SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 490 491 492 493 494 495 496 ... 1207
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Picture of NapoleonSolo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DSgrouse:
This Mask thing is getting ridiculous!

quote:
Louisa Police Department- VirginiaLike Page
35 mins ·
Larceny Investigation

The Town of Louisa Police Department is conducting a larceny investigation and is requesting the public's assistance with identifying and locating the subjects of the photos attached to this request.

On May 6, 2020, at 2135 hours, two subjects arrived at the Sheetz in a LIFTED 2006 Black Toyota Tacoma wearing hollowed-out watermelon rinds with holes cut out for the eyes into the store where they proceeded to commit a larceny.

If you know who these two are or their whereabouts, please contact Officer Taylor of the Town of Louisa Police Department at 540-967-1234 or Crime Solvers at 1-800-346-1466 OR https://www.louisatown.org/report-a-crime/

Reference case MELON-HEADS

Shame on me but I couldn't help but laugh my asso off at these photos

“Our actions may be impeded...
But there can be no impeding our intentions or our dispositions. Because we can accommodate and adapt. The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting.

The impeding to action advances action.

What stands in the way becomes the way.”

― Marcus Aurelius

Posts: 240 | Location: Indianapolis, Indiana | Registered: November 24, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
gonna get really interesting when states start revising their COVID19 numbers to reflect the real cause of death

died from COVID or died with COVID

makes a huge difference, one is important and the other isn't

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Well, today I got my much-needed haircut. I waited for my barber to reopen his shop. I've never been so happy to get a haircut.

Where is the shop? I'm getting shaggy enough to make the drive.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4582 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nhtagmember:
here's a question I didn't get an answer to at the state level

right now its against the law to wear a mask while carrying a concealed weapon...

so if the government tells you to wear a mask, can you still carry concealed?

and more on masks - I see dozens of morons driving around in their own cars wearing a mask...how (&%#^ing stupid to you have to be

Wearing a mask applies only if you've committed an "offense", ARS #13-701D.26 is the specific statute.

Wearing a mask is not a violation within the CCW statutes, ARS #13-3101 through #13-3122

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Go ahead punk, make my day
posted Hide Post
Panhandle Beaches are wide open and packed - no masks, no drama, ppl keeping a little distance between groups but that’s about it. Beach workers are “glad its so busy”.

Lots of Smile all around the waterfront. Lots of boats and jetskis too.

Fuck the ‘Rona bullshit, Florida seems to be saying...

Posts: 45798 | Registered: July 12, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:

right now its against the law to wear a mask while carrying a concealed weapon...

and more on masks - I see dozens of morons driving around in their own cars wearing a mask...how (&%#^ing stupid to you have to be

Wearing a mask applies only if you've committed an "offense", ARS #13-701D.26 is the specific statute.

Wearing a mask is not a violation within the CCW statutes, ARS #13-3101 through #13-3122

yes, but previously the wearing of a mask was a presumption of having committed an offense....

Posts: 53215 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
GIGO

No shit, Sherlock Roll Eyes

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
His diet consists of black
coffee, and sarcasm.
Picture of egregore
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, today I got my much-needed haircut. I waited for my barber to reopen his shop. I've never been so happy to get a haircut.
So did I, and so was I.

Posts: 27977 | Location: Johnson City, TN | Registered: April 28, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by az4783054:
quote:

yes, but previously the wearing of a mask was a presumption of having committed an offense....

That specific 'mask' statute was sun set years ago.

Posts: 11194 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer. | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
ok thanks...appreciate it - not that I've ever worn a mask...just didn't want to get hosed thats all Big Grin

paradox in a box
Picture of frayedends
posted Hide Post
The mayor of Boston is truly a moron. He’s continuing the shutdown because testing show not enough people have been exposed to the virus. Wait what??

http://nypost.com/2020/05/16/b...irus-antibody-study/

These go to eleven.

Posts: 12445 | Location: Westminster, MA | Registered: November 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
yeah, wasn't that the point of the lock down - get everyone where they couldn't be exposed and let their healthy immune system actually do what it was designed to do...

no one ever accused the Mayor of Boston of being a MENSA member.

of course Walsh is a democrat - so that alone and MENSA are mutually exclusive

Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by frayedends:
The mayor of Boston is truly a moron. He’s continuing the shutdown because testing show not enough people have been exposed to the virus. Wait what??

Here's more from the article you linked:

quote:
Boston’s mayor has put his plans for reopening the city on ice after a new study revealed that nearly 90% of residents haven’t been exposed to the coronavirus.

Mayor Marty Walsh had intended to gradually lift Boston’s lockdown starting Monday but changed his mind when he learned of the findings. Other parts of Massachusetts, however, are beginning to restart their economies.

“We can draw two preliminary conclusions from the results of this study,” Walsh said at a news conference Friday. “First, that the actions we took early on in this pandemic made a real difference in slowing the spread and, second, that the majority of our population still have not been exposed to the virus. This underscores what we already know, that we have to move cautiously and stay focused on what got us this far.”

So...
1. the actions we took early on in this pandemic made a real difference in slowing the spread, and
2. Because we slowed the spread we have to STAY shut down until everyone has had it....

OR is it until Donald Trump is defeated in November?

I'm really starting to think that these Democrats are trying to destroy the economy in order to hurt Donald Trump politically.

