SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 50
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Donald Trump and Ron DeSantis Login/Join 
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
quote:
DeSantis, of course.

OK.
But I don't think either one, Trump or DeSantis, would pull a Ross Perot and run 3rd party. We've seen that before and yes, it would help Biden and the Democrats.

I don't yet have a horse in this race. It's just starting. I will watch with interest as it plays out.

The problem is that neither has to run third party for a problem. If DeSantis wins, does anyone honestly think Trump won't say it was rigged and keep his mouth shut? Even if he does, I'd wager that many of his hardcore followers will stay home.

Conversely, if Trump wins, we already know a faction of GOP voters won't support him no matter what. He also can't keep his mouth shut for there even to be a chance to win back some white suburban women.

Either way, I don't see how this doesn't end badly for us unless something unforeseen changes. The other side will pull the lever no matter what while we fight among ourselves. I hope I'm wrong, but too many on our side are willing to stay home if they don't get their way.

Posts: 7934 | Registered: September 29, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Where's your white flag?

Anyone here who thinks I'm going to listen to a year and a half of defeatism has another thing coming.

I'm going to keep saying it until I am tired of saying it, and woe unto the member who is surrendering when I hit that limit.

Briefs, boxers, whatever. Anyone who wants to come into this forum and say we've already lost should be displaying a white flag in their post. If you want to give up before the battle is fought, run your tighty whiteys up the flag pole.

Posts: 108131 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Where's your white flag?

Anyone here who thinks I'm going to listen to a year and a half of defeatism has another thing coming.

I'm going to keep saying it until I am tired of saying it, and woe unto the member who is surrendering when I hit that limit.

Briefs, boxers, whatever.

Anyone who wants to come into this forum and say we've already lost should be displaying a white flag in their post. If you want to give up before the battle is fought, run your tighty whiteys up the flag pole.

I'm going to vote. The people with the white flag are the ones I was talking about on our side who stay home if they don't get their way and have cost us the last few elections. We can ignore that as much as we want, and I'll respect your wishes and didn't mean to offend you or anyone else, but sadly that's where we are. Something needs to change. That doesn't mean we have lost, but they don't have to run third party for there to be a problem.

Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
The problem is that neither has to run third party for a problem. If DeSantis wins, does anyone honestly think Trump won't say it was rigged and keep his mouth shut? Even if he does, I'd wager that many of his hardcore followers will stay home.

Conversely, if Trump wins, we already know a faction of GOP voters won't support him no matter what. He also can't keep his mouth shut for there even to be a chance to win back some white suburban women.

Either way, I don't see how this doesn't end badly for us unless something unforeseen changes.
The other side will pull the lever no matter what while we fight among ourselves. I hope I'm wrong, but too many on our side are willing to stay home if they don't get their way.
This post requires a white flag.

Lighten up and laugh
Picture of Ackks
posted Hide Post
I trust you and will put on the cone of shame.

Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ackks:
He also can't keep his mouth shut for there even to be a chance to win back some white suburban women.

Where the hell do you get this "fact"? Have you interviewed every single white suburban woman out there, or are you relying on what the media is telling you?

I'm guessing the latter. It really amuses me when people come up with demographic bullshit based on polls and media, and think it is actual real data.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16828 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just because you can,
doesn't mean you should
posted Hide Post
The post that started this in February still applies to me. Trump showed the way but he's just too toxic now in a general election.
Trump had his time and I hope his ego lets him somehow gracefully step aside without poisoning the well.

Posts: 9655 | Location: NE GA | Registered: August 22, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You're kidding yourself. Donald Trump is not stepping aside. He's almost certain to be the Republican nominee and against a Biden/Harris ticket, he's likely to win.

All this stuff about Trump being "toxic"- you need to stop paying attention to the tsunami of propaganda coming from those who fear him, and how you can look at Biden/Harris and not see them for the real America-killing poison they are shows how far you have been taken down the garden path. Bullshit charges from a racist lefty DA in NYC are calculated to make you give up on the one effective POTUS we've had since Reagan.

Ron DeSantis will not be the nominee; it's Trump or nothing, it seems to me, and if you care about this nation, you'll give him your vote.

Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
We're in great shape and have several candidates that can do the job. Our real problems are a broken media actively campaigning for progressive causes and a Republican party that can't get out of its own way. If Trump can pull it off, our broken media may well incite an actual insurrection.

Posts: 1990 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
It's the Trump train or nothing.

I am all in for the Donald. I have been since Ted Cruz showed his colors in the primary in 2015/2016. That is when I abandoned that dude.

