SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^

In the days after his official announcement to run, DeSantis did not get a single bump, zilch. Which is funny because his supporters were all saying that the reason Trump was far more popular was because DeSantis did not officially declare his candidacy yet. Well, that theory has deflated quite a bit...

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16828 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
I would love for someone to show me Trump's path to victory in the general. Not bluster and bravado, but facts. How has the 2020 map changed in his favor at all? He still motivates every possible Democrat vote against him while his standing among Independents has cratered and he is even losing support among Republicans. Meanwhile, the electoral laws haven't changed significantly in the swing states. Ballot harvesting will still be huge, and the Democrats are putting more than $2 billion into it, guided by one of the most technologically-advanced targeting systems. The way I see the race shaping up, he loses every state he lost in 2020 and also possibly loses NC, OH and IN.

Can anyone provide a reasoned, fact-based argument that Trump can get to 270?

Posts: 6071 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Oh, are we starting that again? If he loses this state but wins this state, then he has to lose this state to win this state, and then he has to simultaneously lose and win these five states, while at the same time winning but not losing this and this state.

I just can't get enough of that stuff. It's been a while since we've done this, so I guess it's time once again.

Oh, look, it's ony been a few weeks sincce we went through this: https://sigforum.com/eve/forum...850086994#8850086994

Huh. How odd. It seemed so long ago to me.

Of course, it's different for all other Republican candidates, from DeSantis on down, right? Right. Yeah, the Dems would lay off of anyone else and then they can cruise right on through.

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Oriental Redneck
Picture of 12131
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
I would love for someone to show me Trump's path to victory in the general...
<SNIP>

...Can anyone provide a reasoned, fact-based argument that Trump can get to 270?

I read somewhere that, in 2016, Hillary was shoe in to become the very first Madame President of the USA.

Q

Posts: 26805 | Location: TEXAS | Registered: September 04, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yep. Right up to the night of the election.

People didn't see a "path" for Trump but he succeeded anyway. Go figure.

Maybe he will lose. Maybe he won't even be the Republican nominee, but damn, can we not give up just yet?

Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Consider the legal attacks on Trump. That is NOT happening because democrats care so much about enforcing the law. Why are they doing it then?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21171 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why are they doing it then?

Because they want the man to die in prison for not bending the knee to leftism, and if they can't have that, then they want people saying what ChicagoSigMan is saying so we'll all stay home because, you know, there's no path to victory in the general election for Trump.

quote:

Thank God enough people didn't listen to this bullshit in 2016. Do you like the 2A decisions that have been decided by the Supreme Court since the three justices Trump put on the bench? Because I do.

Posts: 17344 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
The logic of this "Trump can't win" stuff eludes me. As if the Dems are going to just lie down and let anyone else but Trump cruise right on through to victory.

I'm sticking with the man until he's eliminated from the contest. Others here have abandoned him, some never were with him. He beat Hillary, kept her out of the White House and gave us a fighting chance in SCOTUS. Anyone who thinks me a fool for remaining loyal to him after that, be my guest. I don't care.

posted Hide Post
If he is the nominee (President Trump), there is no fucking way he loses Ohio.

Some of you people are damn fools.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

There are plenty of people who have provided reasoned, fact-based arguments that Trump actually won the election in 2020.

The fact that Bill Barr didn't see it (wasn't looking) meant that the DOJ was willfully blind, as was the Supreme Court in not accepting the case brought by Texas and signed on by many other State AG's.

It remains undisputed that Donald Trump got more votes than any sitting President, ever. Yet, Basement Joe somehow had even more ballots counted.

And now... it continues... under this mobster government. For many here, it is about more than who would be the better Republican standard-bearer, it's about revenge. The fact that Ron DeSantis has yet to get a "bump" in the polls or gain any traction is not so much anything against Ron DeSantis or how he would govern as it is an acknowledgment that the fight must continue and Donald Trump, love him or hate him, is a fighter.

