SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Lounge    The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection.
Page 1 ... 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 ... 366
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Half Ashed Cigar Lounge - and sticks with protection. Login/Join 
Cat Whisperer
Picture of cmr076
posted Hide Post
I just had an Alex Bradley Prensado, this was the second one I picked up and liked it quite a bit.

------------------------------------

├┼┼╕
246R

Posts: 3901 | Location: SE PA | Registered: November 13, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
Yeah "my uzi weighs a ton" comes from the song blinded by the sun. Johnathan Drew was a big fan of the song, and the lyric "Grandma's got an uzi and it weighs a ton, Johnny law has got her on the run" became MUWAT.

Everlast - Blinded by the Sun /with lyrics/: https://youtu.be/9hUSeMCuvpU

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Here is my Cigar for the evening

OpusX Angels Share

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Angel's Share. Nice Petr, one of the tastiest sticks I've ever enjoyed.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Not bad for $13 and change with 4 months of age. I still like the CLE Cuarenta a little more though. This has a "dry" smoke to it where the CLE is more smooth and creamy. The flavors are comparable though this has a little more spice to it. Still a great stick though!

Posts: 3682 | Location: PA | Registered: November 15, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
I do not recall if I bought this or it came in a package deal; don't recognize it. So far I really like it, the smoke has a very pleasant odor.

The band says, "Balmoreal Royal Secection Anejo 18"

ETA - it is delicous. I get the coolest cinnamon taste during retrohale.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Posts: 12405 | Location: Belly of the Beast | Registered: January 02, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
2 types of people..Those with Guns and those who dig!
Picture of USMC-PRIDE
posted Hide Post
heading up to the smoke shop today. Reltively new to cigars.Last ones i bought were Perdomo's they were ok but i would like to try something else.I prefer something more on the mild side, but i am open to suggestions. A friend said to try olivia v and one other that I cannot remember the whole name it was angels something.

any suggestions are appreciated. i would like to keep it in the 8 to 10 dollar rage if possible.

---------------------------------------
"One of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the great struggle for independence."-----Charles Beard

Posts: 1106 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: July 07, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Hey Marine. Where about in MN do you live? Maybe we could connect sometime for a stick? If you are in the Metro area then I highly recommend Tobacco Grove. Any of the guys there will spend the time necessary to put you into something you will enjoy.

Send me an e-mail and I'll send you out a few things.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Blinded by
the Sun
Picture of GA Gator
posted Hide Post
USMC crowned heads Headly Grange is excellent med bodied. Also try AvO, Perdomo champagne.

I'm going to get a good stick in tonight, my son is going to compete in state little League tournament, and he is one of the top swimmers in the county, he will be competing at Georgia Tech's pool in a county invitational. I am hoping the dates will not conflict. I haven't confirmed the baseball date.

------------------------------
Smart is not something you are but something you get.

Chi Chi, get the yayo

Posts: 4796 | Location: Home | Registered: April 27, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
cigar smoking 11b4
Picture of goatboyz
posted Hide Post
USMC, I'd avoid the V if you like a more mild cigar. They are great cigars to be sure, but they definitely are not mild or medium.

Smoked a San Miguel and a Diesel Hair of the Dog today while doing some yard work. The San Miguel is a pretty good cigar (I may be biased since he's my patron saint)! The HotD is a really good smoke. I would say it has more power than flavor if that makes sense. It wasn't overpowering, but I had to set it down a couple of times instead of holding it in my mouth... I got kinda heady a couple of times.. A beautiful day with some good cigars, what could be better?!

‎"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me."
-- Archilocus, 650 B.C.

Posts: 1247 | Location: Behind the cheddar curtain. | Registered: July 17, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
I would suggest a My Father Connecticut or Man O War Virtue. Maybe even a Fuente.

I smoked my first Cohiba Behike today. Eh. Nothing fabulous.

Picture of Leemur
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by petr:
I would suggest a My Father Connecticut or Man O War Virtue. Maybe even a Fuente.

I smoked my first Cohiba Behike today. Eh. Nothing fabulous.

Precisely this. Man o War Virtue and My Father Connecticut are two of the most flavorful mild smokes you'll ever find.

Posts: 13836 | Location: Shenandoah Valley, VA | Registered: October 16, 2008Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Cigar Nerd
Picture of Jaywendland1981
posted Hide Post
Finally Taking a break and puffing on a perdomo edicion de silvio. With some Ardbeg perpetuum. This scotch pairs well with all my favorite smokes. Its way too smooth and easy to drink. I have been pouring my glass a little too deep and have quite the buzz.

There will be whores, tits and sex.

Posts: 4305 | Location: Houston, Tx | Registered: January 30, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
Smoking another gem this fine Sunday afternoon. Tatuaje 10th anniversary torpedo.

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by USMC-PRIDE:
heading up to the smoke shop today. Reltively new to cigars.

Try a Perdomo Sun Grown or a CLE Connecticut. Romeo Y Julietta Reserva Reals are good but the 1875 isn't nearly as good. Macanudos are a good place to start as well. Go for lighter wrappers and smaller ring sizes until you get an idea of what you like.

Posts: 709 | Location: Rural W. MI | Registered: February 25, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
Evening Gents...just got back from a 43 mile training ride on my bicycle. Doing the M.S. 150 this weekend and to celebrate I am smoking one I've been hanging onto for a while. An Arturo Gran AniverXario, Toro Sun Grown - just getting into it and there is a really cool mocha/coffee bean thing going on.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Good choice in cigar! I have a Mi Amor waiting in my humidor that will go up in ash soon. Most likely over the 4th of July.

Semper Fi - 1775
Picture of Ronin1069
posted Hide Post
DAMN IT! I want more!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

posted Hide Post
Take that band off and nub it! I know, too late now but I always burn it down after the band has been removed.

posted Hide Post
I started pressure washing the railing on the deck in order to prepare it for paint. There are severe storms expected here tonight and I walked around the corner to be greeted by heavy black skies. I wrapped everything up in a hurry, only to find out I have about an hour to kill before the shit hits the fan, so... I grabbed a Blend Lab KK-4560 to watch the storms roll in. We are under a tornado watch until 10pm and Reed Timmer the storm chaser is 15 miles away. It could get interesting as the night progresses. I'll be outside for a bit and if it's too bad, the basement. Until then, smoke 'em if ya got 'em!