SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2)
Page 1 ... 494 495 496 497 498 499 500 ... 1214
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

When will the coronavirus arrive in the US? (Disease: COVID-19; Virus: SARS-CoV-2) Login/Join 
Lawyers, Guns
and Money
Picture of chellim1
posted Hide Post
There is no place (in the USA) more corrupt than Illinois.

Originally posted by 1s1k:

Illinois: Governor Pritzker backed companies profiting off of COVID-19

https://www.mom-at-arms.com/po...ting-off-of-covid-19

"Some things are apparent. Where government moves in, community retreats, civil society disintegrates and our ability to control our own destiny atrophies. The result is: families under siege; war in the streets; unapologetic expropriation of property; the precipitous decline of the rule of law; the rapid rise of corruption; the loss of civility and the triumph of deceit. The result is a debased, debauched culture which finds moral depravity entertaining and virtue contemptible."
-- Justice Janice Rogers Brown

"The United States government is the largest criminal enterprise on earth."
-rduckwor

Posts: 24583 | Location: St. Louis, MO | Registered: April 03, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
I gotta admit, I did laugh while watching this.

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
That's beautiful. Spot on

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of sgalczyn
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bytes:
sgalczyn: I apologize. That was an ass wipe post I made. I took your post a bit personal and that's on me. Take care my friend.

No harm no foul......my humor is usually a stretch. And quoting via smartphone has its risks.

"No matter where you go - there you are"

Posts: 4654 | Location: Eastern PA-Berks/Lehigh Valley | Registered: January 03, 2001Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Savor the limelight
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the video, bigdeal. I think, OK Karen, will be my response if someone were to confront me about mask wearing, going the wrong way at the grocery store, etc.

Posts: 11616 | Location: SWFL | Registered: October 10, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Political Cynic
Picture of nhtagmember
posted Hide Post
That was awesome.

Six months ago anyone who told someone to get out of their 6’ space would have been considered rude and obnoxious.

Now some asshole invented the term ‘social distancing’ which is by definition is an oxymoron and we’re now good that’s the new norm? I don’t think so.

Posts: 53788 | Location: Tucson Arizona | Registered: January 16, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Ya know, my sister is about as laid back as anyone I know. She only has one problem. Her name is Karen. Sucks to be her Big Grin

Posts: 7671 | Registered: October 31, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I was shocked to hear the Colorado governor (Jared Polis, D) lower the covid 19 death count. He said they no longer count people who died WITH covid, only OF covid. When prompted, he did not badmouth Trump either!

His interview with Chris Wallace begins at 24:45, his explanation of the death count at 31:50.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRrrssB6dik

Posts: 16004 | Location: Eastern Iowa | Registered: May 21, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Coin Sniper
Picture of Rightwire
posted Hide Post
Anyone who thinks the new normal is everyone staying a minimum of 6' away at all times doesn't understand that dooms humanity to blink out of existence if followed to the letter. No one would ever be able to date, have a relationship, etc.

It is one of the most impractical concepts out there at the moment.

Pronoun: His Royal Highness and benevolent Majesty of all he surveys

343 - Never Forget

Its better to be Pavlov's dog than Schrodinger's cat

There are three types of mistakes; Those you learn from, those you suffer from, and those you don't survive.

Posts: 38205 | Location: Above the snow line in Michigan | Registered: May 21, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peace through
superior firepower
Picture of parabellum
posted Hide Post
It's pure idiocy, and it will not last. Err, the social distancing, that is. The human race will never be rid of its stupidity until the human race rids itself of the human race.

Sorry to say it, but it's true. None of this bodes well for us. Imagine how things would be right now if we were dealing with a genuine crisis and not this manufactured crap.

We're panicky cattle

Posts: 109053 | Registered: January 20, 2000Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Peripheral Visionary
Picture of tigereye313
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by parabellum:
It's pure idiocy, and it will not last. Err, the social distancing, that is. The human race will never be rid of its stupidity until the human race rids itself of the human race.

Sorry to say it, but it's true. None of this bodes well for us. Imagine how things would be right now if we were dealing with a genuine crisis and not this manufactured crap.

We're panicky cattle

Yep. Imagine if MERS had progressed to an epidemic and the odds were 1:3... Or worse smallpox. It would be genuine pandemonium.