Who's Destroying Civic Norms Again? Trump?
By J.B. Shurk

It's hard to believe how many high-ranking government officials have been serving time behind bars these last couple decades. Bill Clinton got caught selling military secrets and influence to communist China in return for campaign contributions. Hillary Clinton got caught storing top-secret materials on an unsecured email server in a bathroom closet. Lois Lerner got caught using the IRS as a weapon for targeting conservatives and influencing the 2012 election. Attorney General Eric Holder was held in contempt of Congress for withholding subpoenaed documents concerning the Obama administration's transnational gunrunning racket. Barack Obama, Jim Comey, John Brennan, and James Clapper were all thrown in the clink for spying on a political opponent's campaign and then covering up their illegal activities by framing the victim as a covert Russian agent.

The saddest thing was watching Dementia Joe Biden stumble out of the White House in cuffs, as remaining federal agents finally arrested him for decades of corruption involving quid-pro-quo schemes that enriched his family by selling the powers of his various offices to the highest foreign bidders.

Oh, right — none of that happened, because the Deep State and those in bed with the Deep State protect their own. At this point, anybody not being attacked or politically persecuted should be presumed as secretly working for some shady enterprise hostile to the best interest of the United States.

Yet somehow special counsel Jack Smith has the temerity to stand before the American people, announce the federal government's continuing crusade to keep President Trump from office, and shamelessly declare, "We have one set of laws in this country." Right. What he really means is, "The Deep State controls America, and if you mess with those gangsters, we'll lock you up and throw away the key." Jack Smith — like Robert Mueller, Andrew Weissmann, so many inspectors general who ignore crimes under their purview, and too many partisan political operatives posing as judges — is just another thug enforcer sent out to protect the ruling regime. Well done, Jack! Collect your thirty pieces of silver and career advancement as your reward!

It wouldn't be election season without the Department of (in)Justice setting people up and prosecuting fake crimes to influence voters. In 2016, while shutting down numerous criminal investigations involving Hillary Clinton and the Clinton Foundation, D.C.'s lawfare-waging politburo concocted an elaborate hoax blaming Russian internet trolls for her embarrassing loss to a political outsider. Two weeks before the 2018 midterms, the FBI arrested a mentally unstable and childlike Cesar Sayoc for allegedly threatening Trump opponents with pipe bombs made in his van/home. Just before the 2020 election, the FBI announced that it had stopped a kidnapping plot against Democrat governor Gretchen Whitmer — a "plot" that was planned primarily by undercover federal agents. And the DOJ and FBI "carpet-bombed" Trump associates with J6 subpoenas, announced more J6 protester arrests, and improperly raided the former president's Mar-a-Lago home in the run-up to the 2022 midterms. Covering up the crimes of Democrats, framing domestic political enemies, and engaging in blatant election interference are what the FBI and DOJ now primarily do .

That's also why Clueless China Joe is so certain of his re-election victory, when a super-majority of the country is worse off since his installation and strongly want him gone. Even many of his Marxist fellow-travelers and World Economic Forum foreign enablers have been looking at his cratering poll numbers and inability to take two steps without face-planting and have begun expressing a sense of urgency that the brain-dead doofus be replaced on the Democrat ticket. Obama insiders and the Deep State praetorian guard, however, are all smiles while doing their best Hans Gruber impressions and calmly responding, "You ask for miracles. I give you the F...B...I." It is true that "exceptional thieves" are just as common in the Justice Department these days as in the Die Hard movie franchise.

While the DOJ goes after Joe Biden's principal 2024 opponent, the old corrupt codger is looking to repeat his election strategy of 2020 — which is to say, he will hide in some undisclosed basement and watch as the Deep State's criminal element rigs another election his way. We're watching history in the making. In 2020, quid-pro-quo Joe — a politician who would have struggled to win an election outside of his native Delaware — "won" more votes than any candidate in American history while hardly campaigning. In 2024, the corrupt Department of (in)Justice will just prosecute his rivals, until he's the only candidate left. Some might call that kind of system indistinguishable from the Chinese Communist Party's stranglehold over their people — and the Obama Marxists running America into the ground all say, "Isn't it great?"

After the protests for free and fair elections on January 6, 2021, the federal Leviathan hunted down and locked up any dissenter with a voice. Going into the 2024 election, it will hunt down and lock up any dissenter who refuses to obey the one-party State. If foreign countries engaged in the same behavior as D.C.'s corrupt "elite," they would be publicly pilloried and ostracized as enemies of "democracy." Everything the hypocrites in D.C. claim to abhor, they do every day. Censorship, political persecution, and rigged elections — it's the new American way!

