SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    NYC professor chases reporter w a machete // fired again
Page 1 2 3 4 5 
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

NYC professor chases reporter w a machete // fired again Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by FiveFiveSixFan:
quote:
Face of A Commie.

Who has bolt cutters hanging on their wall?

Me, but to be fair, it's on the wall of the garage next to the other tools.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8536 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Reality sold separately:

Machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly chased reporter turns herself in to cops, claims she's a victim

They think they create the world. Whatever they want it to be and whatever they say it is, that's what it is. This is characteristc of young children.

Holy shit that maniac is self-admitting mental illness as part of her victimhood. From Para’s quote article:

quote:
The machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly threatened to "chop up" a New York Post reporter surrendered to police Thursday morning, even though she insists she's the victim and said the entire incident "has taken a toll on my mental

Rodriguez told ARTnews that Hunter told her to apologize, which she said she did, "Yet before the process could be completed, on May 19, Students for Life circulated a manipulated video of the incident on social media and mobilized their members to attack me."

"For the past two weeks, I have been inundated with vile and hateful emails, texts and voicemails nonstop," she told the outlet. "As much as this incident has stakes for my life, it is ultimately just one part of a broader political struggle taking place across the country.

"Right wing media organizations are weaponizing and sensationalizing this case to further their agenda, and using me as a prism through which to project their attacks on women, trans people, Black people, Latinx people, migrants, and beyond."

This incident didn’t take a toll on her mental health.

She’s always been insane.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32032 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This won't be the last we hear from this machete wielding nut. I predict another leftist lunatic school will offer employment immediately.

Posts: 799 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
The machete-wielding NYC professor who allegedly threatened to "chop up" a New York Post reporter surrendered to police Thursday morning, even though she insists she's the victim and said the entire incident "has taken a toll on my mental

Rodriguez told ARTnews that Hunter told her to apologize, which she said she did, "Yet before the process could be completed, on May 19, Students for Life circulated a manipulated video of the incident on social media and mobilized their members to attack me."

"For the past two weeks, I have been inundated with vile and hateful emails, texts and voicemails nonstop," she told the outlet. "As much as this incident has stakes for my life, it is ultimately just one part of a broader political struggle taking place across the country.

"Right wing media organizations are weaponizing and sensationalizing this case to further their agenda, and using me as a prism through which to project their attacks on women, trans people, Black people, Latinx people, migrants, and beyond."

You can't expect anyone on the left to take responsibility for their actions. It is ALWAYS the fault of someone else. As noted before they often resort to physical violence when they are confronted with what they perceive as 'word or thought violence' or anything that might trigger them.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38221 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by xd45man:
This won't be the last we hear from this machete wielding nut. I predict another leftist lunatic school will offer employment immediately.
Yes, without fail, someone always makes that prediction. It seems as if it's required to try to find the worst in any victory. We can't be have any satisfaction, now, can we? No, that would be too good.

Posts: 109088 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^ You are not kidding brother! Lefty family member never ever takes responsibility. Its always stuff like:
My alarm didn't go off.
Nobody reminded me.
The out of gas light should warn you better.
I laugh and laugh and laugh.

Posts: 799 | Location: Crestview Florida | Registered: July 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Yes, without fail, someone always makes that prediction. It seems as if it's required to try to find the worst in any victory. We can't be have any satisfaction, now, can we? No, that would be too good.

There is satisfaction that she was fired, but these people always turn up again for more entertainment. The suitcase stealing nut or the biggest, Anthony Weiner <--- how do you get busted for sending pictures of your junk and then get busted for the same thing in the future?
So what I am saying is, in 3 months, this thread will pop up again because this lefty lunatic has threatened some more students, this time at some small open enrolment school in what she calls a flyover state.

Picture of Mr. Peteroniman
posted Hide Post
quote:
This is characteristc of young children.

how do you reckon this low IQ (child) piece of crap ever got through the system and got a freakin degree? (rhetorical)

and how much student loan debt do you reckon she's carrying?

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

All his life he tried to be a good person. Many times, however, he failed.
For after all, he was only human. He wasn't a dog.”
― Charles M. Schulz

Posts: 2036 | Location: Florida Panhandle | Registered: June 25, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
So what I am saying is, in 3 months, this thread will pop up again because this lefty lunatic has threatened some more students, this time at some small open enrolment school in what she calls a flyover state.
You don't have to explain what you meant. I know exactly what you meant and I am sick and tired of members popping into threads like this to tell us we can never win. Truly, I am sick to death of it. Members who are incapable of savoring victories, members who declare that we have lost elections before they've been held, members who seem to be happiest when they're unhappy.

This shit needs to stop. For years, I have addressed this kind of behavior each and every time it appears. It's the truth- each and every time this stuff pops up, I pounce on it, and yet, it is still happening. Those of you who are prone to snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, you need to get it through your head- this kind of stuff is wholly unwelcome here. Let members savor a victory. Don't tell us about the worst that can happen, or the worst you think will happen. Instead of predicting the worst in coming elections or court cases, bolster your fellow forum members.