Posts: 11415 | Location: Texas | Registered: January 29, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's pure idiocy, and it will not last. Err, the social distancing, that is. ...

Six inches will trump six feet, every single time...

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of bigdeal
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by sigmonkey:
quote:
It's pure idiocy, and it will not last. Err, the social distancing, that is. ...

Six inches will trump six feet, every single time...
Speak for yourself pal. Razz Razz Razz

-----------------------------
Guns are awesome because they shoot solid lead freedom. Every man should have several guns. And several dogs, because a man with a cat is a woman. Kurt Schlichter

Posts: 33845 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: April 30, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
A Grateful American
Picture of sigmonkey
posted Hide Post
We Jews have been lopping off the ends of our peckers for more than 3500 years, to keep you ill-equipped Philistines from feeling so inadequate...

Big Grin

"the meaning of life, is to give life meaning" Ani Yehudi אני יהודי Le'olam lo shuv לעולם לא שוב!

Posts: 44461 | Location: ...... I am thrice divorced, and I live in a van DOWN BY THE RIVER!!! (in Arkansas) | Registered: December 20, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Just for the
hell of it
Picture of comet24
posted Hide Post
Some lady yelled at me and a friend yesterday for not wearing masks.

So Saturday I met a friend in DC and walked around the city. Usually this time of year I would be hiking someplace but it seems everyone wants to visit the great wilderness these days that never did before. So I've been exploring DC on some weekends. Walking around the city maybe half the people were wearing masks. We had them with us if needed as the city requires them if you're inside most places.

Walking down a street some f-turd told us they were required and we needed to wear them. My only response was a big "nope".

We also got food in the city, OMG. Although it's all just carry out and ate on a bench.

DC has its problems but it's a fun city to explore.

Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. Jack Kerouac

Posts: 16450 | Registered: March 27, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
semi-reformed sailor
Picture of MikeinNC
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're panicky cattle

More like stampeding lemmings.

People are so stupid. Further proof that all the money we pay in taxes for public schooling is failing us all.

"Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor.” Robert A. Heinlein

“You may beat me, but you will never win.” sigmonkey-2020

“A single round of buckshot to the torso almost always results in an immediate change of behavior.” Chris Baker

Posts: 11460 | Location: Temple, Texas! | Registered: October 07, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Amen to people being stupid!

One of my coworkers got Da Rona about the end of April. Tested, got the results back 7 days later (which was a scam in itself). When He got the call saying he was positive for the virus, he just got done running 6 miles, felt totally fine...

He's back to work, been shopping, still running... And REFUSES to wear one of those dumb ass masks. (He has been known to run around with a gas mask on, just for shits and giggles Wink )

When he tells people that he's already had the virus, the reactions from "da community" are rather hilarious. They seriously think that if you get the virus; "You finna DIE!" "Oh, child, it's a miracle you're still alive!"

Brainwashed!

“What the government is good at is collecting taxes, taking away your freedoms and killing people. It’s not good at much else.” —Author Tom Clancy

Posts: 8524 | Location: Attempting to keep the noise down around Midway Airport | Registered: February 14, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
אַרְיֵה
Picture of V-Tail
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by trapper189:

OK Karen, will be my response if someone were to confront me about mask wearing, going the wrong way at the grocery store, etc.
I just realized something. It takes years of training to develop the filters that help a person remain in control and conform to society's notions of acceptable behavior.

Once these filters have been developed to their peak -- the age at which this occurs varies with the individual -- the filters start to wear out and gradually erode. Again, the age at which this starts and the rate and degree of erosion vary with the individual.

In my case, at 83, my filters are pretty well gone.

Apparently your filters are still working, so you would say, "OK, Karen." My filters are worn out, so I would be more likely to say, "Why don't you mind your own fucking business?"

הרחפת שלי מלאה בצלופחים

Posts: 31387 | Location: Central Florida, Orlando area | Registered: January 03, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Festina Lente
Picture of feersum dreadnaught
posted Hide Post
I might actually start liking Elon Musk.

NRA Life Member - "Fear God and Dreadnaught"

Posts: 8295 | Location: in the red zone of the blue state, CT | Registered: October 15, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
It's not you,
it's me.
Picture of RAMIUS
posted Hide Post
If anyone is watching Fox, I’ll be at the NJ gym opening

Posts: 7016 | Location: Right outside Philly | Registered: September 08, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post