SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
And another detention facility on Cuba.

^^^^^^^^^^^
It is a MILITARY prison, not a federal prison. Just like Leavenworth. People get that confused all the time. There is also Leavenworth USP, a federal prison. Different rules, administration etc.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Rightwire:
Quotes by 'unnamed, undisclosed, or confidential' sources are made up by the story author.

Yep, just like “ Survey shows”

Posts: 1186 | Location: Upstate  | Registered: January 11, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Objectively Reasonable
Picture of DennisM
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhracecraft:
Interesting...There are laws specifically protecting the immediate family members of a 'federal official'.

It applies if the assault on family is because or on account of the the official's government duties (example: you're unhappy that the BOP correctional officer tossed your cell and charged you with contraband, you have your "people" on the outside drive by and threaten the officer's wife.) It was never intended to be a catch-all, some-pigs-are-more-equal protection against ALL crimes, just those motivated by official duties.

Not sure that they can tie it together here, but hey, who I am to doubt the eff-bee-eye...

Posts: 2531 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Perception
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
Was the Onion ever funny? I seem to recall they were once a long time ago.

Well, in their defense the job is a whole lot harder than it used to be. The plain truth is so wild these days satire has got to be hard to write.

"The people hate the lizards and the lizards rule the people."
"Odd," said Arthur, "I thought you said it was a democracy."
"I did," said Ford, "it is."
"So," said Arthur, hoping he wasn't sounding ridiculously obtuse, "why don't the people get rid of the lizards?"
"It honestly doesn't occur to them. They've all got the vote, so they all pretty much assume that the government they've voted in more or less approximates the government they want."
"You mean they actually vote for the lizards."
"Oh yes," said Ford with a shrug, "of course."
"But," said Arthur, going for the big one again, "why?"
"Because if they didn't vote for a lizard, then the wrong lizard might get in."

Posts: 3586 | Location: Two blocks from the Center of the Universe | Registered: December 30, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Skull Leader:
It's still an attempt.

Better reread the laws on that crime.

Neither element of Kidnapping was present. Nor did the suspect have the means or opportunity to satisfy either element.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
When you fall, I will be there to catch you -With love, the floor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PASig:

Don't forget in this country illegally.

Should have just followed Crazy Joe's advice..

quote:
n an interview with Field & Stream magazine on Monday, Vice President Joe Biden once again touted shotguns as the best weapon for self-defense, offering advice similar to the questionable instructions he gave during a Facebook town hall last week.

During that interview, Biden explained his suggestion to his wife Jill for handling an intruder.

“If there’s ever a problem,” Biden said he told his wife, “just walk out on the balcony here— walk out, put that double barrel shot gun and fire two blasts outside the house.”

The problem with Biden’s advice is that it would empty the shotgun and possibly get the shooter in trouble with the law.

Richard Scalzo
Epping, NH

http://www.bigeastakitarescue.net

Posts: 5806 | Location: Epping, NH | Registered: October 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
I read that Depape also faces state charges of attempted homicide, first-degree burglary, assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated battery with serious bodily injury, elder abuse, threatening a public official, or family member, battery with serious bodily injury, injuring a wireless communications device, dissuading a witness from reporting a crime, and two unnamed felonies described as “code not listed in table – felony

I especially like "injuring a wireless communications device"

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Unflappable Enginerd
Picture of stoic-one
posted Hide Post
Guy pled not guilty, please let there be a jury trial for this! Razz

NRA Benefactor
I lost all my weapons in a boating, umm, accident.
http://www.aufamily.com/forums/

Posts: 6373 | Location: Headland, AL | Registered: April 19, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:
I read that Depape also faces state charges of attempted homicide, first-degree burglary, assault with a deadly weapon, aggravated battery with serious bodily injury, elder abuse, threatening a public official, or family member, battery with serious bodily injury, injuring a wireless communications device, dissuading a witness from reporting a crime, and two unnamed felonies described as “code not listed in table – felony

I especially like "injuring a wireless communications device"

The guy is getting railroaded. Big Time.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17195 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
Kamala says it's not who you KNOW, it's who you BLOW!

Posts: 8728 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
Has he had the opportunity yet to exclaim publicly that he is “not suicidal!” ?

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cruising the
Highway to Hell
Picture of 95flhr
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by downtownv:
Kamala says it's not who you KNOW, it's who you BLOW!

I thought it was how you blow who you know

“Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves.”
― Ronald Reagan

Retired old fart

Posts: 6528 | Location: Near the Beaverdam in VA | Registered: February 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIGnified:
Has he had the opportunity yet to exclaim publicly that he is “not suicidal!” ?

No, quite the opposite! At least according to the police.

https://news.yahoo.com/officia...icide-182656953.html

The man accused of breaking into House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s home, beating her husband and seeking to kidnap her told police he was on a “suicide mission” and...

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30953 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Not really from Vienna
Picture of arfmel
posted Hide Post
quote:
injuring a wireless communications device,

I was unaware this was an offense. I’ll turn myself in to the local authorities.

Posts: 27181 | Location: SW of Hovey, Texas | Registered: January 30, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Edge seeking
Sharp blade!
posted Hide Post
Rumor floating around the neurosurgical unit, is Paul in an anesthesia induced delirium, asked if the perp was charged with "ASS ault with a friendly weapon" then busted out laughing.

Posts: 7643 | Location: Over the hills and far away | Registered: January 20, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Don't quit your day job.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stoic-one:
Guy pled not guilty, please let there be a jury trial for this! Razz

[MR.BURNS]Ooooh, a freak show timed just about right for the summer and fall before the 2024 elections![/MR.BURNS]

That would be a lot of fun.
quote:
Originally posted by oddball:
This guy is getting railroaded. Big Time.

I really want to see this go to trial, and my WAG is that the defendant (being a hippie of long standing) is more interested in courtroom street theater than making this all go away. Having said that, the fact that the Feds have stepped in does leave me wondering whether the slew of charges is meant to convince the guy that he'd be better off accepting a quiet deportation back to Canada than he would be if he went to court.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
https://www.foxnews.com/us/u-s...-pelosi-was-attacked

Boy those cameras sure ain't what they used to be. I guess they forgot to use the record feature also.

Posts: 1085 | Location: New Jersey | Registered: August 16, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PeteF:
https://www.foxnews.com/us/u-s...-pelosi-was-attacked

Boy those cameras sure ain't what they used to be. I guess they forgot to use the record feature also.

"When going through surveillance footage, the officer saw the alleged attack on Oct. 28, when DePape allegedly struck Paul Pelosi, people briefed on the incident said, according to the report."

Apparently they do have a recording of the event. I'm curious the angle though and how he was able to see the attack if I'm assuming this is an outside camera.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30953 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Ironbutt
posted Hide Post
It's been five days and we still don't know what happened. Evidently they still need more time to come up with a believable scenario.

------------------------------------------------

"It's hard to imagine a more stupid or dangerous way of making decisions, than by putting those decisions in the hands of people who pay no price for being wrong."
Thomas Sowell

Posts: 2048 | Location: PA | Registered: September 01, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post