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." -R.L. Stevenson

Imagine that a battle is about to be fought. Men are checking their gear. The skirmish lines are forming. What are you going to do? Are you going to run around telling everyone that we're about to get our ass kicked?

xd45man, you can spend one day on moderated status, to give you an opportunity to think about what I've said, and more importantly, what you said. Don't bother attempting to post until tomorrow afternoon, It will not reach the forum.

אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:

I am sick and tired of members popping into threads like this to tell us we can never win.
I remember being home from school with measles or some other childhood disease (can't remember which one, it was at least 75 years ago), and re-reading my favorite books, including "Winnie the Pooh." I always felt sorry for the pessimist character.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31420 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NYC visual arts school reviewing professor Shellyne Rodriguez’s employment after machete threat

https://nypost.com/2023/05/24/...driguezs-employment/

The School of Visual Arts is reviewing Manhattan professor Shellyne Rodriguez’s employment after she threatened a Post reporter with a machete and went viral for cursing out anti-abortion students at another college.

The unhinged arts professor is under investigation by the NYPD after she was filmed holding the blade to the veteran reporter’s neck while threatening to “chop” him up outside her Bronx apartment Tuesday.

“SVA is aware of the incidents involving one of our faculty members, Shellyne Rodriguez, who is not currently teaching any courses at the College,” a spokesperson for the private school told The Post on Wednesday.

“We are assessing to determine any potential next steps.”

Rodriguez was fired from Hunter College, where she worked as an adjunct art professor, just hours after the machete incident unfolded.

“Hunter College strongly condemns the unacceptable actions of Shellyne Rodriguez and has taken immediate action,” school spokesman Vince Dimiceli said Tuesday.

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
NYC professor who threatened to ‘chop’ Post reporter with machete gets new teaching gig

https://nypost.com/2023/09/28/...ts-new-teaching-gig/

The former Manhattan college professor who threatened to “chop” up a Post reporter while holding a machete to his neck appears to have secured a new teaching gig.

Shellyne Rodriguez is listed as an adjunct instructor at the Cooper Union in the East Village and appears on the fall semester schedule as teaching a sculpture class.

A spokesperson for Cooper Union did not immediately respond when asked to confirm Rodriguez’s employment status.

Posts: 13098 | Registered: January 17, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I do not doubt she has psychiatric problems. Intermittent Explosive Disorder, Antisocial Personality Disorder maybe. In any event it does not excuse her deplorable behavior. Does not appear psychotic. Quality Universities properly vet Adjunct Professors. Clearly that did not happen here.

Posts: 17501 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Cooper Union in the East Village

https://cooper.edu/welcome

Not surprising, it's an uber leftist private college in the East Village with all kinds of left wing practices, from climate change activism to legal reform panels.

Posts: 24292 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Citadel
posted Hide Post
Wonder how she is gonna teach/manage her class from a jail,cell?

Posts: 839 | Registered: February 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of RichardC
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wcb6092:

Shellyne Rodriguez is listed as an adjunct instructor at the Cooper Union in the East Village and appears on the fall semester schedule as teaching a sculpture class.

From the class syllabus, their first project will be one of the classics:

Posts: 16185 | Location: Florida | Registered: June 23, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Raised Hands Surround Us
Three Nails To Protect Us
Picture of Black92LX
posted Hide Post
quote:
bang

bang

bangbangbangbangbang

bang

. = reload??

I like it!

————————————————
The world's not perfect, but it's not that bad.
If we got each other, and that's all we have.
I will be your brother, and I'll hold your hand.
You should know I'll be there for you!

Posts: 25687 | Registered: September 06, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by HRK:
quote:
Cooper Union in the East Village
Not surprising, it's an uber leftist private college in the East Village with all kinds of left wing practices, from climate change activism to legal reform panels.
On the plus side, Cooper Union is ideally located, less than a five minute walk from McSorley's, and less than fifteen minutes from Katz's Deli.

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31420 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
How perfect. That school has a sweet deal with the city that they don’t pay property taxes on their Manhattan real estate that includes the Chrysler building. Becuase they had free tuition for last 160 years. But due to the economy recently they had to start charging tuition.

So question for our liability lawyers. If we hire this person knowing full well her recent history and she bahaves this way again and maybe even hurts somebody are the liability damages even worse ?

Posts: 4963 | Location: Florida Panhandle  | Registered: November 23, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Ha ha. It's in the New York Post, so I'm guessing that this crazy, terminally angry bitch has seen this:

Students say it’s ‘crazy’ NYC college hired unhinged machete-wielding professor Shellyne Rodriguez
quote:
Cooper Union students on Thursday said they’re shocked the school hired a controversial professor who once threatened to “chop” a Post reporter with a machete.

“Oh shit! That’s scary,” a student at the Manhattan college told The Post. “I don’t think it’s ok. When you are a student you’d want to feel safe. I would not feel safe with that person being my professor.”

Another student, a 19-year-old art major, called professor Shellyne Rodriguez’s new gig “crazy.”

“I’m wondering how they interview new professors,” the student said. “Do they look at their background? No. I don’t think such a person should be here.”

A second-year architecture student at Cooper Union said she wasn’t giving a reporter her name because “I don’t want her coming after me.”
Razz