SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I believe if Trump does not get the nomination, he may do just that.

He may. Only he can make that decision. But I think he's smarter than that.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You kill me sometimes, man.

Of course only Donald Trump can make that decision. That's beyond obvious.

Posts: 108111 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironmike57
posted Hide Post
This may not be the appropriate thread to place this. It is more about DeSantis than DeSantis/Trump. If I wronged, please delete.

https://www.politico.com/news/...g-insurance-00098684

Posts: 1998 | Location: Florida | Registered: July 26, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
^^^Just confirmation for what some of us have been saying all along...Though the DeSantis camp/supporters keep saying that Trump is toxic and 'unelectable', apparently the media hates DeSantis too! It's shocking I tell ya...Who da thunk it?

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9066 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
We have to hope that the media will be largely ignored. However, many voters do already have a negative opinion of Trump. Like always, it's up to Independents and swing voters. It's interesting the timing of the DeSantis team...I really thought he would just wait for 2028. Why would a busy Governor jump into a race sure to be dominated by Trump? That camp must either believe the left is going to cripple Trump with lawsuits leading to him exiting the race...or, they just absolutely believe he can't win the general election.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
I really thought he would just wait for 2028. Why would a busy Governor jump into a race sure to be dominated by Trump?

Yeah... I was hoping he would sit this one out too.
The hard-core Trump supporters are going to hate DeSantis by the time this primary is over.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24278 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I can't wait for the next Trump rally and the sea of people in attendance. I can't see Jeb, I mean Ron, pulling off an event like Trump does.

Posts: 707 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bdylan:
It's interesting the timing of the DeSantis team...I really thought he would just wait for 2028. Why would a busy Governor jump into a race sure to be dominated by Trump?

IMO, a big mistake and gamble for DeSantis; his attitude has been indecision in regards to running, and now pushed by the Establishment to announce earlier than June; makes me question his lack of judgement or falling under pressure. Rather than govern his state for three more years and then run after Trump, now, he has a huge target on his back and will run through the Trump gauntlet, getting hit left and right, collecting collateral damage along the way because he doesn't have the personality to slug it out with bare fists.

This reminds me of Scott Walker, ex-governor of Wisconsin, who was on top of the Republican heap as the new young guy in 2015, set up an exploratory committee, and decided to run for POTUS as a top tier candidate. Then proceeded to make small mistakes, becoming clear he did not have the stones to slug it out with Trump and dropped out due to poor performance.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16825 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
The Ice Cream Man
posted Hide Post
I wonder if we can register the “none of the above” party in time…

Posts: 5786 | Location: Republic of Ice Cream, Miami Beach, FL | Registered: May 24, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
7.62mm Crusader
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
I really thought he would just wait for 2028. Why would a busy Governor jump into a race sure to be dominated by Trump?

Yeah... I was hoping he would sit this one out too.
The hard-core Trump supporters are going to hate DeSantis by the time this primary is over.
I am already getting email from DeSantis. I reply with a big no thank you, Trump 2024 and the unqualified boy needs to stop sending me mail asking for money. I am never voting for DeSantis.

Posts: 17943 | Location: The Bluegrass State! | Registered: December 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm surprised at how much ego DeSantis is displaying with this move but that just shows my naivete, I suppose.

Clearly, he has all sorts of Trump-hating RINOs and Never-Trumpers telling him how wonderful he is and how they're with him all the way, but I think the truth is that he hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the nomination.

This is what is likely going on....

Posts: 23740 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by David Lee:
I am never voting for DeSantis.

Not even if he is the eventual nominee?

Posts: 2487 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Technically Adaptive
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aglifter:
I wonder if we can register the “none of the above” party in time…

He should register as a Democrat (majority of voters) and ballot corruption, then, when in office, do Republican things.

Posts: 1322 | Location: Willcox, AZ | Registered: September 24, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:

I woke up to YouTube push notifications calling DeSantis’ campaign launch a “disaster,” and a “train wreck.” I’ll have to watch and see what happened, but if this blows up on the launch pad, David Lee will never get faced with the choice. Razz

Posts: 17340 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Let me ask you this: how will you respond to your fellow members of this forum if DeSantis gets the nomination and loses the election to Biden in one of those recount the recount squeakers? Would you even show your face here after that?

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
That kind of stuff is why I posted what I did yesterday. It's so frustrating how people on our side are so willing to stay home if they don't get their way. The primary is going to be nasty and the media will do all they can to pour gas on it to further divide us, but the my way or I stay home attitude needs to change. With what is at stake I don't get it. I'm sorry Para I'll stay quiet just frustrating.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Just make sure you've got your BVDs on.

posted Hide Post
I don't worship at The Altar of Trump. He can be an abrasive jackass. But I think he did a good job in his first four years. I voted for him in both elections. I didn't vote for him because I think he is a wordsmith, because he isn't. But he was effective, even with everything that was arrayed against him. And he makes Liberal heads literally explode. There is value in that as well. I think DeSantis would be an effective candidate too. If he and Trump have any sense, they will mend their fences and run on the same ticket. After all, politics is a lot like professional wrestling when you get right down to it.

Posts: 1751 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 18, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DennisM:
quote:

Republicans, grabbing defeat, from the jaws of victory for over 100 years...

Posts: 23740 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
quote:
Let me ask you this: how will you respond to your fellow members of this forum if DeSantis gets the nomination and loses the election to Biden in one of those recount the recount squeakers? Would you even show your face here after that?

I'm guessing that David meant to say he's never voting for DeSantis in the primary. I can't imagine anyone on here would stay home next year November, if DeSantis happened to be the GOP nominee.

Q

Posts: 26787 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post