SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 492 493 494 495 496 497 498 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Excam_Man:
^^^ Menards should be taking a hit, with their mask requirement and no one under 16 bullshit.

Menards has lost my business ever since they started this shit. Been giving Home Depot my business since they allow kids and dont have a mask requirement.

Posts: 327 | Registered: January 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
well in Hong Kong they started wearing mask almost immediately when this started. They have a very low death and infection rate.

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Do---or do not.
There is no try.
posted Hide Post
I wonder what the reaction would be if all of the retired hockey goalies from the '60s, '70s, and '80s who wore (and often decorated) their form-fitting Fiberglas masks wore them while out shopping and running errands.

Gerry Cheevers would probably have most of the women and children (and some of the men) running and screaming.

Posts: 4558 | Registered: January 01, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
that would be awesome

quote:
Originally posted by snoris:
I wonder what the reaction would be if all of the retired hockey goalies from the '60s, '70s, and '80s who wore (and often decorated) their form-fitting Fiberglas masks wore them while out shopping and running errands.

Gerry Cheevers would probably have most of the women and children (and some of the men) running and screaming.

Posts: 395 | Registered: June 26, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
OR is it until Donald Trump is defeated in November?

I'm really starting to think that these Democrats are trying to destroy the economy in order to hurt Donald Trump politically.

That is the whole point, plus NWO / UN Agenda 21..!

Posts: 930 | Location: SE-PA | Registered: August 09, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Be not wise in
thine own eyes
Picture of kimber1911
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm really starting to think that these Democrats are trying to destroy the economy in order to hurt Donald Trump politically.

If you don’t think the Democrats are trying to destroy the economy, hurt President Trump, destroy our Constitutional rights, and take control over our lives, you haven’t been paying attention.

There is no “starting to think”, for me it is perfectly clear.

“We’re in a situation where we have put together, and you guys did it for our administration…President Obama’s administration before this. We have put together, I think, the most extensive and inclusive voter fraud organization in the history of American politics,”
Pres. Select, Joe Biden

“Let’s go, Brandon” Kelli Stavast, 2 Oct. 2021

Posts: 5294 | Location: USA | Registered: December 05, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And how in hell could you disinfect an aircraft carrier?

It is a nuclear carrier after all .....couldn't you just kick everyone off the ship for an hour and crack open the door to the reactor ?? Wink

Posts: 1295 | Location: Idaho | Registered: October 21, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I run trains!
Picture of SigM4
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mike28w:
quote:
Originally posted by YooperSigs:
And how in hell could you disinfect an aircraft carrier?

It is a nuclear carrier after all .....couldn't you just kick everyone off the ship for an hour and crack open the door to the reactor ?? Wink

Do you want a zombie virus, cause this is how you get a zombie virus. Big Grin

Success always occurs in private, and failure in full view.

Complacency sucks…

Posts: 5425 | Location: Wichita, KS (for now)…always a Texan… | Registered: April 14, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm not a tinfoil hat wearer But this seems to be the intent.

Amazon isn't coming back to the office until October and word on the street is Microsoft is following suit and Not coming back to campus until October.

Pelosi's new $3,000,000,000,000 boondoggle extends unemployment until Jan 2021.

Being a Born Again Cynic I always thought the dems would purposefully bugger the economy to get their way But in a way never thought anyone would be so evil.

The butcher with the sharpest knife has the warmest heart.

Posts: 13490 | Location: Bottom of Lake Washington | Registered: March 06, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by braillediver:
quote:

I'm not a tinfoil hat wearer But this seems to be the intent.

Amazon isn't coming back to the office until October and word on the street is Microsoft is following suit and Not coming back to campus until October.

Pelosi's new $3,000,000,000,000 boondoggle extends unemployment until Jan 2021.

Being a Born Again Cynic I always thought the dems would purposefully bugger the economy to get their way But in a way never thought anyone would be so evil.

They know their only chance is to wreck the economy before the election. Only a fool would think this isn't intentional at this point.

Posts: 2690 | Location: Baltimore | Registered: October 22, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
We had our first baseball practice since early March this morning. Local city park with a regulation baseball field (Cameron Brown in Germantown for those familiar with the Memphis area) is locked but there are some fields behind a nearby school that are big enough for us old men to take some batting practice and throw some so we were using one of those fields.

Local park rangers and police have told us that if we keep to 10 or fewer people on the field we are ok. When I showed up I was number 11 so one the guys who was there earlier said he was ready to go so we still only had 10 of us on the field.

Somebody must have called the police as one showed up just after I arrived to check it out and when the guy explained we had 10 they said ok and left us alone. Park was petty busy for early Sunday morning because with all the churches still shut down people are out and about getting some fresh air and exercise.

