SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 ... 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
Enjoying a Tabak Special Negra from Ronin's stash!
Happy 4th forum friends!

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
WTF? A SIG cigar ashtray. Do tell where you found that.

ETA I see it's on the SIG website for legion owners

ETA II. ROUND 2

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4786 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Network Janitor
Picture of mkueffer
posted Hide Post
GA Gator,

Yes, perks for spending extra on a Legion.

A few Sigs and some others

Posts: 2219 | Location: Waukesha, WI | Registered: February 04, 2012Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
Jay-Thanks for the Cigars! I received them a couple of Saturdays ago, but was so damn busy with one thing or another to send you an email to let you know they arrived in great condition.

Due to the hectic schedule I have only been able to enjoy 1 cigar, the Larranaga. Enjoyed it. Good clean straight burn all the way through. Only problem I had was the outer wrap started to come loose about 2/3 of the way through. Very minor issue that did not effect the smoke in any way.

About to go mow the lawn right now. Trying to decide which one I want to try while I do that. Maybe the UF-13 or the Texas edition Perdomo?

Thanks again for your generosity. Appreciate it very much.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
I am looking at getting a small humidor, 10-15 capacity. Have $30 too spend. Any suggestions?

Was looking on ebay just for starters and found this. Do I want one with a separate tray or is a divider enough? I do not have a lot of any one cigar. May buy 3 of one and a bunch of misc. singles. I am currently using Tupperware and boveda pak as well as a mason jar with a clamp down lid and a rubber seal, with a boveda pak. They seem to work fine for the short term but not sure how they will keep long term? Thanks for info.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cigar-...%26sd%3D282087808854

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1104 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMC-PRIDE:
I am looking at getting a small humidor, 10-15 capacity. Have $30 too spend. Any suggestions?

Was looking on ebay just for starters and found this. Do I want one with a separate tray or is a divider enough? I do not have a lot of any one cigar. May buy 3 of one and a bunch of misc. singles. I am currently using Tupperware and boveda pak as well as a mason jar with a clamp down lid and a rubber seal, with a boveda pak. They seem to work fine for the short term but not sure how they will keep long term? Thanks for info.

Without being able to see it in person to check the seals I'd be cautious buying a humidor on eBay. If the seals aren't good, you've wasted your hard earned cash.

If you want a humidor, if it were me I'd go to a cigar store where you can see them, test the seals and get service later if you need it.

That said, tupperware and boveda packs are absolutely fine for long term storage.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
I had good luck with the newbie deal that CI offers, its like 10 smokes and a cheapy humidor for about 40$ maybe more. My cheapy humidor still works great. Glad you enjoy the smokes USMC, you may want to moisten them up as it was 100 outside when I mailed those.

ETA- the deal no longer includes cigars but comes with a bunch for 40$

http://www.cigarsinternational...er-pack-ii/#p-162243

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Flash Ninja
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'd try Cbid over ebay. It's basically Cigar International's discount site. Here's one for $19. I have one similar if not exact to this one. I use it for overflow from my main humidor.

http://www.cigarbid.com/auctio...humidor-40-capacity/

----
We don't need no stinkin' badges.

Posts: 2075 | Location: Austin, TX | Registered: June 11, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
I'd see how well the Tupperware holds RH and if it's steady over?the long term stick with it. If you plan on keeping a larger stash then invest in a quality humidor.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I orderer some stuff for a tupperdor earlier, while I am waiting for my wood humidor to season.

Here's what I got:

2 Spanish cedar trays: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

1 storage container: https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm giving the wood humidor 14 days to season using the Boveda 84% packs. All of the gaps around the lid are tight. I may have to line the bottom with more Spanish cedar before I am done though.

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Probably on a trip
Picture of furlough
posted Hide Post
Trying one of the Perdomo Craft Series this afternoon.

I am pairing the beer craft stick with an excellent double IPA.

ETA: Well I'll be damned but this pairing works. Smooth cigar, not much if any spice goes very well with a good beer. Green Flash Brewing West Coast IPA.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: furlough,

This and no other is the root from which a tyrant springs; when he first appears above ground he is a protector.
Plato

Posts: 1773 | Location: Texas! | Registered: June 13, 2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well I'll be damned but this pairing works

Perdomo got the craft series right.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:

This Father's Day set up might be right in your alley....

http://www.cigarsinternational...-combo/?promoid=1706

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

Relaxing with a Man O War Virtue this morning, wondering when it will end.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Caribou gorn
Picture of YellowJacket
posted Hide Post
leaving for HHI tomorrow morning with a good supply of ISOM Monte Double Edmundos. I really like the size of these (50 x 6 1/8)

I'm gonna vote for the funniest frog with the loudest croak on the highest log.

Posts: 10487 | Location: Marietta, GA | Registered: February 10, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Flash Ninja:
Hey petr man?! (Office Space?) Hah... thanks for the heads up on the CLE line. Really becoming my favorite daily smoke!

Glad you enjoy them. Which one/s are you liking? As I said before, they are one dimensional but are quite tasty. The Cuarenta 11/18 with age are my favorite size and really do think they are better than an OpusX.

Posts: 3664 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
Man o War Virtue has to be one of the top Connecticut smokes out there especially for the price. Enough flavor to keep you interested but not overwhelming. I need to get some more.

Posts: 13743 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Illusione eccj for dinner tonight...wonderful!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Flow first,
power later.
posted Hide Post
I ordered a Man O War 12 pack off cigar bid a couple of days ago. I couldn't find them in the store. So I was happy to win them in an auction. 12 cigars, three types.

That site is addictive

Posts: 672 | Location: Tampa | Registered: September 23, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post

I am enjoying this La Gloria Cubana Edicion Festival at the moment. In getting the last of the stuff out of our old house, I missed the one thing I look forward to each year. The Deutsche Classic. An all German car show in rural Pennsylvania. http://www.deutscheclassic.com/ There are many fine automobiles there representing their makers. Man I am pissed! I was thinking it was next week. More importantly, my youngest son really looks forward to it too as they have Haggerty there and let the kids judge predetermined cars. We learned a lot last year doing this. I am more upset about him missing it than if it was just me.