SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I'll tell you right now, gents- if you intend to drag this thread into Epstein and jail suicide and all of that, I will lock this thread and I will permanently disallow any further discussion of this incident.

We're not doing that stupid shit. I promise you, we are not doing it. If you want to post bonehead shit like that, take it elsewhere.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
If this involves something embarrassing to Pelosi, and if it's covered up, I don't think the coverup will last. Eventually, a lawsuit over a FOI request will force the release of the bodycam footage.

In that scenario, it'll once again be a case of the coverup being more damaging than the crime.

I think that is exactly what's going on. Bodycam footage is so frequently released within a week of an event that anything other than that looks suspicious.

If I'm jaded, my defense is that I didn't start out that way...

===
I would like to apologize to anyone I have *not* offended. Please be patient. I will get to you shortly.

Posts: 2107 | Location: The Sticks in Wisconsin. | Registered: September 30, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^^
Hope you are right. The dashcam video of Tiger Woods and various public officials see the light of day pretty quickly. Erasing the bodycam footage is unlikely. Officer involved shootings may take a while to be released as they are thoroughly reviewed by a third party.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
I don't know. Tiger Woods is not Nancy Pelosi's husband. There's decades of political horsepower and connections established there the likes of which no pro golfer is going to have on tap, let alone access to. My bet is no security or bodycam footage ever sees the light of day. There's money behind this, but also political favors and political threats that can be levied.

Without getting into anything like conspiracy theories, the account(s) we've been given don't make any sense in the context they're trying to frame them in. Other scenarios do. What benefits the left in general and the Pelosis in specific is for this to look like a politically motivated attacked instead of an extramarital affair gone wrong, and for the world to simply accept their explanation and move on.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^
We will have to see. Chappaquidick was a long time ago, and Pelosi is no Teddy Kennedy. There was Governor Earl Long cavorting with prostitutes and getting himself committed to a psychiatric facility.
Going back to the 1970s Wilbur Mills, a powerful congressman was in the company of Fannie Foxe, an exotic dancer. He was totally drunk and the Park Police tried to push it under the rug. It hit the papers in a big way.

JFK and his womanizing did not come to light until much later, but this is not the 1960s and the Pelosis are not that powerful.

Posts: 17530 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
You don't need to go back to the 1960's to make comparisons, the president was pushing their version of events to the nation last night.

Posts: 17675 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
One big difference today is that the mass media has become active political agents of the left. There is enough power behind the scenes to cancel or marginalize any media which deviates.

The days are gone when individual journalists sought to break the big story regardless of political implications. Gone are the days when the owners of media businesses saw profit in breaking big stories regardless of politics.

The media makes or disappears a story simply by covering it or ignoring it. This story will disappear once it no longer serves a purpose. Any future true facts such as body cam footage will be ignored or shadow banned.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I brought up the 60s to illustrate how hard it is to hide stuff these days. Patrick Kennedy showing up drunk at the Capitol at 2am drunk and taking Ambien. The Capitol Police brought him home, but it came to light. I am less skeptical than you.
The Kennedy incident was 2006.

posted Hide Post
[quote]The days are gone when individual journalists sought to break the big story regardless of political implications. Gone are the days when the owners of media businesses saw profit in breaking big stories regardless of politics.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The WSJ covers stories. Witness Theranos or the current scandal with Cerebral and Done.

Picture of Ripley
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Fly-Sig:
The days are gone when individual journalists sought to break the big story regardless of political implications. Gone are the days when the owners of media businesses saw profit in breaking big stories regardless of politics.

As rumors of a Lewinsky scandal swirled, the media were on the edge of their seats, smelling blood in the water. At that time blood in the water was their reason to be.

But Clinton came right out denying, unseen before levels of gall. The media sat back, smiled with approval and admiration and willingly became part of the problem. Ever since.

Set the controls for the heart of the Sun.

Posts: 8560 | Location: Flown-over country | Registered: December 25, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
[quote]The days are gone when individual journalists sought to break the big story regardless of political implications. Gone are the days when the owners of media businesses saw profit in breaking big stories regardless of politics.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
The WSJ covers stories. Witness Theranos or the current scandal with Cerebral and Done.

How many average Americans read the WSJ? How many other outlets jump onto stories negative to Dems? Theranos is hardly the same as the Bidens selling influence to our enemies!

The point being that most Americans only get their news from one of the mainstream outlets, which all promote the leftist agenda. If one outlet such as WSJ or Project Veritas covers something big but negative to the left, it gets ignored by the leftist media.

In the old days, if one outlet broke something which might be big then many others would jump in and try to suss out even more. That is what does not happen today.

To wit: Hunter Biden's laptop. The leftist media happily promoted the lies that it was faked by the Russians as election interference. None looked into it with any serious curiosity.

I believe in the past there would have been two very big differences. First, journalists and editors would go after it hard because of their desire for prestige and money. Secondly, journalists covering the story would not be cancelled. Today the desires are promoting leftist agendas and avoiding their career being destroyed.

Posts: 9755 | Location: On the mountain off the grid | Registered: February 25, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Well we have Twatter and plenty of podcasts. News or whatever you want to call it is 24/7. You are right about Jimmy Olsen being in the past.
Theranos was a big deal if you care about medicine and healthcare fraud. Plenty of stuff went on during the Cold war that was NEVER in the papers. We are just now finding the details of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

Picture of wrightd
posted Hide Post
Well what we do know is that it started out without any underwear, and except for that tiny detail, we will never know the rest of the story, and so it will soon be buried and slowly and completely fade away forever and ever. Amen.

Lover of the US Constitution
Wile E. Coyote School of DIY Disaster

Posts: 8931 | Location: Nowhere the constitution is not honored | Registered: February 01, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
You can't know what we will know in the days and weeks to come.

Posts: 109165 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No More
Mr. Nice Guy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well we have Twatter and plenty of podcasts. News or whatever you want to call it is 24/7. You are right about Jimmy Olsen being in the past.
Theranos was a big deal if you care about medicine and healthcare fraud. Plenty of stuff went on during the Cold war that was NEVER in the papers. We are just now finding the details of the Cuban Missile Crisis.

My point isn't that the information hasn't been presented in some alternative venues, it is that the large majority of Americans don't seek out the information. They hear it on the nightly news and that is as far as they go. I can think of a few coworkers and a couple of relatives who have tried to inform themselves by going outside of the mainstream media. They are rare exceptions.

posted Hide Post
quote:
They hear it on the nightly news and that is as far as they go

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I last watched the nightly news when Cronkite was on. I think most Americans do not watch the nightly news unless they are retired.

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
They hear it on the nightly news and that is as far as they go

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I last watched the nightly news when Cronkite was on. I think most Americans do not watch the nightly news unless they are retired.

I'm retired and I don't watch the nightly news. Id rather have a blister on my tongue and a strange rash than watch those lying, dissembling, prevaricating, posturing, pandering, pretentious, malevolent pieces of invertebrate shit.

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Of course you didnt because you are an intelligent Republican.

The Main Thing Is
Not To Get Excited
Picture of wishfull thinker
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course you didnt because you are an intelligent Republican.

I never thought of it like that. Cool

Posts: 6514 | Location: Washington | Registered: November 06, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post
Paul Pelosi, was released from the hospital Thursday

Nancy Pelosi said, “Paul remains under doctors’ care as he continues to progress on a long recovery process and convalescence. He is now home.”

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post