The only proven leader I have seen in my lifetime to occupy the office is DJT. Reagan is now second.

The rest of these bozo's who have or who may announce are just noise.

The "Boz"

Posts: 1535 | Location: Central Ohio, USA | Registered: May 29, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
Trump didn't lose in 2020 because he didn't get the 'suburban women' vote...He had the votes, but the Democrats had the ballots! Trump lost (technically he didn't win) Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin...That was the election, and it wasn't lost there due to a deficit of suburban women votes! Anyone who thinks otherwise is either kidding themselves, or paying WAY too much attention to the Legacy State Media!

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9075 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by 220-9er:
but he's just too toxic now in a general election.

What the hell does this mean?

WHO determined he's "toxic"? The media? Political pundits on talk shows? Mitt Romney or Joe Biden? You?

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 16828 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ron DeSantis will not be the nominee; it's Trump or nothing, it seems to me, and if you care about this nation, you'll give him your vote.

I'm glad we all know where you stand.

Over the course of the next year, I'm sure there will be many and varied opinions. I hope we can voice them respectfully and without any air of surrender.

It's important to our country that whoever we support over the coming year of this primary debate, which may get heated and passionate, that we are able to set it aside and come together in support of whoever wins the primary.

We must defeat Biden (if he's even the nominee) and the Democrats a year and a half from now. It's going to take a united front.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24286 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the course of the next year, I'm sure there will be many and varied opinions. I hope we can voice them respectfully and without any air of surrender.
Well, one thing you won't hear from me, chellim, is "We can't win" and if it's lost on you, that is what I am telling people I will not tolerate listening to for the next year and a half.
quote:
It's important to our country that whoever we support over the coming year of this primary debate, which may get heated and passionate, that we are able to set it aside and come together in support of whoever wins the primary.
I'm curious why you're telling me this. Have I said any different than that?
quote:
We must defeat Biden (if he's even the nominee) and the Democrats a year and a half from now. It's going to take a united front.
Again, I've said this very thing. Why are you telling me something I have already stated?

If you have something you wish to say, please don't finesse me. Don't parrot back to me things I've already said, when something else is on your mind; just say it. Are you under the impression that I won't support Ron DeSantis if he gets the nomination? Your remarks might be interpreted that way. Just come out with it, whatever it is. Plain speaking is appreciated and will get the most logical response from me.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
One plain fact about DJT is that if re-elected, he would take no prisoners and would continue taking names and kicking butt. I like DeSantis but he seems much more likely to cave in, as in, every man has his limitations, but Trump would be experienced and old enough not to give a shit. And that's the kind of POTUS we need now. POTUS the honeybadger, we need the honeybadger again.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8756 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes, Donald Trump would enter office as a lame duck, meaning he wouldn't have to worry about getting re-elected, and yes, he's making his list and checking it twice.

It won't be pretty, but it's certain to be beautiful.

Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Can anyone explain the late entry into the primary for Desantis? What the heck was he waiting for? Was his announcement some kind of strategic timing?

Posts: 7520 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'm surprised at how much ego DeSantis is displaying with this move but that just shows my naivete, I suppose.

Clearly, he has all sorts of Trump-hating RINOs and Never-Trumpers telling him how wonderful he is and how they're with him all the way, but I think the truth is that he hasn't a snowball's chance in Hell of getting the nomination.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have I said any different than that?

No, you have not.
quote:
Why are you telling me something I have already stated?

If you have something you wish to say, please don't finesse me. Don't parrot back to me things I've already said, when something else is on your mind; just say it. Are you under the impression that I won't support Ron DeSantis if he gets the nomination? Your remarks might be interpreted that way. Just come out with it, whatever it is.

OK. I'm all in for whoever the Republican nominee may be. It will most likely be Donald Trump. Ron DeSantis is the only non-Trump candidate who has a legitimate shot at the nomination.

Earlier today, you said that Donald Trump would run as an independent if it came to that.

quote:
Donald Trump would run as an independent if it came to that. With every fiber of his being, he is sure the 2020 election was stolen. It's now or never. Donald Trump is a man who doesn't back down. What has he got to lose?

I agree that 2020 was stolen but I hope that's not the case. I don't believe than an independent can win. I think an independent run, especially by someone who lost a primary, would be foolish and would only divide us. It would only help the Democrats.

It is important that we are able to set it aside and come together in support of whoever wins the primary.

I'm not saying that you said otherwise.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24286 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don't believe than an independent can win.
Neither do I, but I believe if Trump does not get the nomination, he may do just that.