SIGforum.com    Main Page  Hop To Forum Categories  The Gallery    A revival of the Watch thread
Page 1 ... 354 355 356 357 358 359 360 ... 472
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

A revival of the Watch thread Login/Join 
Picture of Green Highlander
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by fischtown7:
I do okay with bracelets and Nato straps, but with 8.5" wrists I really have problems finding rubber straps that fit. I have tried Barton and some others but even the larges are on the last hole sometimes. Looking for any recommendations for where to find good leather and rubber large watch straps.

Check out esslinger.com. They have had a good selection of long straps.

"You know, Scotland has its own martial arts. Yeah, it's called Fuck You. It's mostly just head butting and then kicking people when they're on the ground." - Charlie MacKenzie (Mike Myers in "So I Married an Axe Murderer")

Posts: 2385 | Location: Seacoast, NH | Registered: July 20, 2010Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
This highly modified Seiko turtle with a ceramic bracelet turned out pretty good. The DLC finish along with the ceramic bezel insert and bracelet all look great together.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The price of liberty and even of common humanity is eternal vigilance

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
You know already that I like the Samurai case a lot more than I like the Turtle case, but I'll freely admit I like the looks of that DLC Turtle case with the black day/date markers. Nicely done!

God bless America.

Posts: 13481 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Washing machine whisperer
Picture of Appliance Brad
posted Hide Post
Second and Fourth Tuesdays are County Commission days. I try to dress nicely so I pocket carry in whatever slacks I'm wearing. Holster from Big River leather, raindrop Damascus small Sebenza and my Movado Museum Sport

Movado and P2AT by Brad Benzing, on Flickr

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of P250UA5
posted Hide Post
Nice Movado, I don't wear mine often enough.
It's probably due for a service & a battery, now that I think about it.

The Enemy's gate is down.

Posts: 15236 | Location: Spring, TX | Registered: July 11, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
I had to make a tool to service my Poljot pushers.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39741 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
That’s pretty cool SC. I’ve learned the hard way that watch repair goes so much more smoothly when you are using quality tools.

What does it do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Posts: 21099 | Location: San Dimas CA, the Old Dominion or the Tar Heel State…flip a coin  | Registered: April 16, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Shaman
Picture of ScreamingCockatoo
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
That’s pretty cool SC. I’ve learned the hard way that watch repair goes so much more smoothly when you are using quality tools.

What does it do?

Hold a chrono pusher together so I can replace the clip I removed.

He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster.

Posts: 39741 | Location: Atop the cockatoo tree | Registered: July 27, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
Making tools to fix other tools. A craftsman.

Posts: 17098 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of toxophilus84
posted Hide Post
First purchase of 2022 just arrived, put it on an Uncle Seiko velcro strap...

the handle?... it's Latin for "Lover of the Bow".

Posts: 222 | Location: Earth, Colorado | Registered: March 30, 2002Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
Gorgeous! I love that dial & lume. It looks like you got lucky and got one with good chapter ring alignment. Cool

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Picture of vthoky
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by toxophilus84:
(pic)

Waffle Samurai! Nice choice, sir! Cool

God bless America.

Posts: 13481 | Location: The mountainous part of Hokie Nation! | Registered: July 15, 2007Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I love the way this gunmetal DLC watch looks. I love the way it feels on the wrist, the micro adjust built into the clasp is something every single watch in this price category and especially the ones above should have...yeah, I’m looking at you Tudor and hoping you change this little annoyance.

Most of all I just adore the way the light catches and reflects off the angled inside edges of the indices and watch hands. The angled indices is a characteristic that reminds me of a Seiko dial and is originally what drew me to the Seiko Stargate II dial (seen above on this page on that DLC Seiko Turtle Mod) Which is why it quickly became one of my favorite Seiko dials and why I like this Christopher Ward dial so much.

This Christopher Ward C60 Abyss GMT has put a lot of my watches into a prolonged period of hibernation. If watches could have emotions I think all of my other watches probably hate this watch and are jealous of the monopoly on attention it is currently enjoying. Big Grin

Very cool dial and indices. It makes me smile every time I look at the dial.

And oh what a case shape and profile.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
Seriously looking at an Oris Aquis date relief with the cherry red dial.

Talk me out of this Wink

The Sinn U1 I've been chasing for a couple years just keeps getting more and more expensive. Price is up a grand since I started looking.

Posts: 11219 | Location: below the palm tree line of Michigan | Registered: September 17, 2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
I feel your pain Brad. I too have had my eye on a Sinn (an Arktis II) but oh man that price tag.....

One day I’ll get one.

I’ve never owned an Oris watch. One of the guys who moderated a watch page with me loved them more than the brand our group focused on (Glycine). I’ve always thought they were good looking watches.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by stickman428:
I feel your pain Brad.

Have you seen what Polar Explorers are up to? Smile
And my wife thinks they look better than the two tone Sub that is my Grail watch

Thanks for the insights on the Oris The Sinn is probably the long term better deal since they produce so few every year but I'm going to let other people pay inflated prices for them.

Frangas non Flectes
Picture of P220 Smudge
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Appliance Brad:

Yeah, the Aquis really catches my eye. The blue or aquamarine dial does it for me.

quote:
The Sinn U1 I've been chasing for a couple years just keeps getting more and more expensive. Price is up a grand since I started looking.

Yeah, their prices keep going up. I was looking at a 104 last summer. They indices version on the fine link I think was around $1,400. It's now $1,800. I think if I get serious about pulling the trigger on one, I'll be looking at used.

Posts: 17098 | Location: Sonoran Desert | Registered: February 10, 2011Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Official forum
SIG Pro
enthusiast
Picture of stickman428
posted Hide Post
The one that I like from Oris is the ProDiver Chronograph. The Aquis is a great looking watch too.

Now for something completely unrelated.

I’ve been watching the new Boba Fett series and it’s been a lot of fun. In full sun Christopher Ward’s gunmetal DLC finish almost looks like Beskar armor. Big Grin

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Diogenes' Quarry
Picture of at-home-daddy
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by P220 Smudge:
quote:

Yeah, the Aquis really catches my eye. The blue or aquamarine dial does it for me.

Same. While my eyes are always larger than my wallet when it comes to watches, if I were to ever breach that four-figure price barrier, it'd likely be the Oris Aquis with the blue dial and black bezel...just a stunning package.

Posts: 5088 | Location: Western WA  | Registered: October 20, 2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Picture of carriganzl
posted Hide Post
I bought the watch used on ebay with a rubber strap. Finally received the steel band (and extra link) and got them put on. Makes this watch feel completely different from a rubber or Nato strap. I am loving it.

SCUBA Diving, going down is what we do best.

Posts: 955 | Location: Western NC | Registered: July 21, 2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post