SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 496 497 498 499 500 501 502 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zipriderson:
I'm not going to pretend this virus is no big deal. I'm not going to pretend it's not out there, and that I cannot get infected.
How many people does the plain old flu kill each year? Have you been hiding in your house since you popped out of the womb? No?? HOW RECKLESS!!!!!!!! Don't you CARE about anyone else?? The flu can kill people, and does!! You could be spreading influenza!! Or, even worse, you could get the flu from someone esle. The flu can KILL YOU, you know?

quote:
This decision is based on what I want to do for my family, not because of what the government is telling me to do.
My God, man. You have been brainwashed. Your decision is not based upon what the government is telling you to do? Say what? Just who in the fuck do you think jammed all that fear into your head???? Tinkerbell??

I realize the chances of my getting through the programming you've received are nil, but, there's always that one in a zillion chance.

"I am your retribution." - Donald Trump, speech at CPAC, March 4, 2023

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of PowerSurge
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm taking precaution. I've decided for my family to minimize exposure to people. To minimize risk. I'm not going to pretend this virus is no big deal. I'm not going to pretend it's not out there, and that I cannot get infected.

It's not worth it to me, and I think others should take the same precautions, especially those who are known to have been positive.

This decision is based on what I want to do for my family, not because of what the government is telling me to do. I'm not wearing a mask while away from others, outdoors, with my family, etc. But I am when I cannot avoid close contact with others. This includes the Dr., grocer, delivery people, home workers.

I don't give a shit what Trump or Fauchi, say. Or the news media. We still don't know how much of this is out there. I believe it's more contagious than seasonal flu or the common cold. I also believe people are infected and do not know it.

So no, I am not willing to risk me or my family getting sick with this. We are taking all of the precautions, which are not that hard. Washing hands often. Wiping down packaging and food containers from the grocery/restaurant. Keeping a reasonable distance between people when possible. And yes, wearing a mask when close contact can not be avoided.

If I were you I would not ever leave the house again. You could die in a car accident. Fall down stairs and die. Get run over by a steam roller. Or bus. Or clown car. An airplane could crash on top of you or your car. You could be killed for your wallet or car....

———————————————
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Psalm 14:1

Posts: 4012 | Location: Northeast Georgia | Registered: November 18, 2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
No, not like
Bill Clinton
Picture of BigSwede
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why? He said end of April, today is May 18th. Insert sheep bleat here

I'm taking precaution. I've decided for my family to minimize exposure to people. To minimize risk. I'm not going to pretend this virus is no big deal. I'm not going to pretend it's not out there, and that I cannot get infected.

It's not worth it to me, and I think others should take the same precautions, especially those who are known to have been positive.

This decision is based on what I want to do for my family, not because of what the government is telling me to do. I'm not wearing a mask while away from others, outdoors, with my family, etc. But I am when I cannot avoid close contact with others. This includes the Dr., grocer, delivery people, home workers.

I don't give a shit what Trump or Fauchi, say. Or the news media. We still don't know how much of this is out there. I believe it's more contagious than seasonal flu or the common cold. I also believe people are infected and do not know it.

So no, I am not willing to risk me or my family getting sick with this. We are taking all of the precautions, which are not that hard. Washing hands often. Wiping down packaging and food containers from the grocery/restaurant. Keeping a reasonable distance between people when possible. And yes, wearing a mask when close contact can not be avoided.

Do what you want, sounds like a terrible existence

Posts: 5538 | Location: GA | Registered: September 23, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by PowerSurge:
If I were you I would not ever leave the house again. You could die in a car accident. Fall down stairs and die. Get run over by a steam roller. Or bus. Or clown car. An airplane could crash on top of you or your car. You could be killed for your wallet or car....
Yes, stuff can KILL YOU!!!! Get in your bathtub and stay there!!

Be prepared for loud noise and recoil
Picture of sigalert
posted Hide Post
I’m hopeful the pandemic will show people how globalization has weakened our country. America first.

“Crisis is the rallying cry of the tyrant.” – James Madison

"Keep your fears to yourself, but share your courage with others." - Robert Louis Stevenson

Posts: 3626 | Location: Middle Tennessee  | Registered: March 23, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Internet Guru
posted Hide Post
Should have locked the world down back when Louis Pasteur proved that germ theory was real. We've been ignoring potential calamity all this time!!!

Posts: 2038 | Registered: April 06, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
Do not leave your cave! Sharpen your spears and wait for Thunder God to spit lightning, so that we have sacred fire to cook...errr...what do we have to eat??

Look! Page 500 approaches! We must prepare a sacrifice for Web God...

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BigSwede:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by CPD SIG:
Amen to people being stupid!

I find this completely irresponsible. A known case, and he is at work refusing to protect other people? We can debate the numbers, how deadly it is etc. But we know it's not make believe, it does exist, and it's contagious. People need to do their part.

Why? He said end of April, today is May 18th. Insert sheep bleat here

Sorry, I should have clarified-
He’s completely NONcontagious now. No chance of spreading or getting the virus again.

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8524 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
Do not leave your cave! Sharpen your spears and wait for Thunder God to spit lightning, so that we have sacred fire to cook...errr...what do we have to eat??

Hopefully that sacrifice will work on “Da Rona” too!
I have a heavy rock, can I bring that? I haven’t figured out how to make stick pointy yet...

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8524 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
quote:

Go on ... get on with it! .... In you go!