So much for all those dire NeverTrump warnings about the America First political outsider destroying precious civic norms with his behavior. The Uniparty RINOs fanning themselves on fainting couches claimed President Trump would lock up his enemies, start nuclear wars, destroy the economy, betray conservative voters, and put family members on the Supreme Court. Instead, he presided over the most consistently conservative administration in a hundred years, brought jobs home, increased middle class incomes, avoided new foreign wars, saved what's left of the Constitution from an increasingly activist Court, and tried to pursue a policy of national reconciliation by refusing to punish those who sought to topple his presidency. Clearly, his capacity for forgiveness has been rewarded only with more malicious villainy aimed at keeping him down permanently.

This is about so much more than just an election. This is about taking a stand against outright political tyranny. It's about defiance. It's about rage. It's about refusing to surrender meekly. It's about refusing to board the trains or aid those who wish to load them with our silent complicity.

https://www.americanthinker.co...rms_again_trump.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24286 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
The logic of this "Trump can't win" stuff eludes me.

I see it on this forum and elsewhere. "Trump lost Independents in 2020" "Trump is losing support with moderates and women" Etc. Etc.
And when I ask where did they get this "information", they never answer. They can't, because they won't admit they got it from mainstream media:

CNN:

MSNBC:

And of course there are those who state that Trump "lost voters in 2020" and that is indicative that he will lose voters in 2024, but ignore or are completely ignorant of the fact that he did not lose voters but gained almost 12 million in 2020. These same folks also do not think there was a likelihood of election fraud in the states that delayed the count on election night, simply because the press said there wasn't any, Trump was lying.

But many of these folks never liked Trump to begin with.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16828 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
They're not knocking Trump out -- they're actually beefing up his army of voters.

Smart move, bozos.

TIPP Insights, which is run by the respected -- and accurate -- polling firm TIPP, argued a couple of days ago that this was exactly what these Democrats were going to get in a piece titled Six Strong Reasons Trump Will Come Out Ahead After All.

Here are six reasons why we think that Trump could come out ahead and deliver a fatal blow to the very Deep State that has taken extraordinary measures to hurt him, all under the vague standard of equal justice for everyone.

They cited seven reasons, actually: First, the Presidential Records Act was missing from the indictment. Second, the Espionage Act was grossly misused. Third, there's been the fraudulent use of the "No person is above the law" standard, given that the deep state has been trying to Get Trump for years while ignoring the comparable or worse breaches by the Obamas and Clintons. Fourth, Trump has become a martyr. Fifth, Biden has proven himself "above the law." Sixth, Jack Smith's record at the Supreme Court is weak. Seventh, the Supreme Court will likely rule in President Trump's favor. The details on each are satisfying reading and well worth the click.

That's because forecasts like that are the result of their research and polling sense -- and they obviously portend bad news for Democrats in this gambit.

There has been some talk bruited around about Democrats wanting it this way -- to make Trump the nominee so that Joe Biden and friends can mop the floor with him in the general election.

That kind of thinking is too clever by half, not just because these two-steps never work, but because such thinking doesn't recognize what's fueling the surge -- which is the deranged behavior of Democrats, still maddened by President Trump's 2016 election.

I had been leaning toward Ron DeSantis in this upcoming election, but feel as a voter that this problem of selective prosecution and third-world-style jailing of opponents has to be taken care of first or there won't be any Ron DeSantis presidencies in the future. We can all have Ron in 2028. But unless these political prosecutions are halted right now with the re-election of President Trump, who will wring this garbage out of the system, we won't have a country to elect him to.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Bidenites are surprised at the negative reaction their acts are triggering among the voters and may move to distance themselves from their own Frankenstein's monster.

https://www.americanthinker.co...ges_in_cbs_poll.html

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."

-rduckwor

Posts: 24286 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I don't want Trump Lite, I want the real thing and not watered down. A little smoother, but not watered down.