Glad the police didn't try to kick a bunch of over 40 year old men playing baseball (not softball mind you Smile) because some Karen decided we weren't distancing enough for her liking.

Whole world has gone crazy and this insanity needs to end yesterday!

Posts: 1161 | Registered: July 23, 2014Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Now in Florida
Picture of ChicagoSigMan
posted Hide Post
The more the Democrats try to tank the economy the more I think it helps Trump:

1. People can see that the economy is not doing poorly because of Trump. Most thinking people can see that the economy was damaged by an external factor (i.e. the pandemic), and they can also see that the Democrats are doing whatever they can to increase the pain.

2. The worse the economy gets, the stronger the argument for re-electing Trump. Who do you trust to rebuild the economy - the guy who gave us the greatest economy we've ever seen before all this happened or the old leftist with dementia who looks to Sanders, AOC, Stacy Abrams, etc for policy advice?

Posts: 6082 | Location: FL | Registered: March 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of IntrepidTraveler
posted Hide Post
^^^

Third, economies are being tanked by their local royalty (governors), not Trump

Thus the metric system did not really catch on in the States, unless you count the increasing popularity of the nine-millimeter bullet.
- Dave Barry

"Never go through life saying 'I should have'..." - quote from the 9/11 Boatlift Story (thanks, sdy for posting it)

Posts: 3350 | Location: Grapevine TX/ Augusta GA | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of az4783054
posted Hide Post
Thinking a homemade mask will reduce covid-19 is probably like thinking your undies will stop a fart from smelling...

Posts: 11199 | Location: Somewhere north of a hot humid hell in the summer | Registered: January 09, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by uzigalil:
well in Hong Kong they started wearing mask almost immediately when this started. They have a very low death and infection rate.

People have been wearing masks in Hong Kong for decades due to excessive Air pollution. Hong Kong also got hit hard with SARS and the Bird Flu in the 2000's so the germ-o-phobic factor is very high.

Posts: 4979 | Registered: April 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Balzé Halzé:
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:

A 20 minute drive down Parley's canyon will get you to a barber. Be warned, since we opened up our state traffic was nuts today. A good sign IMHO.

Actually, my wife drove down to Salt Lake for a hair treatment last week, and she was required to wear a mask. Perhaps Salt Lake County has the same mandate or it's statewide. Don't know. Don't care. But either way I'll be driving down Parley's for a trim since my hairdresser lives in Salt Lake.

quote:
As far as masks go, my work will require it starting on Monday IF you want to get back to your desk. Everyone has been WFO for over 2 months. I'll gladly put on a mask if that's what it takes, and no I won't turn in my security badge over having to wear a mask. Fuck this you're a pussy if you wear a mask attitude, I like my paycheck.

People are free to do as they wish. As far as your employer requiring a mask, that's a completely different situation, now isn't it?

For instance, Delta is requiring masks for all its passengers in the ticketing area, Sky Clubs, boarding area, and onboard the plane. I have no choice but to fly in order to get back to work, so I'll do what I have to do. Although if Delta thinks I'm going to wear a mask for the duration of a five hour flight, they ought to think again.

Anyway, I'm prepared in case I get any gruff in my travels. I made this out of a mesh lingerie bag and mini bungee cords. At least I'll have no issue breathing.

And "pussy" isn't the word I would use.

Balze I wish you and your family the best! As a fellow Utahaaaan, I an as concerned as you are. Best wishes my friend.

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
And yet again, my standard response still holds...So what. How many are asymptomatic, how many are in their rack unable to to their job, and how many have died? I think we can assume none have died or CNN would have been all over that. So again, this is likely no big freaking deal. Just more attempts to terrorize the public with fabricated bad news.

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Yes. Trying to further scare already scared people, who don't have a clue what to do with this information about these sailors, or the real-world ramifications of it (none), except to be more scared than they were yesterday.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by snoris:

Or....

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ChicagoSigMan:
The more the Democrats try to tank the economy the more I think it helps Trump:

1. People can see that the economy is not doing poorly because of Trump. Most thinking people can see that the economy was damaged by an external factor (i.e. the pandemic), and they can also see that the Democrats are doing whatever they can to increase the pain.

2. The worse the economy gets, the stronger the argument for re-electing Trump. Who do you trust to rebuild the economy - the guy who gave us the greatest economy we've ever seen before all this happened or the old leftist with dementia who looks to Sanders, AOC, Stacy Abrams, etc for policy advice?
You also forgot one very important factor the Dem's can't control. As free states open and recover without mass deaths (as everyone has been told repeatedly), folks in the other states will have hard evidence what is going on and being perpetuated on them by the Dem's. When that happens, Katie bar the door, it could get really ugly.