sense.

posted Hide Post
quote:
This has nothing to do with the matter at hand. I'm not even certain what your point is but if you want to discuss insurance rates in Florida, start a thread on the subject, please.

I’m sorry if I’m making it seem like its about insurance. It’s about how DeSantis and Trump approach problems. Trump gets things done and DeSantis forms a committee.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, start a thread on the subject.

posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Yea I'd be willing.
Would you care to place an actual amount on your willingness?

Oh I dunno, not much — less than $100.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Pocket change. You don't seem very confident. I'm surprised, after you called the man "a lock." That would mean money in the bank for you. What happened?

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
I guess I'm an odd one, I don't see any way that DeSantis would win the Republican nomination, let alone the general election. He is 2nd tier, with little name recognition among voters who don't pay attention to pure partisan politics. IMO, DeSantis is the one who is unelectable, not Trump. The "noise" people associate with Trump is pure media bullshit, they manufacture the noise. Hell, his own Florida politicians don't think he is the one to go to the WH, they have mostly endorsed Trump.

A "lock to win" is utterly ridiculous, based on TDS emotion and not rational thought. DeSantis desperately needed Trump's help to win the governorship in 2018, and will not get that help in 2024. I don't care if the Bushes, the Ryans, the other RINOs back him, he is not the guy for 2024.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post