SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year.
Page 1 ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... 31
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's hard being Paul Pelosi this year. Login/Join 
Picture of downtownv
posted Hide Post
They had a Quarrel, a Lovers Spat!

Posts: 8726 | Location: 18 miles long, 6 Miles at Sea | Registered: January 22, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Muzzle flash
aficionado
Picture of flashguy
posted Hide Post
One report said that the attacker asked "where's Nancy" when he first approached Paul. Most have assumed that he might have been looking to do her harm, but I'm wondering if he weren't trying to ascertain that she wouldn't likely be interrupting them.

flashguy

Texan by choice, not accident of birth

Posts: 27911 | Location: Dallas, TX | Registered: May 08, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
This one sure took a turn down queer street.

Posts: 2065 | Location: Indiana or Florida depending on season  | Registered: March 18, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
It took a few days for the media to write up a bullshit story blaming this on a right wingers plot to hurt democrats. They don’t mention the underwear or how Paul knew the guy.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/pau..._intcmp=hp1bt1,hp1bt

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12605 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of John Steed
posted Hide Post
Detained without bail.

... stirred anti-clockwise.

Posts: 2164 | Location: Michigan | Registered: May 24, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of spunk639
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by John Steed:
Detained without bail.

No bail because he wasn’t charged in a California court, he’s in the Federal Court, if he broke into John Q’s home in California he’d be out.

https://www.justice.gov/usao-n...reaking-and-entering

Posts: 2846 | Location: Boston, Mass | Registered: December 02, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
wishing we
were congress
posted Hide Post

Posts: 19759 | Registered: July 21, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
So they dropped the attempted murder and all the other stuff for assault and attempted kidnapping. Wow.

Posts: 17673 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
^^^^^^^^^^
Well, he is not getting out anytime soon. Federal prisons are nicer with the exception of Florence Super Max. He is not likely to last long either way. People like him are targets.

Posts: 17528 | Location: Stuck at home | Registered: January 02, 2015Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by flashguy:
One report said that the attacker asked "where's Nancy" when he first approached Paul.

That one "report" originated from an unnamed source at CNN. Everyone else ran with it.

Now remember, CNN and other "news agencies" have been working overtime to deceive, create stories, and outright lie to the American public in regards to Trump, Black Lives Matter, George Floyd, Covid-19, the 2020 election, etc. etc. etc. And they are getting their marching orders from somewhere, the same entities that are spinning the Paul Pelosi incident.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17192 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shall Not Be Infringed
Picture of nhracecraft
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sdy:

Interesting...There are laws specifically protecting the immediate family members of a 'federal official'. And here I thought the 'immediate family members' of federal officials were generally just committing federal offenses... Roll Eyes

If Some is Good, and More is Better.....then Too Much, is Just Enough !!
Trump 2024....Save America!
"May Almighty God bless the United States of America" - parabellum 7/26/20
Live Free or Die!

Posts: 9440 | Location: New Hampshire | Registered: October 29, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get my pies
outta the oven!

Picture of PASig
posted Hide Post
“Where’s Nancy?” = “This is MAGA country!”

Both never happened Roll Eyes

Posts: 34642 | Location: Pennsylvania | Registered: November 12, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Staring back
from the abyss
Picture of Gustofer
posted Hide Post
How can you attempt to kidnap someone who is 2500 miles away?

Posts: 20600 | Location: Montana | Registered: November 01, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Fire begets Fire
Picture of SIGnified
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
^^^^^^^^^^
Well, he is not getting out anytime soon. Federal prisons are nicer with the exception of Florence Super Max. He is not likely to last long either way. People like him are targets.

I played a round of golf with the Warden one day. Interesting conversations.

We were a duce, who picked up the nice Warden as a third. Patty Juett Municipal

"Pacifism is a shifty doctrine under which a man accepts the benefits of the social group without being willing to pay - and claims a halo for his dishonesty."
~Robert A. Heinlein

Posts: 26758 | Location: dughouse | Registered: February 04, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Quotes by 'unnamed, undisclosed, or confidential' sources are made up by the story author.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38247 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
is circumspective
Picture of vinnybass
posted Hide Post
Maybe the charges are leverage to plead him down for silence about the truth.

Keep yer mouth shut or you'll do real time.

"We're all travelers in this world. From the sweet grass to the packing house. Birth 'til death. We travel between the eternities."

Posts: 5545 | Location: Las Vegas, NV. | Registered: May 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ZSMICHAEL:
…Federal prisons are nicer with the exception of Florence Super Max….

And another detention facility on Cuba.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32051 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Gracie Allen is my
personal savior!
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by vinnybass:
Maybe the charges are leverage to plead him down for silence about the truth.

Keep yer mouth shut or you'll do real time.

I always wondered if this came into play when Dingy Harry Reid showed up with a black eye and an implausible story about being thrown off a treadmill. And there, all they were trying to cover up is that Reid got decked by his brother over some argument.

Posts: 27303 | Location: Deep in the heart of the brush country, and closing on that #&*%!?! roadrunner. Really. | Registered: February 05, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
Satire from The Onion

Link

GOP Condemns Attack On Paul Pelosi As Half-Assed

WASHINGTON—As House Speaker Nancy Pelosi’s husband continued his recovery Tuesday, top GOP leaders condemned the violent assault against 82-year-old Paul Pelosi, uniformly criticizing the attack as half-assed. “We all need to come together and call out this attack in the strongest possible terms for failing to live up to its promise,” said Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, echoing fellow Republicans in his unanimous denunciation of the assailant’s plan as “poorly thought through” and not even a fraction of what it could have been.

“Put simply, this sort of half-baked kidnapping plot has no place in modern America. It was beyond reckless for this man to come to his attempted break-in armed with nothing but zip ties and rope. What terrible planning. Not even a pistol? Wouldn’t that have come in handy? And why are you asking where Nancy Pelosi is? You should known where she was beforehand, dipshit. Anyway, this is not the Republican Party I believe in. That Republican Party would have gotten this man to fully think through his tactics ahead of time so he could really knock the whole kidnapping Nancy Pelosi thing out of the park.” Republican officials added that this was a moment for their most fervent supporters to really reflect on the meaning of the phrase go big or go home.

Posts: 24339 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
Was the Onion ever funny? I seem to recall they were once a long time ago.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

Posts: 30952 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post