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:

I bet we can assemble a list of candidates pretty fast. Is a permit required for said sacrifice?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
always with a hat or sunscreen
Picture of bald1
posted Hide Post
Big Grin

Certifiable member of the gun toting, septuagenarian, bucket list workin', crazed retiree, bald is beautiful club!
USN (RET), COTEP #192

Posts: 16517 | Location: Black Hills of South Dakota | Registered: June 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Get Off My Lawn
Picture of oddball
posted Hide Post
Of course masks and "social distancing works, because the media and politicians say so. But how about when the cameras are turned off (or they think so...). A press conference in Chicago featuring Mayor Lightfoot scolding folks in TV land, and reinforcing "her guidelines", all media wearing masks.

"I’m not going to read Time Magazine, I’m not going to read Newsweek, I’m not going to read any of these magazines; I mean, because they have too much to lose by printing the truth"- Bob Dylan, 1965

Posts: 17155 | Location: Texas | Registered: May 13, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Lead slingin'
Parrot Head
Picture of Modern Day Savage
posted Hide Post
^^^^^
Hahahaha...virtue signalling hypocrites.

Posts: 7324 | Location: the Centennial state | Registered: August 21, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I kneel for my God,
and I stand for my flag
posted Hide Post
^^^^

That's the same idiot who got caught getting her hair did at a salon after threatening to have people arrested and jailed for breaking quarantine. She then went on TV after getting called out and basically said she's special because she's a politician.

Oh, and unlike you, she takes her personal appearance and hygiene seriously. Silly peasants, how dare you question her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_MyenCLkgM

Posts: 1847 | Location: Oregon | Registered: September 25, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Banned
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'm not going to pretend this virus is no big deal. I'm not going to pretend it's not out there, and that I cannot get infected.
How many people does the plain old flu kill each year? Have you been hiding in your house since you popped out of the womb? No?? HOW RECKLESS!!!!!!!! Don't you CARE about anyone else?? The flu can kill people, and does!! You could be spreading influenza!! Or, even worse, you could get the flu from someone esle. The flu can KILL YOU, you know?

quote:
This decision is based on what I want to do for my family, not because of what the government is telling me to do.
My God, man. You have been brainwashed. Your decision is not based upon what the government is telling you to do? Say what? Just who in the fuck do you think jammed all that fear into your head???? Tinkerbell??

I realize the chances of my getting through the programming you've received are nil, but, there's always that one in a zillion chance.

The flu is not as contagious as this one. Nor is it as prevalent. Nor is the incubation period as long. Therefore, this is more dangerous. I'm not saying it's going to kill me. I'm saying there's a greater chance in getting infected. Having asthma, and family members who are higher risk, I've taken precaution.

I'not going to get as hysterical as you are - will just say I have not been brainwashed, and your judgement to call me that is either hyperbolic or just assholish. I'm a smart guy, well informed. I haven't panicked. I've read, talked to people I trust, and made an informed decision.

There is no fear. There is a difference between fear and precaution. I know you know that.

Posts: 5906 | Location: Denver, CO | Registered: September 16, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by SIG228:
^^^^

That's the same idiot who got caught getting her hair did at a salon after threatening to have people arrested and jailed for breaking quarantine. She then went on TV after getting called out and basically said she's special because she's a politician.

Oh, and unlike you, she takes her personal appearance and hygiene seriously. Silly peasants, how dare you question her!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_MyenCLkgM

The real question is... When are people going to be fed up with this once and for all?

Btw, we hit 500 pages, now we sacrifice and it's over right?

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Nullus Anxietas
Picture of ensigmatic
posted Hide Post
quote:
The flu is not as contagious as this one. Nor is it as prevalent. Nor is the incubation period as long. Therefore, this is more dangerous.

We all know all that. These are, in fact, some of the same arguments I've made in the past.

quote:
There is a difference between fear and precaution. I know you know that.

At some point you have to get on with life.

As I noted in another thread:
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Despite the weekly protests in Lansing (Michigan's capital), cops publicly announcing they won't enforce [the Governor's] edicts, businesses opening in violation of her orders, and people increasingly returning to some semblance of living: The infection and death rates continue to decline.

Enough, already. I'm about done hiding in our cave.

"America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system,,,, but too early to shoot the bastards." -- Claire Wolfe
"If we let things terrify us, life will not be worth living." -- Seneca the Younger, Roman Stoic philosopher

Posts: 26009 | Location: S.E. Michigan | Registered: January 06, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Step by step walk the thousand mile road
Picture of Sig2340
posted Hide Post
I predict this thread will reach 902 pages.

My spouse works at a local hospital with the largest number of confirmed COVID-19 cases requiring hospitalization in NOVA.

While there are a bunch, it's not the end of the world.

Nice is overrated

"It's every freedom-loving individual's duty to lie to the government."
Airsoftguy, June 29, 2018

Posts: 32008 | Location: Loudoun County, Virginia | Registered: May 17, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ensigmatic:
Despite the weekly protests in Lansing (Michigan's capital), cops publicly announcing they won't enforce [the Governor's] edicts, businesses opening in violation of her orders, and people increasingly returning to some semblance of living: The infection and death rates continue to decline.

Perhaps this is part of the plan, do not open until forced to open, via the courts or public actions. Then any government official can say that they did all they could to protect the safety of the populus with general deniability for the premature opening of the economy should things go south.

When my wife asked early on how long this would last my response was, "until the people revolt or the government runs low on payroll funds"

Posts: 24242 | Location: Gunshine State | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post