The MSM needs another shock treatment like they got in Nov. 2016,

Posts: 3257 | Registered: August 03, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Bodhisattva
posted Hide Post
I will vote for Trump even if I have to write him in.

Posts: 11512 | Location: Michigan | Registered: July 01, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
I'm sticking with the man until he's eliminated from the contest. Others here have abandoned him, some never were with him. He beat Hillary, kept her out of the White House and gave us a fighting chance in SCOTUS. Anyone who thinks me a fool for remaining loyal to him after that, be my guest. I don't care.

This! Even if there's only two of us.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5494 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nukeandpave:
I will vote for Trump even if I have to write him in.

Yup. Okay then, three of us.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5494 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Four, Trump is the man giving MAGA it's footing and helping keep the movement alive, everyone else R or D, RINO, fighting against him is effectively saying the problems in DC are not going to change.

Here's the thing, we can elect DJT, but unless you give him 4 years of congress we'll be back in the same old D attack status, which really isn't about attacking and winning against DJT, it's just stopping any progress of MAGA vs Establishment.

The RINO (R) have to go as well, we need to get rid of the people who are the problems in congress and add more who will push for real change and stop the bureaucracy from running the USA.

Without Congress DJT is the captain of a boat without a rudder...

We failed him in his midterms, we need to fix that and buck the trend in flipping congress.

Posts: 23751 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
Consider the legal attacks on Trump. That is NOT happening because democrats care so much about enforcing the law. Why are they doing it then?

In part to keep the low information middle ground voters convinced DJT is a terrible human. The middle ground is where elections are won. The well informed voters have already decided the party they will or will not vote for.

Very many who consider themselves "moderate" are in fact only informed by the mainstream progressive cheerleader media. They have good desires but poor understanding, e.g. that prolific social spending makes life worse not better for the lower income recipients.

They vote based on how the candidate makes them feel. Bill Clinton capitalized hugely on this because of his charisma.

Portraying DJT as dangerous to national security is one more way to reduce his chances.

Posts: 9565 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
The middle ground is where elections are won. The well informed voters have already decided the party they will or will not vote for.

Very many who consider themselves "moderate" are in fact only informed by the mainstream progressive cheerleader media. They have good desires but poor understanding, e.g. that prolific social spending makes life worse not better for the lower income recipients.

They vote based on how the candidate makes them feel. Bill Clinton capitalized hugely on this because of his charisma.

Portraying DJT as dangerous to national security is one more way to reduce his chances.

When people throw around terms such as "independents", "moderates", "centralists", it seems they have little understanding who these folks actually are. They are not political junkies like many of us in this forum. They never watch CNN, FoxNews, or MSNBC; maybe less than 2% of the U.S. population actually watches these channels combined on any given night. They don't really discuss politics with others, they don't read about politics, they don't really care about politics. Barbers in St. Louis, HVAC guys in Rapid City, plumbers in Cincinnati, hairdressers in Philadelphia, etc. Many of these people likely do not know who the current V.P. is, who is the Speaker of the House, who are the last three Supreme Court appointees, and who Ron DeSantis, Gavin Newsom, or Chris Christie are.

But they know exactly who Donald Trump is, even before he announced his candidacy years ago. Hell, 10 years ago, I'll bet you can walk around Beijing and come across people who heard of Trump.

And yes, charisma plays an enormous part in electing a POTUS, it has been since the advent of television when JFK took advantage of this. With a few exceptions, modern day presidents elected were always the most charismatic of the candidates; JFK, Carter, Reagan, Clinton, Obama, Trump. And those without that magic touch had huge name recognition- LBJ, the Bushes.

And these same "moderates" don't immediately concern themselves about foreign policy, abortion, balanced budgets. They care about the cost of gasoline, groceries, insurance, cars, etc. And they care about their children's education. "Moderates" aren't this magical demographic that are aware of the issues and policies and are sitting on the fence in regards to these issues; they just want their day to day lives to be a little easier and affordable.

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
How do you know my barber?
Just kidding, I get your point.

quote:
And yes, charisma plays an enormous part in electing a POTUS, ... And those without that magic touch had huge name recognition- LBJ, the Bushes.

and LBJ was never elected POTUS.

-rduckwor