SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 493 494 495 496 497 498 499 ... 1206
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And yet again, my standard response still holds...So what. How many are asymptomatic, how many are in their rack unable to to their job, and how many have died? I think we can assume none have died or CNN would have been all over that. So again, this is likely no big freaking deal. Just more attempts to terrorize the public with fabricated bad news.

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes. Trying to further scare already scared people, who don't have a clue what to do with this information about these sailors, or the real-world ramifications of it (none), except to be more scared than they were yesterday.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 107587 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
I wonder what the reaction would be if all of the retired hockey goalies from the '60s, '70s, and '80s who wore (and often decorated) their form-fitting Fiberglas masks wore them while out shopping and running errands.

Gerry Cheevers would probably have most of the women and children (and some of the men) running and screaming.
Or....

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
The more the Democrats try to tank the economy the more I think it helps Trump:

1. People can see that the economy is not doing poorly because of Trump. Most thinking people can see that the economy was damaged by an external factor (i.e. the pandemic), and they can also see that the Democrats are doing whatever they can to increase the pain.

2. The worse the economy gets, the stronger the argument for re-electing Trump. Who do you trust to rebuild the economy - the guy who gave us the greatest economy we've ever seen before all this happened or the old leftist with dementia who looks to Sanders, AOC, Stacy Abrams, etc for policy advice?
You also forgot one very important factor the Dem's can't control. As free states open and recover without mass deaths (as everyone has been told repeatedly), folks in the other states will have hard evidence what is going on and being perpetuated on them by the Dem's. When that happens, Katie bar the door, it could get really ugly.

A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
Trump is fighting a world of tyrants.
He is our shield between them and our enslavement.

We should rally around him, and speak to those who still can be reached to seek, think, and discover for themselves what is true of this.

Then they will see the actions, words, and evil deeds of those who wish to only destroy in order to fashion a world that they fully control.

The founders of this country, I believe granted the vision by God, (as in the prose of Eccliasties "a time, and a season...") to see and know the heart of man in a way not otherwise discerned. And they laboured to build a strong foundation, that others would build upon it a fortress, that all freemen could live and prosper.

It is ours to work to preserve or allow to be reduced to rubble from neglect and destructive forces.

tyranny
-cruel and oppressive government or rule.

tyrant(s)
-a person(s) exercising power or control in a cruel, unreasonable, or arbitrary way.

turannos (greek)
-who has seized power in a state by resorting to actions that turn out to be tainted, that is, polluted.

Tainted. Polluted.

A turannos, translated as ‘tyrant’, is a ruler who has seized power in a state by resorting to actions that turn out to be tainted, that is, polluted. The tyrant may seem to be a very accomplished and even charismatic king, modeling himself on the hero-kings of the heroic age, but he is really a dictator, polluted by his actions just as the hero-kings of the heroic age were polluted by their own actions. The pollution is a sign of hubris or moral ‘outrage’ —which is the opposite of dikē or ‘justice’. In moralizing stories about tyrants, such hubris is destined to be punished by divine sanction. And the two most common metaphors for expressing such a sanction against a tyrant’s hubris are shipwreck and sterility.

https://kosmossociety.chs.harvard.edu/?p=26315

I'm done preachin' (for) now.
-fromtherooftopmonkey

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 43881 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bigdeal:
As free states open and recover without mass deaths

One party is hoping for the opposite. I remember Trump wanting to start sooner- by Easter.

The aircraft carrier- When I was in the Navy they told us people died when a carrier went to sea because it was a dangerous job.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13400 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
We lived dangerously, yesterday. First we had friends over. We jokingly elbow-bumped when they arrived, but, as they left his wife insisted on hugs. So hug we did. Nobody wore masks. We may have had six feet of separation at the table on the patio, but I think it was closer to four or less.

Then I went on a beer run to a local party store. I did not wear a mask! (Though I did disinfect my hands upon leaving the store.)

Then we ordered take-out dinner and, while it was curb-side pickup, I again did not wear a mask!

Livin' on the edge, I tell ya's.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
bigger government
= smaller citizen
Picture of Veeper
posted Hide Post
quote:
Then I went on a beer run to a local party store. I did not wear a mask! (Though I did disinfect my hands upon leaving the store.)

I went to Lowe's AND Home Depot yesterday and wore no mask. This has been true for me for weeks now. Whitmer can suck a dong, and so can the mask people that would venture to let me know what they think I should have over my face.

“The urge to save humanity is almost always only a false-face for the urge to rule it.”—H.L. Mencken

Posts: 9158 | Location: West Michigan | Registered: April 20, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
Yeah, I'm going to keep a mask in the car for those businesses that demand it, but otherwise I think I'm done with that.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
We lived dangerously, yesterday. First we had friends over. We jokingly elbow-bumped when they arrived, but, as they left his wife insisted on hugs. So hug we did. Nobody wore masks. We may have had six feet of separation at the table on the patio, but I think it was closer to four or less.

Then we ordered take-out dinner and, while it was curb-side pickup, I again did not wear a mask!

Livin' on the edge, I tell ya's.

Same here, the wife and I hug our son and his wife on a regular basis (at least once a week). We even buy a beer from then local 7-11 and everyone has one. It's tough living on edge. Scary as hell.

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
I may have said it before, I don’t mind wearing a mask in the store, in fact I kind of like it. I also like all the attractive women! It’s amazing how good they all look when you can’t see most of their faces! My problem is I keep forgetting they can still see my eyes.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
I tried to shake hands with my barber but he wasn't havin' it. I guess I can't say I blame him. He is coming on close contact with strangers, although I've known him for sixteen years.

I'm assuming that this is temporary. A year from now, I would hope that (most) everyone is back to normal behavior, either out of knowledge and hindsight, or just plain old forgetting about the black plague.

Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
I made this out of a mesh lingerie bag and mini bungee cords.

Bytes - something you need to tell all of us?

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4577 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Non-Miscreant
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
or just plain old forgetting about the black plague.

OH, lets be un-PC and call it the yellow plague. That'll get them riled up.

Unhappy ammo seeker

Posts: 18388 | Location: Kentucky, USA | Registered: February 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
This page needs that pic a few more times.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sgalczyn:
Bytes - something you need to tell all of us?

Where are you coming from? I wished Balze and his family the best (my next post), and said there is no way that I would not wear a mask if MY EMPLOYER
required it. Problems with that? Apparently so???

sgalczyn: You don't seem right. Is everything OK?

Posts: 7551 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
From the chart below – either

• democrats are more susceptible to the virus
  • republicans do a better job controlling the virus
  • somebody is lying

https://blnnews.com/2020/05/17...ing-money-off-covid/

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24116 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
"Member"
Picture of cas
posted Hide Post
Some folks can quote, but can't edit.

Posts: 21105 | Location: 18th & Fairfax  | Registered: May 17, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by chellim1:
From the chart below – either
  • democrats are more susceptible to the virus
  • republicans do a better job controlling the virus
  • somebody is lying
I'm gonna go with Door Number Three, Monty!!

quote:
Originally posted by cas:
Some folks can quote, but can't edit.
Yes, this is so. We need a tutorial.

Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

Where are you coming from? I wished Balze and his family the best (my next post), and said there is no way that I would not wear a mask if MY EMPLOYER
required it. Problems with that? Apparently so???

sgalczyn: You don't seem right. Is everything OK?

I think he mistakenly attributed my pic to you and tried to make a joke about "mesh lingerie."

Anyway, thank you for your well wishes. I wish you and your family the same. We're doing well. Heading up to Bear Lake towards the end of the month to get out of Summit County and enjoy nature a bit. Take care

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30409 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post