SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I am never voting for DeSantis.

Not even if he is the eventual nominee?

Even back in 2012 when Mr. Milquetoast (Romney) was the nominee, the forum universally got behind him, even though most recognized his weak personality and RINO tendencies. When it came to Obama or Milquetoast, the choice was obvious.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16838 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
quarter MOA visionary
Picture of smschulz
posted Hide Post
Watched a fair portion of DeSantis in his "first TV interview" since declaring on Fox last night.
I didn't disagree with anything he said but I did not come off motivated to support him over Trump.

Posts: 23033 | Location: Houston, TX | Registered: June 11, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Let me ask you this: how will you respond to your fellow members of this forum if DeSantis gets the nomination and loses the election to Biden in one of those recount the recount squeakers? Would you even show your face here after that?
Well if we had correctly run elections there wouldn't need to be continuous recounts. There would be no questions of who came out on top. We seem to have less options now when it comes to elections. We participate and get screwed, hard. Your State too, was among those who laid waste to President Trump getting reelected. No sir, if DeSantis is the nominee, then I just have this feeling, we will be getting played again. There after, my Voteing participation is diminished to, I wouldn't matter one bit.

Posts: 17944 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 12131:
quote:
quote:
Let me ask you this: how will you respond to your fellow members of this forum if DeSantis gets the nomination and loses the election to Biden in one of those recount the recount squeakers? Would you even show your face here after that?

I'm guessing that David meant to say he's never voting for DeSantis in the primary. I can't imagine anyone on here would stay home next year November, if DeSantis happened to be the GOP nominee.
You are right Q. One would think, knowing what we know about those on the ticket to run, Trump is fine and all that's needed. Why even bother with all the televised oneupsmanship? I guess it's to see which will pop off with the most entertaining punch line. That's about what it takes to sway some Voters. Say something clever and your the one. Trip over a line and you're out.

Posts: 17944 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
We participate and get screwed, hard. Your State too, was among those who laid waste to President Trump getting reelected. No sir, if DeSantis is the nominee, then I just have this feeling, we will be getting played again. There after, my Voteing participation is diminished to, I wouldn't matter one bit.
Take a look at my post here, David, and take it to heart.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...310099005#9310099005

Sick and tired of it. I am sick and tired of it and I have about reached my limit with the defeatism that permeates threads such as these.

Word to the wise.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 108149 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Back, and
to the left
Picture of 83v45magna
posted Hide Post
Yes as Oddball said, the choice is obvious.

Ridiculously so. It is about as much of choice as: Do you want an ice cream sundae or to be beheaded?

Posts: 7293 | Location: Dallas | Registered: August 04, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
We participate and get screwed, hard. Your State too, was among those who laid waste to President Trump getting reelected. No sir, if DeSantis is the nominee, then I just have this feeling, we will be getting played again. There after, my Voteing participation is diminished to, I wouldn't matter one bit.
Take a look at my post here, David, and take it to heart.

https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...310099005#9310099005

Sick and tired of it. I am sick and tired of it and I have about reached my limit with the defeatism that permeates threads such as these.

Word to the wise.
Well enough. I am not defeated in any way. I've followed along since day one when you started the ass clown topic. And I've been proud to be part of it all. What I would like to do to some of those bastards in DC, I cannot say. We just keep slugging along with the process. Who on earth steals a fucking election and can remain legit, for years, hiding behind the National Guard and fenced off White House? None, of these people speak for me. Nothing they do comes with my approval.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am not defeated in any way.
Some of the content of your post would indicate otherwise.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
What I would like to do to some of those bastards in DC, I cannot say. We just keep slugging along with the process. Who on earth steals a fucking election and can remain legit, for years, hiding behind the National Guard and fenced off White House?

I would like to try, convict, and hang for treason some of those bastards in DC...
But for now we do have to just keep slugging along with the process.
They are NOT legit and having the White House does not make them so.

Still... we have to move forward.

Behind the scenes efforts are being made to improve the security of our elections.

