SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 362 363 364 365
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
It seemed like a good idea...
Picture of lude4life
posted Hide Post
While on a recent trip to Germany

-Jay

"Assault is a type of behavior, not a type of hardware." -Alan Korwin

Posts: 2810 | Location: Central Oregon | Registered: November 03, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jim Shugart:
No doubt this has already been discussed here, but I don't wanna scroll through 360+ pages.

Who do you like as an online cigar merchant?

Big sites:
JRCigars.com
Famous-Smoke.com
Less well known but incredible customer service:
CigarsDaily.com
UnicornHunters.club

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Found out today I might be able to go to Cuba in April with my local cigar store for 4 days of coffee/food/beaches and obviously cigars. Fingers crossed that it can be worked out!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Thank you
Very little
Picture of HRK
posted Hide Post
that would be a cool trip, I'd like to do it, wife isn't so keen on going to Cuba, but I'd like to see the cigar factories, old cars, coffee as well..

Posts: 23448 | Location: Florida | Registered: November 07, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
Cuba is awesome for cigar smokers. I’ve been twice.

Make sure you do some research before you go about conditions in Havana. Unfortunately it’s horrible currently. There are shortages of everything…food, coffee, sugar, bottled water, electity is sporadic, blackouts happen almost daily.

Even cigars are in short supply and prices have doubled since 2022. It use to be the best place in the world to buy Cuban Cigars but pricing is now about the same everywhere.

It’s still an amazing place that I hope to see again.

There is nothing like sitting on the patio at the hotel national enjoying a cigar and a mojito.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Make sure you do some research before you go about conditions in Havana. Unfortunately it’s horrible currently. There are shortages of everything…food, coffee, sugar, bottled water, electity is sporadic, blackouts happen almost daily.

The person organizing the trip is pretty well known within the cigar community and travels there often; the itinerary looks pretty detailed. We’ll be well taken care of. I appreciate the word of caution though, more to follow assuming the trip is confirmed. (Especially on tips/thoughts/and places to see with any free time)

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12332 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of Salty Dawg
posted Hide Post
Hope this works out for you and that you will give us a very detailed report upon your return.

Posts: 696 | Location: Virginia | Registered: June 12, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
I have never smoked a Cuban cigar. Are they worth it?

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Edmond:
I have never smoked a Cuban cigar. Are they worth it?

It depends.

Personally I have no time for much that has been offered in the past 5-10 years. The crops and soils have been so overproduced that the quality and consistency are just not there anymore. That may be different for the crazy high-end stuff (Cohiba) but I purchased a box of Monte #2 a few years ago that were essentially garbage.

If I go on this trip it will be more about the idea of visiting the Mecca of cigar smoking than bringing home boxes of cigars.

Jeff Y is far more versed on the topic than I am and will likely have much more to add.

Personally I prefer Nicaraguan cigars (Liga and Tatuaje) over most Cubans I’ve had recently.

That said..I’d give just about anything for a box of pre-2015 Monte #2’s!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

My dog crosses the line
Picture of Jeff Yarchin
posted Hide Post
I’m a Cuban cigar guy. I love them. Much has happened post Covid in cuba to destroy the industry. Great cigars are still available but you have to be careful. I stay away from the high volume cigars as that is where most of the issues are.

I’ll post more in the topic when I get to my computer.

Posts: 12921 | Registered: June 20, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Double Double Night

Tonight I'm enjoying a LFD Double Ligero along with a Bells Double Two Hearted.

About to throw a couple of 18 oz ribeyes on the grill

Posts: 11223 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
I Am The Walrus
posted Hide Post
Had some great cigars last week.

This is from a small cigar shop in Ybor City where the owner is a Cuban lady. This had a sweet wrapper to it. La Faraona is the name of the company/cigars. They have a variety of cigars to choose from in terms of strength, taste and size. Their cigars tend to be on the medium-heavy side.

My first time having one of these West Tampa cigars, not bad.

This was a pretty good cigar. Had this one after the West Tampa cigar. I've yet to be disappointed with anything from Drew Estates.

Posts: 13111 | Registered: March 12, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post