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24156 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
I haven't had a haircut since mid-March even though the barbers and salons here have been open since the beginning of the month. The commies who run Summit County are requiring salons to make their customers wear a mask, or they shut them down. Luckily I am really good friends with the girl who cuts my hair, and I have convinced her to trim me up at her homestead salon setup. So near the end of the month before I jet back to work, I'll head down to her place for a cut. She thinks this retarded mask requirement will go into July.

It's curious, since just last week I sat in a dentist's chair for 45 mins with his hands all up in my grill, and yet I can't sit in a barber's chair for 10-15 mins for a haircut? No sense to any of it.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Finally some effective pushback here in NC. While we have opened some things, a group of ministers and churches filed a federal lawsuit against our resident moron governor Cooper. This afternoon a federal judge issued an injunction against his order prohibiting inside church services with more than ten people. This comes soon after several Sheriffs had come out refusing to enforce that order banning services. Way to go judge!!!
Now, just when things seem to be calming down with flattened/lessened cases here, some asshole in San Francisco has enlisted leftist university researchers here to help him lobby Cooper to order the wearing of masks in public! What the fuck business is it of this ass hole out there in the shit hole of the country to stick his nose in our business here and why all of a sudden is mask wearing so damned important. If it is so damn important why not do it a month ago at the worst part of this?

Posts: 887 | Location: North Carolina | Registered: December 14, 2019Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
GIGO

No shit, Sherlock Roll Eyes

This bears emphasis. From the article (emphasis mine):

quote:
Experts have derided the coding from Professor Neil Ferguson, warning that it is a “buggy mess that looks more like a bowl of angel hair pasta than a finely tuned piece of programming.”

“In our commercial reality, we would fire anyone for developing code like this and any business that relied on it to produce software for sale would likely go bust,” David Richards, co-founder of British data technology company WANdisco, told the Daily Telegraph.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
I haven't had a haircut since mid-March even though the barbers and salons here have been open since the beginning of the month. The commies who run Summit County are requiring salons to make their customers wear a mask, or they shut them down. Luckily I am really good friends with the girl who cuts my hair, and I have convinced her to trim me up at her homestead salon setup. So near the end of the month before I jet back to work, I'll head down to her place for a cut. She thinks this retarded mask requirement will go into July.

It's curious, since just last week I sat in a dentist's chair for 45 mins with his hands all up in my grill, and yet I can't sit in a barber's chair for 10-15 mins for a haircut? No sense to any of it.

A 20 minute drive down Parley's canyon will get you to a barber. Be warned, since we opened up our state traffic was nuts today. A good sign IMHO.

As far as masks go, my work will require it starting on Monday IF you want to get back to your desk. Everyone has been WFO for over 2 months. I'll gladly put on a mask if that's what it takes, and no I won't turn in my security badge over having to wear a mask. Fuck this you're a pussy if you wear a mask attitude, I like my paycheck.

Posts: 7562 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Tinker Sailor Soldier Pie
Picture of Balzé Halzé
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

A 20 minute drive down Parley's canyon will get you to a barber. Be warned, since we opened up our state traffic was nuts today. A good sign IMHO.

Actually, my wife drove down to Salt Lake for a hair treatment last week, and she was required to wear a mask. Perhaps Salt Lake County has the same mandate or it's statewide. Don't know. Don't care. But either way I'll be driving down Parley's for a trim since my hairdresser lives in Salt Lake.

quote:
As far as masks go, my work will require it starting on Monday IF you want to get back to your desk. Everyone has been WFO for over 2 months. I'll gladly put on a mask if that's what it takes, and no I won't turn in my security badge over having to wear a mask. Fuck this you're a pussy if you wear a mask attitude, I like my paycheck.

People are free to do as they wish. As far as your employer requiring a mask, that's a completely different situation, now isn't it?

For instance, Delta is requiring masks for all its passengers in the ticketing area, Sky Clubs, boarding area, and onboard the plane. I have no choice but to fly in order to get back to work, so I'll do what I have to do. Although if Delta thinks I'm going to wear a mask for the duration of a five hour flight, they ought to think again.

Anyway, I'm prepared in case I get any gruff in my travels. I made this out of a mesh lingerie bag and mini bungee cords. At least I'll have no issue breathing.

And "pussy" isn't the word I would use.

~Alan

Acta Non Verba
NRA Life Member (Patron)
God, Family, Guns, Country

Men will fight and die to protect women... because women protect everything else. ~Andrew Klavan

"Once there was only dark. If you ask me, light is winning." ~Rust Cohle

Posts: 30420 | Location: Elv. 7,000 feet, Utah | Registered: October 29, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
...I made this out of a mesh lingerie bag and mini bungee cords....

Stolen! Love it!

Is the rest of Utah opening up? When this whole mess started, and I thought there was a possibility of furlough for me, I figured I'd come home (NM), pack up the Jeep, and head to the SE Utah desert for a while. I then found that San Juan and Kane counties (and maybe more) went as far as to ban primitive dispersed camping to non-county residents. That makes sense - I'm social distancing by miles, and it's forbidden.

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3302 | Location: Carlsbad NM/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That mask shows the farce of all this. There are no standards for these masks except that something is covering your mouth and nose. Truly, truly ridiculous. Theater for imbeciles.

What are they going to do? Tell you that your mask is sub-standard? Compared to what??

Posts: 107684 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post