From the RNC Members Newsletter:

As part of our effort to save this country in 2024, the RNC is doubling down on our existing election integrity program. As you know, the 2022 cycle was the first time we were able to set up a full-time, top-to-bottom election integrity program nationwide. With your help, we were able to put 80,000 poll watchers and poll workers on the ground in key states, file nearly 100 election integrity lawsuits, and engage with over 90 law firms across the country. Now that we’ve set up a firm foundation aimed at making it easier to vote and harder to cheat, we’re scaling up our progress.

I want to thank DC National Committeewoman Ashley MacLeay and Montana National Committeeman Art Wittich for their work chairing and co-chairing our Temporary Election Integrity Committee, which recently produced an exhaustive report on our program. Some key conclusions: we are going to create a full-time election integrity department which will combine existing RNC tools to create new infrastructure in this crucial space. We will also continue using new and evolving technology to ensure that our approach remains cutting-edge. Finally, we are going to aggressively continue to ramp up our ballot harvesting and early voting operations. Our efforts to ballot harvest in 2022 helped win key seats that flipped the House; now, expanding those efforts to ensure we maximize turnout before Election Day is our number one priority. We can turn out every vote throughout the election process while still holding Democrats accountable for laws that undermine election integrity.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24288 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Razz

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9082 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
From today:

]

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16838 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the propaganda is thick as molasses and it's everywhere you turn. I remain unaffected. I wish everyone could say the same.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm surprised at how much ego DeSantis is displaying with this move but that just shows my naivete, I suppose.

Clearly, he has all sorts of Trump-hating RINOs and Never-Trumpers telling him how wonderful he is and how they're with him all the way, but I think the truth is that he hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the nomination.

Your statement reminds me of an epiphany I had a night or two ago, maybe it was in a dream. But I remember having to vote between DeSantis and Trump. I was thinking about which way to throw the lever, and before I made a decision, it suddenly hit me: wait a minute, I can vote for Mr. DeSantis, or I can vote for the bonafide Honey Badger. Don't know why I forgot that in the first place ! Duh..

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8756 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
quote:
You kill me sometimes, man.

Of course only Donald Trump can make that decision. That's beyond obvious.

Agreed. And it would be hard to blame him considering how stupid the electorate would be NOT to support the original ass kicker. I wouldn't like it, but I think I would understand it, sort of placing more of the the blame on the electorate than the man himself. "Ok you idiots, you could have had a good thing, another four years of great things and endless entertainment of torturing shitheads wherever they are found, but you rejected all that, so if that's what you want, I can help you with that."

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8756 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wrightd:
But I remember having to vote between DeSantis and Trump. I was thinking about which way to throw the lever, and before I made a decision, it suddenly hit me: wait a minute, I can vote for Mr. DeSantis, or I can vote for the bonafide Honey Badger.

Yes, it is Bill Maher. But like with some of his segments, he tends to hit the nail on the head, and I agree with him on this.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I can vote for Mr. DeSantis, or I can vote for the bonafide Honey Badger...
Why would you want a tribute band when the original is still playing...

You really have to wonder why Ron DeSantis got into this. Some have said it's as simple as lots of people stroking his ego. Could be.

Or it's a calculus that something could take Trump out of the race, be it health or legal troubles or whatever.

But if Trump remains in the race DeSantis is really going to have to try to thread a needle ...

Charles Lipson:
Can DeSantis clear the giant orange roadblock?

To win the Republican nomination, you have to knock out Donald Trump. That’s no easy task — polls currently show him leading by over thirty points among Republican voters. But the task is even harder because anyone who defeats Trump must win over his supporters to win the general election. That is Ron DeSantis’s double challenge: beating Trump without alienating his voters.

https://thespectator.com/polit...ock-trump-2024-musk/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24288 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If Donald Trump was unelectable- They'd want him to run because it would be a total disaster on our part.

Their actions show they fear him and his potential more than any other possible candidate.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13425 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I like DeSantis, like him a lot, he's the best governor I've seen here in Florida.

But, if Trump gets the Republican nomination, as I expect him to do, I will be a happy guy, getting to keep DeSantis here in Florida where, hopefully, he'll continue to be the great governor that he is.

Bob

Posts: 1605 | Location: TampaBay | Registered: May 22, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Soon to be on the menu, Chef Trump will be offering Filet of Ron...

Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
FINALLY, our lives will be complete...Again! Cool

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9082 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post